Rick and Morty Series 3!!!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
buried_by_pops

Re: Rick and Morty Series 3!!!

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:39 pm

Found a Wasp Rick, so I'm complete (ignoring the non-glow Hologram Rick)! It was noticeably heavy and there was a rattle in the box because he comes with a detached stand. Hope that helps!

On a side note, the two Gamestops I went to today had definitely scrambled their cases. Even though both were full, the top middle from one was the 1/12 Ricks, and a Mr Poopy Butthole was across from the Wasp Rick I found. If this is going to be a regular thing going forward, on top of all the 1/6's, that is a serious bummer.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:09 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:Found a Wasp Rick, so I'm complete (ignoring the non-glow Hologram Rick)! It was noticeably heavy and there was a rattle in the box because he comes with a detached stand. Hope that helps!

On a side note, the two Gamestops I went to today had definitely scrambled their cases. Even though both were full, the top middle from one was the 1/12 Ricks, and a Mr Poopy Butthole was across from the Wasp Rick I found. If this is going to be a regular thing going forward, on top of all the 1/6's, that is a serious bummer.

Congrats! Sometimes you'll get employees that scramble them, hard to escape dupes in that scenario. I still need Heistotron, Wasp Rick, and Miles Knightly...also not bothering with the non glow Hologram Rick.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:54 pm

So I noticed that there seem to be two versions of space suit Morty. One of them has larger eye and mouth decals with thicker border lines. Anyone else notice that? Its almost like the image got blown up for some decal runs. Unfortunately, I can't tell if the difference is between ones I got at Gamestop versus Hot Topic anymore.

[Also, any suggestions for how to post photos on here? I get that you use the image tag and, because I don't see any options for image upload, I assume you have to paste in a web address. Are there free places to post this kind of thing that are reliable and trustworthy?]

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:21 am

buried_by_pops wrote:So I noticed that there seem to be two versions of space suit Morty. One of them has larger eye and mouth decals with thicker border lines. Anyone else notice that? Its almost like the image got blown up for some decal runs. Unfortunately, I can't tell if the difference is between ones I got at Gamestop versus Hot Topic anymore.

[Also, any suggestions for how to post photos on here? I get that you use the image tag and, because I don't see any options for image upload, I assume you have to paste in a web address. Are there free places to post this kind of thing that are reliable and trustworthy?]

I use imgur for images to post. Just make sure when you upload you mark it as private
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:23 am

Haven’t quite decided if I want to do the whole set or not. I finished the first two sets but I haven’t really been watching this season for one reason or another. I did get Asher and glow Rick because snakes and glow lol also got hospice morty. We’ll see I guess.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:22 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:I use imgur for images to post. Just make sure when you upload you mark it as private

Thanks, here are images of the Space Suit Morty differences I mentioned earlier.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:24 pm

FunkoLoco wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:
I wish they made new characters instead of more versions of rick and morty. The dragon would have been nice. Glootie and Jerry in tracksuits as well

I fully agree, series 2 did a really great job of that. Million Ants will be one of my favorite minis forever.

wave 2 of the minis was great! the set of vindicators was awesome!

I agree too, I like having more of the original characters than a ton of different Ricks and Mortys. I feel that we get a lot of R&Ms through the pops. They could use the minis or other lines to branch out with other characters.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:20 am

dexiesmom wrote: I feel that we get a lot of R&Ms through the pops. They could use the minis or other lines to branch out with other characters.

that was originally what made me like minis more than pops, not only do they usually have more detail but they also offered a lot more opportunity for the secondary characters that would be a hard sell to most folks as their own pop.

Chase_Hunt_Release

Postby Chase_Hunt_Release » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:26 am

Does anyone have the weights? I'm hunting Professor Ex Snake. Thanks

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:30 am

dexiesmom wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
I fully agree, series 2 did a really great job of that. Million Ants will be one of my favorite minis forever.

wave 2 of the minis was great! the set of vindicators was awesome!

I agree too, I like having more of the original characters than a ton of different Ricks and Mortys. I feel that we get a lot of R&Ms through the pops. They could use the minis or other lines to branch out with other characters.

Exactly! I'd still probably buy. Just prefer variety of characters
ImageImage

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:37 am

great closeups
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:59 pm

Bought 4 boxes from my local GameStop and got the exclusive glow in the dark rick clone, the exclusive Mr. Poopy butthole, Teddy Rick and the wizard. Love this set can’t wait to buy more.

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:17 pm

Love this wave! Just missing Miles Knightly and a non glow Holo Rick.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

Sdivirgilio7

Postby Sdivirgilio7 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:50 pm

Mr Yac wrote:after seeing the snake episode I've got to say I wish we had gotten more snakes this wave and fewer Ricks and Mortys

I was thinking the same thing. Can we get a snake in a space suit?
:freddy2:

Pop count: 195
Favorite lines: Ad icons, MLB
First pops: Groot, ghost face

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:46 am

buried_by_pops wrote:Found a Wasp Rick, so I'm complete (ignoring the non-glow Hologram Rick)! It was noticeably heavy and there was a rattle in the box because he comes with a detached stand. Hope that helps!

Congrats man on the full set. I just need the Wasp Rick now and that’s it for me, loved collecting this set.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:17 am

Sdivirgilio7 wrote:I was thinking the same thing. Can we get a snake in a space suit?

I want a Lincoln and Booth 2 pack

popsim089

Postby popsim089 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:58 am

I don't collect the rick and morty pops but love the mystery minis, definitely keen for the next wave of them. The pops in Aus are all with those 'special edition' stickers so it makes them much less appealing.
Currently: 320 Funko Pops
Disney Villains
My Hero Academia
Alice in Wonderland
Harry Potter

:freddy3:

Funkastian

Postby Funkastian » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:04 am

I have only found one box lunch with them near me so far, going to check gamestop's again today, was lucky enough to get Wasp Rick from the box I found though!
:freddy3:
750 Pops
50 Dorbz
12 Tiny Ghosts

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm

Found a 1/72 Death Tree Morty :)

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:45 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
dexiesmom wrote: I feel that we get a lot of R&Ms through the pops. They could use the minis or other lines to branch out with other characters.

that was originally what made me like minis more than pops, not only do they usually have more detail but they also offered a lot more opportunity for the secondary characters that would be a hard sell to most folks as their own pop.

Yeah. I wish they would stick with that model and not just make it more and more of the main character. It adds more variety to the group.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:01 pm

What is the ratio for the Wasp Rick, and also usually the rare ones is in the middle top if they did not scrambled them?

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:44 pm

Lakers wrote:

What is the ratio for the Wasp Rick, and also usually the rare ones is in the middle top if they did not scrambled them?

Wasp Rick is 1/72 and I found the rare ones in the middle on both the top and bottom layers in cases that seemed unscrambled.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:
Lakers wrote:

Wasp Rick is 1/72 and I found the rare ones in the middle on both the top and bottom layers in cases that seemed unscrambled.

Ok, thanks.

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:43 am

After like a dozen doubles I gave up on the gamble. I only need Miles Knightly to be 100% again now. He's just coming up short for me.
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:14 pm

BadEugoogolizer wrote:After like a dozen doubles I gave up on the gamble. I only need Miles Knightly to be 100% again now. He's just coming up short for me.

hopefully they're at least good doubles.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
BadEugoogolizer wrote:After like a dozen doubles I gave up on the gamble. I only need Miles Knightly to be 100% again now. He's just coming up short for me.

Good Doubles? :-k Just kidding, I know what you mean. I got super lucky on Miles, getting him at the second Hot Topic I went to. He was with Heistotron in the middle on the bottom layer, if that helps.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:52 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:Good Doubles? :-k Just kidding, I know what you mean. I got super lucky on Miles, getting him at the second Hot Topic I went to. He was with Heistotron in the middle on the bottom layer, if that helps.

tradeable or sellable for more than you paid lol

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:Good Doubles? :-k Just kidding, I know what you mean. I got super lucky on Miles, getting him at the second Hot Topic I went to. He was with Heistotron in the middle on the bottom layer, if that helps.

tradeable or sellable for more than you paid lol

So the opposite of the army of Samwise Gamgees I can't give away?

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:16 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:
So the opposite of the army of Samwise Gamgees I can't give away?

pretty much.

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

Yeah not really. Lot of the 1/6s ](*,)
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:50 pm

BadEugoogolizer wrote:

my condolences friend :(

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:48 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
BadEugoogolizer wrote:

my condolences friend :(

The pain is real. Funko should start a support group.....or just stop doing so many 1/6's per set.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:01 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:
The pain is real. Funko should start a support group.....or just stop doing so many 1/6's per set.

1/6 is the worst for sure.

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:51 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:Found a 1/72 Death Tree Morty :)

Nice, I’m still needing that one for my set.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:02 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:

1/6 is the worst for sure.

I agree the 1/6s are the worse. I understand they do them for the people who don't really collect to have a better chance of getting a more popular character and then completing a set. But for people who want the whole set they really suck.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:06 pm

dexiesmom wrote:I agree the 1/6s are the worse. I understand they do them for the people who don't really collect to have a better chance of getting a more popular character and then completing a set. But for people who want the whole set they really suck.

i dunno, if i knew nothing about minis and i just grabbed 2 out of a box and they were the exact same figure i'd be very unlikely to go back for more. if you watch mini unboxings it's painfully clear that a lot of folks outside of our little community here have no clue how ratios works and are almost universally crushed when they pull dupes, especially multiple dupes from a case.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:18 pm

Yeah I've seen plenty of YouTube vids where the people pull their two good ones and then they hope to get more. I mean it tells you on the box what you're gonna get ratio wise. I don't see how they think it's gonna be something different.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:22 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I agree the 1/6s are the worse. I understand they do them for the people who don't really collect to have a better chance of getting a more popular character and then completing a set. But for people who want the whole set they really suck.

i dunno, if i knew nothing about minis and i just grabbed 2 out of a box and they were the exact same figure i'd be very unlikely to go back for more. if you watch mini unboxings it's painfully clear that a lot of folks outside of our little community here have no clue how ratios works and are almost universally crushed when they pull dupes, especially multiple dupes from a case.

I completely agree that people who do not collect no nothing about ratios. But blind bags relies on people getting "lucky" with their first few pulls and going back for more. Or for people looking to fill out a gift, buy some type of work prize type think, ect.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:24 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:Yeah I've seen plenty of YouTube vids where the people pull their two good ones and then they hope to get more. I mean it tells you on the box what you're gonna get ratio wise. I don't see how they think it's gonna be something different.

Yeah, I have seen videos watching people unbox a whole case hoping to get 2 chases with a 1/48 ratio or something similar.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:32 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:Yeah I've seen plenty of YouTube vids where the people pull their two good ones and then they hope to get more. I mean it tells you on the box what you're gonna get ratio wise. I don't see how they think it's gonna be something different.

Yeah, I have seen videos watching people unbox a whole case hoping to get 2 chases with a 1/48 ratio or something similar.

I guess they think the ratios are truly random (you could get a case of all 1/6's or all 1/24 and above) rather than structured into cases the way we understand them to be. With some of these people, though, I wonder if they are just playing the hype game hoping for/in exchange for free product.

Return to “Blind Bags”