Harry Potter Advent Calendar Series 2

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Biohazard125

Re: Harry Potter Advent Calendar Series 2

Postby Biohazard125 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:57 pm

cannot wait to start the advent calendar 1 month left and I'm getting anxious.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:43 am

Biohazard125 wrote:cannot wait to start the advent calendar 1 month left and I'm getting anxious.

I'm kinda wishing they hadn't sold them so early - the waiting on this is making me a little crazy. Every time I walk past the box, I'm, so tempted to open it!
Image ImageImage Image

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:56 pm

We cracked ours in September :D

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:31 am

highlanderfil wrote:We cracked ours in September :D

Carpe diem!! \:D/

I'll be giving my goddaughter the series 1 calendar this Monday so it'll drive her nuts until December 1st. I feel both like an excellent auntie, and really evil....! :devil:
Image ImageImage Image

Biohazard125

Postby Biohazard125 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:57 am

Katers wrote:
Biohazard125 wrote:cannot wait to start the advent calendar 1 month left and I'm getting anxious.

I'm kinda wishing they hadn't sold them so early - the waiting on this is making me a little crazy. Every time I walk past the box, I'm, so tempted to open it!

same it making me alittle crazy also but the season is flying by lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:53 am

Biohazard125 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Seriously, how are we this far into November already?? I need more time to procure all the funko holiday things coming out this year!

Though that reminds me, I need to hide the 2nd series 2 calendar I got for the kid's 2020 present! Yeah...I shop ahead a bit!
Image ImageImage Image

Biohazard125

Postby Biohazard125 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:31 am

Katers wrote:
Biohazard125 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Seriously, how are we this far into November already?? I need more time to procure all the funko holiday things coming out this year!

Though that reminds me, I need to hide the 2nd series 2 calendar I got for the kid's 2020 present! Yeah...I shop ahead a bit!

best way to do things shop ahead but hiding gifts is tricky. lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:10 am

Biohazard125 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Biohazard125 wrote:

best way to do things shop ahead but hiding gifts is tricky. lol

Luckily, this kid is incredibly unobservant about that kind of stuff. I could probably store it on a shelf in her room, and she wouldn't notice. But I actually have a closet dedicated to presents, so it'll stash in there until next November. When I'll likely buy series 3!
Image ImageImage Image

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:15 pm

I haven't picked mine up yet. I guess i should get on that. ;-)
NYCC Five Timer - 2017-2022, 1 Timer - Fright Night

Image Image

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:26 pm

Katers wrote:

I'll be giving my goddaughter the series 1 calendar this Monday so it'll drive her nuts until December 1st. I feel both like an excellent auntie, and really evil....! :devil:

I did that with my friends son lol. Happy birthday on October 30th..here's a really cool fortnite advent calendar you have to wait a month to open
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:42 pm

I just got one today at my local GameStop for an awesome deal of $20

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:32 am

DivineWarrior wrote:

Yikes, how long do they hold it? Some stores send things back after a certain length of time..!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:35 am

A-Okay wrote:
Katers wrote:

I did that with my friends son lol. Happy birthday on October 30th..here's a really cool fortnite advent calendar you have to wait a month to open

:roflmao: oh good, glad it's not just me! Series 2 is safely hidden away for now, and I just need to organize myself by next week to give her series 1 with extra goodies swapped in for those GS exclusive figures. Part of me feels bad about doing that, but the rest of me knows she really won't care, and will be thrilled with the extra things I'm putting inside!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:36 am

Funko_boy13 wrote:I just got one today at my local GameStop for an awesome deal of $20

:cheers: Wohoo sales! At such a great price, you can't pass it up!
Image ImageImage Image

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:48 pm

I'm still doing good waiting to open it, got it back in Sept/Oct
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:34 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:I'm still doing good waiting to open it, got it back in Sept/Oct

I've decided, going forward, that the trick to this will be to buy 2 different advent calendars. That way I can start opening one in November when the "I wants!" get really bad and I feel like my willpower is weakening, but I still want something to open in December!
Image ImageImage Image

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:45 pm

Katers wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:I'm still doing good waiting to open it, got it back in Sept/Oct

I've decided, going forward, that the trick to this will be to buy 2 different advent calendars. That way I can start opening one in November when the "I wants!" get really bad and I feel like my willpower is weakening, but I still want something to open in December!

LOL...good plan
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:20 am

I wouldn't be so disciplined as to wait until "it's time to open them". No flipping way! LOL

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:42 am

Katers wrote:
A-Okay wrote:
Katers wrote:

:roflmao: oh good, glad it's not just me! Series 2 is safely hidden away for now, and I just need to organize myself by next week to give her series 1 with extra goodies swapped in for those GS exclusive figures. Part of me feels bad about doing that, but the rest of me knows she really won't care, and will be thrilled with the extra things I'm putting inside!

Kids are pretty good about that ;)
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:06 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Katers wrote:

LOL...good plan

Great in theory, lacking in practice currently. I was trying to be all responsible, and only bought one this year. (Well, one funko advent calendar). Still keeping my eyes peeled in case that Marvel calendar goes on sale somewhere though!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:07 am

Greymom wrote:I wouldn't be so disciplined as to wait until "it's time to open them". No flipping way! LOL

Well, since I was hiding the kids calendar, I hid mine too. Out of sight, out of temptation range!

Watch me totally forget to start opening it at the right date! Someone remind me when I need to start please!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:08 am

A-Okay wrote:
Katers wrote:
A-Okay wrote:I did that with my friends son lol. Happy birthday on October 30th..here's a really cool fortnite advent calendar you have to wait a month to open

Kids are pretty good about that ;)

And thank goodness for that! I feel better giving her the extra stuff so it's not sitting there as a money waste! She's just starting book 4, so she'll be thrilled to get the Series 1 calendar, and series 2 will be perfect timing!
Image ImageImage Image

Handy123

Postby Handy123 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:26 pm

Who got this last year and what did people do with their minis? I went a little overboard turning mine into baubles for the tree. Yes I know it’s early to have it up but wanted to theme the room.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:31 pm

Handy123 wrote:Who got this last year and what did people do with their minis? I went a little overboard turning mine into baubles for the tree. Yes I know it’s early to have it up but wanted to theme the room.

Sick tree. Honestly I might pass on this year. Mine are sitting in a baggie on my computer desk
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Handy123

Postby Handy123 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:41 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Handy123 wrote:Who got this last year and what did people do with their minis? I went a little overboard turning mine into baubles for the tree. Yes I know it’s early to have it up but wanted to theme the room.

Sick tree. Honestly I might pass on this year. Mine are sitting in a baggie on my computer desk

Cheers my whole room was themed around it and I got a little carried away. I pre ordered it as soon as it came out. But I do have an addictive personality

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:

Yikes, how long do they hold it? Some stores send things back after a certain length of time..!

I'm referring to the 2019 release not series one. ;-)

Image Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:04 am

:cheers: Oh my goodness, I need this in my life! It's amazing, you did a great job! I think you'd be fully justified in leaving that up year round!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:06 am

DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:

I'm referring to the 2019 release not series one. ;-)

That's what I figured, but I've run into stores not holding my things for as long as I thought they would. It varies from store to store, but I believe HT only holds online orders for a week (or thereabouts). Your store must like you!
Image ImageImage Image

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Sorry, i didn't place an order. I just meant I should get out and find one. Most stores in my area have them for quite a while.

Image Image

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:49 pm

The Amazon Treasure Truck sold this new Harry Potter Advent calendar for 33.99 Today :)
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:20 am

MorbidGee wrote:The Amazon Treasure Truck sold this new Harry Potter Advent calendar for 33.99 Today :)

That's a heck of a deal! Hope you scored one :cheers:

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:07 pm

MorbidGee wrote:The Amazon Treasure Truck sold this new Harry Potter Advent calendar for 33.99 Today :)

One of my coworkers came running to tell me about it! Was really glad to tell her that I had scored one from GS Deal of the day for $19.99!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:50 pm

Even though I feel like I know a lot of what I'll be pulling out of this advent calendar, it was still fun today to open the day one slot and pull out the figure! Looking forward to the rest of the set, and hoping for some surprises along the way!
Image ImageImage Image

Biohazard125

Postby Biohazard125 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:34 pm

Katers wrote:Even though I feel like I know a lot of what I'll be pulling out of this advent calendar, it was still fun today to open the day one slot and pull out the figure! Looking forward to the rest of the set, and hoping for some surprises along the way!

So excited to finally open up the advent calendar day by day. This will Definitly be a potter christmas

rtb1980

Postby rtb1980 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:22 am

I finally got one at Hot Topic on Black Friday. They had it marked down to $20, buy one get one 50% off, so I got 2 for $30. One to open this year and one to keep in the collection. :)

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:26 am

I waited this long to open, and then forgot to open it yesterday to start it off XD so I'll have to catch up today :)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:14 pm

rtb1980 wrote:I finally got one at Hot Topic on Black Friday. They had it marked down to $20, buy one get one 50% off, so I got 2 for $30. One to open this year and one to keep in the collection. :)

Wow that's an awesome deal! I'm tempted to get extras and just make little keychains or something out of them XD
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:51 am

Biohazard125 wrote:
Katers wrote:Even though I feel like I know a lot of what I'll be pulling out of this advent calendar, it was still fun today to open the day one slot and pull out the figure! Looking forward to the rest of the set, and hoping for some surprises along the way!

So excited to finally open up the advent calendar day by day. This will Definitly be a potter christmas

It really is. The god-kid is sending me emails each day with which character she opened each morning! Seems like she's having as much fun as I am, which is absolutely the point of this, so I call it a success! Loving figures 1 & 2 so far!
Image ImageImage Image

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:23 am

A-Okay wrote:Really excited they are making more. I usually do the Lego advent calendars with the kids, but year after year you kinda see the same stuff.

LEGO has an advent calendar? This is really cool!! Where have I been? Lol

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:24 am

rtb1980 wrote:I finally got one at Hot Topic on Black Friday. They had it marked down to $20, buy one get one 50% off, so I got 2 for $30. One to open this year and one to keep in the collection. :)

That’s a really good price. Maybe I’ll get one.

Return to “Blind Bags”