Resealed Mystery Mini's

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Force951

Resealed Mystery Mini's

Postby Force951 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:25 pm

I went to my local B&N to pick up a couple blind boxes. I ended up with a Aladdin Mystery Mini, and a Bob's Burgers Kid Robot Mini. After opening the Bob's i figured out that it had already been opened up and resealed. This made me suspicious of the Mystery Mini, and it also showed signs of this as well. There was also a strong glue smell that makes me think the same thing happened. I know this is a big problem in the Magic community with Wal-Mart and Target product. So i was wondering if anyone else is running into the same issue.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Resealed Mystery Mini's

Postby lavery01 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:49 pm

No I have never experienced this before. Wow people are so shady that does this. Smh..
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:07 am

Yeah it's sadly a thing. I can't verify it's happened, but I've seen some boxes wrapped up really obviously resealed as far back as Sci-Fi series 1. Fortunately many stores have a no return policy on items like that nowadays. Some stores don't though, or don't know about it, or some maybe even not care.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:27 am

I have never encounter tat before.. Isn't it there's a plastic wrap for the MM?
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:29 am

I've bought from Gamestop and been sent opened ones in a Gamestop clear sealed bag thing (like they sell used amiibo and skylanders figuures in).. it was clearance price so I just kept it but if I had paid full price I would have returned it for sure. I can't remember what it was, but it wasn't great and it didn't suck it was middle of the road lol

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:59 am

ShyGuyPal wrote:Yeah it's sadly a thing. I can't verify it's happened, but I've seen some boxes wrapped up really obviously resealed as far back as Sci-Fi series 1. Fortunately many stores have a no return policy on items like that nowadays. Some stores don't though, or don't know about it, or some maybe even not care.

I have seen open ones at the store... where people open them discreetly before purchasing and then hide them behind others if it's not something they want. Cmon people! If I am looking for something specific, I try to feel the weight of the mini and give it a shake to see if I can anticipate the shape of it...but ultimately take a gamble like the rest of us. I've had great luck with the new GoT MM.
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Force951

Postby Force951 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:52 am

Rantt wrote:I have never encounter tat before.. Isn't it there's a plastic wrap for the MM?

There is nothing printed on the wrap, so you can just put your own plastic wrap on.

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:06 pm

Oh wow. If you snapped any pics, please don't hesitate to post them. Sheesh [-(
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:08 am

Ive always thought that you couldn't return them after purchase. Ive seen opened ones in the store and that's sad. Just buy a few and hope. Thats half the fun unveiling them and being excited or disappointed.
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:48 pm

I have seen where stores have repacked open items, but they usually make it obvious it was repackaged and sometimes even mark what is inside the box since it was already opened. Some stores like Gamestop or some Hot Topics just put the item in a clear baggie and resell it like that. Which I think is not a big deal since they are being transparent that the product has been tampered with,

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:25 pm

I've seen this at a couple local Walgreens. I assume the Walgreens employees don't know that they should be sealed and accept the return. I have also seen horror stories about people putting rocks or garbage in the boxes for weight :(
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:32 pm

My Barnes and noble and Walgreens are notorious for have g resealed minis. Barnes tried to tell me, its them who reseal the ones people or kids open. I said, no, it's returns your accepting. I then bought 2 walking dead in front of her, then opened them, and showed her they were Barbie and a fallout 1/6 inside. She let me return them.... and said they would look into the matter. BUT those same resealed walking dead boxs are still on th shelf. ](*,)
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:20 pm

Shalee04 wrote:My Barnes and noble and Walgreens are notorious for have g resealed minis. Barnes tried to tell me, its them who reseal the ones people or kids open. I said, no, it's returns your accepting. I then bought 2 walking dead in front of her, then opened them, and showed her they were Barbie and a fallout 1/6 inside. She let me return them.... and said they would look into the matter. BUT those same resealed walking dead boxs are still on th shelf. ](*,)

Lame, you'd think it would be easier for them to just damage it out rather than have people return it multiple times (or make someone upset that it's not correct).
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:03 pm

A-Okay wrote:
ShyGuyPal wrote:Yeah it's sadly a thing. I can't verify it's happened, but I've seen some boxes wrapped up really obviously resealed as far back as Sci-Fi series 1. Fortunately many stores have a no return policy on items like that nowadays. Some stores don't though, or don't know about it, or some maybe even not care.

I have seen open ones at the store... where people open them discreetly before purchasing and then hide them behind others if it's not something they want. Cmon people! If I am looking for something specific, I try to feel the weight of the mini and give it a shake to see if I can anticipate the shape of it...but ultimately take a gamble like the rest of us. I've had great luck with the new GoT MM.

This is really bad at the two walmarts by me that that put up a camera right by the funk section. Just recently I went to a michaels and I think almost all the minis were ripped to shred and opened.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:47 am

Ugh. It’s just like the jerks who steal BAF parts from Legends figures.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 am

I have seen blatantly opened and resealed minis from walmart back when i was hunting the infinity war line. It was seriously like they didn’t even try to hide the fact that they opened it because it was resealed with packaging tape. Could’ve also been that customers just tear into the boxes and the walmart employees just reseal them not knowing they have been completely compromised.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:55 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:I have seen blatantly opened and resealed minis from walmart back when i was hunting the infinity war line. It was seriously like they didn’t even try to hide the fact that they opened it because it was resealed with packaging tape. Could’ve also been that customers just tear into the boxes and the walmart employees just reseal them not knowing they have been completely compromised.

True, I think sometimes Walmart employees don't know or care that they are already opened, they are just instructed to repair it so someone else can buy it. I have seen that at my local Walmart as well.
ISO Mystery Minis!

SHERFEY

Postby SHERFEY » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:36 pm

Force951 wrote:I went to my local B&N to pick up a couple blind boxes. I ended up with a Aladdin Mystery Mini, and a Bob's Burgers Kid Robot Mini. After opening the Bob's i figured out that it had already been opened up and resealed. This made me suspicious of the Mystery Mini, and it also showed signs of this as well. There was also a strong glue smell that makes me think the same thing happened. I know this is a big problem in the Magic community with Wal-Mart and Target product. So i was wondering if anyone else is running into the same issue.

This is incredibly disappointing.
Utinni!!

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:03 am

Force951 wrote:I went to my local B&N to pick up a couple blind boxes. I ended up with a Aladdin Mystery Mini, and a Bob's Burgers Kid Robot Mini. After opening the Bob's i figured out that it had already been opened up and resealed. This made me suspicious of the Mystery Mini, and it also showed signs of this as well. There was also a strong glue smell that makes me think the same thing happened. I know this is a big problem in the Magic community with Wal-Mart and Target product. So i was wondering if anyone else is running into the same issue.

Yes. I have seen psh with whole punches, mismatched plastic wraps and straight up opened and left.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:31 am

Shalee04 wrote:My Barnes and noble and Walgreens are notorious for have g resealed minis. Barnes tried to tell me, its them who reseal the ones people or kids open. I said, no, it's returns your accepting. I then bought 2 walking dead in front of her, then opened them, and showed her they were Barbie and a fallout 1/6 inside. She let me return them.... and said they would look into the matter. BUT those same resealed walking dead boxs are still on th shelf. ](*,)

I had the same issue at a Walgreens - there was an opened Star Wars on the shelf, and for giggles, I poked at the bag to see what it was - a sorting hat Hermione, of all things. I took the box up to the counter, and spoke to the employee up there about it - something like "I know full well that you aren't the person responsible for this, but you might want to pass it up the chain that any of these not still sealed in plastic wrap are likely tampered with".

On that note, struck up a conversation with a Target employee recently who said that even after the MM boxes are opened, we can take them back. I'm not sure I believe that's what happens up at the front counter...but beware any MM not in shrink wrap!!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:20 am

Katers wrote:

I had the same issue at a Walgreens - there was an opened Star Wars on the shelf, and for giggles, I poked at the bag to see what it was - a sorting hat Hermione, of all things. I took the box up to the counter, and spoke to the employee up there about it - something like "I know full well that you aren't the person responsible for this, but you might want to pass it up the chain that any of these not still sealed in plastic wrap are likely tampered with".

On that note, struck up a conversation with a Target employee recently who said that even after the MM boxes are opened, we can take them back. I'm not sure I believe that's what happens up at the front counter...but beware any MM not in shrink wrap!!

Target's return policy is too good in this case!
ISO Mystery Minis!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:24 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

Target's return policy is too good in this case!

Seriously, who do they think they are? REI or Nordstrom??
Image ImageImage Image

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:58 am

Resealing sucks. I hate finding those opened.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:35 pm

I encountered some very obviously re-sealed Infinity War minis at wal-mart. No shrink wrap and it looked like the boxes had been hot-glued back together. I know some mini lines don't use shrink wrap (like the mad max line), which makes it harder for store employees to figure out that a mini has been tampered with. Can't really expect them to memorize which Funko products are supposed to be shrink wrapped and which ones aren't, and if the store allows returns on minis then there isn't much the employees can do if the boxes look sealed, still.

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:46 pm

Stores should have a no-return policy for any blind bag items. Resealing is too easy.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:11 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:Stores should have a no-return policy for any blind bag items. Resealing is too easy.

I agree. No,returns!!!!
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:18 pm

Shalee04 wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:Stores should have a no-return policy for any blind bag items. Resealing is too easy.

I agree. No,returns!!!!

Right? Though I would imagine it would be hard for big chain stores like Target and Walmart to implement these, what with all of the other stuff they sell. Hot Topics and Gamestops should be able to implement them easily though, or maybe they already have.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:25 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:

I agree. No,returns!!!!

Right? Though I would imagine it would be hard for big chain stores like Target and Walmart to implement these, what with all of the other stuff they sell. Hot Topics and Gamestops should be able to implement them easily though, or maybe they already have.

My local Hot Topics have for sure, even if they are sealed. I haven't tried returning to Gamestop before. Target and Walmart probably don't care in the long run because they just expense things that are damaged, or they put it on clearance and it will sell eventually. They are so big they can take the hit of a few dollars cost differences.
ISO Mystery Minis!

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:52 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:

I agree. No,returns!!!!

I think it depends on the HT. The ones here usually won't let people return minis, but it can also depend on which employee you get. I've never personally tried, but have heard the manager at my local HT complain about people buying up cases, taking them home and weighing them/opening them to find the good ones, and then returning the rest of the case. She called around to other managers and told them to not allow people to do that.

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:01 pm

Haven’t had it happen before, but it does not surprise me at all :(
Instagram- calebshiny

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:20 pm

A few bad apples gotta ruin things for everyone. Probably the same people that post Avengers spoilers in unrelated comment threads.
Poppin'

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:34 pm

I've seen opened MM boxes on the floor before, but I don't think I've ever ran into a re-glue situation. I was under the impression that Funko now shrink wraps each blind box?

I DEFINITELY see blind boxes from other companies that use sticker seals which are cut or have clearly been picked at. It's unfortunate, but between flippers and children there's always someone messing with them.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Force951

Postby Force951 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:40 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:I've seen opened MM boxes on the floor before, but I don't think I've ever ran into a re-glue situation. I was under the impression that Funko now shrink wraps each blind box?

I DEFINITELY see blind boxes from other companies that use sticker seals which are cut or have clearly been picked at. It's unfortunate, but between flippers and children there's always someone messing with them.

Shrink wrap isn't hard to redo.

calpolo17

Postby calpolo17 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:27 am

My local Target won't accept. I've seen tons of open ones at B&N though. Its a shame.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed May 01, 2019 11:48 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:I've seen opened MM boxes on the floor before, but I don't think I've ever ran into a re-glue situation. I was under the impression that Funko now shrink wraps each blind box?

I did luck out with an opened one that was in store. I was at Hot Topic and they had some resealed Harry Potter ones, so I asked what happened. The cashier said that a young kid had opened a bunch without his mom seeing so they resealed them to try to recoup the money. I asked her if she knew what was inside and she said "a fuzzy cat one" and so I bought it lol
ISO Mystery Minis!

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Wed May 01, 2019 12:18 pm

Damn some people are so shady. Stores should not be able to accept blind boxes as returns.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Wed May 01, 2019 12:38 pm

kihou wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I have seen blatantly opened and resealed minis from walmart back when i was hunting the infinity war line. It was seriously like they didn’t even try to hide the fact that they opened it because it was resealed with packaging tape. Could’ve also been that customers just tear into the boxes and the walmart employees just reseal them not knowing they have been completely compromised.

True, I think sometimes Walmart employees don't know or care that they are already opened, they are just instructed to repair it so someone else can buy it. I have seen that at my local Walmart as well.

I have seen minis and Pops at my local Walmart that were re-sealed or repaired with clear packing tape. They don't care if they are collectibles or if the minis have been opened. They just tape them up and restock them.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

g3ohss

Postby g3ohss » Wed May 01, 2019 7:22 pm

Happened to me at target before the plastic seal surrounding the box wasn’t there and the boxes were resealed with a glue gun it looked like. Someone was def feeling around for them
Hi I’m Geo :) IG: @g3ohss
ImageImageImageImage

g3ohss

Postby g3ohss » Wed May 01, 2019 7:23 pm

Sorry laughed really hard that they used packing tape. Sucks about it tho. I understand using the scale but buying and opening them is a whole different thing.
Hi I’m Geo :) IG: @g3ohss
ImageImageImageImage

Charger14

Postby Charger14 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:50 am

Some people have way too much time on their hands
WOBBLER WANT LIST:
GROOVY GHOULIES - MUST HAVE
HECKLE & JECKLE
20" GALACTUS