Nightmare Before Christmas Mystery Minis Series 3

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
DaleDobeck

Re: Nightmare Before Christmas Mystery Minis Series 3

Postby DaleDobeck » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:53 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:No sorry I bought them on eBay

Sorry, I meant the number on the bottom of the boxes.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:38 pm

My layout was almost the same as the previous one posted, only flipped it looks like! We found the full case already out on display, so there's a chance that it was mixed up, but since it matches so closely just mirrored, it might just be a variant.

TBL - Jack - 63.27
TBR - Sally - 76.55
TML - Barrel - 58.92
TMR - Shock - 70.35
TFL - Dr. Finkelstein - 66.61
TFR - Mayor - 71.07

BBL - PJ's Jack (flocked exclusive) - 72.57
BBR - Vampire Teddy - 48.34
BML - Lock - 60.34
BMR - Pumpkin Jack - 69.59
BFL - Zero (GITD exclusive) - 48.29
BFR - Oogie Boogie (GITD exclusive) - 78.77
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:38 pm

DaleDobeck wrote:

I'll try to find the box I kept to get the WIC or UPC for you when I get home!
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:12 pm

well I struck out looking for Zero today, but if anybody wants a Sally or Mayor let me know and i'll give you a good deal ;)

Brizzo

Postby Brizzo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards (and to funko collecting in general). Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the information shared here. Most of the Walgreens around here seemed to have their cases rearranged, but I was able to get the 3 exclusives from one store with an undisturbed box. So, thanks to everyone and I look forward to be a part of the community!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Brizzo wrote: but I was able to get the 3 exclusives from one store with an undisturbed box. So, thanks to everyone and I look forward to be a part of the community!

congrats, do you happen to remember which layout you used to find them?

DaleDobeck

Postby DaleDobeck » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:59 pm

kihou wrote:
DaleDobeck wrote:

I'll try to find the box I kept to get the WIC or UPC for you when I get home!

Gracias!

Brizzo

Postby Brizzo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
congrats, do you happen to remember which layout you used to find them?

I used this one:

Unfortunately when I hit up another Walgreens to try getting the last few that I need (pumpkin king, jack, shock, and teddy) the case had 12, but had clearly been shuffled. I tried my luck and ended up with doubles of lock, barrel and glow in the dark oogie. I'm torn between trying my luck at other stores, or trying to find a way to trade them for what I need.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:11 pm

Brizzo wrote:I used this one:

thanks, that's the one I tried. it wasn't a full case mind you, but got Sally and the Mayor.

DaleDobeck

Postby DaleDobeck » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:35 am

Mr Yac wrote:well I struck out looking for Zero today, but if anybody wants a Sally or Mayor let me know and i'll give you a good deal ;)

You looking for just zero? I got an extra jack and I’m looking for mayor.

My HT said I was getting a new case but it had 2 jacks and 2 Sally’s. No mayor or finklestein. ](*,)

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:57 pm

kihou wrote:My layout was almost the same as the previous one posted, only flipped it looks like! We found the full case already out on display, so there's a chance that it was mixed up, but since it matches so closely just mirrored, it might just be a variant.

I've tried 2 now and the zero wasn't in the bottom front spot on either, so there is certainly some variation in them. my first pull ended up being Sally and the Mayor in front bottom, this time I was smart enough to recognize Sally's fat head in the same spot so I instead just shook them all till I got the 2 lightest. unfortunately I already forgot where they were but they were indeed Zero & the Teddy, so thanks for the weights as I figured he'd be lighter then the rest but your numbers made it clear he'd be the lightest of them all.

Brizzo

Postby Brizzo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:34 pm

I never thought of trying to feel them through the box. That might at least help me find jack and the pumpkin king.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:56 pm

I found another case at a different Walgreens, and this time the three exclusives were on the top level (but still top back left, and the two front ones).
ISO Mystery Minis!

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:49 pm

Brizzo wrote:I never thought of trying to feel them through the box. That might at least help me find jack and the pumpkin king.

It's a bit harder with Mystery Minis, since they are usually wrapped and then in the box.

blkvnyl

Postby blkvnyl » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:11 pm

All minis are supposed to be wrapped right? Lol. My husband was so excited to find two for me that he didn't notice that they were unwrapped. The were reglued on the bottom. At least who ever returned these didn't open the bags inside. Guess they didn't want Sally or Vampire teddy.
:freddy3:

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:10 am

blkvnyl wrote:All minis are supposed to be wrapped right? Lol. My husband was so excited to find two for me that he didn't notice that they were unwrapped. The were reglued on the bottom. At least who ever returned these didn't open the bags inside. Guess they didn't want Sally or Vampire teddy.

A few lines have no shrink wrap (Mad Max was one of the ones that didn't), but the NBC ones are wrapped, yeah.

cptuff1969

Postby cptuff1969 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:22 am

Did anyone notice on PPG what they say is the trending value for Oogie Boogie GITD clearly a mistake I believe https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/p/M ... inthedark/
Image Image[/quote]

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:27 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
blkvnyl wrote:All minis are supposed to be wrapped right? Lol. My husband was so excited to find two for me that he didn't notice that they were unwrapped. The were reglued on the bottom. At least who ever returned these didn't open the bags inside. Guess they didn't want Sally or Vampire teddy.

A few lines have no shrink wrap (Mad Max was one of the ones that didn't), but the NBC ones are wrapped, yeah.

The Alice in Wonderland ones were also not shrink wrapped I believe.

These ones should be shrink wrapped. It sounds like someone bought a case, took out the exclusives, then reglued them and returned them. The Walgreens employee probably didn't know/care that it should be wrapped and took the return. Lucky for you they put actually minis in it - I have seen people say they returned them with rocks, minis from another line, pint size heroes, etc.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:28 pm

cptuff1969 wrote:Did anyone notice on PPG what they say is the trending value for Oogie Boogie GITD clearly a mistake I believe https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/p/M ... inthedark/

Looks like they accidentally got a sale price for the GITD Oogie Boogie Pop instead, since he was a con exclusive.

Brizzo

Postby Brizzo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:15 pm

Just think of all the minis I could buy if I could sell my Oogie double for that much though!!! Lol

cptuff1969

Postby cptuff1969 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:08 am

bakivali wrote:
cptuff1969 wrote:Did anyone notice on PPG what they say is the trending value for Oogie Boogie GITD clearly a mistake I believe https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/p/M ... inthedark/

Looks like they accidentally got a sale price for the GITD Oogie Boogie Pop instead, since he was a con exclusive.

True that, it's teasing me lol
Image Image[/quote]

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:34 pm

Brizzo wrote:Just think of all the minis I could buy if I could sell my Oogie double for that much though!!! Lol

Seriously. You could have any mini you wanted.

Popsonpopsonpops_

Postby Popsonpopsonpops_ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Any idea if they’ll be putting these up online? I’ve visited at least 6 different Walgreens stores in the span of 2 days and haven’t found any signs of these guys.

Dbratteli

Postby Dbratteli » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Well nicely done Funko with an improved Shock.
On the negative, you make Zero (1/144) and Dr. Finklestein (1/72) in series 1 really lose something by adding a 1/12 version in this series.
:freddy3:

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:00 pm

Popsonpopsonpops_ wrote:Any idea if they’ll be putting these up online? I’ve visited at least 6 different Walgreens stores in the span of 2 days and haven’t found any signs of these guys.

I don't think they've ever put their exclusive minis (or any minis) online before.

Popsonpopsonpops_

Postby Popsonpopsonpops_ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:17 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Popsonpopsonpops_ wrote:Any idea if they’ll be putting these up online? I’ve visited at least 6 different Walgreens stores in the span of 2 days and haven’t found any signs of these guys.

I don't think they've ever put their exclusive minis (or any minis) online before.

Didn’t know that! I’m still fairly new to the PSH / mystery mini game since I mainly collect pops.
That’s a bummer though.
Walgreens has never been easy to score much from in my area.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Dbratteli wrote:Well nicely done Funko with an improved Shock.
On the negative, you make Zero (1/144) and Dr. Finklestein (1/72) in series 1 really lose something by adding a 1/12 version in this series.

Zero especially is one of the most beloved characters, so I'm all for them releasing more of him so that everyone has a chance. Not everyone has $200+ to drop on a mini.
ISO Mystery Minis!

Dieselsaauce

Postby Dieselsaauce » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:38 am

I got the whole set and I want to say 8 of them dont stand. Their heads are just so big they fall over. Going to need some putty to keep them standing! Also tried pulling from a layout I saw and got 2 of the 3 exclusives. Of course zero was the missing one.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:18 pm

kihou wrote:
Dbratteli wrote:Well nicely done Funko with an improved Shock.

Zero especially is one of the most beloved characters, so I'm all for them releasing more of him so that everyone has a chance. Not everyone has $200+ to drop on a mini.

Me too. I never got the 1/144 Mini. I was happy when they released him as a PSH, since that's pretty close to a mini in terms of his size, but now having an actual mini, and a GITD one to boot is nice.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Found a full regular case yesterday at Gamestop! Now I have everyone (plus some dupes from my half a Walgreens case). All I am missing is green Oogie and I will have a full set. I am just going to buy him secondary market though. Not worth trying to buy a whole case or risk someone messing with a layout just for him at this point.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Dieselsaauce wrote:I got the whole set and I want to say 8 of them dont stand. Their heads are just so big they fall over. Going to need some putty to keep them standing! Also tried pulling from a layout I saw and got 2 of the 3 exclusives. Of course zero was the missing one.

Their head size is the one thing I don't like. I am worried if they fall over I will many broken neck situations. My Dr. Fink fell and his head fell off already. It was easy to put back on, but still.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Looks like Gamestops and Hot Topics are getting the non-exclusive cases in. Was able to get the 3 we needed to finish out the set at a discount at GS with the Pro Days deal on Saturday :)
ISO Mystery Minis!

TheyWereHunters

Postby TheyWereHunters » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:58 am

Love these so much, just hoping to find them in the UK but I fear I might have to scour eBay for them as usual *sigh*
The flocked Jack is so adorable though, and I love the Mayor one too

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:37 am

It seems like every WG I go to that there are full cases of these still with the gems in them. I don't think this set was as popular as Funko was hoping. How did other states do?

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:46 am

PigNosePony wrote:It seems like every WG I go to that there are full cases of these still with the gems in them. I don't think this set was as popular as Funko was hoping. How did other states do?

It's the same here in KY. I see full cases at just about every single Walgreens.

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:53 am

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:It seems like every WG I go to that there are full cases of these still with the gems in them. I don't think this set was as popular as Funko was hoping. How did other states do?

It's the same here in KY. I see full cases at just about every single Walgreens.

Ill collect them when they go on Clearance.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:10 pm

I saw a case at FYE over the weekend, but still waiting for HT & GS.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:34 pm

I am noticing that these did not take off like they were supposed to. I wonder why. IT mystery minis were a hit.

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:57 pm

PigNosePony wrote:I am noticing that these did not take off like they were supposed to. I wonder why. IT mystery minis were a hit.

IMO the style they used for this series was the biggest factor. I'm not really a fan of it for the most part. I've seen numerous comments expressing the same sentiment. I was complete up until this set and once I saw the images for these I decided I would no longer be a completist since I didn't like the third series that much. I think the style of Series 2 was by far the best. It also doesn't help that this series doesn't balance well and the heads don't turn. The latter is particularly disappointing when it comes to Mayor since the original's head does turn and it came out several years ago. It feels like they took a serious step back in quality for this series. There are also a number of repeat characters, which is fine for some of them like Zero since the original is so rare. For others though it's not since the original versions were better.
Last edited by NightmareMermaid on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

Sking19

Postby Sking19 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:58 pm

PigNosePony wrote:I am noticing that these did not take off like they were supposed to. I wonder why. IT mystery minis were a hit.

For me they look too "cute", if that makes sense? I only went after Zero and the Mayor - wasn't really interested in the others.

Return to “Blind Bags”