Ghostbusters Mystery Minis Series 1

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Thrillofthehunt

Re: Ghostbusters Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Mon May 13, 2019 6:21 pm

I would love to own all of the Slimers! Funko put some of the best details into minis
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

OzzyRhds

Postby OzzyRhds » Mon May 13, 2019 7:01 pm

With my luck all the ones I buy will be stantz.

I collect Spores, Molds and FUNKO!

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Mon May 13, 2019 7:08 pm

This really bums me out. I had pre-ordered two GameStop cases. I didn't expect all 1/12s, but I was hoping the exclusives would be, at least. Ideally, I could have completed the set and paid for it by selling the extras at reasonable prices on eBay to come out close to even. As someone with enough time/capital to do this, this is my preferred collecting strategy. I get what I want, and I don't have to disrupt the chasers in my city.

Now, I will cancel one of the cases, take the street date off from work, be at my GameStop when it opens, figure out the case layout in my car, and then have to pillage across the city until I complete my set. I will still get what I want (a complete set and some rare duplicates to sell), but I will leave behind sad, picked over cases that will disappoint casual fans and enrage serious collectors. I don't enjoy thinking about this hobby as a zero sum game, but that is what it has to be sometimes.

On a related note, I wonder how many common figures (1/6 and 1/12) have ended up just getting thrown into the trash because you can't sell them, you can't trade them away, and you don't have any room for dupes. I am definitely on the verge of doing this with some LoTR figures I swept up when they went on $1 clearance at GameStop a few weeks back. I can't even give them away.

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Mon May 13, 2019 7:52 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:This really bums me out. I had pre-ordered two GameStop cases. I didn't expect all 1/12s, but I was hoping the exclusives would be, at least. Ideally, I could have completed the set and paid for it by selling the extras at reasonable prices on eBay to come out close to even. As someone with enough time/capital to do this, this is my preferred collecting strategy. I get what I want, and I don't have to disrupt the chasers in my city.

Now, I will cancel one of the cases, take the street date off from work, be at my GameStop when it opens, figure out the case layout in my car, and then have to pillage across the city until I complete my set. I will still get what I want (a complete set and some rare duplicates to sell), but I will leave behind sad, picked over cases that will disappoint casual fans and enrage serious collectors. I don't enjoy thinking about this hobby as a zero sum game, but that is what it has to be sometimes.

On a related note, I wonder how many common figures (1/6 and 1/12) have ended up just getting thrown into the trash because you can't sell them, you can't trade them away, and you don't have any room for dupes. I am definitely on the verge of doing this with some LoTR figures I swept up when they went on $1 clearance at GameStop a few weeks back. I can't even give them away.

ahhh Chin up. We're all in the same boat. There are mini groups to help trade and some really good ones out there where they sell at cost + shipping.

ZartansBro

Postby ZartansBro » Mon May 13, 2019 9:28 pm

Jeez, screw those ratios... :(
Wanted Minis: Stone Zuul/Terror Dog, Grady Twins, Scarred Chucky, GITD Pennywise, Zombie Ed, Guitar Crow, B&W Alfred Hitchcock, Spider Leg Pennywise, Henry Bowers, FYE Eddie, FYE Beverly, HT Bill, HT Ben

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:12 pm

These just showed up at my local hot topic

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Mon May 13, 2019 10:24 pm

I really just want a few of these, stay pufts and slimers but we’ll see what happens! I have a specialty series case on order
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Mon May 13, 2019 10:53 pm

Finds today at HT
ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

:freddy3:

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue May 14, 2019 4:08 am

billydarector wrote:Image

Finds today at HT

Boom! two gems and an awesome 1/24 already...congrats!! \:D/

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue May 14, 2019 11:54 am

buried_by_pops wrote:This really bums me out. I had pre-ordered two GameStop cases. I didn't expect all 1/12s, but I was hoping the exclusives would be, at least. Ideally, I could have completed the set and paid for it by selling the extras at reasonable prices on eBay to come out close to even. As someone with enough time/capital to do this, this is my preferred collecting strategy. I get what I want, and I don't have to disrupt the chasers in my city.

I know how you feel. Collecting these sets, especially with terrible ratios, is really hard work and you have to be kind of a dick in order to get them all. I've driven over to the other side of town to get to a Hot Topic case when I've known others in the area are interested. I try to do my best to be fair but also if you want a full set (especially with 1/72s) you sometimes have to go for it. I try to balance it out by leaving ones that might be dupes for others instead of hoarding them all.

As far as your extras, there are groups that have giveaway trains where you can pick out someone's commons and they mail it, then you post your common pile and someone picks one from you and you mail it out, and so on. Also, I've found some people on groups who teach kids who will take minis for cheap that I've sent some to, knowing that their students would really appreciate the little guys.

I wish you the best of luck!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Tue May 14, 2019 11:55 am

These are showing up in the next state over. They havent reached my state yet. I am chomping to get started on this set!!!

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:43 pm

I just feel that specialty series ratios should all be 1/12 or 1:6 because not all stores get them. 1:72 speciality series is just brutal for collectors. How many local comics shops do you have? I have 2....and that’s a lot more than many.
[ig]https://www.instagram.com/funko_phan26/[/ig]

Fundays 2022, Blacklight Battle
Fright Night II NYCC 2022
FOTW 2/24/18
FOTW 11/30/22

ISO: Black Panther Protos Rick and Morty Mystery Mini Protos.
Been collecting since 2016. FoTW Feb 2018. Check out my toy photography on Instagram!

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Tue May 14, 2019 9:58 pm

NCDS wrote:Love these, the Gamestop are the best ones!

I agree those are dope!

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:24 pm

Finds today at HT

Nice pulls! Thanks for sharing too! They look a lot better in person... I might need to start collecting this series...

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:48 pm

Here's my pulls for the day

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed May 15, 2019 12:12 am

RobinBear177 wrote:Here's my pulls for the day

Congrats, they look great!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Ekkusu_X

Postby Ekkusu_X » Wed May 15, 2019 12:14 am

Reporting my set, no picture however.

My mother really wanted Egon. We tried to pull Egon with weight theory and managed to get:
Slimer, and Two Venkman. The heaviest and two Lightest from the few Box Lunch still had.

Ended up getting the last three and she did manage to get her Egon, but he's covered in fluff. The other two in the set was Possessed Dana, and Marshmallow Venkman.
If allowed here, since nobody's posted them yet and I don't know if it's in good faith to do so, I have the weights for the first three definite. The last three is up in the air since I didn't make sure to mark those ones down after.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Wed May 15, 2019 8:09 am

Decided not to cancel my Gamestop pre-orders (2 cases), since the old Boy Scout in me likes to keep my commitments and take my lumps when I have to. I will provide all the info I can on those within a couple hours of their release (still seeing June 2nd, I assume it will be the same everywhere), but would really appreciate some hints on chase spots in the non-exclusive cases from the West Coast folks. I'm expecting them in my area before the end of the week and I need to minimize my risk of getting a 5th or 6th copy of any of the 1/6 figures. Thanks.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed May 15, 2019 11:42 am

buried_by_pops wrote:Decided not to cancel my Gamestop pre-orders (2 cases), since the old Boy Scout in me likes to keep my commitments and take my lumps when I have to. I will provide all the info I can on those within a couple hours of their release (still seeing June 2nd, I assume it will be the same everywhere), but would really appreciate some hints on chase spots in the non-exclusive cases from the West Coast folks. I'm expecting them in my area before the end of the week and I need to minimize my risk of getting a 5th or 6th copy of any of the 1/6 figures. Thanks.

Hopefully you can find some other fans to sell/trade the set of 1/6s to!
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed May 15, 2019 11:43 am

Ekkusu_X wrote:Reporting my set, no picture however.

My mother really wanted Egon. We tried to pull Egon with weight theory and managed to get:
Slimer, and Two Venkman. The heaviest and two Lightest from the few Box Lunch still had.

Ended up getting the last three and she did manage to get her Egon, but he's covered in fluff. The other two in the set was Possessed Dana, and Marshmallow Venkman.
If allowed here, since nobody's posted them yet and I don't know if it's in good faith to do so, I have the weights for the first three definite. The last three is up in the air since I didn't make sure to mark those ones down after.

Weights are welcome here as far as I know. I would love to see what you have since there haven't been any sightings at my area stores yet.
ISO Mystery Minis!

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Wed May 15, 2019 11:56 am

Stay Puft heaviest - 85g
Slimer - 67.1g
Louis Helmet 1/36 - 47.1g
Library Ghost 1/72 - 50.5g
Ray Marshmallow - 62.4g

Anyone have weights for possessed Dana and Gozer?
ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:27 pm

billydarector wrote:Stay Puft heaviest - 85g
Slimer - 67.1g
Ray Marshmallow - 62.4g

Dana was 60.5

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed May 15, 2019 2:18 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:
billydarector wrote:Stay Puft heaviest - 85g
Slimer - 67.1g
Ray Marshmallow - 62.4g

Dana was 60.5

Thank you for sharing! I'm hoping to find these soon :)
ISO Mystery Minis!

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed May 15, 2019 6:52 pm

Finds today at HT

Howdy Billy!
It’s me Lynda

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:Here's my pulls for the day

One of the better “people” looking sets!
It’s me Lynda

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 pm

They showed up in my area today and I was able to get some field data. I found cases at two different Hot Topics that had the Marshmallowed figures in the front on both sides of the top layer. The Top-Left-Rear was the library ghost in both cases, while the Top-Right-Middle was Slimer. The others on the top layer seemed to be random 1/6's, Winston and Ray in one box and Peter and Ray in the other. At a BoxLunch, though, I pulled T-L-R, T-R-T, and T-R-M and got all 1/6's, so there may be cases with the "rares" layer on the bottom, or a completely different layout then the two cases I found at the Hot Topics. If you find a fresh case, I would buy the T-L-R and hope for the best. I can compile my weights tomorrow, but I didn't notice hugely obvious differences in hand. Slime was a little heavier than most and Library Ghost was lighter. Happy hunting!

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Fri May 17, 2019 12:16 am

buried_by_pops wrote:They showed up in my area today and I was able to get some field data. I found cases at two different Hot Topics that had the Marshmallowed figures in the front on both sides of the top layer. The Top-Left-Rear was the library ghost in both cases, while the Top-Right-Middle was Slimer. The others on the top layer seemed to be random 1/6's, Winston and Ray in one box and Peter and Ray in the other. At a BoxLunch, though, I pulled T-L-R, T-R-T, and T-R-M and got all 1/6's, so there may be cases with the "rares" layer on the bottom, or a completely different layout then the two cases I found at the Hot Topics. If you find a fresh case, I would buy the T-L-R and hope for the best. I can compile my weights tomorrow, but I didn't notice hugely obvious differences in hand. Slime was a little heavier than most and Library Ghost was lighter. Happy hunting!

You found the rares in spots other than the middles??
It’s me Lynda

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 am

Have been away for ages because I've only been picking over minis randomly, but was really looking forward to these... Hit stores yesterday apparently, and my case was missing a couple... Most of them weighed very close to everything except for three (heavier than the rest) which were:

Ray(?) Marshmallow: 63.5g
Gozer: 49.1g
Egon Marshmallow: 57.95g

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 am

Here were my weights.

Slimer: 65.88, 66.29
Venkman: 51.95, 52.83
Marshmallow Stanz: 61.66, 61.78
Marshmallow Spengler: 55.17, 56.00
Zeddemore: 50.39, 50.63
Library Ghost: 49.86, 50.89
Stanz: 53.15, 53.56, 54.96

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri May 17, 2019 12:23 am

Popfanatics wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:They showed up in my area today and I was able to get some field data. I found cases at two different Hot Topics that had the Marshmallowed figures in the front on both sides of the top layer. The Top-Left-Rear was the library ghost in both cases, while the Top-Right-Middle was Slimer. The others on the top layer seemed to be random 1/6's, Winston and Ray in one box and Peter and Ray in the other. At a BoxLunch, though, I pulled T-L-R, T-R-T, and T-R-M and got all 1/6's, so there may be cases with the "rares" layer on the bottom, or a completely different layout then the two cases I found at the Hot Topics. If you find a fresh case, I would buy the T-L-R and hope for the best. I can compile my weights tomorrow, but I didn't notice hugely obvious differences in hand. Slime was a little heavier than most and Library Ghost was lighter. Happy hunting!

You found the rares in spots other than the middles??

Both library ghosts were back left on the top and both slimers were middle right on the top. Have you seen something different? Maybe every case "type" has a different layout. Like I said, it did not hold up for the third case I got into. Of the three cases I found, one was on the shelf but complete (one of the library ghost ones) and the other two came from the back as I waited. Which combination of rares did you find?

OzzyRhds

Postby OzzyRhds » Fri May 17, 2019 2:03 am

OzzyRhds wrote:With my luck all the ones I buy will be stantz.

So I bought two and I got stay puft and marmallowed Egon YAY!!

I collect Spores, Molds and FUNKO!

Jarpo

Postby Jarpo » Fri May 17, 2019 12:26 pm

60.7 - Dana
67.1 - Slimer
51.7 - Winston
54.2 - Ray
85.0 - Stay Puft
48.0 - Gozer
57.4 - Egon Marshed
54.0 - Egon

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Fri May 17, 2019 3:45 pm

I want that Staypuft!

Grossanator9

Postby Grossanator9 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Finds today at HT

Better call 911, your hand is on fire! :devil:
Jason Grohoske
Ghostbustin' Since 1987

Grossanator9

Postby Grossanator9 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:52 pm

Jarpo wrote:60.7 - Dana
67.1 - Slimer
51.7 - Winston
54.2 - Ray
85.0 - Stay Puft
48.0 - Gozer
57.4 - Egon Marshed
54.0 - Egon

I have always heard about the weights but never had them tip the scale. This will be good when they arrive in Washington. Thanks!! :bounce:
Jason Grohoske
Ghostbustin' Since 1987

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Sat May 18, 2019 10:59 pm

Managed to find Stay-puft and Gozer today. I can't wait to find the other Stay-puft variants. The specialty series might be tricky, though.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

AustinBundy65401

Postby AustinBundy65401 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:59 am

Pulled Stay-Puft, Keymaster and Marshmellow Egon today really loving the design! Have they been spotted in GS yet?

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:43 am

Gamestop should get the June 2nd

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sun May 19, 2019 9:56 am

Ha anyone seen them anywhere other than Hot Topic/BoxLunch (same company, which I only realized when I bought online from BoxLunch and was billed by Hot Topic) yet? I checked at an FYE, but didn't see any.

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Sun May 19, 2019 10:28 am

I just want stay puft! I'm assuming he's significantly heavier. I've struck out a few times so I'm assuming he wasnt there when I checked the boxes. I will keep hunting!
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”