Mystery Minis in 2020

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Katers

Re: Mystery Minis in 2020

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:43 am

kihou wrote:
A-Okay wrote:
snowsiren wrote:I collect Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings mystery minis and I would kind of dig a Quidditch round of Harry Potter (both at Hogwarts and professional). OOH! Or a chocolate frog-themed round, with some of the famous witches and wizards, each holding their little chocolate frog card! I'd love that!

I love that idea... I also wouldn't mind more creature Harry Potter mystery minis... an actual chocolate frog would be cool.. theres so many untapped beasts from fantastic beasts as well.

We still need a Tina as well! It was insane that they didn't have her in the Fantastic Beasts set.

I really thought that we'd get a series 2 Tina. I'd have much rather had her than Queenie, I'm still mad at her!

We absolutely need more of our fantastic beasts! I'd even be happy with more nifflers!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:46 am

popsim089 wrote:I would actually really like Doctor Who mystery minis- they have mini titans but I hate the look of them. Otherwise mini mandalorian ones for sure O:)

On that note, I'd love a Star Trek set! Any of the Star Treks!
Image ImageImage Image

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:13 am

We need more anime minis. 1/12s hopefully hehe
ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:06 am

L3g3nD33 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I just pray that if they ever do MHA MM that its a all 1/12 box cause and type of ratios are going to be flipper heaven and get crazy prices and probably never come down with all the hype.

I get what you’re saying but it’s no fun if you can just buy a case and be done... it’s why I’ve gravitated more towards minis than Pops. MMs require hunting similar to Pops before everything became mass produced.

I like the hunt, but with how popular MHA and me wanting it complete I would prefer it was all 1/12 with a couple places like HT, GS and B&N having some exclusives. That would expand character line and give you hunt. I just know that if MHA has 1/72 with store exclusives they would shoot up faster than buck beak and I would probably never have them all. I am a completion at heart and even with a 'fun" hunt at the end of the day I would be disappointed of not having all available characters

popsim089 wrote:I would actually really like Doctor Who mystery minis- they have mini titans but I hate the look of them. Otherwise mini mandalorian ones for sure O:)

I hate the mini titans too. But I also think they are part of the reason we do not have DW minis. Funko has already slowed down DW to a couple pops a year. I don't think they want to try their hand at something where Titan is established.

I still hope that we do get them though lol
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:05 am

any of the Fox properties would be great - (simpsons being #1)
more disney (my son loves mickey now)
myths would be cool

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:44 am

HP Series 4
FB Series 2

It's been 18+ months. Get your crap together, Funko.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:16 am

Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:
A-Okay wrote: I love that idea... I also wouldn't mind more creature Harry Potter mystery minis... an actual chocolate frog would be cool.. theres so many untapped beasts from fantastic beasts as well.

We still need a Tina as well! It was insane that they didn't have her in the Fantastic Beasts set.

I really thought that we'd get a series 2 Tina. I'd have much rather had her than Queenie, I'm still mad at her!

We absolutely need more of our fantastic beasts! I'd even be happy with more nifflers!

I kept thinking maybe they would do a promo box like at Gamestop or Hot Topic to have her in the set, but it never happened :(
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:20 am

highlanderfil wrote:HP Series 4
FB Series 2

:eek: Oh man, don't pick a fight with Funko, they'll give us a crazy ratio set!!! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:21 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:We still need a Tina as well! It was insane that they didn't have her in the Fantastic Beasts set.

I kept thinking maybe they would do a promo box like at Gamestop or Hot Topic to have her in the set, but it never happened :(

I thought the same thing! What a shame no one listened to us! We have such great ideas!!
Image ImageImage Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:59 am

another Horror set is always on my list, and I would also enjoy more Anime.

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:16 am

Im gonna need a mystery mini baby yoda asap lol

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:07 am

I really like minis but I never really got into them because of all the other stuff I collect but I would need a full set of Freddy Funko minis if they ever came out with them.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:39 pm

bspears82 wrote:Im gonna need a mystery mini baby yoda asap lol

Hasbro is making a set of six that looks really nice. I pre-ordered a two-pack of him eating a frog and using the force. I know they aren't Funko minis, but still.

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:37 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:

Hasbro is making a set of six that looks really nice. I pre-ordered a two-pack of him eating a frog and using the force. I know they aren't Funko minis, but still.

Based on your username, sounds like you need to switch over to collecting minis lol
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:44 pm

I am in love with the new Venomized mystery minis. I hope there aren't any super hard to get ones.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:44 pm

I’m gonna need that whole line ASAP lol
Instagram- calebshiny

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:01 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:

Based on your username, sounds like you need to switch over to collecting minis lol

I have more minis than Pops, so they might be able to bury me too, but I am also occasionally curious about the competition, especially when it comes to Star Wars. For whatever reason, I hate the bases Funko has to put everything on., plus I prefer solid figures to bobbleheads, but thats just me.

popsim089

Postby popsim089 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:07 am

hailmary25 wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I just pray that if they ever do MHA MM that its a all 1/12 box cause and type of ratios are going to be flipper heaven and get crazy prices and probably never come down with all the hype.

I get what you’re saying but it’s no fun if you can just buy a case and be done... it’s why I’ve gravitated more towards minis than Pops. MMs require hunting similar to Pops before everything became mass produced.

I like the hunt, but with how popular MHA and me wanting it complete I would prefer it was all 1/12 with a couple places like HT, GS and B&N having some exclusives. That would expand character line and give you hunt. I just know that if MHA has 1/72 with store exclusives they would shoot up faster than buck beak and I would probably never have them all. I am a completion at heart and even with a 'fun" hunt at the end of the day I would be disappointed of not having all available characters

I hate the mini titans too. But I also think they are part of the reason we do not have DW minis. Funko has already slowed down DW to a couple pops a year. I don't think they want to try their hand at something where Titan is established.

I couldn't agree more...I agree with your point on the Titans being a way for them to not do mystery minis as it might stagnate that market for them, but goodness me they're ugly and I'm holding out hoping it'll happen. Such wasted opportunities with the pops though, like we don't even have any chase pops and there's so many people like more ofthe companions that we're just crying out for.
Currently: 320 Funko Pops
Disney Villains
My Hero Academia
Alice in Wonderland
Harry Potter

:freddy3:

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:23 am

kihou wrote:
A-Okay wrote:
snowsiren wrote:I collect Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings mystery minis and I would kind of dig a Quidditch round of Harry Potter (both at Hogwarts and professional). OOH! Or a chocolate frog-themed round, with some of the famous witches and wizards, each holding their little chocolate frog card! I'd love that!

I love that idea... I also wouldn't mind more creature Harry Potter mystery minis... an actual chocolate frog would be cool.. theres so many untapped beasts from fantastic beasts as well.

Yeah!! You're right! That's who was missing
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:23 am

Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:
A-Okay wrote: I love that idea... I also wouldn't mind more creature Harry Potter mystery minis... an actual chocolate frog would be cool.. theres so many untapped beasts from fantastic beasts as well.

One can never have too many Nifflers lol
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko

Image Image
ImageImage

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:24 am

Katers wrote:
FB Series 2

:eek: Oh man, don't pick a fight with Funko, they'll give us a crazy ratio set!!! lol

Right!? :roflmao:
Hi, I'm Kelly!

Image Image
ImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:03 pm

Sdivirgilio7 wrote:Mystery mini baby yoda(the child) and ad icons series 2

A baby Yoda line would be great!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:33 am

TheStephil wrote:I am in love with the new Venomized mystery minis. I hope there aren't any super hard to get ones.

I kinda like them too! Trying to resist, but let's be honest, we all know how well that's going to go for me...!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:35 am

A-Okay wrote:
Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:We still need a Tina as well! It was insane that they didn't have her in the Fantastic Beasts set.

One can never have too many Nifflers lol

I think if one has too many nifflers, one will have significantly less of lots of other stuff! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:36 am

A-Okay wrote:
Katers wrote:
FB Series 2

I just really need the trio to stop being 1/6. I don't actually see it happening, but it's the stuff of nightmares....! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:06 am

Katers wrote:
A-Okay wrote:
Katers wrote:

I just really need the trio to stop being 1/6. I don't actually see it happening, but it's the stuff of nightmares....! ](*,)

No matter what series, that will always couples of minis with 1/6 ratio unless the whole set is 1/12.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:55 pm

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:I am in love with the new Venomized mystery minis. I hope there aren't any super hard to get ones.

I kinda like them too! Trying to resist, but let's be honest, we all know how well that's going to go for me...!

i preordered a case from my local shop. It won't have the exclusives but the only one I really want is Rocket and I'll just pay someone for him.
Hi, I’m Steph.

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:18 pm

yes to what several have said. Mandalorian minis!!!! Theres enough characters to do a set of minis!
Image Image Image Image

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:30 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

i preordered a case from my local shop. It won't have the exclusives but the only one I really want is Rocket and I'll just pay someone for him.

Its never a bad thing to support your local small retailers. That being said, GS mini price of $4.99 hits that sweet spot lol.
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:39 pm

dont forget 99cent store. I found a case of the saturday morning cartoon minis there. i glanced as I was walking down the aisle for some balloons and put my a$$ in reverse to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me
Image Image Image Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:26 pm

MartinMtz702 wrote:dont forget 99cent store. I found a case of the saturday morning cartoon minis there. i glanced as I was walking down the aisle for some balloons and put my a$$ in reverse to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me

I really need to check out my local 99cent stores more often. We have a decent local collector community but it never hurts to check.
Hi, I’m Steph.

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:11 am

Katers wrote:

I totally understand ;) lol. :freddy1: :freddy3: :freddy4: .
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:41 am

Lakers wrote:
Katers wrote:
A-Okay wrote:Right!? :roflmao:

No matter what series, that will always couples of minis with 1/6 ratio unless the whole set is 1/12.

If one of my 'wants' for this year was a 1/12 set, I'd be okay with that. Save me a lot of stress that way! Then I can go back to the fun of the hunt for the rest of the sets!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:48 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

If you need a home for those extra 1/6s, let me know!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:51 am

FunkoMeansFun wrote:
Katers wrote:

I totally understand ;) lol. :freddy1: :freddy3: :freddy4: .

Down the rabbit holes we go! lol
Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:29 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

If you need a home for those extra 1/6s, let me know!

Definitely!
Hi, I’m Steph.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:40 am

popsim089 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:

I couldn't agree more...I agree with your point on the Titans being a way for them to not do mystery minis as it might stagnate that market for them, but goodness me they're ugly and I'm holding out hoping it'll happen. Such wasted opportunities with the pops though, like we don't even have any chase pops and there's so many people like more ofthe companions that we're just crying out for.

Yeah to each his own but yes Titans beyond ugly. I want to liek them just cause of the variants and amount of characters but yuck. While it is easy to remain a competitionist at current pace of DW pop releases, but it is frustrating when you are hoping for some great companions or other doctors and you get Pting or Tzim-sha
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:50 am

I’d say the next couple years are gonna have so many dope MCU mini’s! Excited to see potential Pokémon mini’s too!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:54 am

Hoping we get some new Mystery Mini reveals from Toy Fair!
Hi, I'm Merri!

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:56 am

thejosh2010 wrote:I’d say the next couple years are gonna have so many dope MCU mini’s! Excited to see potential Pokémon mini’s too!

Pokemon! Yes, please [-o<
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9

Return to “Blind Bags”