Harry Potter Advent Calendar Series 2

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
imbatgirlpop

Re: Harry Potter Advent Calendar Series 2

Postby imbatgirlpop » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:25 am

Katers wrote:
Handy123 wrote:Who got this last year and what did people do with their minis? I went a little overboard turning mine into baubles for the tree. Yes I know it’s early to have it up but wanted to theme the room.

:cheers: Oh my goodness, I need this in my life! It's amazing, you did a great job! I think you'd be fully justified in leaving that up year round!

That is really cool!! I still have unopened blind bags. I should open them and do this or give away as stocking stuffers. Thank you for sharing!!

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 am

Days 2 and 3 were awesome! Love the details on these tiny little figures..!

Got an email from the god-kid saying that day 2 was 'some kind of dragon thing' for her series 1 calendar. I think I hurt something laughing over that one!
Image ImageImage Image

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:01 pm

imbatgirlpop wrote:
A-Okay wrote:Really excited they are making more. I usually do the Lego advent calendars with the kids, but year after year you kinda see the same stuff.

LEGO has an advent calendar? This is really cool!! Where have I been? Lol

Lego has a City and Star Wars Advent calendar normally. This year they added a Harry Potter advent calendar into the mix. :)
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:32 pm

I have to admit that I was disappointed there was no Dobby in this year’s Harry Potter.
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:39 am

I was a bit disappointed as well... I was hoping for a fawkes... or some creature. This years felt a bit boring for me. Dont get me wrong..huge Potter fan here.. BUT for all of them to be the Yule ball version in almost identical tuxedos..just fell flat for me. I am hoping they do a Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them next year.. My favorites from both advent calendars are CROOKSHANKS and HEDWIG.. more creatures please :)
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko

Image Image
ImageImage

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:38 pm

A-Okay wrote:I was a bit disappointed as well... I was hoping for a fawkes... or some creature. This years felt a bit boring for me. Dont get me wrong..huge Potter fan here.. BUT for all of them to be the Yule ball version in almost identical tuxedos..just fell flat for me. I am hoping they do a Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them next year.. My favorites from both advent calendars are CROOKSHANKS and HEDWIG.. more creatures please :)

Exactly.

I had to wonder at why they did Cedric and Neville, since the molds for the body seems very similar.

Mad Eye Moody is freaking awesome though

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:35 am

Pryde72 wrote:
A-Okay wrote:I was a bit disappointed as well... I was hoping for a fawkes... or some creature. This years felt a bit boring for me. Dont get me wrong..huge Potter fan here.. BUT for all of them to be the Yule ball version in almost identical tuxedos..just fell flat for me. I am hoping they do a Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them next year.. My favorites from both advent calendars are CROOKSHANKS and HEDWIG.. more creatures please :)

Exactly.

I had to wonder at why they did Cedric and Neville, since the molds for the body seems very similar.

Yes, I would agree.. madeye moody was pretty awesome :)
Hi, I'm Kelly!

Image Image
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:51 am

Aw nuts, I shouldn't have read in here! I was pretty happy, but now that you mention it, I want a Fawkes! Very true that we got a lot of tuxedos, but I do think they did a good job on the ladies dresses.

My votes next year are more creatures, and some quidditch teams!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:52 am

A-Okay wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:

Exactly.

Yes, I would agree.. madeye moody was pretty awesome :)

My Mad-Eye Moody is perched on a higher shelf so he can be constantly vigilant!
Image ImageImage Image

Handy123

Postby Handy123 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:23 am

imbatgirlpop wrote:
Katers wrote:
Handy123 wrote:Who got this last year and what did people do with their minis? I went a little overboard turning mine into baubles for the tree. Yes I know it’s early to have it up but wanted to theme the room.

:cheers: Oh my goodness, I need this in my life! It's amazing, you did a great job! I think you'd be fully justified in leaving that up year round!

That is really cool!! I still have unopened blind bags. I should open them and do this or give away as stocking stuffers. Thank you for sharing!!

Hey that’s the fun of it is opening and not knowing who it will be.

Handy123

Postby Handy123 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:25 am

Katers wrote:

I think I may be murdered if I did that so will just have to do it all again next year and now to decide what to do with those from this years calendar. Suggestions are welcome lol

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:21 pm

My 10yr old daughter wanted me to get some risers from the container store, and has them displayed with last year’s

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:09 am

Love this years advent! Were there any store exclusives this year?
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:40 am

Handy123 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I think I may be murdered if I did that so will just have to do it all again next year and now to decide what to do with those from this years calendar. Suggestions are welcome lol

Why must people rain on our parades?

As far as creative displays, I am terrible at it...! But I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:41 am

Nis_chac wrote:Love this years advent! Were there any store exclusives this year?

Not that I saw? Really hoping I don't find out about some after the fact!
Image ImageImage Image

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:03 am

Katers wrote:
Nis_chac wrote:Love this years advent! Were there any store exclusives this year?

Same!

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Katers wrote:

Glad there wasn't! Purchasing duplicates to get the whole set is annoying.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:18 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

Seriously! If they limit doing exclusives to ever other year, that won't be so bad, but every year would be really annoying!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

Seriously! If they limit doing exclusives to ever other year, that won't be so bad, but every year would be really annoying!

If they're going to do exclusives, it would be best if it were more than just 3 characters. That sounds like a lot more work for Funko though. But even if they were recolors or something, it would make it more worth buying two sets.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:37 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:Glad there wasn't! Purchasing duplicates to get the whole set is annoying.

If they're going to do exclusives, it would be best if it were more than just 3 characters. That sounds like a lot more work for Funko though. But even if they were recolors or something, it would make it more worth buying two sets.

I'd actually rather each set be distinct so that I'd have absolutely no regrets about purchasing 2 sets!
Image ImageImage Image

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:54 pm

Bought the Advent calendar when it was on sale at HT. I put it away and promptly forgot about it. Typical muggle thing to do!

Return to “Blind Bags”