Aladdin Mystery Minis Series 1

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
RogueSolo
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Aladdin Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:14 pm

I don't understand how Funko still lets Target get exclusives still. (Yes. I know. $$$$$$$) Even Walgreens puts out their exclusives every now-and-then...
Marty
Funklub member #1093
700 Mystery Minis, and growing!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 am

Funko_Phan26 wrote:targets distribution sucks...rick and morty series 2 exclusives, the indredicbles exclusives, and harry potter 3, not to mention the rick and morty PSH.
Maybe they'll be out next year.

Probably because with Pops they typically do much better in getting the stock out and getting stuff moving. Maybe they sell better? Their biggest hang up seems to be the minis for sure.
Image ImageImage

prpsblue

Postby prpsblue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 am

This was

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Hi Jim, my sincerest apologies for the slow responds, we always appreciate when customers are interested in our products. After doing some digging around there seems to be production issues with the Aladdin minis Target exclusives. We released a small batch of them via our distribution channels overseas however the team has decided to cancel all further distribution of the Target exclusive packages.

Thanks,
Jessica P

Your ticket number is ******.

prpsblue

Postby prpsblue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:28 am

See the above message I received it this morning

I responded with this was such disappointing news so you are telling me Target will not sell the Target exclusives? How does that make sense?

If she responds i'll post it up here.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:50 pm

prpsblue wrote:This was

Hi Jim, my sincerest apologies for the slow responds, we always appreciate when customers are interested in our products. After doing some digging around there seems to be production issues with the Aladdin minis Target exclusives. We released a small batch of them via our distribution channels overseas however the team has decided to cancel all further distribution of the Target exclusive packages.

Thanks,
Jessica P

What the heck? I wonder if they’re going to release them on the Funko shop...which means we’d have to buy a whole case to get the 3 exclusives :(
Hi from Lynda (popfanatics on instagram)

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 am

Popfanatics wrote:

Thanks,
Jessica P

What the heck? I wonder if they’re going to release them on the Funko shop...which means we’d have to buy a whole case to get the 3 exclusives :(

Oh wow, that's a huge bummer. I would imagine once they are eventually made they will be sold on the Funko shop (like the old Toys R Us exclusive sets). I would be fine buying a whole case because I have been waiting to buy any for this set since it was 1/12.
Image ImageImage

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:06 pm

Popfanatics wrote:

Thanks,
Jessica P

oh man....i hope that's not true.... :mad:
:freddy3:
[ig]https://www.instagram.com/funko_phan26/[/ig]

ISO: Black Panther Protos Rick and Morty Mystery Mini Protos other than https://www.instagram.com/p/BrGhtQQnVYq/

prpsblue

Postby prpsblue » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:50 am

I waited a few days and it doesn't look at she is going to respond. Funko support is horrible I had to jump through loops just to get to the bottom of this. When i initially asked the support team they responded with oh year you can get the target exclusives at target and I was like umm how I been to every target within a 30 miles range and I know as a fact they are not there. I had to escalate my ticket took about 2 weeks for someone to respond with a real answer. What a waste of time.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:07 am

So that message was from Funko and not Target? That makes the "cancel all further distribution" part more ominous. Maybe the set on Ebay really is worth what they are listed for....not that I would spend that much on minis.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 pm

I just ordered a case of the Target exclusives on ebay. Feel like they won't be out anymore and wanna grab the three exclusives before they're gone. I'll post pics when they arrive. :)

prpsblue

Postby prpsblue » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:31 pm

I don't understand why the one set I want is not available for me to collect them all. Why is Funko doing this? I'm not a mystery mini collector but I love this set. Does anybody know if this happens often where they just say F the fans?

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:23 am

I hope this isn't true. Target tends to get their minis later than other retailers.
Funko Collector since Aug. '16 :freddy3:
IG: anygivenfunko
Pop/Dorbz/Minis: 500+
Collections: Star Wars / Pennywise / MOTU dorbz/ Stranger Things/ Ad Icons / Mystery Minis

prpsblue

Postby prpsblue » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:34 pm

I been following the ebay seller item and is it me or does his price keep going up? I think he started at $450 and now it's at $480. Maybe he thinks he can rise his prices based on watchers, we should all just unwatch this item. I'm not sure what gives him the right to keep increasing the price.

prpsblue

Postby prpsblue » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:36 pm

I want these so bad please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:16 pm

prpsblue wrote:I don't understand why the one set I want is not available for me to collect them all. Why is Funko doing this? I'm not a mystery mini collector but I love this set. Does anybody know if this happens often where they just say F the fans?

target is notoriously bad at distributing their minis. They had target exclusive rick and morty pint size heroes and they didn't show up until about a year later.
:freddy3:
[ig]https://www.instagram.com/funko_phan26/[/ig]

ISO: Black Panther Protos Rick and Morty Mystery Mini Protos other than https://www.instagram.com/p/BrGhtQQnVYq/

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 pm

prpsblue wrote:I don't understand why the one set I want is not available for me to collect them all. Why is Funko doing this? I'm not a mystery mini collector but I love this set. Does anybody know if this happens often where they just say F the fans?

I don't think they are specifically telling the collectors 'F the fans'. Like others are saying, Target is just really bad at distributing mins. They do much better with pops.
Edit: after looking at another collector's post, Target is blaming this on a production issue which would make this a Funko issue so this may just be an issue of the blame game. #-o #-o
Image ImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”