Rick and Morty Series 3!!!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Mr Yac

Re: Rick and Morty Series 3!!!

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:58 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:
I guess they think the ratios are truly random (you could get a case of all 1/6's or all 1/24 and above) rather than structured into cases the way we understand them to be. With some of these people, though, I wonder if they are just playing the hype game hoping for/in exchange for free product.

i think a lot of it is that Unboxings are just easy to make videos that people seem to enjoy watching.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:34 am

buried_by_pops wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:Yeah I've seen plenty of YouTube vids where the people pull their two good ones and then they hope to get more. I mean it tells you on the box what you're gonna get ratio wise. I don't see how they think it's gonna be something different.

Yeah, I have seen videos watching people unbox a whole case hoping to get 2 chases with a 1/48 ratio or something similar.

I guess they think the ratios are truly random (you could get a case of all 1/6's or all 1/24 and above) rather than structured into cases the way we understand them to be. With some of these people, though, I wonder if they are just playing the hype game hoping for/in exchange for free product.

I think sometimes they are people who truly don't understand how ratios work and some of them are people who are gambling on if they buy enough product they will get sponsored by companies and/or viewers for their videos.

TakeMeToTheRiot

Postby TakeMeToTheRiot » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:37 am

bizzydesigner wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:So I noticed that there seem to be two versions of space suit Morty. One of them has larger eye and mouth decals with thicker border lines. Anyone else notice that? Its almost like the image got blown up for some decal runs. Unfortunately, I can't tell if the difference is between ones I got at Gamestop versus Hot Topic anymore.

[Also, any suggestions for how to post photos on here? I get that you use the image tag and, because I don't see any options for image upload, I assume you have to paste in a web address. Are there free places to post this kind of thing that are reliable and trustworthy?]

I use imgur for images to post. Just make sure when you upload you mark it as private

Haha for the longest time I wasn’t making them private and had no idea people were viewing my random funko photos lol
INSTA TakeMeToTheRiot99

ISO: The Office Protos!!!

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:20 am

TakeMeToTheRiot wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:So I noticed that there seem to be two versions of space suit Morty. One of them has larger eye and mouth decals with thicker border lines. Anyone else notice that? Its almost like the image got blown up for some decal runs. Unfortunately, I can't tell if the difference is between ones I got at Gamestop versus Hot Topic anymore.

[Also, any suggestions for how to post photos on here? I get that you use the image tag and, because I don't see any options for image upload, I assume you have to paste in a web address. Are there free places to post this kind of thing that are reliable and trustworthy?]

I use imgur for images to post. Just make sure when you upload you mark it as private

Haha for the longest time I wasn’t making them private and had no idea people were viewing my random funko photos lol

Same lol my "rating" is negative because people were downvoting them. Had no idea lol
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:59 pm

Set complete i just hope they don’t pull a Walgreens horror move on this set and surprise another random store has exclusives
:freddy3:
[ig]https://www.instagram.com/funko_phan26/[/ig]

Fundays 2022, Blacklight Battle
Fright Night II NYCC 2022
FOTW 2/24/18
FOTW 11/30/22

ISO: Black Panther Protos Rick and Morty Mystery Mini Protos.
Been collecting since 2016. FoTW Feb 2018. Check out my toy photography on Instagram!

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:01 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:
TakeMeToTheRiot wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:

Same lol my "rating" is negative because people were downvoting them. Had no idea lol

That's a good tip. I never even noticed that.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Congrats on completion! Still missing Miles Knightly. It would be cool to see more added to the wave, but store exclusives are definitely a tough find.

Funko_Phan26 wrote:Set complete i just hope they don’t pull a Walgreens horror move on this set and surprise another random store has exclusives
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:18 pm

I'm so behind on getting this set, but at least the ratios are a little bit easier to catch up on. One of my local Gamestops closed down so hunting exclusives is a little tougher.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:12 pm

cmasicampo wrote:Congrats on completion! Still missing Miles Knightly. It would be cool to see more added to the wave, but store exclusives are definitely a tough find.

Funko_Phan26 wrote:Set complete i just hope they don’t pull a Walgreens horror move on this set and surprise another random store has exclusives

Common case exclusives are harder to find than store exclusives imo because the stores will always get their own exclusives but retailers like books a million or fye at least around me don’t necessarily get common cases anymore.
:freddy3:
[ig]https://www.instagram.com/funko_phan26/[/ig]

Fundays 2022, Blacklight Battle
Fright Night II NYCC 2022
FOTW 2/24/18
FOTW 11/30/22

ISO: Black Panther Protos Rick and Morty Mystery Mini Protos.
Been collecting since 2016. FoTW Feb 2018. Check out my toy photography on Instagram!

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:22 pm

Funko_Phan26 wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:Congrats on completion! Still missing Miles Knightly. It would be cool to see more added to the wave, but store exclusives are definitely a tough find.

Common case exclusives are harder to find than store exclusives imo because the stores will always get their own exclusives but retailers like books a million or fye at least around me don’t necessarily get common cases anymore.

Especially when Gamestop, which seems to be on every other corner around me, gets an exclusive. If both Gamestop and Hot Topic had exclusives, I'm not even really sure where I would hunt for the commons. I guess BoxLunch and FYE....

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:54 pm

Funko_Phan26 wrote:

Seems like targets and Walmarts sometimes get common cases but it's a crap shoot. It seems Hot Topic gets restocked with common cases sometimes though.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:22 am

I’m a little behind on this set but I found a mixed case the other day and found 1/72. Pretty exciting. I can’t wait to find more

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:07 am

My experience with the past series of Rick and Morty Mystery Minis has been that BoxLunch and Targets have had common cases. Target especially, some locations even having multiple cases available. I assume this will be the case with the current series.

buried_by_pops wrote:
Funko_Phan26 wrote:

Especially when Gamestop, which seems to be on every other corner around me, gets an exclusive. If both Gamestop and Hot Topic had exclusives, I'm not even really sure where I would hunt for the commons. I guess BoxLunch and FYE....
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:59 am

Never did see this case in any stores. Saw like 1 random box at GS and 1 at HT. Both looked like they’d been open before lol
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:45 am

Esko5150 wrote:Never did see this case in any stores. Saw like 1 random box at GS and 1 at HT. Both looked like they’d been open before lol

My GameStop always seems to have opened ones too. Though I did still get a 1/36 out of an opened one once.

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:51 am

bakivali wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:Never did see this case in any stores. Saw like 1 random box at GS and 1 at HT. Both looked like they’d been open before lol

My GameStop always seems to have opened ones too. Though I did still get a 1/36 out of an opened one once.

Nice grats!
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:55 am

Esko5150 wrote:
bakivali wrote:

Nice grats!

I was just Heistotron but I still needed that one, so it worked out.

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:59 pm

Series 3 looks so good

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:07 pm

Esko5150 wrote:
bakivali wrote:

Nice grats!

That is incredible, congrats. Why are they opened though?

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:14 pm

nightbodega wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:
bakivali wrote:My GameStop always seems to have opened ones too. Though I did still get a 1/36 out of an opened one once.

Nice grats!

It looked to me that like people are just going through all the boxes to finds a certain one. Sometimes they just open the boxes enough to feel the bag and sometimes they take the whole thing out. Then GameStop goes back through at night and tapes the boxes back together.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:42 pm

bakivali wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:

Nice grats!

It looked to me that like people are just going through all the boxes to finds a certain one. Sometimes they just open the boxes enough to feel the bag and sometimes they take the whole thing out. Then GameStop goes back through at night and tapes the boxes back together.

And not one employee hears the bags being ripped open. I know it's not busy every hour of the day.

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:14 pm

nightbodega wrote:
bakivali wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

And not one employee hears the bags being ripped open. I know it's not busy every hour of the day.

GS policy is as long as you're buying something they don't care lol
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:44 pm

Esko5150 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
bakivali wrote:

GS policy is as long as you're buying something they don't care lol

OH REALLY. Thanks for that hot tip. lol

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Just ordered my first case :)
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

maxrecords

Postby maxrecords » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:26 pm

does anyone have the target DCPI on these? i found a box at target and it was under the old dcpi (i don't know how/why) or i just had a really good employee find them from the back, but they were coming up as $0.00 and the associate charged me $8.99 each which i knew was wrong but they didn't really care.

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:22 am

Finally finished this set! Such a good looking one.
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:25 am

Esko5150 wrote:Finally finished this set! Such a good looking one.

Share a picture. It might entice a few people to start the series or finish it! :D
I'm Abe

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:06 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:

Share a picture. It might entice a few people to start the series or finish it! :D

I was able to finish the series with the help of a friend and fellow Rick and Morty fan...Thanks Kelsey! Ready for more!

I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Tue May 05, 2020 9:03 pm

cmasicampo wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

I was able to finish the series with the help of a friend and fellow Rick and Morty fan...Thanks Kelsey! Ready for more!

Congrats on finishing the series.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Thu May 07, 2020 1:46 pm

cmasicampo wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

Nice, congratulations on finishing your set

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Wed May 13, 2020 5:00 am

Had a lot of fun opening the boxes and seeing what I got. I think they did pretty good with the designs for this series.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 am

cmasicampo wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

I enjoyed this series but hope they wait a bit to put any more out. Mystery items are my one bugaboo. lol

Universal_ghost wrote:Had a lot of fun opening the boxes and seeing what I got. I think they did pretty good with the designs for this series.

What did you get??
I'm Abe

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Sat May 23, 2020 4:58 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

I enjoyed this series but hope they wait a bit to put any more out. Mystery items are my one bugaboo. lol

Universal_ghost wrote:Had a lot of fun opening the boxes and seeing what I got. I think they did pretty good with the designs for this series.

What did you get??

I was able to pull almost everything except wasp rick, and Asher Hess. Only 2 I'm missing at the moment.

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun May 24, 2020 2:32 am

That's a neat full collection of the set.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sun May 24, 2020 10:49 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:
TakeMeToTheRiot wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:

Ok, I know this an old post but I have to say how angry it makes me to see my negative rating thanks to Pop haters. :mad: lol I always mark my pics private now to avoid more rage ;-)
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Mon May 25, 2020 6:00 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:I was able to finish the series with the help of a friend and fellow Rick and Morty fan...Thanks Kelsey! Ready for more!

I feel you. The mystery part is both a love/hate thing for me.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon May 25, 2020 8:51 am

Just missing archer hess.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Mon May 25, 2020 1:17 pm

scullysdad wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
TakeMeToTheRiot wrote:

Ok, I know this an old post but I have to say how angry it makes me to see my negative rating thanks to Pop haters. :mad: lol I always mark my pics private now to avoid more rage ;-)

Haha right?? The private option is the way to go
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

Return to “Blind Bags”