Star Wars Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
pauly20powers

Star Wars Mystery Minis

Postby pauly20powers » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:52 pm

They seem to be catching up on the various movies for mystery minis.

Do you think we will see Rogue One?

That's the set I really want

danzaddiction

Re: Star Wars Mystery Minis

Postby danzaddiction » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:38 am

I'm still waiting on the Prequels...so many fun ones that could be made from those movies. Lots of interesting figures, cause these other series are really repetitive. ESPECIALLY WITH THE HORRIBLE ODDS. They make it so you'd never want to buy a case, and the boxes in stores are all picked apart and tons are left over. The ESB series would have 4 duplicates in a case of 12...and one of those sets of 2 is Chewy, who has been a double in like every series so far. I have an army of Chewbaccas.

Funko needs to go back to the standard case format from a couple years ago. 1 chase, 2 semi-rare and 9 common per case with no duplicates guaranteed. I would buy cases, but now with the duplicate-heavy series, I am reluctant to buy more than a few boxes and only from an untouched case so I can grab from spots where I know I won't get doubles. I went from buying a guaranteed 12 boxes (and possibly more) of minis from a series to 3 or 4. Turning off Funatics like us while annoying the new customers when they pull two boxes and get the same exact figure is not a good strategy for growth.

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:45 am

danzaddiction wrote:I'm still waiting on the Prequels...so many fun ones that could be made from those movies. Lots of interesting figures, cause these other series are really repetitive. ESPECIALLY WITH THE HORRIBLE ODDS. They make it so you'd never want to buy a case, and the boxes in stores are all picked apart and tons are left over. The ESB series would have 4 duplicates in a case of 12...and one of those sets of 2 is Chewy, who has been a double in like every series so far. I have an army of Chewbaccas.

Funko needs to go back to the standard case format from a couple years ago. 1 chase, 2 semi-rare and 9 common per case with no duplicates guaranteed. I would buy cases, but now with the duplicate-heavy series, I am reluctant to buy more than a few boxes and only from an untouched case so I can grab from spots where I know I won't get doubles. I went from buying a guaranteed 12 boxes (and possibly more) of minis from a series to 3 or 4. Turning off Funatics like us while annoying the new customers when they pull two boxes and get the same exact figure is not a good strategy for growth.

Could not have said it better myself. All these super rare ratios do is put money into the pockets of sellers on eBay. Funko would probably make more money with the old format... but who am I kidding, they still make a killing on these things regardless of the ratios.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

danzaddiction

Postby danzaddiction » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:57 am

yokofox33 wrote:
Could not have said it better myself. All these super rare ratios do is put money into the pockets of sellers on eBay. Funko would probably make more money with the old format... but who am I kidding, they still make a killing on these things regardless of the ratios.

They may be making a killing, but you'll notice that mystery mini cases remain in stores a lot longer now with the same boxes untouched. If they continue the bad ratios, loyal customers will continue to be turned off while new customers will think it's a ripoff when they keep getting duplicates. Kidrobot did this and nearly went bankrupt...they used to be the main mystery mini collectible out there, and now they're nearly impossible to find. Funko is definitely more diversified, but they're leaving $$$ on the table with their poor management of the mystery mini lines. Plus, no new Horror series yet? There's been 77 different Five Nights At Freddy's minis and only 57 Horror ones and 36 Sci-Fi ones...why?

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:55 pm

danzaddiction wrote:They may be making a killing, but you'll notice that mystery mini cases remain in stores a lot longer now with the same boxes untouched. If they continue the bad ratios, loyal customers will continue to be turned off while new customers will think it's a ripoff when they keep getting duplicates. Kidrobot did this and nearly went bankrupt...they used to be the main mystery mini collectible out there, and now they're nearly impossible to find. Funko is definitely more diversified, but they're leaving $$$ on the table with their poor management of the mystery mini lines. Plus, no new Horror series yet? There's been 77 different Five Nights At Freddy's minis and only 57 Horror ones and 36 Sci-Fi ones...why?

FNAF is really big with the younger audience. Oddly enough, they’re probably the most consistently selling series in my area. There are still lots of Solo/TLJ/Infinity War Minis sitting around, while the FNAF always sells really well. I think Funko doesn’t make the Horror and Sci-Fi ones too often because it probably takes a lot of hassling to get the licensors approval for every single character that they include.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:54 am

Just wanted to share my list of wants for episode 6
Endor Luke, Han, Leia
Slave Leia, Hooded Luke, carbonate Han
Jabba, Oola, Bib, Rancor
Wicket, empower, red guard, scout trooper
Unmasked Vader, jedi Luke, Force Ben,
Hmmm wedge, nien, gen lando, mon mothma
Any others??
It’s me Lynda

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:14 am

pauly20powers wrote:They seem to be catching up on the various movies for mystery minis.

Do you think we will see Rogue One?

That's the set I really want

Tee hee... I hope they do prequels 1-3 first <3

Middle Aged Obi
General Grievous

Come onnnnn

danzaddiction

Postby danzaddiction » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Popfanatics wrote:Just wanted to share my list of wants for episode 6
Endor Luke, Han, Leia
Jabba, Oola, Bib, Rancor
Any others??

So many good ideas in there. Likely they will make more than one Ewok, with a couple being exclusive. Unmasked Vader would probably be a chase, Max Rebo would be cool. And MON MOTHMA is clearly the most underrated character in the SW universe. She's literally the most important rebel leader and yet we have nothing of her. They could also have a speeder bike like they made Darryl's chopper in the TWD series.

Tyrannicus

Postby Tyrannicus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Would like to see more love for the prequels and The Clone Wars. Though the latest Smuggler's Bounty subscription box just included a mystery mini of good old Sheev "The Senate" Palpatine and his UUUUUNNNNNLIMITED POWAAAA!!!

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:39 pm

Tyrannicus wrote:Would like to see more love for the prequels and The Clone Wars. Though the latest Smuggler's Bounty subscription box just included a mystery mini of good old Sheev "The Senate" Palpatine and his UUUUUNNNNNLIMITED POWAAAA!!!

That's an awesome looking minis. Hopefully, I can trade for one.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:42 pm

The 1/6 ratios need to stop before I get back into buying minis set after set. I would definitely like to see Jar Jar and Watto if they do prequels.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:08 pm

danzaddiction wrote:
Endor Luke, Han, Leia
Jabba, Oola, Bib, Rancor
Any others??

So many good ideas in there. Likely they will make more than one Ewok, with a couple being exclusive. Unmasked Vader would probably be a chase, Max Rebo would be cool. And MON MOTHMA is clearly the most underrated character in the SW universe. She's literally the most important rebel leader and yet we have nothing of her. They could also have a speeder bike like they made Darryl's chopper in the TWD series.

Yes...so many they can make. Can easily make 2 series of ep 6!
Even more of ep1. Amidala had like 7 outfits haha
It’s me Lynda

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:59 pm

Endor Luke, Han, Leia
Jabba, Oola, Bib, Rancor
Any others??

I would like a Scout Trooper! Good list!

Prequels would be nice! I think Disney doesnt like them for some reason since prequel stuff is pretty uncommon in merchandise lately. A Droideka figure would be awesome.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Tyrannicus

Postby Tyrannicus » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:43 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:Prequels would be nice! I think Disney doesnt like them for some reason since prequel stuff is pretty uncommon in merchandise lately.

I have a strong feeling that stance is changing right now, given the recent huge cameo at the end of Solo (I won't spoil it for those who missed it), and the return of The Clone Wars. At SDCC Lucasfilm also announced quite a few prequel-centric novels and comics too.

I get why they wanted to distance themselves from the prequels when starting the new films, but I think the time has now come for Disney to embrace all of Star Wars equally. Many people grew up with the prequels, and others grew up on The Clone Wars, so they're going to want to appeal to everyone now. And if the rumors about the Kenobi movie are true, that will also be very prequel-leaning.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:12 pm

With all the different characters from every movie. They can easy come out with two new sets of minis for every movie.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:35 pm

danzaddiction wrote:
Endor Luke, Han, Leia
Jabba, Oola, Bib, Rancor
Any others??

With slave Leia and Jabba, we need a Salacious B. Crumb. Really wish we would've gotten a holo Leia in the first set. But I love these ideas!
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:41 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:
danzaddiction wrote:
Endor Luke, Han, Leia
Jabba, Oola, Bib, Rancor
Any others??

With slave Leia and Jabba, we need a Salacious B. Crumb. Really wish we would've gotten a holo Leia in the first set. But I love these ideas!

I thought about that but the proportions would be off and I’m too anal to let it go haha!
It’s me Lynda

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Popfanatics wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:
danzaddiction wrote:

I thought about that but the proportions would be off and I’m too anal to let it go haha!

Lol a giant mouse would still be cute! If they made Jabba as tall as the Wampa, and Crumb the size of Yoda or R2, o think he'd be okay next to Jabba. Would just look funny next to people lol
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:52 pm

Valde wrote:The 1/6 ratios need to stop before I get back into buying minis set after set. I would definitely like to see Jar Jar and Watto if they do prequels.

I will buy 72 Mystery Mini boxes if that’s what it takes to get Jar Jar.

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:53 pm

Classier wrote:
Valde wrote:The 1/6 ratios need to stop before I get back into buying minis set after set. I would definitely like to see Jar Jar and Watto if they do prequels.

I wish I could buy 72 to find what I needed but my luck I still wouldn't get it #-o :-({|=
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:09 pm

Lakers wrote:With all the different characters from every movie. They can easy come out with two new sets of minis for every movie.

That would be really cool if they did that, well except for my wallet.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:54 pm

Classier wrote:

A jar jar mini would actually be cool...even tho he did cause the death of millions :eek:
It’s me Lynda

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:24 am

Popfanatics wrote:
Classier wrote:

A jar jar mini would actually be cool...even tho he did cause the death of millions :eek:

Even the younglings.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

dannyk

Postby dannyk » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:17 am

I want my Darth Maul. That is all.
~ PROG ~

XBOX: PROGMONSTER

Image Image Image

Co-Founder of Secondary Heroes #NerdsUnite

Lady_Macbeth

Postby Lady_Macbeth » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:00 am

Even though I am not personally a fan of the Prequels (having grown up in the era of the OT), an Aurra Sing would be great (should they never produce CW minis). But, if they do make CW minis, I will buy ALL THE BOXES.

P.S. I have a serious CW issue. Problem. Obsession. Addiction. I NEED AN ASAJJ!
"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal." - Jane Austen

pauly20powers

Postby pauly20powers » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:06 pm

So many good ideas. I kinda want them all now

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:31 pm

I'd actually really love some prequel Star Wars minis... Say what you will about them not being anywhere as good as the OT, there are some pretty cool characters... I think my only proviso would be if we could do them without being bobbleheads... I know that there's a licensing issue, but when I compare the SW ones to those like LOTR and how much BETTER they could be without bases or bobbles, it makes me slightly cranky...

Prequels, Clone Wars, Rebels, all would be awesome as minis... I wouldn't even mind a Phantom Menace era Anakin lol...

Return to “Blind Bags”