Paka Paka Gachapon by Funko

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
TheStephil

Re: Paka Paka Gachapon by Funko

Postby TheStephil » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:18 am

Nis_chac wrote:Love these paka paka from kawaii village!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEdPcWuJYnn ... a45jwmkl9j

Sam Urai is pretty cute
Congrats
Hi, I’m Steph.

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:21 pm

Here's my latest Paka-Paka haul :D Only need Glitter Nina and Lucky the Black Cat to complete =D> Also seeking Grody Cannoli (TT), White and Yellow (TN) and common Purrple Pop (SK) have plenty of dupes to trade if anyone has any of them. Also have Kawwii, Munchies and Cloud Cats that I could trade too :D

Here are my Boo Hollow dupes

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:20 am

TheStephil wrote:
Nis_chac wrote:Love these paka paka from kawaii village!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEdPcWuJYnn ... a45jwmkl9j

Sam Urai is pretty cute
Congrats

Thanks! I was so happy when i pulled him!
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

Rothkolion

Postby Rothkolion » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:27 am

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:Here's my latest Paka-Paka haul :D Only need Glitter Nina and Lucky the Black Cat to complete =D> Also seeking Grody Cannoli (TT), White and Yellow (TN) and common Purrple Pop (SK) have plenty of dupes to trade if anyone has any of them. Also have Kawwii, Munchies and Cloud Cats that I could trade too :D
[im.jpg[/img]

Here are my Boo Hollow dupes
[.jpg[/img]

They look great! I can’t find either of the cats so far but have more on their way! Good luck finishing!
HUGE Cartoon fan who has been collecting Funko since 2015. Collect everything Hanna-Barbara including Pops, Pez and Sodas. Also collect Disney, 80’s cartoons and Ad Icons!

Instagram & Twitter: @Rothkolion

Funko Wishlist: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... w=wishlist

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:44 pm

CollectorBadger wrote:Just received the 3 Boo Hollow I preordered from Amazon back in February and holy schniekies! Both Hyper Rare Chases! They look amazing!

What luck! Nice!
It’s me Lynda

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:47 pm

Got trades all lined up for Glitter Nina and Lucky the Black Cat for next week :D Should be Boo Hollow complete by next Friday :cheers:

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:20 pm

Cross posting Here's some of my Ideas for this line

Souperheroes they're heroes but soup themed
Snow Birds for the Christmas Season birds made out of snow great pun too
Mineral Workers a geology theme, Workers themed around different rocks and minerals
Love Bugs, Half Car Half Bug
Guru Guy: The Disney and Subscription Box Guru

Rothkolion

Postby Rothkolion » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:24 am

Popfanatics wrote:
CollectorBadger wrote:Just received the 3 Boo Hollow I preordered from Amazon back in February and holy schniekies! Both Hyper Rare Chases! They look amazing!

What luck! Nice!

Nice score!
HUGE Cartoon fan who has been collecting Funko since 2015. Collect everything Hanna-Barbara including Pops, Pez and Sodas. Also collect Disney, 80’s cartoons and Ad Icons!

Instagram & Twitter: @Rothkolion

Funko Wishlist: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... w=wishlist

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:59 pm

TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:Fruit bats are so awesome!

Agreed, can't wait to get my hands on that line.

Yeah, I had told myself that I'd maybe sit the Fruit Bats out....but I think I lied. I really need to stop lying to myself about Funko stuff! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:16 am

TheStephil wrote:Second full Paka Paka line:

The awesome ToysRUs Kid gifted me this amazing piece

Spoiler: show

Congrats! They look so good together!
Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:Fruit bats are so awesome!

Yeah, I had told myself that I'd maybe sit the Fruit Bats out....but I think I lied. I really need to stop lying to myself about Funko stuff! lol

They need to stop making cute products lol
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:16 pm

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:Got trades all lined up for Glitter Nina and Lucky the Black Cat for next week :D Should be Boo Hollow complete by next Friday :cheers:

Woohoo! Congrats
Hi, I’m Steph.

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:40 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Cod3NameCornDog wrote:Got trades all lined up for Glitter Nina and Lucky the Black Cat for next week :D Should be Boo Hollow complete by next Friday :cheers:

Woohoo! Congrats

Thank Steph! Hey I commented on your post in the FB Paka-Paka group. I have a few Munchies and Soda Cats that you need. I dont need any of your Paka dupes right now but hit me up if theres anything else you want to trade for them.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:46 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

They need to stop making cute products lol

It would certainly save me a lot of money if they would do that!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Fruit Bats look so good! I should definitely post up my dupes to try and complete my other sets.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:26 pm

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Woohoo! Congrats

Thank Steph! Hey I commented on your post in the FB Paka-Paka group. I have a few Munchies and Soda Cats that you need. I dont need any of your Paka dupes right now but hit me up if theres anything else you want to trade for them.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I decide to pursue them. Right now I was just trying to trade my duplicates. The only line I'm actively working on is Toilet Ninjas and I'm just missing two. The soda cats, cloud cats and munchies are just casual if it means trading duplicates.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:27 pm

kihou wrote:Fruit Bats look so good! I should definitely post up my dupes to try and complete my other sets.

Fruit bats is great.
Definitely post your dupes! You never know what others have for trade.
Hi, I’m Steph.

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:15 pm

Hopefully they drop info about new lines in the announcements

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:33 am

GuruGuy128 wrote:Hopefully they drop info about new lines in the announcements

Doesn't seem like paka paka is ready for convention exclusivity yet but i would like more paka paka announcements.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Vises35

Postby Vises35 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:14 am

TheStephil wrote:

Doesn't seem like paka paka is ready for convention exclusivity yet but i would like more paka paka announcements.

I would be torn as a collector, I appreciate the convention exclusivity but I also dread it lol lol lol I'm a little bummed that there wasn't any new Paka Paka lines announced (my wallet is thankful though! ;) ) but I feel that a lot of production got yielded because of Covid-19.

I'm curious though if Funko would consider continuing certain Paka Paka lines... like I would another series of Soda Kats! My son and I are obsessed with them! Or another series of Kawaii Village etc. I think the possibilities are endless.

Now as a completionist... I wonder if I should try to get the Blackseed version of the Soda Kats... not sure if that's a rabbit hole I want to crawl into!

Instagram: Viseslovestocollect

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:29 pm

I struggle with randomness for Convention exclusives! If they had a set where you knew what you were getting that would be better, unless you could buy a whole case or something.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:46 pm

TheStephil wrote:

Agreed - I think they've got a bit to go before we see the Pakas show up at a convention. But we definitely need the next (couple) lines to be announced - we don't know what's coming after the Fruit Bats, and we need to!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:50 pm

Vises35 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I would be torn as a collector, I appreciate the convention exclusivity but I also dread it lol lol lol I'm a little bummed that there wasn't any new Paka Paka lines announced (my wallet is thankful though! ;) ) but I feel that a lot of production got yielded because of Covid-19.

I'm curious though if Funko would consider continuing certain Paka Paka lines... like I would another series of Soda Kats! My son and I are obsessed with them! Or another series of Kawaii Village etc. I think the possibilities are endless.

Now as a completionist... I wonder if I should try to get the Blackseed version of the Soda Kats... not sure if that's a rabbit hole I want to crawl into!

I wouldn't mind one or two convention exclusives, but I would hope they wouldn't do an entire line. And make them shared, of course!

Definitely room for wave 2 of all the paka lines that have come out so far. If they want to give me more Boo Hollow each year for a few years, I am totally on board with that!
Image ImageImage Image

Vises35

Postby Vises35 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:17 am

Katers wrote:
Vises35 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I wouldn't mind one or two convention exclusives, but I would hope they wouldn't do an entire line. And make them shared, of course!

Definitely room for wave 2 of all the paka lines that have come out so far. If they want to give me more Boo Hollow each year for a few years, I am totally on board with that!

I agree 100%! I wouldn't mind that too! 1 or 2 would be awesome and yes, make them shared! Always room for expanding the Boo Hollow line too ;) Halloween is my favorite holiday and the Boo Hollow guys are so cute!

Instagram: Viseslovestocollect

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:22 pm

They've had Paka Paka shown at New York before though

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:10 am

Vises35 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Vises35 wrote:

I agree 100%! I wouldn't mind that too! 1 or 2 would be awesome and yes, make them shared! Always room for expanding the Boo Hollow line too ;) Halloween is my favorite holiday and the Boo Hollow guys are so cute!

Now that we've put it out there, I really want a Boo Hollow series 2! I won't be able to take my set in to decorate my desk for work this year, which I am super bummed about. But if they did series 2 next year, the timing would be perfect! I too love Halloween, and am already having way too much fun with this set! So keep it coming! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:16 am

GuruGuy128 wrote:They've had Paka Paka shown at New York before though

That's a good first step - now for next year they need to give us con exclusive paka pakas! I would be fine with our a Boo Hollow wave 2.5 - just a 3-pack or something fun and easy!
Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:25 pm

Vises35 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Most of them are Series 1 so it opens it up for future series. I know Reis mentioned he designed more Boo Hollow if its successful enough for another series.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Wasn't that at New York Toy Fair though? I could be wrong but I thought that was a Toy Fair reveal.
Hi, I’m Steph.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:30 pm

Katers wrote:

That's a good first step - now for next year they need to give us con exclusive paka pakas! I would be fine with our a Boo Hollow wave 2.5 - just a 3-pack or something fun and easy!

I would be good with a 3 pack where the rarities are the same so you don't have to worry about trying to get them all across multiple orders or trading or something.
ISO Mystery Minis!

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:10 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

I would be good with a 3 pack where the rarities are the same so you don't have to worry about trying to get them all across multiple orders or trading or something.

I'm hoping for a bundle of some sorts, so you know you have one of each of the possibilities. Make it nice and simple, since it's so hard to score some con exclusives anyway!
Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:35 pm

I'm really excited about the Soup Troop paka paka!
I preorder two cases in my excitement. They are just so darn cute.
Hi, I’m Steph.

mactds

Postby mactds » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:59 pm

TheStephil wrote:I'm really excited about the Soup Troop paka paka!

Seriously the Soup Troop are adorable too. Paka Paka has just been hit after hit!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:21 am

mactds wrote:

Seriously the Soup Troop are adorable too. Paka Paka has just been hit after hit!

Is it Soup Troop or Zoup? In app it says the latter!
ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:16 am

FunkOCD wrote:
mactds wrote:

The pictures said Soup Troop but who knows. It could be Zoup.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:55 am

I preordered a case as well...really looking forward to seeing these guys in person.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:55 am

TheStephil wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
mactds wrote:

Fair, maybe zoups as the shortened code name? Heh
ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:52 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I just noticed that as well. Guess we will see once they go live.
Hi, I’m Steph.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:42 am

TheStephil wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I just noticed that as well. Guess we will see once they go live.

Needs them all LOL
ImageImageImageImage

NovaCollects

Postby NovaCollects » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Ordered my first 10 fruit bats from Funko and did amazing! Only 1 dupe
now to find the last 4
ImageImageImage Image
(Username formerly ExorNova)

Return to “Blind Bags”