IT Minis are starting to hit stores

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
MattyPHATty

Re: IT Minis are starting to hit stores

Postby MattyPHATty » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:41 am

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
It's about that way here, too. There are a ton of Walgreens in my area. There are 12 within an 11 mile radius of where I live. Even more that are close to where I work. But the problem is half of them don't seem to get in anything. Or other people beat me to the exclusives and get the workers to bring them out from the back before they ever even hit shelves.

I wish Walgreens would sell full cases of minis online. It'd make things so much easier.

You aren’t talking about Washington state are you? lol lol Sounds exactly 100% like my area. One issue is there is no way of knowing which stores will get what and which ones get nothing. And other than asking a manager to check stock elsewhere, there is no real way of knowing which stores have anything so it takes a lot of time and energy to hunt them. If every store was a little more consistent it wouldn’t be such an issue

Haha, nah. I'm in Kentucky. We've got Walgreens after Walgreens here and so many are within a mile or two of each other, but it varies wildly what each one will have. I've sort of learned over the years which ones are worth going to and which ones can just be ignored. The problem is, everyone else knows where the good ones are too.

Yup definitely the same here. Most people know exactly which are the best ones to hit and by the time I get to them, the majority of the time they’ve been picked clean of what I’m looking for. My area really is full of savages lol
If every store just got one case each, it wouldn’t be an issue but that’s not how it will go with these I’m sure

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:46 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:You aren’t talking about Washington state are you? lol lol Sounds exactly 100% like my area. One issue is there is no way of knowing which stores will get what and which ones get nothing. And other than asking a manager to check stock elsewhere, there is no real way of knowing which stores have anything so it takes a lot of time and energy to hunt them. If every store was a little more consistent it wouldn’t be such an issue

Haha, nah. I'm in Kentucky. We've got Walgreens after Walgreens here and so many are within a mile or two of each other, but it varies wildly what each one will have. I've sort of learned over the years which ones are worth going to and which ones can just be ignored. The problem is, everyone else knows where the good ones are too.

Yup definitely the same here. Most people know exactly which are the best ones to hit and by the time I get to them, the majority of the time they’ve been picked clean of what I’m looking for. My area really is full of savages lol
If every store just got one case each, it wouldn’t be an issue but that’s not how it will go with these I’m sure

I know how that goes, there is a lot of competition in my city as well. I'm not holding my breath that I'll be successful in finding the NBC ones, and with IT ones having rares and an uncommon for their exclusive, I am feeling pretty defeated with this set and it's not even out widely.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:13 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote: I have a local trip I can make where I can get 12 Walgreens done in about 2 hours but it’s still always a crapshoot with them whether they get anything or not. That and the popularity of these is going to make finding fresh cases really tough either way :sad10:

oh wow thats amazing! my area only has about 3 walgreens. only 1 consistently has new items but for the nbc minis the worker brought out a case with 2 missing. I am not sure if someone else got there before me or if the workers bought them but i hope these will be easier...

More than likely they had someone else come in and ask about them also but you are right, I hope these will be easier to find. I also have been hunting the NBC minis and have only found one case in 7 different Walgreens so far in my area. It gets really old fast driving to the same ones over and over hoping for some new stock ](*,)

Yea driving around getting the same answer of no we don’t have them sucks. Nice! Did you complete your nbc set?

Someone posted a haul from Walgreens and they said the 1/36 and 1/72 pennywise exclusives were found in the same case! So at least if you get lucky you’ll get both exclusives at once...

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:50 pm

RBlue30 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:
oh wow thats amazing! my area only has about 3 walgreens. only 1 consistently has new items but for the nbc minis the worker brought out a case with 2 missing. I am not sure if someone else got there before me or if the workers bought them but i hope these will be easier...

More than likely they had someone else come in and ask about them also but you are right, I hope these will be easier to find. I also have been hunting the NBC minis and have only found one case in 7 different Walgreens so far in my area. It gets really old fast driving to the same ones over and over hoping for some new stock ](*,)

Yea driving around getting the same answer of no we don’t have them sucks. Nice! Did you complete your nbc set?

Someone posted a haul from Walgreens and they said the 1/36 and 1/72 pennywise exclusives were found in the same case! So at least if you get lucky you’ll get both exclusives at once...

That is good news, but let first find a store who carry it.
Last edited by Lakers on Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:35 pm

RBlue30 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:

I saw that. Man, I hope I can luck into getting that case.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:32 pm

Does anyone know if Gamestop has an actual release date for the It mystery minis. Been going there daily and they don't seem to know anything about it. Is it up to the manager to order them as well or do stores automatically get them?

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:43 pm

RBlue30 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:

I haven’t completed NbC yet but I plan on doing a big hunting loop this weekend. Hopefully I can not only find some IT minis, but eventually come across that magic case with both exclusives in it. Definitely gonna have to get to them before the people in my area snatch em up

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:59 pm

nightbodega wrote:Does anyone know if Gamestop has an actual release date for the It mystery minis. Been going there daily and they don't seem to know anything about it. Is it up to the manager to order them as well or do stores automatically get them?

Have them search all gamestop's in area for stock. They can give you a print out. They have already hit stores to my knowledge.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:59 pm

nightbodega wrote:Does anyone know if Gamestop has an actual release date for the It mystery minis. Been going there daily and they don't seem to know anything about it. Is it up to the manager to order them as well or do stores automatically get them?

They've been trickling into the GameStops here (in kentucky) since last week.

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:29 pm

This set is going to be near impossible as my nephew (who hunts for me) never finds anything in Walgreens. As always ebay prices are ridiculously insane. I'm still missing all of the 1/72 and all of the Walgreens exclusives. *sigh*
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:47 pm

Haven’t seen a single box yet, but looking forward to trying my luck on a fresh case or two when they show up out here!! :devil:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

mactds

Postby mactds » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:55 pm

I'm thankful dancing Pennywise is one of the heaviest and 1:6.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:31 am

Finally find some in local HT store. But they mix already remain of one case plus a new case.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:44 am

FredKruger wrote:

Have them search all gamestop's in area for stock. They can give you a print out. They have already hit stores to my knowledge.

Thanks, actually found them yesterday at GameStop.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:45 am

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

They've been trickling into the GameStops here (in kentucky) since last week.

GameStop got them yesterday, so I was able to grab a few.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:46 am

mactds wrote:I'm thankful dancing Pennywise is one of the heaviest and 1:6.

I agree, that is an easy one to find.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:55 am

nightbodega wrote:
mactds wrote:I'm thankful dancing Pennywise is one of the heaviest and 1:6.

I agree, that is an easy one to find.

That's something to help me to get my Pennywise collection going.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:25 am

Those Walgreens rarities are kind of crazy, I don’t need those but dang this set will be a tough one.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:05 pm

HellKat613 wrote:This set is going to be near impossible as my nephew (who hunts for me) never finds anything in Walgreens. As always ebay prices are ridiculously insane. I'm still missing all of the 1/72 and all of the Walgreens exclusives. *sigh*

Wait till you see what the Walgreens 1/72 Pennywise is going for on EBay ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Sking19

Postby Sking19 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:19 pm

HellKat613 wrote:This set is going to be near impossible as my nephew (who hunts for me) never finds anything in Walgreens. As always ebay prices are ridiculously insane. I'm still missing all of the 1/72 and all of the Walgreens exclusives. *sigh*

This is my frustration as well. Still need both Walgreens Pennywise (I'm not collecting the kids) as well as Crab Pennywise and Judith. The latter two at least are slowly trending downward on the Bay.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:05 pm

I bought the Leper one while waiting for a case to show up. I hope I don't pull him from the eventual case. I thought the IT forms were pretty well designed in the movie, so hope to collect them (most of them)! Also it's nice the Losers Club members are fairly easy to get too.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Sking19 wrote:

This is my frustration as well. Still need both Walgreens Pennywise (I'm not collecting the kids) as well as Crab Pennywise and Judith. The latter two at least are slowly trending downward on the Bay.

Yeah those two should be easy to find eventually if you come across enough cases. The Walgreens ones are the ones to get your hands on now. Knowing Walgreens, only certain random stores will get them and almost definitely will not restock these.

Sking19

Postby Sking19 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:55 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Sking19 wrote:

Yeah those two should be easy to find eventually if you come across enough cases. The Walgreens ones are the ones to get your hands on now. Knowing Walgreens, only certain random stores will get them and almost definitely will not restock these.

Yeah, I'm worried about where they'll end up in terms of cost on Ebay. They're slowly dropping but nowhere near where they need to be for me.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:16 pm

Sking19 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Sking19 wrote:

Yeah, I'm worried about where they'll end up in terms of cost on Ebay. They're slowly dropping but nowhere near where they need to be for me.

Patience is your best friend in this game. Prices will continue to drop as more stores get stock. If you don’t end up finding one in the wild, the best time would probably be when supply starts to dry up everywhere. Hard to say when that will be, but that’s when prices should be at the lowest before they start climbing again.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:31 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Sking19 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Yeah those two should be easy to find eventually if you come across enough cases. The Walgreens ones are the ones to get your hands on now. Knowing Walgreens, only certain random stores will get them and almost definitely will not restock these.

Patience is your best friend in this game. Prices will continue to drop as more stores get stock. If you don’t end up finding one in the wild, the best time would probably be when supply starts to dry up everywhere. Hard to say when that will be, but that’s when prices should be at the lowest before they start climbing again.

Yes, need to be patience. Like the Rick & Morty Target exclusives that was high in the begining, then now is more then a half less that was selling before.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:40 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
Sking19 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Yeah those two should be easy to find eventually if you come across enough cases. The Walgreens ones are the ones to get your hands on now. Knowing Walgreens, only certain random stores will get them and almost definitely will not restock these.

This is great advice! Also if you are even more patient, a few months from now the prices will drop even more. I remember seeing the Horror S3 1/36 Walgreen figures down to as low as $20 to $30 much later after their release. But yeah no worries, looks like only FL has the Walgreens set so far. It will be easier soon.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:46 am

Lakers wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Sking19 wrote:

Yes, need to be patience. Like the Rick & Morty Target exclusives that was high in the begining, then now is more then a half less that was selling before.

Yeah the Rick and Morty series 2 from Target are a great example. Patience definitely was key with those if you didn’t feel like shelling out $90+ for the three back when they started showing up

ShyGuyPal wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Sking19 wrote:

This is great advice! Also if you are even more patient, a few months from now the prices will drop even more. I remember seeing the Horror S3 1/36 Walgreen figures down to as low as $20 to $30 much later after their release. But yeah no worries, looks like only FL has the Walgreens set so far. It will be easier soon.

Absolutely, I remembered when those dropped last year and people were paying $100+ for the frozen Jack. He is no where near worth that much even today. That being said, these minis will be very popular and are gonna get scooped up fast so getting to them in a quick manner will be key or else we all will be paying eBay prices for these if we really want them that bad. As far as I know they haven’t even hit the west coast yet so I think prices will be slowly coming down soon

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Anyone go or going hunting this weekend? Anyone find anything good? Everywhere I go everything is picked over and no Walgreens yet

Sking19

Postby Sking19 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:39 pm

RBlue30 wrote:Anyone go or going hunting this weekend? Anyone find anything good? Everywhere I go everything is picked over and no Walgreens yet

Looked at 5 different Walgreens. No luck.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:57 pm

I bought two cases from HT. Got the Dancing Pennywise, the Pennywise w/ballon, Pennywise with severed hand, the ghost painting and the slouching ghoul. Pretty much the only ones I wanted from that case. Went to Gamestop and got three loose ones. Was able to get another dancing and balloon Pennywise. Also got another slouching ghoul. So on the hunt for the GS Pennywise and the Walgreens Pennywise exclusive.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:24 pm

Sking19 wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:Anyone go or going hunting this weekend? Anyone find anything good? Everywhere I go everything is picked over and no Walgreens yet

Checked a bunch myself, no luck either here. I haven’t seen any reports of these even hitting the west coast yet for the Walgreens ones. Hoping this week

nightbodega wrote:I bought two cases from HT. Got the Dancing Pennywise, the Pennywise w/ballon, Pennywise with severed hand, the ghost painting and the slouching ghoul. Pretty much the only ones I wanted from that case. Went to Gamestop and got three loose ones. Was able to get another dancing and balloon Pennywise. Also got another slouching ghoul. So on the hunt for the GS Pennywise and the Walgreens Pennywise exclusive.

GameStop doesn’t actually have exclusives for these so the 1/72 Pennywise you are searching for still is actually from a common case. Just letting you know so you aren’t restricted to finding claw Pennywise at Gs only. Hope that helps :)

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:14 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Sking19 wrote:

Checked a bunch myself, no luck either here. I haven’t seen any reports of these even hitting the west coast yet for the Walgreens ones. Hoping this week

nightbodega wrote:I bought two cases from HT. Got the Dancing Pennywise, the Pennywise w/ballon, Pennywise with severed hand, the ghost painting and the slouching ghoul. Pretty much the only ones I wanted from that case. Went to Gamestop and got three loose ones. Was able to get another dancing and balloon Pennywise. Also got another slouching ghoul. So on the hunt for the GS Pennywise and the Walgreens Pennywise exclusive.

GameStop doesn’t actually have exclusives for these so the 1/72 Pennywise you are searching for still is actually from a common case. Just letting you know so you aren’t restricted to finding claw Pennywise at Gs only. Hope that helps :)

So for my understanding is two 1/72 Pennywise? One from Walgreens and one in the common case, right?

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:01 pm

Lakers wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Sking19 wrote:

So for my understanding is two 1/72 Pennywise? One from Walgreens and one in the common case, right?

Correct. 1/72 common claws Pennywise and 1/72 Crazed (?) Walgreens Pennywise

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:15 pm

Yeah, and it was a big old waste of time. I went to a few different GameStops, and every single one had exactly 3 minis missing, from the hot spots in the cases. Nothing at Walgreens. HT was the same. The ones that had cases, the cases were missing the 3 exclusive/rare spots.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:37 pm

Found my first fresh case of Walgreens minis in Kent, WA. I’ll report my findings soon

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:26 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:Found my first fresh case of Walgreens minis in Kent, WA. I’ll report my findings soon

Nice! Fingers crossed you got the good case with both Pennies.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:22 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Found my first fresh case of Walgreens minis in Kent, WA. I’ll report my findings soon

Sad to say I did not find the magic case BUT very happy to report I did buy 3 and got common 1/24 Ben, 1/24 exclusive Mike w/ crowbar and 1/36 exclusive Penny w/ bar through head. Happy just to find a case already let alone a fresh one, and very happy with my first pulls in these. I can also definitely confirm the sweet spots are the same as the other cases

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:42 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

Sad to say I did not find the magic case BUT very happy to report I did buy 3 and got common 1/24 Ben, 1/24 exclusive Mike w/ crowbar and 1/36 exclusive Penny w/ bar through head. Happy just to find a case already let alone a fresh one, and very happy with my first pulls in these. I can also definitely confirm the sweet spots are the same as the other cases

Where are the sweet spots if you don’t mind me asking?

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:36 am

RobinBear177 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

Both right side middles (bottom being the true gem) and top back left

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:45 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Sad to say I did not find the magic case BUT very happy to report I did buy 3 and got common 1/24 Ben, 1/24 exclusive Mike w/ crowbar and 1/36 exclusive Penny w/ bar through head. Happy just to find a case already let alone a fresh one, and very happy with my first pulls in these. I can also definitely confirm the sweet spots are the same as the other cases

Both right side middles (bottom being the true gem) and top back left

Thanks will keep this in mind

Return to “Blind Bags”