First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
User avatar
Kal-El-051
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:33 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:All I wanted was wanting was a Super Skrull.


same here bud, I hit 3 of the GameStops in my area

first was (mostly) a success
Spoiler: show
Image


second didn't have any, and the third was a failure
Spoiler: show
Image


why couldn't it have at least been Ben or Johnny....the hunt for K'Lrt continues, though i'm probably already over in store purchases because damn do I hate 1/6 garbage.


I feel your pain. Thankfully my doubles are decent pulls that I can use for trade fodder and helping others.
Image
Image

User avatar
bizzydesigner
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:51 am
Location: IL 'burbs
Contact:

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby bizzydesigner » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:09 am

Well my Gamestop not only didn’t call me when my preorder came in, the just put it out lol thankfully the full case was there when I went in to check. I wasn’t going to get the full box but I did (minus one Thing) because they’re so damn cheap at GameStop and I had $5 off.

I really like the Doom!! Can’t wait for the others to come out.

Image

The worst part is my second human torch has a broken arm lol

Image
Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons & mystery minis.
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:50 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:The worst part is my second human torch has a broken arm lol


unless your Gamestop are jerks you should be able to return the broken torch to them. also i'm jealous of your Skrull and Galactus, this is the first time I pulled a 1/72 and was genuinely disappointed lol (though better to get Mole Man then friggin Reed)

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:12 pm

so I decided to go back to the Gamestop where I got the Sues, and fortunately nobody else bought any so I figured might as well grab the case and just return the dupes since I know the layout now.
Image

all I wanted from this set was Super-Skrull, and he's going to be the only one I can't find lol

and for the record it seems there may be 2 different layouts, one with Reed in front, the 2 rares , doom and Surfer on top and one flipped case where the top layer is Ben, Sue and Johnny. with the Reed layer on the bottom.

User avatar
AustinBundy65401
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby AustinBundy65401 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:19 pm

Now we just have to wait for Target whenever that is lol

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:59 pm

AustinBundy65401 wrote:Now we just have to wait for Target whenever that is lol


Trench coat Ben is cool, but i'm happy with this set. i'm glad they're just character variants and not entirely new people for the exclusives this time around. though the more I think of it the more perplexing I find the 1/72 Reed, why in the world would they bother making that? if they wanted to do a rare character variant I think a maskless Doom with scarred face or perhaps Doombot face.

FredKruger
Posts: 721
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby FredKruger » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:50 am

Mr Yac wrote:
AustinBundy65401 wrote:Now we just have to wait for Target whenever that is lol


Trench coat Ben is cool, but i'm happy with this set. i'm glad they're just character variants and not entirely new people for the exclusives this time around. though the more I think of it the more perplexing I find the 1/72 Reed, why in the world would they bother making that? if they wanted to do a rare character variant I think a maskless Doom with scarred face or perhaps Doombot face.


So we can get a stretched arm Mr Fantastic, thats why!! Doom is best with the mask on, or id have been cool with a doom bot. Either way, great set, hope we can get a wave 2, future foundation, and i dont know, maybe the Terrax mini missing from this set?

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:49 pm

FredKruger wrote:
So we can get a stretched arm Mr Fantastic, thats why!! Doom is best with the mask on, or id have been cool with a doom bot. Either way, great set, hope we can get a wave 2, future foundation, and i dont know, maybe the Terrax mini missing from this set?


but they're both stretched arm Mr Fantastics lol

and i'd love a series 2, Terrax would be neat plus impossible Man, Kang and a comic Ronan.

Jortega321
Posts: 660
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:31 am
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Contact:

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Jortega321 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:20 pm

These look great

FredKruger
Posts: 721
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby FredKruger » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:26 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
So we can get a stretched arm Mr Fantastic, thats why!! Doom is best with the mask on, or id have been cool with a doom bot. Either way, great set, hope we can get a wave 2, future foundation, and i dont know, maybe the Terrax mini missing from this set?


but they're both stretched arm Mr Fantastics lol

and i'd love a series 2, Terrax would be neat plus impossible Man, Kang and a comic Ronan.


Well, one is waaaay stretched? Lol. When you see the mini in person, it makes sense is 1/72, because it could break so easily, prob didnt need 3 of Johnny, Ben, or Sue either. But ill take all i can get. Originally Terrax was announced as part of this set, and got axed last minute. We can save the unmasked Doom for series 2, if we get one, which prob wont.

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:04 pm

FredKruger wrote:Well, one is waaaay stretched? Lol. When you see the mini in person, it makes sense is 1/72, because it could break so easily, prob didnt need 3 of Johnny, Ben, or Sue either. But ill take all i can get. Originally Terrax was announced as part of this set, and got axed last minute. We can save the unmasked Doom for series 2, if we get one, which prob wont.


I guess I'll have to take your word for it, he just looks like the difference is the open vs closed fist from the back of the box. there are only 2 Ben & Johnny variants in the set. but I agree the 3 Sue seems pointless, I think the partially phased and the fully invisible are the only 2 they needed. as for Terrax I don't know if he got axed so much as Funko thought he was a Moloid since he was announced from the start but never actually shown lol

all I all while I would like another set I am pretty happy with this one.... or I will be once I can find that friggin Skrull! lol

FredKruger
Posts: 721
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby FredKruger » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
FredKruger wrote:Well, one is waaaay stretched? Lol. When you see the mini in person, it makes sense is 1/72, because it could break so easily, prob didnt need 3 of Johnny, Ben, or Sue either. But ill take all i can get. Originally Terrax was announced as part of this set, and got axed last minute. We can save the unmasked Doom for series 2, if we get one, which prob wont.


I guess I'll have to take your word for it, he just looks like the difference is the open vs closed fist from the back of the box. there are only 2 Ben & Johnny variants in the set. but I agree the 3 Sue seems pointless, I think the partially phased and the fully invisible are the only 2 they needed. as for Terrax I don't know if he got axed so much as Funko thought he was a Moloid since he was announced from the start but never actually shown lol

all I all while I would like another set I am pretty happy with this one.... or I will be once I can find that friggin Skrull! lol


If you see a picture of it, he is a lot wider, almost like the monkeys in a barrel. The doom arm cross and Surfer variants weren't really needed either, but ill take them. Dont get me wrong, i need all the variants. But am just hoping for wave 2 to have nore characters, if we get one, which prob wont.

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:08 pm

FredKruger wrote:
If you see a picture of it, he is a lot wider, almost like the monkeys in a barrel. The doom arm cross and Surfer variants weren't really needed either, but ill take them. Dont get me wrong, i need all the variants. But am just hoping for wave 2 to have nore characters, if we get one, which prob wont.


I've never been a completionist, i'm happy to have one of the main 4 and don't need any variants on them. so once I track down Super-Skrull and Galactus i'll call this a successful wave of minis.

FredKruger
Posts: 721
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby FredKruger » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:35 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
If you see a picture of it, he is a lot wider, almost like the monkeys in a barrel. The doom arm cross and Surfer variants weren't really needed either, but ill take them. Dont get me wrong, i need all the variants. But am just hoping for wave 2 to have nore characters, if we get one, which prob wont.


I've never been a completionist, i'm happy to have one of the main 4 and don't need any variants on them. so once I track down Super-Skrull and Galactus i'll call this a successful wave of minis.


This is the fantastic four though. I think you should make an exception, they are the 1st family afterall. Lol.

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:06 am

FredKruger wrote:
This is the fantastic four though. I think you should make an exception, they are the 1st family afterall. Lol.


well i'm glad I got all 4 of them, and while I may try for Trench coat Ben I certainly don't need 3 Sues. all in all I think the Gamestop set is the best, the partially phasing Sue is the best version of her and I prefer the fully flamed Johnny.

Popfanatics
Posts: 933
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:28 am

Mr Yac wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
This is the fantastic four though. I think you should make an exception, they are the 1st family afterall. Lol.


well i'm glad I got all 4 of them, and while I may try for Trench coat Ben I certainly don't need 3 Sues. all in all I think the Gamestop set is the best, the partially phasing Sue is the best version of her and I prefer the fully flamed Johnny.

I agree i prefer the regular thing, phasing sue and flame on Johnny! Really liking the GS set!
Hi from Lynda (popfanatics on instagram)
Image

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:04 am

Popfanatics wrote:I agree i prefer the regular thing, phasing sue and flame on Johnny! Really liking the GS set!


the only thing I like better about the Trench Ben is that he seems to be standing upright where the regular is hunched over to the point where he looks down more than i'd like, though that could be due in part to the bobble as well,

User avatar
billydarector
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 11:51 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby billydarector » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:55 pm

Is there a target DPCI for these yet? Thanks
ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

:freddy3:

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:09 pm

was out and about a bit further than usual today and stopped at a foreign GameStop, full case thought i'd try my luck but sadly 2 more Sues! :(

Popfanatics
Posts: 933
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Popfanatics » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:17 am

billydarector wrote:Is there a target DPCI for these yet? Thanks

Not that I’ve seen or heard.
Hi from Lynda (popfanatics on instagram)
Image

FredKruger
Posts: 721
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby FredKruger » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:22 am

Cant wait for the target box, and common box to complete the set

User avatar
L3g3nD33
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby L3g3nD33 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:25 pm

Pulled Mole Man, Dr Doom and Silver Surfer from my pre-order at GS. Now to wait for the Target exclusives.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2020

Image

User avatar
AustinBundy65401
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby AustinBundy65401 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:35 pm

Still no sign of anything at target, maybe they’ll line it up with the 10” Thing release

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 2287
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby kihou » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:27 pm

AustinBundy65401 wrote:Still no sign of anything at target, maybe they’ll line it up with the 10” Thing release

That would make sense!
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives), War Machine (Common case)

User avatar
RobinBear177
Posts: 1510
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby RobinBear177 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:27 pm

Pulled a 1/72 Mole Man today. Best part was they just sent me a $5 coupon out of the blue so I got it for free :) Mole Man weighs 61 grams if anyone is looking ;)
Image

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:31 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:Pulled a 1/72 Mole Man today. Best part was they just sent me a $5 coupon out of the blue so I got it for free :) Mole Man weighs 61 grams if anyone is looking ;)


nothing wrong with a free 1/72 :smt023

Popfanatics
Posts: 933
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Popfanatics » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:07 am

RobinBear177 wrote:Pulled a 1/72 Mole Man today. Best part was they just sent me a $5 coupon out of the blue so I got it for free :) Mole Man weighs 61 grams if anyone is looking ;)

Congrats!
Hi from Lynda (popfanatics on instagram)
Image

User avatar
billydarector
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 11:51 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby billydarector » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Any sightings of these at target yet or dpci?
ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

:freddy3:

VinnieVinyl
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:19 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby VinnieVinyl » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:54 pm

Don't really collect minis but I do like this release. That Super skrull though!

User avatar
LatinFunko
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:09 am
Location: California

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby LatinFunko » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:59 am

Just recently completed this set. (minus Target ones) So cool. :)
Image :wwe5: Image


ISO: WWE Protos - Please send me a PM!

User avatar
mongoose12
Posts: 6332
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:23 pm

billydarector wrote:Any sightings of these at target yet or dpci?


watching for science lol
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

3rd Place in 2019 Rookie Custom Contest

Funko_boy13
Posts: 905
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:50 pm

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Funko_boy13 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:43 pm

AustinBundy65401 wrote:Still no sign of anything at target, maybe they’ll line it up with the 10” Thing release


Probably, that’s what they did with the haunted mansion minis and all the pops.

User avatar
seventh son
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:30 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby seventh son » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:39 pm

These look fantastic lol ! Love the FF, so good to see them finally represented!

I'm on the lookout for the WM exclusives, but seeing as though we didn't ever get even the Endgame set I'm not holding my breath.

Thankfully, they made this a reasonably affordable set to finish (for now; we'll see how the WM figs shake out...).

Hope a 2nd wave is in the works. Good luck to all searchers! :freddy2:

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:47 pm

seventh son wrote:
I'm on the lookout for the WM exclusives, but seeing as though we didn't ever get even the Endgame set I'm not holding my breath.


there aren't any for Walmart, just Target and GameStop.

User avatar
thefunkohunko
Posts: 573
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:16 am
Location: Birmingham, AL
Contact:

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby thefunkohunko » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:27 pm

I thought it would be cool to mention that my mom and stepdad have been taking notice of my collecting and stopped by gamestop to pick up a couple for me! Since I'm at college, they went ahead and opened them and got a 1-36 Namor that I didn't have already! SO cool!
Hey everybody, I'm Austin!
I love collecting, drawing, and putting smiles on people’s faces!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
ISO prototypes for Belsnickel Dwight, Soda Vinyl Big Boy, and the Haunted Mansion characters!
ImageImageImage
Image

User avatar
seventh son
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:30 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby seventh son » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:09 am

Mr Yac wrote:
seventh son wrote:
I'm on the lookout for the WM exclusives, but seeing as though we didn't ever get even the Endgame set I'm not holding my breath.


there aren't any for Walmart, just Target and GameStop.


And this, right here, is why my New Year's resolution is to spend more time here on the site. Thanks for that info!

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:36 am

seventh son wrote:
And this, right here, is why my New Year's resolution is to spend more time here on the site. Thanks for that info!


glad to help. :thumbright:

thefunkohunko wrote:I thought it would be cool to mention that my mom and stepdad have been taking notice of my collecting and stopped by gamestop to pick up a couple for me! Since I'm at college, they went ahead and opened them and got a 1-36 Namor that I didn't have already! SO cool!


excellent, always nice getting the whole family on board! lol

User avatar
seventh son
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:30 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby seventh son » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:48 am

That Namor's a bad boy. I gotta get one of those too.

Ah, heck, I'm probably just going to make the set. And here I promised myself I'd stop after the nightmare of completing all 21 of Endgame.

If it was anything else but FF...

User avatar
TadGhostal
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:35 am

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby TadGhostal » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:53 am

For those keeping score
Human Torch - 55.5
Silver Surfer - 49.2 - 49.8
Mole Man - 60-61
Thing - 71.5
Galactus- 64.7
Invisible Girl- 41.7-40.8
Doom 51.5
Namor 47.2
Moloid 42.7
Mr Fantastic open hand -48

User avatar
PaleRiderOfDoom
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:04 am
Location: Winchester, Ky
Contact:

Re: First look for the Fantastic 4 MM!

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:20 pm

TadGhostal wrote:For those keeping score
Human Torch - 55.5
Silver Surfer - 49.2 - 49.8
Mole Man - 60-61
Thing - 71.5
Galactus- 64.7
Invisible Girl- 41.7-40.8
Doom 51.5
Namor 47.2
Moloid 42.7
Mr Fantastic open hand -48


I so hate weights for bobble heads. I never have good luck. LOL
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY


Return to “Blind Bags”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users