Ad Icons Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Esko5150

Re: Ad Icons Mystery Minis

Postby Esko5150 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:
Coqui79 wrote:
I think this might be a release for Series 2. If it is a store exclusive I hope its not target lol

You already know Target is going to get some exclusives and of course Walmart probably too.

The worst stores to find any exclusives now a days.

Those really are the worst two these days for exclusive minis. I hardly even check WM any more for minis, it’s usually a waste of time

Yeah Target will get minis like very randomly and never ever restock and Walmart is a barren wasteland of minis from 3 years ago and if they do get a new box randomly people just straight up stick their fingers inside the box and steal the figure. Can't even count how many of opened boxes are laying around my Walmart.
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Weho7SD

Postby Weho7SD » Thu May 16, 2019 7:47 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:
Chernabog wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
[-X Wrong answer! You must! lol

I feel like Luci from Disenchantment! Do it, do it, do it!

I'm never one to shy away from enabling lol

But Noooooo....POPs, Tiny Ghost and now minis. I MIST refrain. Okay, maybe only a few. Lol

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu May 16, 2019 8:04 pm

Esko5150 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:
You already know Target is going to get some exclusives and of course Walmart probably too.

Those really are the worst two these days for exclusive minis. I hardly even check WM any more for minis, it’s usually a waste of time

Yeah Target will get minis like very randomly and never ever restock and Walmart is a barren wasteland of minis from 3 years ago and if they do get a new box randomly people just straight up stick their fingers inside the box and steal the figure. Can't even count how many of opened boxes are laying around my Walmart.

You have literally just described my entire area except we have the occasional box slasher too :mad:

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Thu May 16, 2019 10:45 pm

I am a mini newb. But this line is going to get me. Where is the best source to buy cases ?
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Thu May 16, 2019 10:57 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:I am a mini newb. But this line is going to get me. Where is the best source to buy cases ?

I'm interested as well with this question

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 am

ocwankenobi wrote:I am a mini newb. But this line is going to get me. Where is the best source to buy cases ?

I usually buy from entertainment earth but they haven’t listed the specialty series cases yet. They do have the common set though.
It’s me Lynda

Coqui79

Postby Coqui79 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:59 am

Gamestop is also a good source to get them. It really depends on what lines you collect. Happy hunting!!
IG Coqui.79

A Journey of a Father and Sons

:freddy2:

Coqui79

Postby Coqui79 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:01 am

Esko5150 wrote:
Coqui79 wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:Any word on if Tony & Toucan might be store exclusives? Weird that 2 of the most popular pops werent made into minis aswell?

I think this might be a release for Series 2. If it is a store exclusive I hope its not target lol

I just wish that both stores will stock them more or even carry on line.

When the Looney Tunes line came out I never saw the Targets around my area stock any.
IG Coqui.79

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri May 17, 2019 2:10 am

Coqui79 wrote:

Gamestop is also a good source to get them. It really depends on what lines you collect. Happy hunting!!

Thanks ! I am hoping to find a source where I can find a sealed case. Can't compete with you pros with scales...........

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:56 am

Coqui79 wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:
Coqui79 wrote:

I just wish that both stores will stock them more or even carry on line.

When the Looney Tunes line came out I never saw the Targets around my area stock any.

Yea I hate target exclusives. And they sometimes use the same dcpi as other minis so it’s just a waste of time checking. I find the most opened boxes in targets too...

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:06 am

Preordered a Specialty Series case from BigBadToyStore, I hate that these have 1/6 in the case, but I just hope it is 2 and not 4.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri May 17, 2019 11:30 am

Im waiting for the ratios on these bad boys to be revealed.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Coqui79

Postby Coqui79 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:07 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
Coqui79 wrote:

Thanks ! I am hoping to find a source where I can find a sealed case. Can't compete with you pros with scales...........

Your best bet will be Ent Earth or even FYE
IG Coqui.79

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri May 17, 2019 12:24 pm

Coqui79 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
Coqui79 wrote:

Your best bet will be Ent Earth or even FYE

thank you sir.

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Fri May 17, 2019 3:47 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Those really are the worst two these days for exclusive minis. I hardly even check WM any more for minis, it’s usually a waste of time

You have literally just described my entire area except we have the occasional box slasher too :mad:

LoL I think this is happening everywhere. In my hood too

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 pm

BenLo wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:

LoL I think this is happening everywhere. In my hood too

Yeah it’s definitely gotten worse. Used to be I’d come across it very randomly, now I see it all the time. Box slashing and also the people who have no shame and will just rip the box open.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri May 17, 2019 3:57 pm

Here is the problem with pre-orders, they don't come fast enough!!!!! Being patient is hard.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm

NCDS wrote:Here is the problem with pre-orders, they don't come fast enough!!!!! Being patient is hard.

Sometimes the pre-orders take so long that I forget I bought them and when they actually come it is like a little surprise gift for myself. Except ferraramarket, I was not happy with the year and a half it took to get my Lord of the Rings pop order. ](*,)

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri May 17, 2019 5:11 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
NCDS wrote:Here is the problem with pre-orders, they don't come fast enough!!!!! Being patient is hard.

Sometimes the pre-orders take so long that I forget I bought them and when they actually come it is like a little surprise gift for myself. Except ferraramarket, I was not happy with the year and a half it took to get my Lord of the Rings pop order. ](*,)

I did one order with them and never again! Mine was over a year also. Mine was worse though, it was shape of water and they changed the design. I would have never bought them.

These I feel I'll love no mater what.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:21 pm

NCDS wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:

I did one order with them and never again! Mine was over a year also. Mine was worse though, it was shape of water and they changed the design. I would have never bought them.

I didn't even get the 6" Balrog pop that was supposed to come with the bundle but at that point I figured there was no point in arguing it. They are fine with in stock items and package things really well, but they are so awful with pre-orders.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri May 17, 2019 5:27 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:

I didn't even get the 6" Balrog pop that was supposed to come with the bundle but at that point I figured there was no point in arguing it. They are fine with in stock items and package things really well, but they are so awful with pre-orders.

You want delayed preorders ?

Try Anovos or Gentle Giant collecting....
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:32 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I did Gentle Giant, but they stopped making the Marvel busts that I liked and switched to those cutesy Skottie Young things. Also used to do Hot Toys so I'm used to waiting for stuff.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri May 17, 2019 5:34 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:

I did Gentle Giant, but they stopped making the Marvel busts that I liked and switched to those cutesy Skottie Young things. Also used to do Hot Toys so I'm used to waiting for stuff.

I waited for my Ash puppet. Every day without my puppet was torture!
ISO Pockets Snapsie

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:39 pm

NCDS wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

Honestly at this point I think my natural state is waiting for this to arrive. Just yesterday I got a statue from Sideshow Collectibles that I ordered last July.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri May 17, 2019 5:42 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:

Honestly at this point I think my natural state is waiting for this to arrive. Just yesterday I got a statue from Sideshow Collectibles that I ordered last July.

Are you saying my mini's aren't coming in September?
ISO Pockets Snapsie

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:48 pm

NCDS wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I remain non committal on the subject. Sometimes pre-orders come on time and sometimes they are late and then sometimes you have to tell Sideshow Collectibles that no I don't want to pay the rest of my payment plan in full because it came into the warehouse three months early. Really those people have no respect for proper budgeting.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri May 17, 2019 7:31 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:

I remain non committal on the subject. Sometimes pre-orders come on time and sometimes they are late and then sometimes you have to tell Sideshow Collectibles that no I don't want to pay the rest of my payment plan in full because it came into the warehouse three months early. Really those people have no respect for proper budgeting.

I better get hypnotized so I forget they are coming, then I will be surprised when Lucky shows up at my door!
ISO Pockets Snapsie

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Fri May 17, 2019 9:49 pm

POPianato wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:
Lonikins wrote:Image

Evryone is gonna want these. I hope they are all 1/12s

Per Funko's blog, there are 1:6 - 1:72

Good to know

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Sat May 18, 2019 2:03 am

So true...hard not to head to the mall and hunt when everyone starts posting them lol
It’s me Lynda

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Sat May 18, 2019 9:40 am

The hunt is on...my area get maybe 1 case per store..so hard to find
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

funkobry

Postby funkobry » Sat May 18, 2019 10:56 am

I stopped collecting Ad Iconn Pops but will probably start collecting the minis :P

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat May 18, 2019 10:56 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:The hunt is on...my area get maybe 1 case per store..so hard to find

That's a bummer because that basically means only one person gets to buy.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Hawkeye_13

Postby Hawkeye_13 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Not only do you have to contend with fellow collectors but also flippers and the occasional curious kid!

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Sun May 19, 2019 1:01 am

NCDS wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:The hunt is on...my area get maybe 1 case per store..so hard to find

Best bet is probably to order by the case. This series will appeal to a lot of collectors so i think the extras will sell pretty easily for around cost.
It’s me Lynda

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun May 19, 2019 8:32 am

I want a case of these but i want to hold out until i know the ratios
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Sun May 19, 2019 9:35 am

i wonder why no tony the tiger, toucan sam, or cap crunch? They've always been my big 3 when it comes to cereal ad icons. Wave 2? hmm
ImageImage

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Sun May 19, 2019 9:37 am

Popfanatics wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Best bet is probably to order by the case. This series will appeal to a lot of collectors so i think the extras will sell pretty easily for around cost.

I will try that. My HT only got 1 case of the HP minis and stated that wouldn't be getting another, allowed 1 person to buy the case.
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun May 19, 2019 9:52 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I will try that. My HT only got 1 case of the HP minis and stated that wouldn't be getting another, allowed 1 person to buy the case.

I just ordered these off Amazon, seemed easiest. I love them but if I can't get any exclusive to stores my world won't end.

Look at what all the flippers have done to me, they took the fun and turned me into an adult. So rude!
ISO Pockets Snapsie

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun May 19, 2019 11:23 am

Im interested in seeing the ratios before i dive in deep on these ones
PopPChulo

Purplelady

Postby Purplelady » Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 am

Popfanatics wrote:

I usually buy from entertainment earth but they haven’t listed the specialty series cases yet. They do have the common set though.

I bought the common case from EE, waiting for the specialty series.

Return to “Blind Bags”