SDCC Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
L3g3nD33

SDCC Minis

Postby L3g3nD33 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:11 pm

Anyone think Funko has some minis at SDCC this year?

Also, when was the last time they had minis at SDCC? I just started collecting recently but IIRC wasn't there a Spider-Man mini SDCC exclusive...
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

Mr Yac

Re: SDCC Minis

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:46 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:Anyone think Funko has some minis at SDCC this year?

Also, when was the last time they had minis at SDCC? I just started collecting recently but IIRC wasn't there a Spider-Man mini SDCC exclusive...

if you mean mini exclusives I don't think they've ever had them, could be wrong though.

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:07 pm

I don’t remember Funko ever having SDCC Funko Mini exclusives
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:08 pm

Doubtful.

2014 was last time with Marvel, GoT in memorium and Disney.

There mustve been a reason why they stopped. I dont see them resurrecting that, but its not impossible.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

if you mean mini exclusives I don't think they've ever had them, could be wrong though.

Back in 2014 they had the Game of Thrones In Memoriam series as well as well as a Marvel set and a Disney one. That was howewer also the last year you could walk into the booth to pick your own items and the last appearance of Re-Action figures at the Funko SDCC booth. I seriously doubt we'll see mystery mini SDCC exclusives again. :/ The ones available that year are below for reference.

Image Image
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 pm

I've wondered this myself. Mini exclusives would be awesome! If the mystery part was included, though, that would be quite the nightmare lol
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:24 pm

It would be nice but I highly doubt it.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:29 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:I've wondered this myself. Mini exclusives would be awesome! If the mystery part was included, though, that would be quite the nightmare lol

I believe the ratios were 1/12. so if you bought a shipper or pdq that wasnt messed with you'd get everything.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Geescube wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I've wondered this myself. Mini exclusives would be awesome! If the mystery part was included, though, that would be quite the nightmare lol

I believe the ratios were 1/12. so if you bought a shipper or pdq that wasnt messed with you'd get everything.

Oh, that's awesome!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:35 pm

Libertyroxx wrote:

Back in 2014 they had the Game of Thrones In Memoriam series as well as well as a Marvel set and a Disney one. That was howewer also the last year you could walk into the booth to pick your own items and the last appearance of Re-Action figures at the Funko SDCC booth. I seriously doubt we'll see mystery mini SDCC exclusives again. :/ The ones available that year are below for reference.

even though I've got dead Tywin right here on my desk I totally forgot about that series!

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:57 pm

I wouldn't think they will have exclusive minis at sdcc, but they have surprised us all many times before with products.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:

even though I've got dead Tywin right here on my desk I totally forgot about that series!

It's easy to do. There's so many products and lines now I forget about things all the time!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

9fingerdevil

Postby 9fingerdevil » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:26 pm

I use to have the sdcc gitd cheshire cat mini but have slowly been selling off my minis

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:28 pm

They don’t do them anymore because it was a flop. I remember seeing whole cases on Gemini clearance for months at like 40% off at least. Minis just aren’t popular amongst a minority’s of the community, nobody’s perfect.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:59 pm

Oh man, no please. Unless it's shared and not a mystery. I'd be ok with that. A $5-7 mini in a box. Or a small multi-pack, but not mystery. I'm not big on mystery things anyway, but a convention mystery would make me cry.
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:41 pm

Maybe they can drop some sdcc mini's at the new secondary booth? I'd be game for that.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:14 am

Geescube wrote:

Doubtful.

There mustve been a reason why they stopped. I dont see them resurrecting that, but its not impossible.

My take: Probably because it's a blind box. You don't know what you are getting. They just made sure that whatever you buy in the Con, it's really what you like, no need to "gamble" just to get what you want. :D
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:38 am

renardchua wrote:
My take: Probably because it's a blind box. You don't know what you are getting. They just made sure that whatever you buy in the Con, it's really what you like, no need to "gamble" just to get what you want. :D

1/12 ratio tho.... so u buy an entire case and u get the set. At the time I think Minis werent popular. Plus the marvel and disney styles back then were...... interesting. :D The styles have evolved considerably. Im for one am thankful that they havent brought mini exclusives to con, since. One less thing to worry about.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:43 pm

Geescube wrote:
renardchua wrote:

1/12 ratio tho.... so u buy an entire case and u get the set. At the time I think Minis werent popular. Plus the marvel and disney styles back then were...... interesting. :D The styles have evolved considerably. Im for one am thankful that they havent brought mini exclusives to con, since. One less thing to worry about.

Well, that's true as well for the ratios if everything was 1/12.

And, yes, I definitely agree with you, the Minis of the yesterdays were not as great as it is currently now. and I think they already found the right strategy in selling the minis in placing the "chase" pieces as store exclusives, rather than con exclusives. Hopefully this strategy continues.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Libertyroxx wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Image Image

Man, those were the days.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

keyese

Postby keyese » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44 pm

I would love some, especially if they had them in boxes you could see through like the Winnie the Pooh set.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44 pm

dcooperfl wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Image Image

DC, you are still the mini's king in my eyes.

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:48 pm

There was the Mickey Mouse mini two-pack at NYCC last year if those count.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:54 pm

Geescube wrote:
renardchua wrote:

I would be fine with them having an SDCC set if it was 1/12. The way I look at it would be like the really LE stuff they have at the con. If I manage to get into the booth and snag it, YAY! (hasn't happened yet). If I don't get in, I either move on or I look for it in the secondary market. Think it would be a really cool thing to have, especially with how popular minis are now, and it being SDCC50 this year.
Image ImageImage Image

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:54 am

I think the SDCC Toucan stands a chance to go along with his pop and pez. It could be a set with him in different t shirts from different decades or maybe it’s just a single figure with the sdcc 50th logo.

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 pm

I believe it's another company that releases their own brand of mystery minis. I won't mention the company here, just in case it's not allowed.

Skinnie311

Postby Skinnie311 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:23 pm

With them having 2 booths and over 75 items this year, I wouldn't put it past them to throw some mini's in the mix
:freddy1: ImageImage

beachball48

Postby beachball48 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:04 pm

I think they could do some exclusives if they used the format they used for Mickey and Winnie sets.
I'd be up for a couple minis that were missing from recent sets, especially Toy Story!
I'd love Slinky Dog and Hamm.
Also with Lion King coming down the pipes and the recent Zazu mini, a 3-pack hyena set would be amazing!
Ad Icons releasing soon would also be a great set to throw in an exclusive or two.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Anything is possible with Funko. We get surprise announcements all the time. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:42 pm

beachball48 wrote:I think they could do some exclusives if they used the format they used for Mickey and Winnie sets.
I'd be up for a couple minis that were missing from recent sets, especially Toy Story!
I'd love Slinky Dog and Hamm.
Also with Lion King coming down the pipes and the recent Zazu mini, a 3-pack hyena set would be amazing!
Ad Icons releasing soon would also be a great set to throw in an exclusive or two.

Slinky dog and Hamm would be epic to see! Hopefully we won't see anything that's hard to get.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:58 pm

I doubt we'll get minis again at SDCC, but I think it would be fun to see. Never say never though! :D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:55 pm

Oh boy if they did this again I’d hope it would be some kind of 1/12 set or something. No rares please lol
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

post31

Postby post31 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:55 pm

I wish. I would go bananas if they do spastik plastik minis.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:02 am

I’d be all over them. Wish they would.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:10 am

Libertyroxx wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Image Image

Great info, thank you! I had no idea they ever sold exclusive mini's at SDCC. Would love to see something like that again someday. [-o<
:king: Mike

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:33 am

Geescube wrote:

Doubtful.

Didn't you have to buy the whole case? I did for Marvel, but don't recall any other option. Which I would do if they offered minis.

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:35 am

dcooperfl wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Image Image

I agree. That Marvel wave is still some of the best characters/variants, in my opinion! \:D/

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:11 am

PhoenixForce wrote:
Didn't you have to buy the whole case? I did for Marvel, but don't recall any other option. Which I would do if they offered minis.

Genuinely dont recall as far as booth is concerned. All of my SDCC blinds were purchased at barnes & noble

BigPhilV88

Postby BigPhilV88 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:27 am

Skinnie311 wrote:With them having 2 booths and over 75 items this year, I wouldn't put it past them to throw some mini's in the mix

I was just going to say, since there are two booths this year, maybe things will be a bit different and they could include MM or other non Pop items.
:freddy2:

Skinnie311

Postby Skinnie311 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:09 pm

BigPhilV88 wrote:
Skinnie311 wrote:With them having 2 booths and over 75 items this year, I wouldn't put it past them to throw some mini's in the mix

I was just going to say, since there are two booths this year, maybe things will be a bit different and they could include MM or other non Pop items.

I am sure we will definitely see a few more Pez at least. A SDCC Toucan Pop! Tee is probably in the mix as well.
:freddy1: ImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”