Ad Icons Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Purplelady

Re: Ad Icons Mystery Minis

Postby Purplelady » Sun May 19, 2019 11:32 am

Popfanatics wrote:
NCDS wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:The hunt is on...my area get maybe 1 case per store..so hard to find

That's a bummer because that basically means only one person gets to buy.

Best bet is probably to order by the case. This series will appeal to a lot of collectors so i think the extras will sell pretty easily for around cost.

That’s what I did.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Sun May 19, 2019 1:23 pm

Purplelady wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:I am a mini newb. But this line is going to get me. Where is the best source to buy cases ?

I usually buy from entertainment earth but they haven’t listed the specialty series cases yet. They do have the common set though.

I bought the common case from EE, waiting for the specialty series.

I’m surprised EE hasn’t put the specialty series case up yet. I hope i didn’t miss it!
It’s me Lynda

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Sun May 19, 2019 9:12 pm

NCDS wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:Best bet is probably to order by the case. This series will appeal to a lot of collectors so i think the extras will sell pretty easily for around cost.

I will try that. My HT only got 1 case of the HP minis and stated that wouldn't be getting another, allowed 1 person to buy the case.

I just ordered these off Amazon, seemed easiest. I love them but if I can't get any exclusive to stores my world won't end.

Look at what all the flippers have done to me, they took the fun and turned me into an adult. So rude!

LOL
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:57 pm

I just preordered a specialty series case from my local comic store. I honestly like all the minis so whatever I get I know I'll be happy with.

MyFriendKevin

Postby MyFriendKevin » Tue May 21, 2019 10:47 pm

These are looking very nice! Im glad that it became a reality with Funko making these!!
:freddy2:
What a nice boat. Do you want it back?

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Wed May 22, 2019 3:38 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
BenLo wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:You have literally just described my entire area except we have the occasional box slasher too :mad:

LoL I think this is happening everywhere. In my hood too

Yeah it’s definitely gotten worse. Used to be I’d come across it very randomly, now I see it all the time. Box slashing and also the people who have no shame and will just rip the box open.

Yep. I see it a lot where I am, too. Boxes slashed, ripped open, or just plain squished from people squeezing the sides to see if they can tell which figure it is.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Wed May 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Popfanatics wrote:
NCDS wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:The hunt is on...my area get maybe 1 case per store..so hard to find

Best bet is probably to order by the case. This series will appeal to a lot of collectors so i think the extras will sell pretty easily for around cost.

Yeah, this may be one of the few series where getting rid of the dupes will be really easy. A lot of people may just want one or two specific icons and would be perfectly happy to just buy dupes from others.

Jon319jon

Postby Jon319jon » Wed May 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Would love to see a 12-case set with possible variants and or chasers...but they need to do the Cookie Crisp dog and Chester Cheetos

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed May 22, 2019 8:12 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Yeah, this may be one of the few series where getting rid of the dupes will be really easy. A lot of people may just want one or two specific icons and would be perfectly happy to just buy dupes from others.

I like the idea of easy! My new mini shelf came in and it has lots of room!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:20 pm

I ordered three cases of the specialty series from BigBadToyStore :)

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:40 am

RobinBear177 wrote:I ordered three cases of the specialty series from BigBadToyStore :)

Oh wow good luck! I’m hoping I can see the ratios before I order a case... I’m hoping the exclusives aren’t the 1/72...

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Thu May 23, 2019 1:45 am

RobinBear177 wrote:I ordered three cases of the specialty series from BigBadToyStore :)

I’m trying to order the specialty series but it seems that not every retails manage to get it. Any ideas if u can give us the link where to pre order online of the shop? Thank in advance.
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:30 am

Rantt wrote:

I’m trying to order the specialty series but it seems that not every retails manage to get it. Any ideas if u can give us the link where to pre order online of the shop? Thank in advance.

It looks like they are currently out of stock but here’s the link to bigbadtoystore. They might put more up. This was the second time they sold out.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/94095

Also this is my thousandth post :)

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Thu May 23, 2019 3:38 am

RobinBear177 wrote:
Rantt wrote:

It looks like they are currently out of stock but here’s the link to bigbadtoystore. They might put more up. This was the second time they sold out.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/94095

Also this is my thousandth post :)

Thanks so much!!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Thu May 23, 2019 12:02 pm

NCDS wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:Best bet is probably to order by the case. This series will appeal to a lot of collectors so i think the extras will sell pretty easily for around cost.

I like the idea of easy! My new mini shelf came in and it has lots of room!

Me too! I don't feel as bad buying a bunch of minis if I know I can unload the duplicates without issue.

Yonsei13

Postby Yonsei13 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:09 pm

I really love these. Can't wait to add them to my collection
Image ImageImage

Alpha_Goat

Postby Alpha_Goat » Thu May 23, 2019 3:08 pm

Looking forward to these, hope the ratios of rare ones isn't too crazy.
OdinPops on social media
IG: @odinpops
SDCC 1999-2022
Fundays 2017-2019,2022

Coqui79

Postby Coqui79 » Sun May 26, 2019 11:24 am

Jon319jon wrote:Would love to see a 12-case set with possible variants and or chasers...but they need to do the Cookie Crisp dog and Chester Cheetos

Both of these would be great additions to series 2 lol. If Funko makes the store exclusives flocked, it would be amazing!!!
IG Coqui.79

A Journey of a Father and Sons

Jon319jon

Postby Jon319jon » Sun May 26, 2019 2:20 pm

Coqui79 wrote:
Jon319jon wrote:Would love to see a 12-case set with possible variants and or chasers...but they need to do the Cookie Crisp dog and Chester Cheetos

Both of these would be great additions to series 2 lol. If Funko makes the store exclusives flocked, it would be amazing!!!

Flocked or glow versions would be game over for me....lol

Coqui79

Postby Coqui79 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:48 am

Jon319jon wrote:
Coqui79 wrote:

Imagine a combinaison of both. It would be epic!!!
IG Coqui.79

Tmarie_82

Postby Tmarie_82 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:53 am

These are so cute hopefully they won’t be to hard to find especially count chocula and Frankenberry my favs

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:44 am

Jon319jon wrote:
Coqui79 wrote:

Flocked would be great, but glow in the dark would be too much haha id have to get them all and maybe multiples

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Mon May 27, 2019 9:51 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I will try that. My HT only got 1 case of the HP minis and stated that wouldn't be getting another, allowed 1 person to buy the case.

I ordered 13 blind boxes at my local Gamestop. I believe they get shipped by the case. This way they get a 2nd case in the event I want more!
ImageImage

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:58 pm

Any chance you have the sku number for these minis?

AustinBundy65401

Postby AustinBundy65401 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:08 pm

Gonna have to pre-order a few of these from GS as well, are they just listed under Ad-Icons?

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 28, 2019 10:12 am

POPianato wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

I ordered 13 blind boxes at my local Gamestop. I believe they get shipped by the case. This way they get a 2nd case in the event I want more!

Now that is some prethinking!
ISO Pockets Snapsie

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 28, 2019 10:13 am

POPianato wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

Now that is some prethinking!
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Tue May 28, 2019 12:08 pm

POPianato wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

Good luck! I would say, just be careful if they don’t come in a case. I’ve had the store order me some and it ended up being picked over boxes from a different GameStop!
It’s me Lynda

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:43 pm

Is it just me or is Bazooka Joe a lot less detailed than the rest of the set? Just kind of stands out as everything else looks fantastic. I need that Tootsie Pop owl.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Tue May 28, 2019 5:20 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:Is it just me or is Bazooka Joe a lot less detailed than the rest of the set? Just kind of stands out as everything else looks fantastic. I need that Tootsie Pop owl.

I suppose that maybe he's more of a "regular" character meaning there isn't much to detail on him? Maybe that's the case. :-k
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Tue May 28, 2019 6:26 pm

Popfanatics wrote:
POPianato wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

Good luck! I would say, just be careful if they don’t come in a case. I’ve had the store order me some and it ended up being picked over boxes from a different GameStop!

Probably the difference between a pre-order and a order. I would imagine the order just came from old stock (more than likely in another store).
ImageImage

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Tue May 28, 2019 9:10 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:
Chernabog wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
[-X Wrong answer! You must! lol

I feel like Luci from Disenchantment! Do it, do it, do it!

I'm never one to shy away from enabling lol

Look at us being bad influences

DisneyFanatic

Postby DisneyFanatic » Tue May 28, 2019 9:23 pm

Serch_na wrote:That's doesn't sound bad at all

I think anything that can add to the pops collection or items that we can add to dress up our collection I’m all for it. Love anything ad icon related. I was so excited to see shirts and youth shirts for my little humans.

Coqui79

Postby Coqui79 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:51 pm

DisneyFanatic wrote:

I think anything that can add to the pops collection or items that we can add to dress up our collection I’m all for it. Love anything ad icon related. I was so excited to see shirts and youth shirts for my little humans.

I agree with you.

Also, Mystery Minis allow to be displayed out of box to admire their detail.
IG Coqui.79

GrabtharsHammer

Postby GrabtharsHammer » Thu May 30, 2019 10:48 am

POPianato wrote:I ordered 13 blind boxes at my local Gamestop. I believe they get shipped by the case. This way they get a 2nd case in the event I want more!

Smart thinking. Did you just ask to pre-order Ad Icons mystery minis or had to supply an SKU?

Theshowman619

Postby Theshowman619 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:09 pm

Really looking forward to these
:freddy4: ImageImage
ImageImageImage

mrchadv

Postby mrchadv » Thu May 30, 2019 10:18 pm

Are they still saying August on these or is there scuttlebutt about an earlier release?
Chad V
IG: http://instagram.com/milehighpophunter
Twitter: @milehighpophunt

ImageImage

ImageImage

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:59 pm

BigBadToyStore says 2nd quarter 2019 but everyone else says August or September from what I’ve seen.

DisneyFanatic

Postby DisneyFanatic » Fri May 31, 2019 12:54 am

Coqui79 wrote:
DisneyFanatic wrote:

I agree with you.

Also, Mystery Minis allow to be displayed out of box to admire their detail.

Exactly. That’s the fun right there. I’m usually an in the box collector but when I can seas it up I do take them out and let the pops breath.

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri May 31, 2019 1:56 am

RobinBear177 wrote:BigBadToyStore says 2nd quarter 2019 but everyone else says August or September from what I’ve seen.

That's not too far away now.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”