Where do you place your Mystery Minis?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Wild_Flower85

Re: Where do you place your Mystery Minis?

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:34 pm

They have their own little house as well as two tiny shelves.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue May 14, 2019 2:37 pm

in a large cardboard box, inside their original blind box and black bag. :)

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Geescube wrote:in a large cardboard box, inside their original blind box and black bag. :)

Never to be seen again lol
Stay On The Good Vibes!!!

ISO Right Now: The OG Toy Story Line, Mr. Krabs, The Hobbit, and Benson from The Regular Show (will get crazier as years pass)
Current Top 3:Leonardo SpongeBob & Shredder Plankton 2014 SDCC, Fry and Leela 2015 NYCC, Freddy Funko Pennywise
Current Goal: Make it to my first Funko Fundays!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue May 14, 2019 5:07 pm

ThePoppler710 wrote:
Geescube wrote:in a large cardboard box, inside their original blind box and black bag. :)

Yes. I just get to know that i have it. LOL so silly huh?

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:41 am

Geescube wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:

Yes. I just get to know that i have it. LOL so silly huh?

Not even, Funko is all about collecting whether you display them OOB, in box, or in a box tucked away somewhere safe, all that matters is that it makes you happy!!! Its all about having fun right?

ISO Right Now: The OG Toy Story Line, Mr. Krabs, The Hobbit, and Benson from The Regular Show (will get crazier as years pass)
Current Top 3:Leonardo SpongeBob & Shredder Plankton 2014 SDCC, Fry and Leela 2015 NYCC, Freddy Funko Pennywise

DeejayDaffy

Postby DeejayDaffy » Wed May 15, 2019 4:29 am

Most of mine currently reside in shot glass display's from Michaels. The ones that don't fit are on the tops. Of course there are some scattered ones here and there. They great travel size items so I always keep some in my dj bag for cool photo op's in different places.

Annie_May13

Postby Annie_May13 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:30 am

Mine are on my dresser for now along with my psh set or in a ziplock bag waiting for somewhere in my room to call home...but since I’m moving in 2 months I may just wait to unpack them and put them in that shot glass display one of my fellow Funko friends got me for Christmas last year once I get into my new place with the future hubby
༻❀༺Girly girl from Texas who loves pink༻❀༺

༻♥༺Dream Pops: Studio Ghibli, Cardcaptor Sakura, more Sailor Moon, Rogue, Pokemon, and FruBa༻♥༺

Image Image ImageImage

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:13 am

Annie_May13 wrote:Mine are on my dresser for now along with my psh set or in a ziplock bag waiting for somewhere in my room to call home...but since I’m moving in 2 months I may just wait to unpack them and put them in that shot glass display one of my fellow Funko friends got me for Christmas last year once I get into my new place with the future hubby

I need to get me one of those!!

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Thu May 16, 2019 7:51 am

Mine... are currently in a bin. On the floor. XD

I had them in those little two tier boxes from the Container Store for a bit but I couldn't fit an entire series in one case which bugged me (I have completed the LotR series and HP series 1 and 2), and I don't have a great place to put those cases, either. I'm trying to find a better solution, preferably something like those shot glass displays but without the individual compartments, I'd really prefer just plain little shelves with the glass door in front. Has anyone modified one of those displays to look this way? Or know of a different, similar option? I have a perfect place on my wall to put these if I can find a decent display option, I just haven't found it yet. And I'd really like to get my favorites out of the bin XD
Hi! My name is Amber | Twitter: @AmberRaden
Collecting since 2013 | FunKlub member #1998 since October 2016
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022

ISO Protos (Doctor Who, Quidditch, Daenerys, Game of Thrones Dragons, HALO)

g3ohss

Postby g3ohss » Thu May 16, 2019 12:57 pm

ThePoppler710 wrote:

Hahahahah couldn’t help but spit my drink out. Good one.
I normally put em right in front of all the pops lined up
Hi I’m Geo :) IG: @g3ohss
ImageImageImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu May 16, 2019 12:59 pm

If the Mystery Mini has a Pop! to match with, I put it right in front of the Pop! If it doesn't have a Pop! to go with, then I just put it wherever I can!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:14 pm

I have my sets in these

Love how they look all in order. They also have bigger ones for the larger sets.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/multi- ... &q=display case
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Esko5150 wrote:I have my sets in these

Love how they look all in order. They also have bigger ones for the larger sets.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/multi- ... &q=display case

Woah!!!! This is sick!!! I am going to get a few of these!!!

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Fri May 24, 2019 3:31 pm

Most are paired up with their Pop (and sometimes PSH/Pocket too) and inside a case. Almost all of the rest are in the container store three tier display boxes.
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:56 pm

I only have 2 so far and they are still in their boxes...is that weird?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:17 am

I've got these weird plastic display cases kinda like the ones from The Container Store that everyone is sharing. They stack pretty well and only cost like $5 each at my local Daiso store.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EXBWC ... XFDK&psc=1

I originally had multiple hanging shot glass cases which looked great, but they're heavy and I didn't trust them to stay in place during an earthquake even with wall anchors.
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

Tmarie_82

Postby Tmarie_82 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:23 am

I like to put my favorite ones on the shelf with my other pops

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:53 am

most of mine are in those $10 container store display cases. But some of the larger sets are in the $40 container store completely clear cases. I have to admit those look nicer and display the figures much better, but they are so pricey...
Some sets I just have out like HP, and GOT. But my LotR are in a bat case with the LotR pops.
:freddy3:
[ig]https://www.instagram.com/funko_phan26/[/ig]

Fundays 2022, Blacklight Battle
Fright Night II NYCC 2022
FOTW 2/24/18
FOTW 11/30/22

ISO: Black Panther Protos Rick and Morty Mystery Mini Protos.
Been collecting since 2016. FoTW Feb 2018. Check out my toy photography on Instagram!

Supernatural101

Postby Supernatural101 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:27 am

I have a rick and morty desk lamp and on it I glued the noob noob mystery mini where he’s cleaning ricks poop up to the lamp base and I laugh at it every time I turn my lamp off lol

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:47 am

I have my EG set on my desk at work. I love Marvel and thought the detail on the EG set was phenomenal so I like appreciating them while at work. I have my full S4 GoT set at home on display with my favorite Pops. And I have a few of the FFH ones that I plan to display somewhere but I need a few more before I really try to find them a place.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:13 am

Shinfo13 wrote:I've got these weird plastic display cases kinda like the ones from The Container Store that everyone is sharing. They stack pretty well and only cost like $5 each at my local Daiso store.

I originally had multiple hanging shot glass cases which looked great, but they're heavy and I didn't trust them to stay in place during an earthquake even with wall anchors.

I use similar ones to that from Daiso for Pop/mini displays. The ones I get are a bit bigger and have a step. Such life savers for avoiding dust.

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:03 am

BadEugoogolizer wrote:
Shinfo13 wrote:I've got these weird plastic display cases kinda like the ones from The Container Store that everyone is sharing. They stack pretty well and only cost like $5 each at my local Daiso store.

I use similar ones to that from Daiso for Pop/mini displays. The ones I get are a bit bigger and have a step. Such life savers for avoiding dust.

I have 2 kinda local stores and neither of them have ever had those ones with the steps so I just gave up and went with these a few months back. I'll upgrade eventually but they truly are a lifesaver when it comes to dust
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:01 am

Shinfo13 wrote:
BadEugoogolizer wrote:

I have 2 kinda local stores and neither of them have ever had those ones with the steps so I just gave up and went with these a few months back. I'll upgrade eventually but they truly are a lifesaver when it comes to dust

Ah, I see. For like a year, all four locations near me didn't have any and then one day, bam! So I grabbed 8 of em. They did put em up online a few months back. If you do want em eventually, keep this link monitored. They remove the item page while it's sold out, but I saw em go in stock a couple times on that same link.

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:55 pm

The cases from the Container Store are the best! Some putty to keep them from falling and it's good to go. The hardest part is trying not to overcrowd them. Some minis are just huge! Lol

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:31 pm

I just started...I placed the on the nightstand in one of the guestrooms lol

The68th

Postby The68th » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:28 pm

I keep the display cases and use them to display the minis...

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:17 pm

The68th wrote:I keep the display cases and use them to display the minis...

Now that is a good one [-o<

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:04 pm

ThePoppler710 wrote:
The68th wrote:I keep the display cases and use them to display the minis...

Now that is a good one [-o<

Definitely dig this! I often keep the cases but can never figure out what to do with them after that point lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:43 pm

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:I use display cases from the container store and to make sure they dont fall. I use tacky glue and it works perfect I can even turn the case upside down and it would hold the mini in place

I do the same and use the tacky stuff from Michaels. Works like a charm!!!!!!

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:22 pm

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:I use display cases from the container store and to make sure they dont fall. I use tacky glue and it works perfect I can even turn the case upside down and it would hold the mini in place

Doesn't that affect the paint when you try removing a mini off the glue?

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:27 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:So, my basement has a bar area that was there when we moved in and I don’t drink, so, it became my Mini Bar lol some shelves I have sets grouped together then I have the others on the shelves in these

Love your display there. I was looking at this case or something similar at Michael's. I live in a desert area, so dirt easily comes into the house. So I'm basically looking for display's that seal up really good, so my minis or pops don't get dirty. That pun lol lol

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:55 pm

nightbodega wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:So, my basement has a bar area that was there when we moved in and I don’t drink, so, it became my Mini Bar lol some shelves I have sets grouped together then I have the others on the shelves in these

Love your display there. I was looking at this case or something similar at Michael's. I live in a desert area, so dirt easily comes into the house. So I'm basically looking for display's that seal up really good, so my minis or pops don't get dirty. That pun lol lol

lol can’t help myself from a good old fashioned pun. The display comes from the container store. They’re about $10 each and I think there’s a bigger one too that’s more expensive but maybe is a little more high quality. If you don’t have a container store they’re on their website too
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:07 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

lol can’t help myself from a good old fashioned pun. The display comes from the container store. They’re about $10 each and I think there’s a bigger one too that’s more expensive but maybe is a little more high quality. If you don’t have a container store they’re on their website too

lol. I do like puns. $10 is one heck of a deal. Thanks for telling me what store. Haven't been inside one of those stores yet. Will have to now.

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:13 am

Kwik_One wrote:

I do the same and use the tacky stuff from Michaels. Works like a charm!!!!!!

Yes, I need to buy some more now lol
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:16 am

nightbodega wrote:

I think its called tacky glue lol, it's kind off like a piece of gum it holds it in place. I have removed it from some of my minis and it didnt damage it at all
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:27 am

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

I think its called tacky glue lol, it's kind off like a piece of gum it holds it in place. I have removed it from some of my minis and it didnt damage it at all

Nice to know. Thanks for letting me know it does not damage the mini.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:27 am

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:28 am

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:29 am

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:58 am

I display mine for a bit after I open them. Eventually, they all go in a big Ziploc bag when I pick up another line.

Return to “Blind Bags”