Non-exclusive cases at exclusive stores?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
buried_by_pops

Non-exclusive cases at exclusive stores?

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 am

So, Gamestop has two versions of Spiderman - Far from Home Minis on their website right now for pre-order. They are the same price, but have different release dates and only one of them says "only at Gamestop". Similarly, while there is only one pre-order available for Ghostbusters minis and it does say "only at Gamestop", the picture shown is of the common assortment, not the assortment with the Gamestop exclusives. Having pre-ordered a case of the Ghostbusters ones over a month ago, I guess my question is: do stores with exclusives also sell non-exclusive cases? If not, I will stop worrying and look forward to my burning Marshmallow Man and even consider getting some of the Spiderman ones. If so, WT absolute F is that nonsense?

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Re: Non-exclusive cases at exclusive stores?

Postby Geescube » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:43 am

Hot Topic Does for 100% sure so do Target and WM too. I think many stores typically get their exclusive cases in first then get restocks of those exc cases and then move on to the common non exc cases. That seems to be the pattern.

I dont know abt GS off top of my head. Id go by what your listing says vs the picture it has. They probably just made a mistake w/the image. When the time comes if the physical item in hand proves to be the other way around just explain that and process your refund.
Last edited by Geescube on Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:44 am

I can’t exactly remember with GameStop, but I know for a fact that Target has done this before. For Stranger Things they got a few shipments of exclusive cases and then all my stores started stocking common cases. Hopefully it’s just a photo error and you’ll get the exclusive case!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:43 am

Thanks for the responses. Like Geescube said, at least I can tell if they are exclusive before I open any, so I can return them, but this is a wrinkle I did not anticipate as a relatively new collector.

nerdgirlcustoms

Postby nerdgirlcustoms » Fri May 03, 2019 11:23 pm

I've seen exclusive boxes go to the wrong retailer, too! GS exclusives were spotted at Target for a few of the lines.

AustinBundy65401

Postby AustinBundy65401 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:09 am

I've seen this happen before. i've also seen one single box end up with multiple minis inside.

Return to “Blind Bags”