Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
User avatar
APOPCALYPSE
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:05 pm

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Image
Image
Last edited by APOPCALYPSE on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegoSims20
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:40 pm

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby LegoSims20 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Holy moly!

Wait, there seriously isn't a Tina!?

They look nothing like the HP ones so I'll skip and they aren't my style.

User avatar
RogueSolo
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4184
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 12:09 pm
Location: Southerntier, NY

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:49 pm

These are so much better than the cutesy style of the main set (Imo), so hopefully I can find them all!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
700 Mystery Minis, and growing!
Image

User avatar
Valde
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4481
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:43 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Valde » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:55 pm

RogueSolo wrote:These are so much better than the cutesy style of the main set (Imo), so hopefully I can find them all!


I like the action style much better like The Walking Dead series. With the magician wands and spells they could have done a lot more earlier.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

nightschwing
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby nightschwing » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:30 pm

I bought a case at Box Lunch this morning. These are gorgeous. I wish Harry Potter was done in this style.

You will know when you find a box with Pickett in it, haha.

User avatar
HPFan
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:16 pm

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby HPFan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:37 pm

I’m checking BoxLunch for the 2 pack nifflers so I’ll try to grab these too. I’m also going to check GameStops as I’ve heard they’re showing up there too :-)

I like the style of these and I’m happy they’re different from HP, they’re like the more adult version.
Lauren
Must find all the HP pops!

Basiliskrocks
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:44 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Basiliskrocks » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Is this FB box a common case or are they only doing one case? We wont get this in the UK for ages so good to know
ISO HP Mystery Minis:
S1 Flocked Fawkes

nightschwing
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby nightschwing » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:57 pm

HPFan wrote:I’m checking BoxLunch for the 2 pack nifflers so I’ll try to grab these too. I’m also going to check GameStops as I’ve heard they’re showing up there too :-)

I like the style of these and I’m happy they’re different from HP, they’re like the more adult version.


BL Nifflers aren’t allowed to be sold today according to my store. They’re date-locked for a future release. The employee wasn’t allowed to say, but I suspect it might be tomorrow or Tuesday. Back when the first wave was released on 9/1 (wizards, Pickett and Thestral), he told me there were more releases coming on 9/16 (today with the common baby Nifflers, Chupacabra and Matagot) and either 9/17 or 9/18, but I can’t remember which.

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 3002
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:21 pm

RogueSolo wrote:These are so much better than the cutesy style of the main set (Imo), so hopefully I can find them all!


not a series i'm interested in, but I agree these look so much better then the dumb hands at the hips pose they've been using for so many sets lately.

Avengers74
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:23 pm
Location: Orlando, Fl.

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:57 pm

I was able to find a GameStop that got them in and had them in the back so I was able to buy a case. I am super pleased with how they turned out. While they are definitely a different style than the Harry Potter, it is a style that I really like. When I saw a leaked pic I wasn’t sure how these would be but in person I am blown away. I also like that there are only 2 with a 1/6 ratio (Thestral & Augery) so only got 2 doubles in the case. FYI in the announcement they said there was a Fwooper in the series so either they got it confused with the Augery or it is part of an exclusive wave.

I went around to a few GameStops, Hot Topics and Box Lunches and was able to grab a few more boxes so in total I ended up with 13 of the 15. I just lack Queenie (1/72) and the tan Baby Niffler (1/36). So tomorrow going to try a few more Places in hopes of having some more good luck.

The beasts are very detailed - definitely love this Thestral so much better than the HP2 one. The Nifflers turned out really cute, and I love the human ones with the little touch of magic coming from their wands. I am wondering if there will be another announcement after the movie comes out for some retail exclusives as I cannot believe there is no Tina. I am going to guess that there are some exclusives that might be spoilers so we will see them come out later. Or maybe they are just going to keep making these announcements in different waves. We definitely need a Tina, Credence and either a Theseus or Leta.

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 3504
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:00 pm

RogueSolo wrote:These are so much better than the cutesy style of the main set (Imo), so hopefully I can find them all!


Was Litterally about to type the same thing. So much better. If HP was this style I wouldn't be contemplating selling them off.
Image
Signed Pops:70
MM: 116
Pops :206
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: Pippin Took
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
lunarembrace
Posts: 1542
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Contact:

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby lunarembrace » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:23 pm

I love these, and I don't collect mystery minis. I might have to get the two baby nifflers with gems if they have a decent price on eBay. Might have to get the thestral, too. Just as long as I don't talk myself into getting more. lol.
Melissa
ImageImage
Instagram: dorkydisneygirl

nightschwing
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby nightschwing » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:28 pm

lunarembrace wrote:I love these, and I don't collect mystery minis. I might have to get the two baby nifflers with gems if they have a decent price on eBay. Might have to get the thestral, too. Just as long as I don't talk myself into getting more. lol.


Thestral is 1/6, so it’ll be easy to come by on eBay once these start hitting stores everywhere. The baby Niffler with the red gem is 1/12. The one with the blue gem is 1/36.

User avatar
HPFan
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:16 pm

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby HPFan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:49 pm

nightschwing wrote:
HPFan wrote:I’m checking BoxLunch for the 2 pack nifflers so I’ll try to grab these too. I’m also going to check GameStops as I’ve heard they’re showing up there too :-)

I like the style of these and I’m happy they’re different from HP, they’re like the more adult version.


BL Nifflers aren’t allowed to be sold today according to my store. They’re date-locked for a future release. The employee wasn’t allowed to say, but I suspect it might be tomorrow or Tuesday. Back when the first wave was released on 9/1 (wizards, Pickett and Thestral), he told me there were more releases coming on 9/16 (today with the common baby Nifflers, Chupacabra and Matagot) and either 9/17 or 9/18, but I can’t remember which.


Yeah, they ended up scanning it (they were set out on their back counter to sell) and saying oops, we can't sell until tomorrow. But I got the minis! Between BL and 3 (out of 8) GameStops, I got all but 1 (the light brown 1/36 niffler).
Lauren
Must find all the HP pops!

User avatar
Darth_Onix
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Darth_Onix » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Avengers74 wrote:I was able to find a GameStop that got them in and had them in the back so I was able to buy a case. I am super pleased with how they turned out. While they are definitely a different style than the Harry Potter, it is a style that I really like. When I saw a leaked pic I wasn’t sure how these would be but in person I am blown away. I also like that there are only 2 with a 1/6 ratio (Thestral & Augery) so only got 2 doubles in the case. FYI in the announcement they said there was a Fwooper in the series so either they got it confused with the Augery or it is part of an exclusive wave.



If you're willing to sell the doubles, and have a Pickett among them, please let me know [-o<

I lost mine (the one in the set with Newt, Hot Topic exclusive) when I was making a photoshoot at a park. I was very sad because I loved so much this little figure :(

Thanks!
:bounce:
Pops ig @PopsJournal :SW3: Personal ig @Darth_Onix

Image

Avengers74
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:23 pm
Location: Orlando, Fl.

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:06 pm

Darth_Onix wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:I was able to find a GameStop that got them in and had them in the back so I was able to buy a case. I am super pleased with how they turned out. While they are definitely a different style than the Harry Potter, it is a style that I really like. When I saw a leaked pic I wasn’t sure how these would be but in person I am blown away. I also like that there are only 2 with a 1/6 ratio (Thestral & Augery) so only got 2 doubles in the case. FYI in the announcement they said there was a Fwooper in the series so either they got it confused with the Augery or it is part of an exclusive wave.



If you're willing to sell the doubles, and have a Pickett among them, please let me know [-o<

I lost mine (the one in the set with Newt, Hot Topic exclusive) when I was making a photoshoot at a park. I was very sad because I loved so much this little figure :(

Thanks!
:bounce:


Pickett was my favorite in the first film and I loved that they made the Pop Newt w/ Pickett in the original wave. This one stands much better than the one that came with the Pop.

Right now I am starting to really enjoy all the Nifflers as I loved it in the first film but feel with the Baby Nifflers this time that they will definitely be a scene stealer. I was able to find 3 of the Minis today (lucked out in getting the 1/72), now I need the Tan one (1/36). I picked up the Pocket Pops, the common 2 pack and the Super Cute Plush (they are so incredibly adorable!). I can’t wait to get the 10” Pop and the BL Exclusive 2-Pack!

FYI I sent you a note on the extras.

User avatar
magicalme
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby magicalme » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:12 am

lunarembrace wrote:I love these, and I don't collect mystery minis. I might have to get the two baby nifflers with gems if they have a decent price on eBay. Might have to get the thestral, too. Just as long as I don't talk myself into getting more. lol.


I have an extra thestral and a Niffler with red gem if you need them at cost plus shipping.
http://www.instagram.com/funkofied

GRAIL ISO:
TWD Freddy Bloody RV Walker & Bloody Daryl Dixon
Stranger Things: Freddy Steves & Upside Down Will
Count Chocula, Boo Berry & Frankenberry

ImageImage
Image
Image

User avatar
Darth_Onix
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Darth_Onix » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:10 am

Avengers74 wrote:
Pickett was my favorite in the first film and I loved that they made the Pop Newt w/ Pickett in the original wave. This one stands much better than the one that came with the Pop.

Right now I am starting to really enjoy all the Nifflers as I loved it in the first film but feel with the Baby Nifflers this time that they will definitely be a scene stealer. I was able to find 3 of the Minis today (lucked out in getting the 1/72), now I need the Tan one (1/36). I picked up the Pocket Pops, the common 2 pack and the Super Cute Plush (they are so incredibly adorable!). I can’t wait to get the 10” Pop and the BL Exclusive 2-Pack!

FYI I sent you a note on the extras.


Are the two Picketts the same size, the one from the firts wave, and this mystery mini? :-k

The Nifflers are very cute, hope you get the whole set :hello1: for sure they will be an awesome addition to any collection.

I wish I had the room for all of them too, but sadly I just have my bedroom for aaaaall my stuff, so I must choose which pops and figures can I get, and forget about others that I like too :( Isn't fun keep them inside storage boxes because lack of room, so I must settle for the Niffler with coins that I already have :crybaby: :dontknow: :happy8:

Regarding the note, I will wait for it :compress:
Pops ig @PopsJournal :SW3: Personal ig @Darth_Onix

Image

User avatar
Lady_Macbeth
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Lady_Macbeth » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 am

These are ridiculously adorable, and I want them all. But, I just can't do blind boxes anymore, due to my notoriously and extremely poor luck. However, if anybody wants to sell me any of their doubles, please PM me. Cheers, everybody!
"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal." - Jane Austen

User avatar
bspears82
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby bspears82 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:33 am

These look really cool cant wait to find a case of these :)

User avatar
PigNosePony
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:11 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby PigNosePony » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Follow This: I wake up Groggy.............. There is something on clearance at GameStop.... They dont open until 11... EXCELLENT!... I am not ready yet. Where is my coffee.................. (Stretch).... Get in the car.. head to GS... talk to the Cashier to see if they could do a store to store transfer for me......... (THE CLOUDS PART INSIDE THE STORE and the SUN SHINES DIRECTLY ON A FRESH CASE OF THESE MINIS, I CAN HEAR THE PRAYER SONGS CHIMING IN THE BACK GROUND "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh")

Needless to say.. I found a fresh case on accident. I swear that some of finding some of these things is pure dumb luck on timing.
Image Image

nightschwing
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby nightschwing » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:48 pm

I have a spare Pickett and Chupacabra. Looking for Dumbledore and either 1/36 baby Niffler.

User avatar
bakivali
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby bakivali » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Impulse bought two of these (the front two) and got the 1/36 Niffler and 1/24 Bowtruckle. The Bowtruckle felt like the box was empty because it's so tiny and light lol Very nice details on these, very cute creatures.

nightschwing
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby nightschwing » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:54 pm

I went on a quick hunt today because I’m trying to complete two full sets for my mother and myself. Three of the four GameStops I went to had 1/72 cases, so I feel like I’ll never be lucky with Mystery Minis again. But I can confirm these chase case assortments:

Niffler 1/24
Dumbledore 1/24
baby Niffler 1/72

Pickett 1/24
Chupacabra 1/24
Queenie 1/72

(I found two of the Queenie cases.)

The fourth GameStop had a case with Niffler 1/24 and Pickett 1/24, but the employee there told me I wasn’t allowed to use a scale to figure out what the third chase character was, so I left. I knew it couldn’t be a 1/72 character, so it had to be a 1/36 baby Niffler. Oh well.

The case I found yesterday at Box Lunch was:

Pickett 1/24
Chupacabra 1/24
baby Niffler with gem 1/36

w00kiee77
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:07 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby w00kiee77 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:06 pm

These look awesome and I'm so glad they've moved away from the cutesey style of the main series... I think we're stuck with that style with those, as like someone in a FB group said, if they move to a different style, they're just going to redo all the other ones and then we'll have to collect them all again with all the giant headaches! (I for one would be ok with that though, lol)

It's great to only have 2x 1/6s in this case and as fantastic beasts, not a huge problem with them being the ones they are at all... An army of Thestrals or to be able to repaint the Augurey (I think Funko got it wrong on their release, it looks nothing like a Fwooper!) would be fine compared to an army or sorting hat Harry or Rons! Looks like people are completing their sets early and easier than other series, which is "fantastic"!

Just two gripes though... WTF is Tina?!? Normally Funko have the exclusives in their release post, are they THAT disorganised that they either weren't ready, or just aren't doing exclusives for this one? And I know they're cute, but how lazy is it to include so many Porgs, sorry, I mean Nifflers in the base set?!? Ugh...

User avatar
geekypeeples
Posts: 527
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:33 am
Location: New York City/Chicago
Contact:

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby geekypeeples » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:11 pm

These are really detailed very cute versions of the characters
Be well and blessed; g'journey and Keep Lovin' this Pop Life!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
yokofox33
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:03 am
Location: Florida

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby yokofox33 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:54 pm

Someone picked up 9 boxes of these for me from a BoxLunch today. I'll be getting them tomorrow. Hopefully people left some chase slots behind for me...
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

Image

allcutethings2
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:25 pm
Location: Lost in a book
Contact:

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby allcutethings2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Went to three Gamestop's today, and ended up with four of the five nifflers, and Pickett. I love this set.
ISO Porg Minis, Toy Story Alien pints

Pops: 351
Dorbz: 115
Mystery Minis: 369
PSH: 151
Rock Candy: 8
Hikari: 19


Instagram: @allcutethings2

Want list! Always willing to trade!
https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... 1LN4C5FC4/

Ilurvfunko
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:50 pm
Location: SoCal
Contact:

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Ilurvfunko » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:05 pm

So sad to have missed the whole box from boxlunch. But still hopeful to get a whole box once they get restock soon. They are super adorable! Details are impeccable
Image

Avengers74
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:23 pm
Location: Orlando, Fl.

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:18 pm

I went around to a few more GameStops tonight and was able to get Queenie (1/72)! Now I am down to just the tan Niffler that is a 1/36. So close to finishing this set yet I have a nagging suspicion that there will be some exclusives down the road since Tina is glaringly absent from this series. So far the entire Crimes of Grindelwald Funko items have had multiple announcements, so I am guessing more Pops and possibly Five Stars and Exclusive sets for the Mystery Minis.

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby kihou » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:43 am

I would imagine Barnes and Noble would get exclusives since they've had ones for the other Harry Potter sets, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Topic gets them too. I hope they have a flocked Niffler!
ISO Mystery Minis!
Sailor Moon: Sailor Mars (Posed), Sailor Jupiter (Posed), Sailor Mercury (Posed) (Specialty Series)
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Harry Potter series 3: Basilisk (B&N)

User avatar
Katers
Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 am

w00kiee77 wrote:These look awesome and I'm so glad they've moved away from the cutesey style of the main series... I think we're stuck with that style with those, as like someone in a FB group said, if they move to a different style, they're just going to redo all the other ones and then we'll have to collect them all again with all the giant headaches! (I for one would be ok with that though, lol)

It's great to only have 2x 1/6s in this case and as fantastic beasts, not a huge problem with them being the ones they are at all... An army of Thestrals or to be able to repaint the Augurey (I think Funko got it wrong on their release, it looks nothing like a Fwooper!) would be fine compared to an army or sorting hat Harry or Rons! Looks like people are completing their sets early and easier than other series, which is "fantastic"!

Just two gripes though... WTF is Tina?!? Normally Funko have the exclusives in their release post, are they THAT disorganised that they either weren't ready, or just aren't doing exclusives for this one? And I know they're cute, but how lazy is it to include so many Porgs, sorry, I mean Nifflers in the base set?!? Ugh...


Well, if heaven forbid they did redo the HP series in a new style, at least that would give people a shot at the elusive Buckbeak! I don't think they will...or that I would go for it if they did. I wouldn't mind if they switched up S4 though!

I'd much rather have an army of nifflers than an army of Ron and Harry! So glad the ratios are being kind to us on this set.

I find it really hard to believe there's not a Tina coming down the line somewhere. I feel like this series got released super early, so maybe Tina is a spoiler? Along with other creatures like Fwoopers and Demiguises? There are so many creatures they could be giving us, but we get an army of nifflers instead!

But who knows...? Certainly not us!

User avatar
bakivali
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby bakivali » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:32 am

Katers wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:These look awesome and I'm so glad they've moved away from the cutesey style of the main series... I think we're stuck with that style with those, as like someone in a FB group said, if they move to a different style, they're just going to redo all the other ones and then we'll have to collect them all again with all the giant headaches! (I for one would be ok with that though, lol)

It's great to only have 2x 1/6s in this case and as fantastic beasts, not a huge problem with them being the ones they are at all... An army of Thestrals or to be able to repaint the Augurey (I think Funko got it wrong on their release, it looks nothing like a Fwooper!) would be fine compared to an army or sorting hat Harry or Rons! Looks like people are completing their sets early and easier than other series, which is "fantastic"!

Just two gripes though... WTF is Tina?!? Normally Funko have the exclusives in their release post, are they THAT disorganised that they either weren't ready, or just aren't doing exclusives for this one? And I know they're cute, but how lazy is it to include so many Porgs, sorry, I mean Nifflers in the base set?!? Ugh...


Well, if heaven forbid they did redo the HP series in a new style, at least that would give people a shot at the elusive Buckbeak! I don't think they will...or that I would go for it if they did. I wouldn't mind if they switched up S4 though!

I'd much rather have an army of nifflers than an army of Ron and Harry! So glad the ratios are being kind to us on this set.

I find it really hard to believe there's not a Tina coming down the line somewhere. I feel like this series got released super early, so maybe Tina is a spoiler? Along with other creatures like Fwoopers and Demiguises? There are so many creatures they could be giving us, but we get an army of nifflers instead!

But who knows...? Certainly not us!

They did just release a redo of the Nightmare Before Christmas set, so it's not entirely unprecedented. And I'm sure we'll see exclusives somewhere.

User avatar
Katers
Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:47 pm

kihou wrote:I would imagine Barnes and Noble would get exclusives since they've had ones for the other Harry Potter sets, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Topic gets them too. I hope they have a flocked Niffler!


I dread flocked Nifflers. I tell myself I don't need the flocked ones, but I know that I'm lying to myself!

User avatar
Katers
Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:50 pm

bakivali wrote:
Katers wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:These look awesome and I'm so glad they've moved away from the cutesey style of the main series... I think we're stuck with that style with those, as like someone in a FB group said, if they move to a different style, they're just going to redo all the other ones and then we'll have to collect them all again with all the giant headaches! (I for one would be ok with that though, lol)

It's great to only have 2x 1/6s in this case and as fantastic beasts, not a huge problem with them being the ones they are at all... An army of Thestrals or to be able to repaint the Augurey (I think Funko got it wrong on their release, it looks nothing like a Fwooper!) would be fine compared to an army or sorting hat Harry or Rons! Looks like people are completing their sets early and easier than other series, which is "fantastic"!

Just two gripes though... WTF is Tina?!? Normally Funko have the exclusives in their release post, are they THAT disorganised that they either weren't ready, or just aren't doing exclusives for this one? And I know they're cute, but how lazy is it to include so many Porgs, sorry, I mean Nifflers in the base set?!? Ugh...


Well, if heaven forbid they did redo the HP series in a new style, at least that would give people a shot at the elusive Buckbeak! I don't think they will...or that I would go for it if they did. I wouldn't mind if they switched up S4 though!

I'd much rather have an army of nifflers than an army of Ron and Harry! So glad the ratios are being kind to us on this set.

I find it really hard to believe there's not a Tina coming down the line somewhere. I feel like this series got released super early, so maybe Tina is a spoiler? Along with other creatures like Fwoopers and Demiguises? There are so many creatures they could be giving us, but we get an army of nifflers instead!

But who knows...? Certainly not us!

They did just release a redo of the Nightmare Before Christmas set, so it's not entirely unprecedented. And I'm sure we'll see exclusives somewhere.


So we'll have to wait for a major anniversary of the movies before a rerelease? I'm okay with that - the budget will have time to recover!

I'm actually worrying over the thought of exclusives. They've really been spreading them around lately, which is a lot of stress! Especially if you're in an area that doesn't have a lot of that particular story (looking at you, Walgreens!!) If they could stick to HT and B&N for me, that would be great..!

Avengers74
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:23 pm
Location: Orlando, Fl.

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Avengers74 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:36 pm

I have had the best luck with Hot Topic and Barnes & Noble so I am keeping my fingers crossed that if there are exclusives, those will be the retailers that get them. I was able to complete both sets of exclusives of HP3 with no problem. Target on the other hand, not so much.

User avatar
dexiesmom
Posts: 1525
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 11:49 am

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:36 pm

I love the critters and creatures! They all look so good. The humans I don't care about so much. lol lol
Image ImageImage

pensivep0tter
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:48 am

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby pensivep0tter » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:11 pm

Anyone know any weights? I just got 2 today and it was pickett 26.11 and the chupacabra 50.42

User avatar
ericj
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby ericj » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:49 pm

So many beasts! That's a great choice for these.

User avatar
Katers
Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Katers » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:47 pm

HPFan wrote:I’m checking BoxLunch for the 2 pack nifflers so I’ll try to grab these too. I’m also going to check GameStops as I’ve heard they’re showing up there too :-)

I like the style of these and I’m happy they’re different from HP, they’re like the more adult version.


I'm mostly entertained in the size difference between the FB and HP sets. I've got Trewlawney and Boggart Snape standing next to Jacob and Grindlewald right now, and size wise FB looks like kids next to HP. I do appreciate that they are such different styles though, I'm really enjoying the new look for FB!


Return to “Blind Bags”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FunkyNtvTxn17, PigNosePony, RogueSolo, ScroogeMcDollar