Paka Paka Gachapon by Funko

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
post31

Re: Paka Paka Gachapon by Funko

Postby post31 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:58 pm

At this point I think all the GameStops in town have warned each other about me cause they used to look at me weird when I first asked but now no matter which one I walk into they tell me not yet 8-[
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:50 pm

post31 wrote:At this point I think all the GameStops in town have warned each other about me cause they used to look at me weird when I first asked but now no matter which one I walk into they tell me not yet 8-[

2020 is what I heard for wide rollout. And most likely won't be the electronic machines.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:28 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:
post31 wrote:At this point I think all the GameStops in town have warned each other about me cause they used to look at me weird when I first asked but now no matter which one I walk into they tell me not yet 8-[

2020 is what I heard for wide rollout. And most likely won't be the electronic machines.

Good, I kinda hate the electronic ones!
ImageImageImageImage

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:15 pm

CollectorBadger wrote:Who’s checked this out on Funkos IG? Looks pretty cool, sounds like they will be in Gachapon machines at GameStops this fall! For those of you that aren’t familiar take a look at BlackSeed toys as well, this is where Funko acquired the license for these awesome little Kats.

it looked cool!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:10 am

Sadly I have visited every Gamestop around me in two locations (college and home) and I always get a weird look and eventually am told that they do not have it. I hope and pray I see it sometime soon, even if it's just the capsules.
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:04 am

Honestly, I'm more interested in the machine than the item. Curious to see the graphics and video play...and then the item last lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:23 pm

gacha gacha gachapon
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:16 pm

I really wish they would make a list somewhere of Gamestops that have these. Hopefully they get a wider release soon! I got some at the Hollywood store and now I want more :)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:27 am

I’m still not to sure about these. I’d love to make a toy that funko would buy LOL.

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:08 am

Do we know the rarity on the Paka Paka dragons?
I had six paka paka balls mailed to me from Funko Hollywood and got super lucky pulling the Gold Dragon, a hyper rare, a chase, and 2 unique commons (1 double).
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

beachball48

Postby beachball48 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:28 pm

I went a little overboard out of the gate on these ones! I thought I'd be all about the Soda Kats - bought 3 (got Purrpsi, Purrpsi chase, and Dragon). I decided those weren't for me, so like any Goldilocks (in a quest to find dragons)... I decided to explore Kawaii Village. That was more my jam... I bought a lot hahaha.
At one point I thought, "you know what, let's give Munchies a chance." I adore them!
I'll probably finish those two sets and if I grab a Soda Kat here and there, so be it, but I think Kuwaii Village and Munchies are equally my favs!

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:36 pm

Funko_boy13 wrote:I hope one of my local GameStops get at least one machine so I can get a couple, but with my luck the closest one will probably be 200 miles away. lol

I called my local GameStops and 4 of them had no clue what I was talking about. The 5th one I called said they would get a machine by March. I predict I'll be visiting Hollywood more often!

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:58 am

cptsailor wrote:Do we know the rarity on the Paka Paka dragons?
I had six paka paka balls mailed to me from Funko Hollywood and got super lucky pulling the Gold Dragon, a hyper rare, a chase, and 2 unique commons (1 double).

1/36 for the dragons and each line has different colors.
ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:54 am

FunkOCD wrote:

Thanks! I figured it was that or 1/72. Glad to know now
Hi, I'm Dillon!

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:12 pm

Greymom wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:I hope one of my local GameStops get at least one machine so I can get a couple, but with my luck the closest one will probably be 200 miles away. lol

I called my local GameStops and 4 of them had no clue what I was talking about. The 5th one I called said they would get a machine by March. I predict I'll be visiting Hollywood more often!

I hope to visit the Funko Hollywood store soon so I can paka paka and see the awesome giant pops there.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:16 pm

lol i grabbed 6 last night and failed hard. Im out. Cheaper to buy the dragons as they drop on the bay. SO SAD

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:54 pm

Funko_boy13 wrote:
Greymom wrote:

I hope to visit the Funko Hollywood store soon so I can paka paka and see the awesome giant pops there.

Funko Hollywood is amazing! It's definitely my happy place!

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:03 am

Geescube wrote:lol i grabbed 6 last night and failed hard. Im out. Cheaper to buy the dragons as they drop on the bay. SO SAD

What'd you get Hot Henry Cavill?!
ImageImageImageImage

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:02 am

I'd like to pick up a few but have yet to see them around my area
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:51 pm

I can't wait to go to the store in Hollywood for these.

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:08 pm

With the holiday rush in full effect, I've been avoiding the malls. I haven't gotten any new Soda Kats lately. Hopefully I can get some soon because my set is falling behind.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:30 pm

I visited HQ in Cali a few weeks back and got some randomly and the Soda Cats are addicting! Thought they'd be available at GS back home. I should've gotten more while there :/

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:30 pm

Geescube wrote:lol i grabbed 6 last night and failed hard. Im out. Cheaper to buy the dragons as they drop on the bay. SO SAD

Never give in. Never surrender.

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:32 pm

I’ve been making post31 call all the GameStop’s for me in our area everyday asking for paka paka. That way when we finally show up they think he’s the crazy one and not me.

Emo or Emilio is fine.

rixiuchiha

Postby rixiuchiha » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:09 am

I am loving this line, specially the Soda Kats. I love that they are cute and they barely take any space on my shelf.
Rixi Uchiha :Image
Unapologetically myself. Cuban, movie junkie, self proclaimed poptographer, funatic, cosplayer, nurse, nerd and all around weirdo. :D

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:25 am

emoagogo wrote:I’ve been making post31 call all the GameStop’s for me in our area everyday asking for paka paka. That way when we finally show up they think he’s the crazy one and not me.

Lol smart thinking lol I've been to at least 4 gamestop's around my general area and they have no idea what in the world I'm talking about lol

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:41 am

Boymom4 wrote:
emoagogo wrote:I’ve been making post31 call all the GameStop’s for me in our area everyday asking for paka paka. That way when we finally show up they think he’s the crazy one and not me.

Lol smart thinking lol I've been to at least 4 gamestop's around my general area and they have no idea what in the world I'm talking about lol

I have a feeling the prestige stores will be getting them and other stores will either get the cardboard tube filled with the gachapon or nothing at all.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:45 pm

cptsailor wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

I have a feeling the prestige stores will be getting them and other stores will either get the cardboard tube filled with the gachapon or nothing at all.

I wish that the prestige stores would be getting them, but sadly I don't think that's the case or at least not for all of the prestige stores. My local store is prestige (although on the smaller end) and the manager hasn't heard anything about it. He even reached out to the DM and got "we know nothing about that" speech. Another store on the larger side and also prestige and somewhat local, doesn't seem to know anything about it either and is doubtful. So either Funko is going to be just surprising stores with the machine and employees (manager's) truly don't know or they actually won't be getting them in. I'm trying to stay optimistic though because I need more soda kats in my life lol

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:Lol smart thinking lol I've been to at least 4 gamestop's around my general area and they have no idea what in the world I'm talking about lol

I wish that the prestige stores would be getting them, but sadly I don't think that's the case or at least not for all of the prestige stores. My local store is prestige (although on the smaller end) and the manager hasn't heard anything about it. He even reached out to the DM and got "we know nothing about that" speech. Another store on the larger side and also prestige and somewhat local, doesn't seem to know anything about it either and is doubtful. So either Funko is going to be just surprising stores with the machine and employees (manager's) truly don't know or they actually won't be getting them in. I'm trying to stay optimistic though because I need more soda kats in my life lol

Yeah same. Funko is pumping out the ads for these all over social media and yet no store in my area has any clue what it is or if they are getting one. It’s really sad tho cuz the waiting is killing me!!

Emo or Emilio is fine.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:29 pm

I have yet to try the machine yet. I can't wait to go to Funko Hollywood!

That dragon is really growin' on me...
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:30 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:I have yet to try the machine yet. I can't wait to go to Funko Hollywood!

That dragon is really growin' on me...

I will be trying the machine next week and I can't wait.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:26 am

Looking at the original designs makes me so excited for the future of Paka Paka. They're a success! And there's always a lot of room for progress. I hope they make larger ones like they used to.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:10 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:Looking at the original designs makes me so excited for the future of Paka Paka. They're a success! And there's always a lot of room for progress. I hope they make larger ones like they used to.

Still hoping to find a machine somewhere just for the extra fun!! Definitely think these were a hit!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

mactds

Postby mactds » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:05 pm

I love the designs so much, I love the machines. Picked up a couple more at Hollywood last weekend. Keeping those munchies growing ;)
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:37 am

Haven't hit any dragons yet! Only want the colored one!
ImageImageImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:33 pm

FunkOCD wrote:Haven't hit any dragons yet! Only want the colored one!

Me too! The colored one is my favorite. Silver and gold, eh.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:40 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:Haven't hit any dragons yet! Only want the colored one!

Me too! The colored one is my favorite. Silver and gold, eh.

Sounds like all the other "variants" we've been getting! LOL :X
ImageImageImageImage

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:20 pm

cptsailor wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Was this confirmed officially somewhere? I know one of the dragons is listed as 1:36 on one of the papers that come with each lines, but the other two weren’t shown with ratios at all.
ImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:18 pm

Indy Viper wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Was this confirmed officially somewhere? I know one of the dragons is listed as 1:36 on one of the papers that come with each lines, but the other two weren’t shown with ratios at all.

Should follow the same ratios as I think that's standard for the hyper rare ones.
ImageImageImageImage

gunner jed

Postby gunner jed » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:50 am

Heads up for UK people: The Entertainer stores will be getting the Paka Paka lines (they'll be getting the figures although not the whole machines sadly)
Twitter: @filmaddict123
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/jedwagman (I make cool marvel movie mashups and edits)

ImageImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”