International Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
ShyGuyPal

International Mystery Minis

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:53 pm

Hello all,
I wasn't sure where to ask this or investigate it. Are Mystery Minis sold in other countries with their own store exclusives? For example, if there are no Targets in Denmark (hypothetically), would Target exclusive minis be sold under a different store name with its own sticker ('____ Exclusive')? I thought I saw online a different store will be selling Hot Topic exclusive minis because there are no Hot Topics in that country, but wasn't sure how that'd work with the 'Hot Topic Exclusive' sticker on the boxes. I hope that makes sense. Any insight into this would be much appreciated!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Lakers

Re: International Mystery Minis

Postby Lakers » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Good question. But I don't think it happen, I think they buy it online in Target website.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Popcultcha in Australia has sold Walgreens cases before. That's all that I have seen.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Strangely enough, in Australia at least, our stores like Target (this is the only store I know of that is included in the grouping of exclusive stores - no Hot Topic, B&N, Walgreens, Walmart stores here) are different and don't actually stock them, so we have to rely on pop culture stores, a lot mainly online (like Popcultcure who are only based in Melbourne, so a lot of their business is online), or Zing, but also other hobby or collector stores that are more per area, and depending on what they order, they can order whichever exclusives they want, which is a bonus at least, but it relies on the store buyer getting them in...

eg. I went into a Zing store last week and they had a case of each of Sailor Moon, common, HT, etc, but only limited themselves to the common series of HP3 (which sucked HUGELY)

andibgoode

Postby andibgoode » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:49 pm

Yeah popcultcha and zing in Australia often get them but they don’t have stickers on them to differentiate they were originally HT exclusives or whatever. I’m pretty all the stranger things mystery minis ended up at zing (hot topic, GameStop and think geek?) at least.

And yeah Target Australia is a different company iirc which is why we wouldn’t get their exclusives in target.

And, not minis, but I’ve seen Big W get some Walmart exclusives lately (pops and five star) including the sticker!

beachball48

Postby beachball48 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:30 am

The Walgreen Exclusives for the most recent Nightmare Before Christmas set were sold at EB Games in Canada, but that was the first time I had seen that happen for Mystery Minis. I wish it happened more often! When The Trollhunter MMs were released as Target Exclusives, we eventually got them in a variety of stores in Canada.

Return to “Blind Bags”