IT Chapter 2 mystery minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Kal-El-051

Re: IT Chapter 2 mystery minis

Postby Kal-El-051 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:07 am

Was able to get all the Pennywise from this set over the weekend. Had to keep my set complete after the first chapter. Easily the best minis out there in my opinion. Glad this round was easier than the first.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:57 am

A-Okay wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
jshrys7 wrote:man this series is difficult to complete. Lots of 1/72

Exact reason I have no plans to complete this one. I do love this set though and plan on grabbing a few more to go with my series ones for sure

Im only collecting the Pennywises personally.. and i have found them all..woo hoo.. only ended up with 2 duplicates (both open arms pennywise) and 2 of the human characters ;)

My kids were happy to take the dupes off my hands lol

Same here, really find the Pennywise very interesting design.

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:33 pm

I wasn't going to get any of these but I needed to reach the minimum for the HT Nerdette Pop...

They had a mixed case of old ones and new ones, so I bought 4 of the Chapter Two set and got Pennywise with Balloons (craziest mini ever), Georgie (my favourite), Bowers (regular, older one) and Richie. Pretty happy! I didn't get any of the first series but I like these a fair bit. =D>
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:10 pm

Found some in Target today, was going to buy some but the only thing stop me is all boxes were without plastic wrapper. Look like returns to store and maybe resealed. Someone find any without wrapper?

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Lakers wrote:Found some in Target today, was going to buy some but the only thing stop me is all boxes were without plastic wrapper. Look like returns to store and maybe resealed. Someone find any without wrapper?

I have never seen any without the wrapper for purchase. Since all the boxes were missing the wrapper, it seems a little fishy to me... :-k
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:05 am

Lakers wrote:Found some in Target today, was going to buy some but the only thing stop me is all boxes were without plastic wrapper. Look like returns to store and maybe resealed. Someone find any without wrapper?

Nope, all the ones I've seen are wrapped. Sounds like someone glued the boxes back together and returned them.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:05 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

Nope, all the ones I've seen are wrapped. Sounds like someone glued the boxes back together and returned them.

This has been happening quite often in my area lately also. They should definitely have plastic wrap over them

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:07 pm

There's a new It mini coming in the HT It mystery box!
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:14 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:There's a new It mini coming in the HT It mystery box!

Yeah I just saw it. Looks so good.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 pm

TOO. CUTE. Can't wait to get that box!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:37 pm

I saw a case of bombshell minis at Target once without wrappers. The set of 12 was compete. Not sure why they didn’t have wrappers...
It’s me Lynda

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:25 am

Popfanatics wrote:

I saw a case of bombshell minis at Target once without wrappers. The set of 12 was compete. Not sure why they didn’t have wrappers...

In your case maybe is not matter because the odds are 1 in 12, but in this product there are some short print ones so they search them and resealed the boxes

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:37 am

YeetGrimes wrote:TOO. CUTE. Can't wait to get that box!

Same here, it looks AWESOME!. He will look amazing with all of my other Pennywise minis. Really excited for the movie to come out in a few weeks

Sparklepop5

Postby Sparklepop5 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:32 pm

Kal-El-051 wrote:Was able to get all the Pennywise from this set over the weekend. Had to keep my set complete after the first chapter. Easily the best minis out there in my opinion. Glad this round was easier than the first.

Congrats. We are still missing a few.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:21 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:

Same here, it looks AWESOME!. He will look amazing with all of my other Pennywise minis. Really excited for the movie to come out in a few weeks

Mega exited for this mini!

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:10 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

Mega exited for this mini!

Same here. I have almost all the Pennywise’s now and a very special custom one so this one will look fantastic with all of them together :D

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:38 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:

Oh man. He looks so good. That's a must-have for sure.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:15 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

Oh man. He looks so good. That's a must-have for sure.

It is most definitely is. This set and the first series are absolutely one of my favorites

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:28 pm

I got Pennywise with open arms today! 3/21 to go (not counting the collector's box)!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:14 am

There is somebody local to me that does this. Drives me crazy when I see a whole case from afar and discover it’s a box full of returns.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:52 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:

There is somebody local to me that does this. Drives me crazy when I see a whole case from afar and discover it’s a box full of returns.

I know, Target should let them returned it only with the wrapper untouched like when it was purchased. But I think it doesn't matter for them, if they can not sell it they return it to Funko.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:40 pm

Lakers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

I know, Target should let them returned it only with the wrapper untouched like when it was purchased. But I think it doesn't matter for them, if they can not sell it they return it to Funko.

I didn’t know stores could return unsold product to Funko. Makes me wonder why my local stores keep the stuff that isn’t selling at all.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:58 pm

Lakers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Honestly, I doubt the employees even know which sets should be wrapped. Funko doesn't always wrap the minis, so the employees would have to remember which ones have wrappers and which ones don't. Which with as much merchandise as Target sells, that'd be pretty impossible unless the employee processing the return happens to be familiar with that particular set of minis.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:17 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Lakers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Honestly, I doubt the employees even know which sets should be wrapped. Funko doesn't always wrap the minis, so the employees would have to remember which ones have wrappers and which ones don't. Which with as much merchandise as Target sells, that'd be pretty impossible unless the employee processing the return happens to be familiar with that particular set of minis.

All Mystery Minis are wrapped from what I have seen. Or are you talking about blind boxes as a whole from various companies?

Chase_Hunt_Release

Postby Chase_Hunt_Release » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:24 am

Hey fellow horror fans and collectors. I'm on the hunt can anyone please add some weights?

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:48 pm

Lakers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

How do you know they can return it to Funko? Seems like bad business practice for a company that makes their money wholesale.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:23 pm

Kal-El-051 wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Lakers wrote:I know, Target should let them returned it only with the wrapper untouched like when it was purchased. But I think it doesn't matter for them, if they can not sell it they return it to Funko.

All Mystery Minis are wrapped from what I have seen. Or are you talking about blind boxes as a whole from various companies?

A few of the Funko ones have not been wrapped. The Mad Max ones weren't wrapped, for example.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:46 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

A few of the Funko ones have not been wrapped. The Mad Max ones weren't wrapped, for example.

Personally never ran into unwrapped ones straight from Funko. The only unwrapped ones i have ever ran into were returns from the original buyer.

Biohazard125

Postby Biohazard125 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:48 pm

went to a local Walgreen today and bought two boxes one was wrapped and one was unwrapped was lucky enough to get henry bowers bloody 1:72 and mike Hanlon 1:24. This will be haunting me now that I want to get more till I complete the set.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:33 pm

Biohazard125 wrote:went to a local Walgreen today and bought two boxes one was wrapped and one was unwrapped was lucky enough to get henry bowers bloody 1:72 and mike Hanlon 1:24. This will be haunting me now that I want to get more till I complete the set.

That is exactly how they get you hooked! :smt077 Congrats on the awesome pulls!

Biohazard125

Postby Biohazard125 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:47 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
Biohazard125 wrote:went to a local Walgreen today and bought two boxes one was wrapped and one was unwrapped was lucky enough to get henry bowers bloody 1:72 and mike Hanlon 1:24. This will be haunting me now that I want to get more till I complete the set.

thanks i try to stay away but its so hard other then that i love collecting minis

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:23 am

Biohazard125 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

thanks i try to stay away but its so hard other then that i love collecting minis

It can definitely be a rabbit hole but hunting and finding what you need can also be really fun

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:34 am

MattyPHATty wrote:

Thanks for sharing! i hope they have a ton of these boxes and they discount them. The pop looks nice but i really want that mini!

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:51 am

It's funny to me that the Nightmare Before Christmas box that Hot Topic will have this month
Spoiler: show
also has a jack-in-the-box mini lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:03 pm

RBlue30 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

Thanks for sharing! i hope they have a ton of these boxes and they discount them. The pop looks nice but i really want that mini!

Same here, to me the mini is the real winner of the box. Hopefully won’t be too hard to get

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:45 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Same here, it looks AWESOME!. He will look amazing with all of my other Pennywise minis. Really excited for the movie to come out in a few weeks

Spoiler: show

Same here, to me the mini is the real winner of the box. Hopefully won’t be too hard to get

Usually even if stuff sells out fast, the minis and other smaller items that come in the box are sold for reasonable prices by people who only collect Pops.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:53 pm

kihou wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:

Usually even if stuff sells out fast, the minis and other smaller items that come in the box are sold for reasonable prices by people who only collect Pops.

That’s a great point, most people do buy these boxes for the pops so usually the side items are sold for cheap. This guy shouldn’t be too high of a price for people who don’t want to purchase the entire box

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:51 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Same here, it looks AWESOME!. He will look amazing with all of my other Pennywise minis. Really excited for the movie to come out in a few weeks

The little container it comes in is too cute!

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:06 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:

The little container it comes in is too cute!

It really is, gonna have to keep it displayed with all my other IT minis. I really loved when the Disney sub boxes had the awesome little tins like this w/ their minis too

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:56 pm

The Hot topic mini one is awesome. It’s probably my favorite out of them all.

Return to “Blind Bags”