Marvel Studios 10 years PSH

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
gunner jed

Re: Marvel Studios 10 years PSH

Postby gunner jed » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:25 am

Greymom wrote:
pommefille wrote:
Greymom wrote:I totally suck at "feeling them up". I have a friend who's so much better at it.

I can relate. My son is pretty good at it but me, I squeeze them and they all feel the same lol

Exactly!! I also lack the patience for it. Standing there fondling all the bags. I sometimes feel that people are watching me!

Yes! I feel really self conscious in a shop- I don’t wanna spend too long feeling them up!
Twitter: @filmaddict123
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/jedwagman (I make cool marvel movie mashups and edits)

ImageImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:52 pm

Katers wrote:
A-Okay wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Exactly!! I also lack the patience for it. Standing there fondling all the bags. I sometimes feel that people are watching me!

Ha ha yeah... my son and I call it "Bag Whispering"

I feel like people would stare at us less if it was whispering - those bags are loud!!

It reminds me of the Sunchips bags that they redid a few years ago, where they were super loud lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:54 pm

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:I totally suck at "feeling them up". I have a friend who's so much better at it.

You just have to keep practicing! I don't know that I would classify myself as good at it, but I'm certainly up for the challenge! It really helps when the figures are distinctive. And on those rare occasions that the peep hole works out, that's a huge help as well!

And yeah - collect with a friend! That way you've got a home for the duplicates right off the bat!

Yeah, and with these sets you can usually go in together with a case and have two complete sets. I've done that a couple times with local collectors and it works out well.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Fnkyeahryry

Postby Fnkyeahryry » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:44 pm

Katers wrote:
Fnkyeahryry wrote:Hope we get more of this series with Endgame coming.

Seconded! My life will not be complete until I have a Hawkeye PSH! (Though it's pretty close with my Loki!)

Was hoping for a PSH in the endgame announcement. Maybe for wave 2 now.

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:26 pm

Fnkyeahryry wrote:
Katers wrote:
Fnkyeahryry wrote:Hope we get more of this series with Endgame coming.

Seconded! My life will not be complete until I have a Hawkeye PSH! (Though it's pretty close with my Loki!)

Was hoping for a PSH in the endgame announcement. Maybe for wave 2 now.

They're probably holding out on wave 2 since it probably contains loads of spoilers, maybe then we'll get PSH of the characters who'll be un-dusted (I'm assuming they'll live at the end of the movie).
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:04 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:
A-Okay wrote:
Ha ha yeah... my son and I call it "Bag Whispering"

I feel like people would stare at us less if it was whispering - those bags are loud!!

It reminds me of the Sunchips bags that they redid a few years ago, where they were super loud lol

Was at a GS this evening, and this very subject came up! The guys working there were so funny - they were saying they are all for people 'feeling up' the bags, and even get in on helping out on occasion! Which is why that's my favorite GS!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:08 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

You just have to keep practicing! I don't know that I would classify myself as good at it, but I'm certainly up for the challenge! It really helps when the figures are distinctive. And on those rare occasions that the peep hole works out, that's a huge help as well!

And yeah - collect with a friend! That way you've got a home for the duplicates right off the bat!

Yeah, and with these sets you can usually go in together with a case and have two complete sets. I've done that a couple times with local collectors and it works out well.

That's exactly what I did with this set - the hardest part was finding an untouched box! First case we found had 18 in it, so we left it untouched and moved on to the next store. Got lucky there though, counted up the bags, squee-d for a moment, then took the whole thing up to the register! So much less stress than usual!

Meanwhile the 1/6 holiday series? Not so easy!! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:24 am

Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

That's exactly what I did with this set - the hardest part was finding an untouched box! First case we found had 18 in it, so we left it untouched and moved on to the next store. Got lucky there though, counted up the bags, squee-d for a moment, then took the whole thing up to the register! So much less stress than usual!

For the Marvel set, we ended up preordering a case together so we knew it was complete and untouched. But trying at Hot Topic probably would have been cheaper if we could have caught it on Hot Cash or other coupons.
ISO Mystery Minis!

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:29 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:Yeah, and with these sets you can usually go in together with a case and have two complete sets. I've done that a couple times with local collectors and it works out well.

For the Marvel set, we ended up preordering a case together so we knew it was complete and untouched. But trying at Hot Topic probably would have been cheaper if we could have caught it on Hot Cash or other coupons.

Brilliant plan, and so much less stress! Congrats on an easy win!
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”