Resealed Mystery Mini's

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Force951

Re: Resealed Mystery Mini's

Postby Force951 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:42 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:Oh wow. If you snapped any pics, please don't hesitate to post them. Sheesh [-(

Went by target today and they had MM's with 4 different kinds of plastic wrap on them. Thought i picked the correct one, but found out shortly after leaving the store i didn't.

Once i took off the plastic i knew i had a resealed one by the left over glue on top.

You can barely see how they glued it back.

Here is how the resealer glued it closed, you can compare that to the factory glue on the bottom further down.

Here is a picture of the bottom, which still has the factory glue.

Images don't want to load correctly so here is a link to the album.

https://imgur.com/a/PeNNCPr

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Thu May 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Oh wow! Haha you have to wonder in their head how going through all that time, effort, supplies, etc. is worth the $6 they are saving? I guess the kind of people that reseal toys to return to the store (or just plain steal) aren't the best at understanding long term costs though. :P
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Thu May 02, 2019 7:20 pm

Force951 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:Oh wow. If you snapped any pics, please don't hesitate to post them. Sheesh [-(

Went by target today and they had MM's with 4 different kinds of plastic wrap on them. Thought i picked the correct one, but found out shortly after leaving the store i didn't.

Once i took off the plastic i knew i had a resealed one by the left over glue on top.

Here is how the resealer glued it closed, you can compare that to the factory glue on the bottom further down.

Eeeeessshh... were you able to return them?
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

Force951

Postby Force951 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:22 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:
Force951 wrote:

Might be able to , but just calling it a learned lesson to not buy any MM's from box stores.

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Thu May 02, 2019 7:26 pm

Force951 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:
Force951 wrote:

Might be able to , but just calling it a learned lesson to not buy any MM's from box stores.

I hear you :( Sucks man. Definitely thank you for the heads up.
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri May 03, 2019 1:05 pm

g3ohss wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I have seen blatantly opened and resealed minis from walmart back when i was hunting the infinity war line. It was seriously like they didn’t even try to hide the fact that they opened it because it was resealed with packaging tape. Could’ve also been that customers just tear into the boxes and the walmart employees just reseal them not knowing they have been completely compromised.

Sorry laughed really hard that they used packing tape. Sucks about it tho. I understand using the scale but buying and opening them is a whole different thing.

Lol i laughed in store really hard too, so don’t worry. But yeah they are two completely different things
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:53 pm

I have found in laying on the shelf out of box mi is that was a store exclusive. I took it to the register and bought it.
\:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Mr_Wilson

Postby Mr_Wilson » Sat May 04, 2019 12:48 am

I always wonder how it happens in some stores where it is never busy and workers are readily available...
IG: mrwilsonthai
Twitter: WilsonThai

Image Image

AustinBundy65401

Postby AustinBundy65401 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:00 am

I don't think I've come across any that were bought, opened and resealed. But I've also learned not to be surprised by anything these days lol

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sun May 05, 2019 11:39 pm

Force951 wrote:I went to my local B&N to pick up a couple blind boxes. I ended up with a Aladdin Mystery Mini, and a Bob's Burgers Kid Robot Mini. After opening the Bob's i figured out that it had already been opened up and resealed. This made me suspicious of the Mystery Mini, and it also showed signs of this as well. There was also a strong glue smell that makes me think the same thing happened. I know this is a big problem in the Magic community with Wal-Mart and Target product. So i was wondering if anyone else is running into the same issue.

I've encountered this a few times. It makes me sad and angry at the same time. People can be so scandalous!

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Mon May 06, 2019 9:21 am

Wow. I didn’t know people did this. How rude and mean. So sad.

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Mon May 06, 2019 11:47 am

I've seen this happen a lot at FYE. Just some shipping tape over the flaps of the box -_-

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:53 am

imbatgirlpop wrote:Wow. I didn’t know people did this. How rude and mean. So sad.

Yep, it is really bad. Toys r us was the worst. Then Barnes and noble and Walmart. Target doesn't seem to have the problem out here in Bako.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Mon May 06, 2019 12:17 pm

I remember finding two full cases of the Last Jedi Mystery Minis at Walgreens and thought I might have a chance at getting some Walgreens Exclusive that I was missing. Bought a few and went outside to my car to open them and they were Harry Potter Mystery Minis. lol Someone actually went as far as repackaging them with Harry Potter Minis and gluing the blind box and then use saran wrap to make them look new. Horrible. :mad:
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Mon May 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Force951 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:
Force951 wrote:

Yipes!! Sometimes people are so shady! I used to collect Kidrobot Dunnys which are also blind box and Urban Outfitters used to sell them. You gotta double check before you buy them, or I've also opened them in the store before I leave to make sure I wasn't getting hoodwinked! Sometimes larger stores have a tough time not taking things back, or don't really know they shouldn't be opened.

So sorry that happened to you, hopefully it won't happen again!!
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

Hawkeye_13

Postby Hawkeye_13 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:10 pm

Yikes

MzTredecim

Postby MzTredecim » Sat May 18, 2019 5:30 pm

During the release of the Disney Villians, I thought I'd hit the jackpot when I found a nice stack at Walmart; at least 3 boxes worth. Turned out they were opened returns and just closed with Scotch tape.
Funko Collector since 2012!
Collections: GITD / TWD / TMNTs / BTTF / Random Eye-Catchers / Mystery Minis & PSHs

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Sun May 19, 2019 12:35 pm

Force951 wrote:I went to my local B&N to pick up a couple blind boxes. I ended up with a Aladdin Mystery Mini, and a Bob's Burgers Kid Robot Mini. After opening the Bob's i figured out that it had already been opened up and resealed. This made me suspicious of the Mystery Mini, and it also showed signs of this as well. There was also a strong glue smell that makes me think the same thing happened. I know this is a big problem in the Magic community with Wal-Mart and Target product. So i was wondering if anyone else is running into the same issue.

I'm sure it happens more often than we think. Definitely shady.

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Mon May 20, 2019 6:42 pm

So frustrating. Hunt like the rest of us. Ruthless people out there.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

GrabtharsHammer

Postby GrabtharsHammer » Tue May 21, 2019 4:36 pm

Yep. I bought a MM at target, got excited and opened it the parking lot just to realize someone had put a Looney Tunes 1/6 MM in there by opening and re-gluing the bottom. Went straight back in to return and thankfully had no issue getting my money back.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:02 am

Opening any sealed product should be straight up not returnable (unless it's defective). Taking the effort to return it after opening it by tape, glue... whatever seems really petty. To each their own I guess, but yea I think there should be no return policy for mystery minis for all retail locations. Now kids or people straight up tearing into them at the store is a vandalism problem. I wouldn't be happy opening a resealed mini, I usually open them in store or my car before I leave though haha.

Nellekeller

Postby Nellekeller » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:28 pm

I think mystery minis should be non-returnable. I have seen kids rip them open and if that is the case either damage it or mark its been opened with whats inside

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Nellekeller wrote:I think mystery minis should be non-returnable. I have seen kids rip them open and if that is the case either damage it or mark its been opened with whats inside

I'd agree with this. I also am not a fan of weighing the minis in store. It essentially ruins it for everyone.
ImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”