Harry Potter S4 MM Wishlist

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Basiliskrocks

Harry Potter S4 MM Wishlist

Postby Basiliskrocks » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:51 am

Is it too early to start thinking about S4 Mystery Minis? It probably is for my wallet, but I don’t mind thinking about what I’d like to see next.
How about:
Aragog
Gilderoy Lockhart
Professor Trelawny
Nearly headless Nick
Peter Pettigrew
Griphook
Luna with spectre specs
A death eater
Arthur & Molly Weasley
Lupin as a werewolf
For the obligatory Harry, Ron & Hermione I’d have:
Yule ball Ron
Poly juice Hermione Cat
Harry in PJs with his invisibility cloak or on a broom or with a marauders map
Cho Chang
Nymphadora Tonks
Narcissa Malfoy
Kingsley Shacklebolt
Professor Flitwick
Professor Slughorn
The Dursleys
A centaur
Fluffy
An older Fred & George
Olivander maybe
Sirius in normal clothes
I also liked the Lego minifigure of Neville with the mandrake, so I’d quite like that too.

I wonder how many series they’ll do. If they’re still planning a couple more I guess you’d have to keep some characters back and throw in more Harry, Ron, Hermione versions to spread out the other characters, but still lots of options for another series at least [-o<
HP Mystery Minis collector
All series now complete!

bakivali

Re: Harry Potter S4 MM Wishlist

Postby bakivali » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Series 3 came out really quickly after series 2, so we can never be too early :) Yule Ball outfits for the rest of the characters would be good. Surprised we haven't gotten Cho Chang or Tonks yet. And Patronuses to balance out all the human characters.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:41 pm

So many good ones...for sure Cho Chang, Lupin’s animagus, Lily and James, Quirrel, Lockhart, Sybill...
It’s me Lynda

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Fluffy would be so nice next to the basilisk. I would imagine it would be heavy so easy to find if they ever do make it haha.

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:37 am

IT IS NEVER TO EARLY TO START FANTASIZING ABOUT THE NEXT SERIES!! Although my brain says...... S4 already?? But I agree. Its never to early! There are a few that Im already dreaming about!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:47 am

Basiliskrocks wrote:Is it too early to start thinking about S4 Mystery Minis? It probably is for my wallet, but I don’t mind thinking about what I’d like to see next.
How about:
Aragog
Gilderoy Lockhart
Professor Trelawny
Nearly headless Nick
Peter Pettigrew
Griphook
Luna with spectre specs
A death eater
Arthur & Molly Weasley
Lupin as a werewolf
For the obligatory Harry, Ron & Hermione I’d have:
Yule ball Ron
Poly juice Hermione Cat
Harry in PJs with his invisibility cloak or on a broom or with a marauders map
Cho Chang
Nymphadora Tonks
Narcissa Malfoy
Kingsley Shacklebolt
Professor Flitwick
Professor Slughorn
The Dursleys
A centaur
Fluffy
An older Fred & George
Olivander maybe
Sirius in normal clothes
I also liked the Lego minifigure of Neville with the mandrake, so I’d quite like that too.

I wonder how many series they’ll do. If they’re still planning a couple more I guess you’d have to keep some characters back and throw in more Harry, Ron, Hermione versions to spread out the other characters, but still lots of options for another series at least [-o<

I think S4 needs more creatures - S3 was really people heavy. So I am all for a Fluffy and Aragog, Lupin/Werewolf and Centaur. I also really want Animagi Mauraders, and a patronus for our main characters (at least to start!). And 100% agreed we need poor Yule Ball Ron! And the house ghosts!! And Molly and Arthur.

Oh heck - your list is great. I love it. Make it happen!!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:51 am

bakivali wrote:Series 3 came out really quickly after series 2, so we can never be too early :) Yule Ball outfits for the rest of the characters would be good. Surprised we haven't gotten Cho Chang or Tonks yet. And Patronuses to balance out all the human characters.

I thought the series were coming out roughtly 1 per year, starting early summer? My first S1 purchases just popped up in my FB timeline last month as happening 2 years ago - it was the start of mystery mini madness for me.

And yes, we really really need a Tonks!
Image ImageImage Image

liancuyco

Postby liancuyco » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:25 am

After moaning myrtle (she was really cute in series 3) I would love to see all the other ghosts as mystery minis! Would be great if they will be GITD. Haha wishful thinking

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:35 am

Katers wrote:
bakivali wrote:Series 3 came out really quickly after series 2, so we can never be too early :) Yule Ball outfits for the rest of the characters would be good. Surprised we haven't gotten Cho Chang or Tonks yet. And Patronuses to balance out all the human characters.

I thought the series were coming out roughtly 1 per year, starting early summer? My first S1 purchases just popped up in my FB timeline last month as happening 2 years ago - it was the start of mystery mini madness for me.

True, the first series came out around SDCC in July, then the next one started showing up later in the year (August at the HQ, but then more like September/October), and then series 3 was in June. It might have just felt like they were so close because it took so long to finish series 2 lol

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:47 pm

I really need more Lunas :) One with her awesome specs, and another with her lion hat.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:42 pm

Can't disagree with any of the above suggestions as it covers them all pretty well, I'd just comment really that it would be good to get figures and characters that are unique from the pops that have been released (although I admit that it's getting harder and harder to think up options for the Trio since they pretty much have to be in every series!)

Was racking my brain to think of more "bad guys" to have in the next series and apart from the other really good suggestions of Pettigrew, Narcissa (who would finish off the Malfoys nicely) and a Death Eater, maybe Fenrir Greyback as well? Or Prof Quirrell?

DEFINITELY want more of the Order... Kingsley, Tonks are musts... Some more teachers would be nice... Flitwick, Trelawny, even Lockhart, but I still am amazed they haven't done James & Lily yet...

A patronus Prongs in that "invisible" material like Invisible Frodo would be great, and if they can do a decent sized Basilisk, they should be able to do that... Not sure if they'd be able to get a decent Centaur until they give them Shetland pony sized legs? Maybe as a lootcrate(?) exclusive or something?

OR they could do a limited oversized series with only 8 per case, sort of like they did with In Memoriam series? So you could have a couple of Centaurs, Aragog, a giant, Grawp, maybe a Hagrid redo?, open winged Buckbeak, giant squid, blast-ended screwt, troll, sphinx...

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:06 pm

I am sorry but after hunting S3 if S4 comes out this year I quit lol
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:05 am

liancuyco wrote:After moaning myrtle (she was really cute in series 3) I would love to see all the other ghosts as mystery minis! Would be great if they will be GITD. Haha wishful thinking

Oh, please let us have GITD ghosts! And GITD patronus! NEED!!!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:08 am

bakivali wrote:
Katers wrote:

True, the first series came out around SDCC in July, then the next one started showing up later in the year (August at the HQ, but then more like September/October), and then series 3 was in June. It might have just felt like they were so close because it took so long to finish series 2 lol

Yeah, working on S2 really dragged out. I think it was a couple of months before I was able to relax thanks to some lucky pulls! This series seemed a lot easier than what I went through last year with S2.

And lol , don't even get me started on waiting for the S1 restock from B&N. I think I finished that one up sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:09 am

kihou wrote:I really need more Lunas :) One with her awesome specs, and another with her lion hat.

While I would LOVE a Luna with her lion hat, I shudder to think how top heavy she'll be (and thus hard to keep her standing!). I'm having that problem with Disco Deadpool (or, as I like to call him, Disco Bob Ross Deadpool), and it's super frustrating. But maybe Luna would be better since she'd be solid, rather than bobble-headed?
Image ImageImage Image

The-Vicious-Fish

Postby The-Vicious-Fish » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:27 pm

I would like to wish for funko to give me a year rest from Harry Potter minis. ^_^
I’m Thomas! Love Harry Potter, Doctor Who and cats :)

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:09 am

The-Vicious-Fish wrote:I would like to wish for funko to give me a year rest from Harry Potter minis. ^_^

Heresy!

(But my bank account wishes the same thing!)
Image ImageImage Image

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:37 pm

It was roughly about 9 months to a year between each series. Series 1 was summer 2016 as I was at a wedding that was on July 31st and was busy looking for the B&N exclusives while I was in Boston. Series 2 was September as they came out around the time Hurricane Irma had hit so it delayed the stores getting them. And now series 3 was late June.

I think my preference would be that each series was themed to one of the books/movies. I liked the Goblet of Fire & Chamber of Secrets themes we had going in this series. Getting a variety of characters and new versions of repeats. Likewise series 2 was not as exciting since it was not as cohesive and was more random.

My wish list includes Order of the Phoenix - Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Arthur & Molly Weasley. Hogwarts Professors - Sprout, Flitwick, Slughorn, Quirrell, Madam Pomfrey, Madam Hooch, Trelawny, Lockhart. Hogwarts Students - Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnegan, Cho Chang, Lavender Brown, Colin Creevey, Parma & Parvati Patel, Percy Weasley. There are just so many versions that these can go on for a long time.

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:16 am

Great suggestions all, I forgot about Quirrell, yes he’d be great. Also agree a patronus would be awesome. When you think about it there’s got to be enough characters for at least 2 more series \:D/
Have to admit, am slightly addicted to HP, but luckily I live quite near the HP studios in the UK so that helps
All series now complete!

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Basiliskrocks wrote:but luckily I live quite near the HP studios in the UK so that helps

Lucky! I'm just starting off planning a family trip to Europe next year and that's the top of my list for London!

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:19 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
Basiliskrocks wrote:but luckily I live quite near the HP studios in the UK so that helps

Lucky! I'm just starting off planning a family trip to Europe next year and that's the top of my list for London!

Its a brilliant place, you’ll love it. It books up so far in advance so its definitely one to book in early once your trip is organised. I’d also recommend going for one of the earliest slots possible, as although they do entry slots every 30 mins, once you’re in you’re in and you dont have to leave at a particular time so it gets busier as the day goes on once more people arrive, or go for early evening so that people start leaving.
Its really brilliant to see how they film some of it though and see the actual items and parts of the sets up close.I couldn’t believe that the dementors were actually attached to backpacks when i first went! They change the focus of the displays every few months too. We’re off there again in a couple of weeks as they’re focusing on the goblet of fire at the moment and will show you how they make the parchment come out of the triward cup etc which my daughter was keen to see
All series now complete!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:17 am

As much as I love HP I think I am Burnt out from hunting these after three series and throw in the time and money spent on LOTR I am tired.

I have to be honest considering selling off all of HP as they are going to keep releasing with crazy exclusives and ratios, honestly never really liked the style and out of room.

Love the GOT and LOTR style so much more.

Still on the fence only thing that has me leaning towards sell is with exclusives I could get a decent amount back and buy some pop grails with that funding. What has me leaning towards not sale is 'Shutup you love HP"
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Basiliskrocks wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

Its a brilliant place, you’ll love it. It books up so far in advance so its definitely one to book in early once your trip is organised. I’d also recommend going for one of the earliest slots possible, as although they do entry slots every 30 mins, once you’re in you’re in and you dont have to leave at a particular time so it gets busier as the day goes on once more people arrive, or go for early evening so that people start leaving.
Its really brilliant to see how they film some of it though and see the actual items and parts of the sets up close.I couldn’t believe that the dementors were actually attached to backpacks when i first went! They change the focus of the displays every few months too. We’re off there again in a couple of weeks as they’re focusing on the goblet of fire at the moment and will show you how they make the parchment come out of the triward cup etc which my daughter was keen to see

That's awesome, cheers... Yeah, I think we'll be aiming for the early start sessions... Just got to wait a couple of months to find out when we can go and then I will be booking in... Will still be nearly 6 months before we leave though, so should be fine to get what we want when we want it...

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:24 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
That's awesome, cheers... Yeah, I think we'll be aiming for the early start sessions... Just got to wait a couple of months to find out when we can go and then I will be booking in... Will still be nearly 6 months before we leave though, so should be fine to get what we want when we want it...

No problem, also good to go for during the week if you can. For me i didnt book early enough to get the UK school summer holiday time so i looked at all 9 or 9.30 weekend slots between now & christmas & there were only 4 slots to choose from over 4 months. So yep its definitely good to book early (6 months should be cool though). It’s a lot of fun there!
All series now complete!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:44 am

Basiliskrocks wrote:Great suggestions all, I forgot about Quirrell, yes he’d be great. Also agree a patronus would be awesome. When you think about it there’s got to be enough characters for at least 2 more series \:D/
Have to admit, am slightly addicted to HP, but luckily I live quite near the HP studios in the UK so that helps

I both squee and shudder at the thought of how many more series they can and will give us. If they continue like they did with S3, I'd be happy, but I really hope we don't have a return to the S2 ratios.

I had a non-collector friend over today, who I regularly drag along on hunts (her kid is hunting magic!). The kid was looking at the display of MM, and she turns to me and says "Lordy, there are so many of them!!". I was both thrilled and horrified...!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:53 am

I'm kinda surprised there haven't been Fantastic Beasts minis as well, with all the creature possibilities! Those always seem like the most popular minis in the set.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:30 pm

kihou wrote:I'm kinda surprised there haven't been Fantastic Beasts minis as well, with all the creature possibilities! Those always seem like the most popular minis in the set.

Might not be as cost effective... Would be so many unique moulds and not be able to rehash parts or even designs (ie. a lot more hard work and cost = no minis for us :( )

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Doesnt make sense to add this now but i would love a Quidditch Draco <3

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:27 am

Katers wrote:
Basiliskrocks wrote:Great suggestions all, I forgot about Quirrell, yes he’d be great. Also agree a patronus would be awesome. When you think about it there’s got to be enough characters for at least 2 more series \:D/

I both squee and shudder at the thought of how many more series they can and will give us. If they continue like they did with S3, I'd be happy, but I really hope we don't have a return to the S2 ratios.

I had a non-collector friend over today, who I regularly drag along on hunts (her kid is hunting magic!). The kid was looking at the display of MM, and she turns to me and says "Lordy, there are so many of them!!". I was both thrilled and horrified...!

Yep series 3 was definitely easier to complete but I’d still love it if there could be slightly less doubles in a case next time, 8 x 1/6 was a lot. I’m not good at working out the ratios but maybe 2 less 1/6 and 2 more of something else would be cool
All series now complete!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:31 am

kihou wrote:I'm kinda surprised there haven't been Fantastic Beasts minis as well, with all the creature possibilities! Those always seem like the most popular minis in the set.

Shhhh!! Don't say that too loudly, they'll hear you, make it, and the chase will begin anew!!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:32 am

Basiliskrocks wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yep series 3 was definitely easier to complete but I’d still love it if there could be slightly less doubles in a case next time, 8 x 1/6 was a lot. I’m not good at working out the ratios but maybe 2 less 1/6 and 2 more of something else would be cool

Heck yes! Let's add even 2 1/12s to these sets, and make it less painful to us!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:07 am

Katers wrote:

Shhhh!! Don't say that too loudly, they'll hear you, make it, and the chase will begin anew!!

But I want a flocked Niffler mini! ;)
ISO Mystery Minis!

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:16 pm

I saw a link on a facebook group that showed what looks like 2 new minis though the picture wasn’t in the best focus. It shows Prof Trelawny and Boggart Snape.

If you google ‘GameStop exclusive Harry Potter box with chase’ you should see the picture too. Sorry I can’t work out how to post a pic from my phone.

I’m in the U.K. so not familiar with GameStop at all. For anyone who might have more info, do you think this is showing a preview of S4 minis or is it saying these 2 only are exclusive to GameStop only? (hope not for my sake as I don’t think the GameStop website works for me either, am guessing it sells computer games & so U.K. users are blocked as the games wouldn’t work) any info would be great, thanks!
Last edited by Basiliskrocks on Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All series now complete!

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Basiliskrocks wrote:I saw a link on a facebook group that showed what looks like 2 new minis though the picture wasn’t in the best focus. It shows Prof Trelawny and Boggart Snape.

If you google ‘GameStop exclusive Harry Potter box with chase’ you should see the picture too. Sorry I can’t work out how to post a pic from my phone.

I’m in the U.K. so not familiar with GameStop at all. For anyone who might have more info, do you think this is showing a preview of S4 minis or is it saying these 2 only are exclusive to GameStop? (hope not for my sake!) any info would be great, thanks!

The picture you are referencing is an exclusive mystery box at the retailer GameStop. The boxes are believed to contain one of the Pops (one is a chase), two mystery minis, a Five Star and a Pop pen.

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:54 pm

Avengers74 wrote:
Basiliskrocks wrote:I saw a link on a facebook group that showed what looks like 2 new minis though the picture wasn’t in the best focus. It shows Prof Trelawny and Boggart Snape.

I’m in the U.K. so not familiar with GameStop at all. For anyone who might have more info, do you think this is showing a preview of S4 minis or is it saying these 2 only are exclusive to GameStop? (hope not for my sake!) any info would be great, thanks!

The picture you are referencing is an exclusive mystery box at the retailer GameStop. The boxes are believed to contain one of the Pops (one is a chase), two mystery minis, a Five Star and a Pop pen.

Thanks and oh no that’s awful for me! Do you think that means those 2 minis will literally only ever be available in that box set then? :(
All series now complete!

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:52 am

Basiliskrocks wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:

Thanks and oh no that’s awful for me! Do you think that means those 2 minis will literally only ever be available in that box set then? :(

Seems like it. Gamestop has had these before with Kingdom Hearts minis, and with Pint Size Heroes that were exclusive only to their boxes (Five Nights at Freddy's and Street Fighter). Hopefully someone on here could help you out with buying an extra box!
ISO Mystery Minis!

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:16 pm

kihou wrote:
Basiliskrocks wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:

Seems like it. Gamestop has had these before with Kingdom Hearts minis, and with Pint Size Heroes that were exclusive only to their boxes (Five Nights at Freddy's and Street Fighter). Hopefully someone on here could help you out with buying an extra box!

Funko sure doesn’t like to make it easy to collect all of them. I’ll check with one of the sites I buy from in Australia when more info appears about this box, but if it looks like I definitely can’t get it in the UK I would be super grateful if someone could get an extra box for me. I would of course cover all costs for the box and postage and effort and could even send you something from the UK too if anyone would be able to help?!
All series now complete!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:15 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

But I want a flocked Niffler mini! ;)

](*,)
Yeah, I kinda do, too!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:19 am

Avengers74 wrote:

And yet, it gets worse! The minis are a 1/2 - meaning, we only get one of the minis per mystery box. So if you want both, you absolutely will have to get 2 boxes at some point! Argh!!

Just to make it really annoying, initially I was thinking "well, at least maybe I'll end up with the regular Sirius and chase Sirius to go with my minis", but then I realized that's not necessarily true. You could get Chase Sirius/mini Trelawney, or Chase Sirius/Boggart Snape. Then there's the option of Regular Sirius/mini Trelawney, or Regular SIrius/Boggart Snape. So probably 4 options for these boxes. Ugh!

Of course I'm buying 2 boxes.
Image ImageImage Image

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:46 am

Katers wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:

And yet, it gets worse! The minis are a 1/2 - meaning, we only get one of the minis per mystery box. So if you want both, you absolutely will have to get 2 boxes at some point! Argh!!

Just to make it really annoying, initially I was thinking "well, at least maybe I'll end up with the regular Sirius and chase Sirius to go with my minis", but then I realized that's not necessarily true. You could get Chase Sirius/mini Trelawney, or Chase Sirius/Boggart Snape. Then there's the option of Regular Sirius/mini Trelawney, or Regular SIrius/Boggart Snape. So probably 4 options for these boxes. Ugh!

Of course I'm buying 2 boxes.

Have just posted on the S3 post too, but again if anyone could help me by ordering 2 boxes for me (I will cover all costs, post to UK and effort up front) and can send you something from UK or the HP studios here as a thank you too) I would be so grateful for any help. Its so hard trying to get all the exclusives from the UK, i havent seen any on ebay, i would be hugely grateful if someone here could help me out [-o<

Update: there is a slim chance i might be able to get in the UK, trying to find out today & will update, but if anyone was willing to help incase i can’t get it please message me
All series now complete!

Return to “Blind Bags”