Mystery Minis in 2020

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
buried_by_pops

Re: Mystery Minis in 2020

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:46 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Yeah to each his own but yes Titans beyond ugly. I want to liek them just cause of the variants and amount of characters but yuck. While it is easy to remain a competitionist at current pace of DW pop releases, but it is frustrating when you are hoping for some great companions or other doctors and you get Pting or Tzim-sha

The only DW Titan I have is the blazing eyes 10th doctor. I've considered also going for the Face of Boe and the lady who is just stretched skin, but as with the one I have, its only because Funko hasn't done it. There are a ton of DW Pops I would love them to make, but they would all be for older characters because I basically stopped watching after Doc #11 and #10 will always be the real doctor to me.

Funkastian

Postby Funkastian » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Popfanatics wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:I'm really hoping for ROTJ minis and the mandalorian minis (I remember seeing this somewhere).

You heard there will be mandalorian minis?

I hope this is true! And we dont have to wait until season 2 or season 3 in in 2021 or 2025 whenever that happens!
:freddy3:
750 Pops
50 Dorbz
12 Tiny Ghosts

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:47 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Yeah to each his own but yes Titans beyond ugly. I want to liek them just cause of the variants and amount of characters but yuck. While it is easy to remain a competitionist at current pace of DW pop releases, but it is frustrating when you are hoping for some great companions or other doctors and you get Pting or Tzim-sha

The only DW Titan I have is the blazing eyes 10th doctor. I've considered also going for the Face of Boe and the lady who is just stretched skin, but as with the one I have, its only because Funko hasn't done it. There are a ton of DW Pops I would love them to make, but they would all be for older characters because I basically stopped watching after Doc #11 and #10 will always be the real doctor to me.

Fine I take it back I have one Titan also but not a person its the Clara memorial Tardis.

Sidenote I loved Capaldi as the doctor. Is my favorite next to Eccleston #9 (you never forget your first doctor)
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:12 pm

Funkastian wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:I'm really hoping for ROTJ minis and the mandalorian minis (I remember seeing this somewhere).

You heard there will be mandalorian minis?

I hope this is true! And we dont have to wait until season 2 or season 3 in in 2021 or 2025 whenever that happens!

I found the catalog picture and it shows symbols for POP! and POP! Rides. So there isn't a minis series expected for this line. Sorry for the misinformation.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:40 pm

More Ad Icons for sure. I'd also like to see some more Batman non Arkham. It would be cool if they made the chrome Batmans in mini format.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:55 pm

jagpop wrote:More Ad Icons for sure. I'd also like to see some more Batman non Arkham. It would be cool if they made the chrome Batmans in mini format.

oooooooooooh mini chromes!!! Might be the only way i get all the bats. LOL
Image Image Image Image

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:37 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:So far Birds of Prey and Rick & Morty have released in 2020. Not sure if Trolls was released just prior to new year. And we also have the new Venomized line coming.

What is everyone else hoping for this year for minis?

I hope Funko announces the MHA minis or even just more anime minis in general.

MHA would be sick!
Maybe spongebob?
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Haven't seen Supernatural Mystery Minis done in a while. I think since it's the last season, this would be a great opportunity to refresh/add to that line :)
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:44 pm

billydarector wrote:The usual
Horror Series 4
Sci Fi Series 3
Return of the Jedi,
I agree with MHA
Ad Icons Series 2
They need a Mystery Minis:Rocks line with famous singers/rappers

I think that I saw GOT In Memorium Series 2, WW84, though I'm sure they will do all the new films coming out this year like Mulan, Black Widow, Eternals, Onward, Soul

Would love all those especially Return of the Jedi minis, so many possibilities for that set.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:14 am

AnyGivenFunko wrote:
Funkastian wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:You heard there will be mandalorian minis?

I found the catalog picture and it shows symbols for POP! and POP! Rides. So there isn't a minis series expected for this line. Sorry for the misinformation.

Boo!
It’s me Lynda

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:34 am

AnyGivenFunko wrote:
Funkastian wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:You heard there will be mandalorian minis?

That just means not right now though, not never...? I can't imagine them not happening, as popular as the show is!
Image ImageImage Image

popsim089

Postby popsim089 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:17 am

hailmary25 wrote:
popsim089 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
I like the hunt, but with how popular MHA and me wanting it complete I would prefer it was all 1/12 with a couple places like HT, GS and B&N having some exclusives. That would expand character line and give you hunt. I just know that if MHA has 1/72 with store exclusives they would shoot up faster than buck beak and I would probably never have them all. I am a completion at heart and even with a 'fun" hunt at the end of the day I would be disappointed of not having all available characters

I hate the mini titans too. But I also think they are part of the reason we do not have DW minis. Funko has already slowed down DW to a couple pops a year. I don't think they want to try their hand at something where Titan is established.

I still hope that we do get them though lol

I couldn't agree more...I agree with your point on the Titans being a way for them to not do mystery minis as it might stagnate that market for them, but goodness me they're ugly and I'm holding out hoping it'll happen. Such wasted opportunities with the pops though, like we don't even have any chase pops and there's so many people like more ofthe companions that we're just crying out for.

Yeah to each his own but yes Titans beyond ugly. I want to liek them just cause of the variants and amount of characters but yuck. While it is easy to remain a competitionist at current pace of DW pop releases, but it is frustrating when you are hoping for some great companions or other doctors and you get Pting or Tzim-sha

Smh, absolutely agree, Pting and Tzim-sha were such a waste for a convention release. I've been dying for a Donna Noble, or a Bill as a cyberman or even a weeping angel covering its eyes with the chase having been the current pop we have now.

I have hope though that they will come up with some cool new ones, if not I'm content with what I have so far...but titans will not be coming home with me, haha
Currently: 320 Funko Pops
Disney Villains
My Hero Academia
Alice in Wonderland
Harry Potter

:freddy3:

sylin

Postby sylin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:54 am

synergy56 wrote:Hoping we get some new Mystery Mini reveals from Toy Fair!

Same here. Those tend to be the main thing I look for during Toy Fair.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:26 am

popsim089 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
popsim089 wrote:
I couldn't agree more...I agree with your point on the Titans being a way for them to not do mystery minis as it might stagnate that market for them, but goodness me they're ugly and I'm holding out hoping it'll happen. Such wasted opportunities with the pops though, like we don't even have any chase pops and there's so many people like more ofthe companions that we're just crying out for.

Yeah to each his own but yes Titans beyond ugly. I want to liek them just cause of the variants and amount of characters but yuck. While it is easy to remain a competitionist at current pace of DW pop releases, but it is frustrating when you are hoping for some great companions or other doctors and you get Pting or Tzim-sha

Smh, absolutely agree, Pting and Tzim-sha were such a waste for a convention release. I've been dying for a Donna Noble, or a Bill as a cyberman or even a weeping angel covering its eyes with the chase having been the current pop we have now.

I have hope though that they will come up with some cool new ones, if not I'm content with what I have so far...but titans will not be coming home with me, haha

Yes tired of going to conventions with nothing for Catherine Tate to sign (had her sign adipose)
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:47 am

Katers wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:
Funkastian wrote:I hope this is true! And we dont have to wait until season 2 or season 3 in in 2021 or 2025 whenever that happens!

That just means not right now though, not never...? I can't imagine them not happening, as popular as the show is!

True, this doesn't mean never, but I thought I saw a possible release of a minis line for the show back in Toy Fair 2019.

I hope they do make minis for this show! [-o<
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:56 am

I'd like to see new WWE minis (all 1/12) and Mandalorian minis.
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:18 pm

MartinMtz702 wrote:
jagpop wrote:More Ad Icons for sure. I'd also like to see some more Batman non Arkham. It would be cool if they made the chrome Batmans in mini format.

oooooooooooh mini chromes!!! Might be the only way i get all the bats. LOL

LOL. But then you'd have to get the Pops to go along with the minis. :eek:

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:52 pm

#sigh. Never ending dilemma
Image Image Image Image

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:54 pm

Spastik Plastik, Wetmore Forest, The Freddy Funko Show, Pokemon, Fortnite, and MLB are all lines I'd love to see this year and think there is a decent chance at a few of them.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:08 pm

I’d love to see a DBZ line Or some more anime ones. More horror minis are always welcome with maybe a pumpkin head mini!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:16 pm

I'd love to see Motu Mystery Mini's

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:24 pm

mongoose12 wrote:I'd love to see Motu Mystery Mini's

I loved to see anything MOTU. \:D/
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:47 pm

Would be great!
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:04 pm

Mando minis would be dope

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:18 am

AnyGivenFunko wrote:
Katers wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:

True, this doesn't mean never, but I thought I saw a possible release of a minis line for the show back in Toy Fair 2019.

I hope they do make minis for this show! [-o<

I think it's practically a guarantee with the demand for products being what it currently is!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:20 am

popfanboy wrote:Spastik Plastik, Wetmore Forest, The Freddy Funko Show, Pokemon, Fortnite, and MLB are all lines I'd love to see this year and think there is a decent chance at a few of them.

Oh man, I would go nuts for a Wetmore Forest mini set! Preferably in those open window boxes, and 1/12! They'd be adorable!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:44 pm

Katers wrote:
popfanboy wrote:Spastik Plastik, Wetmore Forest, The Freddy Funko Show, Pokemon, Fortnite, and MLB are all lines I'd love to see this year and think there is a decent chance at a few of them.

Oh man, I would go nuts for a Wetmore Forest mini set! Preferably in those open window boxes, and 1/12! They'd be adorable!

I would love that! The packaging would be great :)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:35 pm

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

Indeed! I definitely think a Wetmore Forest line could happen with even some Barnes and Nobles exclusives. They are already so cute and I think they'd do well with no only funatics but also just people who see them.
Tanner

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:50 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:

Would be great!

These would be a MUST :drunken: :bom: Hopefully soon!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:20 am

Geescube wrote:Very interested in the next wave of SciFi ...

We need some Witcher minis =D>

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:21 am

thejosh2010 wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:

Would be great!

I agree! I would LOVE to have some MOTU mystery minis in my collection :love10: :love10: :love10:

Hi, I'm JASON!
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:22 am

PhoenixForce wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
Would be great!

I agree! I would LOVE to have some MOTU mystery minis in my collection :love10: :love10: :love10:

i'd take a whole series just on skeletor lol but thats just me :P

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:16 pm

I want some TMNT blind bags!

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:58 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

They could make them like the Gamestop Batman minis!! I support this :yippee:

Hi, I'm JASON!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:31 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

I hadn't even thought about the packaging, but agreed, it would be amazing! Which will be terrible for me, because I really appreciate when I can throw the MM boxes away...don't know if I'd be able to do it if they're cool!
Image ImageImage Image

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:49 am

Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

I hadn't even thought about the packaging, but agreed, it would be amazing! Which will be terrible for me, because I really appreciate when I can throw the MM boxes away...don't know if I'd be able to do it if they're cool!

They've got the mystery plush keychains in little tree bases and acorns. Could totally do that with mystery minis or the windowed cardboard boxes, but shaped as tree bases.
Tanner

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:51 am

PhoenixForce wrote:
Geescube wrote:Very interested in the next wave of SciFi ...

We need some Witcher minis =D>

Those would be great! They could have a similar style as the Lord of the Rings ones :)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:29 pm

Series 4 of Harry Potter. I love the idea of Quidditch themed ones. Another theme I would like to see would be the different characters and their Patronuses. Maybe each one casting Expectro Patronum.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:56 am

PhoenixForce wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

They could make them like the Gamestop Batman minis!! I support this :yippee:

I loved that Batman mini set..had to have them all! I’m on board for more of those from any characters.. Deadpool could be an easy character to do that in :compress:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:13 pm

A retro freddy mystery mini line would be sweet to see.. \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Return to “Blind Bags”