Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
hartsy

Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby hartsy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:20 am

My question to everyone out there is:

Are Fantastiks considered to be the same as Spastiks??

Or

Are they two separate toys??

Al

Postby Al » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:23 am

Well Fantastik Plastik are bugger than Spastik Plastik but otherwise I tink that they are the same sort of toy! :D

User avatar
Blues84
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:49 pm

Postby Blues84 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:32 am

I don't think so, because Fantastiks are lisenced, while Spastiks are Funko Characters. So, I consider them to be two totally different lines of vinyl toys.
"I'd be quite happy on a desert island as long as there where like..snacks." - Frank Kozik

User avatar
mrcory5000
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Posts: 3707
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:08 pm
Location: House of 5000
Contact:

Postby mrcory5000 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:49 am

I'm with Blues! Licensed product vs Funko originals.. there lies the difference.
WE ARE FUNKO!

User avatar
itchykorean
Hall of Fame Class of 2005
Hall of Fame Class of 2005
Posts: 2295
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:36 pm
Location: BIG DRILL CAR tribute cd out now!
Contact:

Postby itchykorean » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:20 am

I want to see more Spastiks :!: Who wouldn't want to see more originals by Wilky and Rob? Those two kats totally rock. In my opinion, the Fantastiks should be Wacky Wobblers.
Image

User avatar
Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY
Posts: 9743
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:49 pm
Location: Maitland, Florida

Postby Alleycat » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:11 pm

I'm totally with Itchy on this one. :smt038

User avatar
Blues84
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:49 pm

Postby Blues84 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:27 pm

I like the idea of Fantastiks, because some chatacter's just don't work as wobblers (In my opinion Family Guy and Simpsons don't). But I think I'd rather have more Spastiks then Fantastiks.
"I'd be quite happy on a desert island as long as there where like..snacks." - Frank Kozik

User avatar
FunkoRAMA
Posts: 942
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:53 pm
Location: California

Postby FunkoRAMA » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:12 pm

Yeah I also agree with Itchy. Can't wait to see new ideas for Spastiks.

User avatar
b00gedy
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:48 am
Location: Hawaii
Contact:

Postby b00gedy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:07 pm

I think Wilky and Rob have made better characters than any of the licensed ones... but that's just my opinion.
Image
Tell me what he would say...

User avatar
mesonoftheral
Hall of Fame Class of 2008
Hall of Fame Class of 2008
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:19 am
Location: THE CENTER of NOWHERE

Postby mesonoftheral » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:11 pm

Wilky & Rob Thanks for being a Part of Funko....Love your Stuff.
Hi , I'm Dennis.

User avatar
br%k
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:40 pm
Location: sackatomato
Contact:

Postby br%k » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:56 pm

yeah, i dig all of rob and wilky's monsters and skeletons!

User avatar
b00gedy
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:48 am
Location: Hawaii
Contact:

Postby b00gedy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:13 am

Actually if it wasn't for Wilky and Rob's characters I wouldn't have even started collecting Funko.
Image

Tell me what he would say...

shannon

Postby shannon » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:58 am

b00gedy wrote:Actually if it wasn't for Wilky and Rob's characters I wouldn't have even started collecting Funko.


Thanks Wilky, thanks Rob! See what you did :x ... I hope you two are ready for a good a** kickin'! :smash: :smt021

User avatar
b00gedy
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:48 am
Location: Hawaii
Contact:

Postby b00gedy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:53 am

:P
Image

Tell me what he would say...

User avatar
dork
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Posts: 885
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 11:51 pm
Location: Oceanside ends the ride. San Clemente comin' up!
Contact:

Postby dork » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:28 pm

b00gedy wrote:Actually if it wasn't for Wilky and Rob's characters I wouldn't have even started collecting Funko.



likewise

Augie

Postby Augie » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:36 pm

shannon wrote:
b00gedy wrote:Actually if it wasn't for Wilky and Rob's characters I wouldn't have even started collecting Funko.


Thanks Wilky, thanks Rob! See what you did :x ... I hope you two are ready for a good a** kickin'! :smash: :smt021


:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

User avatar
Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY
Posts: 9743
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:49 pm
Location: Maitland, Florida

Postby Alleycat » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:06 pm

I don't know this for sure, but doesn't Brian afford Wilke and Rob some level of creative input on all of Funko's products?? I believe that's what makes all of their products so special and uniquely Funko. I don't think that they simply copy a character from a corporate manual. For instance....I've seen many Tony the Tiger items over the years, but Funko's is a little different and a lot better than all the rest - it seems to take the corporate symbol to another level. :twocents:

User avatar
Blues84
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:49 pm

Postby Blues84 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:02 pm

Alleycat wrote:I don't know this for sure, but doesn't Brian afford Wilke and Rob some level of creative input on all of Funko's products?? I believe that's what makes all of their products so special and uniquely Funko. I don't think that they simply copy a character from a corporate manual. For instance....I've seen many Tony the Tiger items over the years, but Funko's is a little different and a lot better than all the rest - it seems to take the corporate symbol to another level. :twocents:


I think everyone means, Rob and Wilky's own creations. They didn't make Tony the Tiger or any of the others, at least I don't think so. :?
"I'd be quite happy on a desert island as long as there where like..snacks." - Frank Kozik

User avatar
Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY
Posts: 9743
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:49 pm
Location: Maitland, Florida

Postby Alleycat » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:15 pm

Blues84 wrote:
Alleycat wrote:I don't know this for sure, but doesn't Brian afford Wilke and Rob some level of creative input on all of Funko's products?? I believe that's what makes all of their products so special and uniquely Funko. I don't think that they simply copy a character from a corporate manual. For instance....I've seen many Tony the Tiger items over the years, but Funko's is a little different and a lot better than all the rest - it seems to take the corporate symbol to another level. :twocents:


I think everyone means, Rob and Wilky's own creations. They didn't make Tony the Tiger or any of the others, at least I don't think so. :?


Yea, I got that, but didn't they also have a creative hand in the appearance of the commercial products?? Anyone know? :smt102

User avatar
br%k
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:40 pm
Location: sackatomato
Contact:

Postby br%k » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:54 pm

dork wrote:
b00gedy wrote:Actually if it wasn't for Wilky and Rob's characters I wouldn't have even started collecting Funko.



likewise
me three!

User avatar
doctony
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:02 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby doctony » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:42 pm

This thread has started a long time ago, 2006, but just have the same question now. Are all Fantastik Plastiks licensed? I thought Sike-O-Shriner is original Funko design, yet it is labeled as Fantastik Plastik and not Spastik Plastik.
Image

User avatar
CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY
Posts: 7314
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:47 pm

doctony wrote:This thread has started a long time ago, 2006, but just have the same question now. Are all Fantastik Plastiks licensed? I thought Sike-O-Shriner is original Funko design, yet it is labeled as Fantastik Plastik and not Spastik Plastik.


There was some controversy with the word Spastik (c instead of k) overseas and I believe we will no longer see that term being used. A quick Google search will give you the answer for the slang term that caused this issue.
Image
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

User avatar
theoriginalz
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby theoriginalz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:11 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
doctony wrote:This thread has started a long time ago, 2006, but just have the same question now. Are all Fantastik Plastiks licensed? I thought Sike-O-Shriner is original Funko design, yet it is labeled as Fantastik Plastik and not Spastik Plastik.


There was some controversy with the word Spastik (c instead of k) overseas and I believe we will no longer see that term being used. A quick Google search will give you the answer for the slang term that caused this issue.


Seems odd that it would take this long to get resolved.

User avatar
willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 3697
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:19 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby willy wonka » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:29 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
doctony wrote:This thread has started a long time ago, 2006, but just have the same question now. Are all Fantastik Plastiks licensed? I thought Sike-O-Shriner is original Funko design, yet it is labeled as Fantastik Plastik and not Spastik Plastik.


There was some controversy with the word Spastik (c instead of k) overseas and I believe we will no longer see that term being used. A quick Google search will give you the answer for the slang term that caused this issue.



I think Funko Originals would have been better.
Just call me Joe...

Image
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Metallic Mad Hatter Wobbler, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

User avatar
CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY
Posts: 7314
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:38 pm

theoriginalz wrote:
Seems odd that it would take this long to get resolved.


10+ years ago Funko wasn't a big name so that's probably why. Also your casual Funko collector probably has no clue about the Funko original characters and weren't even aware of the name until Funko started making Pop versions and posting on social media. It's also an international term that I had never heard of and I'm sure people at Funko had no clue either. But once complaints start rolling in it's hard to ignore and that's probably why the change just now occurred.
Image
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

User avatar
theraven00
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 5:00 pm
Location: Peoria, AZ
Contact:

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby theraven00 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:47 pm

Just wait until people start having an issue with the word plastic, since it is bad for the environment after all. Honestly, I'm surprised with Funko being up near Seattle that they can still use that word. ;) Give it a year or two, the line will be changed to be called Fantastik Drastik.
Poppin'

User avatar
theoriginalz
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby theoriginalz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:55 pm

willy wonka wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
doctony wrote:This thread has started a long time ago, 2006, but just have the same question now. Are all Fantastik Plastiks licensed? I thought Sike-O-Shriner is original Funko design, yet it is labeled as Fantastik Plastik and not Spastik Plastik.


There was some controversy with the word Spastik (c instead of k) overseas and I believe we will no longer see that term being used. A quick Google search will give you the answer for the slang term that caused this issue.



I think Funko Originals would have been better.


agreed, fellow Torontonian.

User avatar
theraven00
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 5:00 pm
Location: Peoria, AZ
Contact:

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby theraven00 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:38 pm

theoriginalz wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
There was some controversy with the word Spastik (c instead of k) overseas and I believe we will no longer see that term being used. A quick Google search will give you the answer for the slang term that caused this issue.



I think Funko Originals would have been better.


agreed, fellow Torontonian.

How about Funko OG?
Poppin'

User avatar
kingdomcustoms
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:33 am
Location: Criciuma
Contact:

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby kingdomcustoms » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:48 pm

theraven00 wrote:Just wait until people start having an issue with the word plastic, since it is bad for the environment after all. Honestly, I'm surprised with Funko being up near Seattle that they can still use that word. ;) Give it a year or two, the line will be changed to be called Fantastik Drastik.


Yes, because taking issue with a derogatory term used for people with cerebral palsy (or other disabilities in general) is the same as the name of a material. =D>
:freddy2:
Pop Count: ~250; Latest: Monica Chase
Dorbz Count: 58; Latest: Wonder Woman Invisible Jet
Rock Candy's: 24; Latest Pocahontas
Favourite Pop's: John Diggle, Pain & Panic, Lord Drakkon
Favourite Dorbz: Alice 4-pack, Green Arrow/Black Canary, Penelope Pitstop
Favourite Rock Candy's: Sirius, Bellatrix, and Jessica Rabbit
Custom Count: 25 Pops, 5 PSH, 48 Dorbz, 17 Misc; Most Recent: Kermit PSH

User avatar
theraven00
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 5:00 pm
Location: Peoria, AZ
Contact:

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby theraven00 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:15 pm

kingdomcustoms wrote:
theraven00 wrote:Just wait until people start having an issue with the word plastic, since it is bad for the environment after all. Honestly, I'm surprised with Funko being up near Seattle that they can still use that word. ;) Give it a year or two, the line will be changed to be called Fantastik Drastik.


Yes, because taking issue with a derogatory term used for people with cerebral palsy (or other disabilities in general) is the same as the name of a material. =D>

Have you ever used the words: idiot, moron, or imbecile? If so, look up their history and origin. Cheers, mate. O:)
Poppin'

User avatar
BigM
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4770
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby BigM » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:36 am

Everything will become "funkos".
Mickey
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for Kiss USB protos, Starchild pop proto, Kiss Freddy pop proto (haha)
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

post31
Posts: 1189
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:42 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby post31 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:50 pm

BigM wrote:Everything will become "funkos".

But that’s already the name of the cereal.
I tried

User avatar
Classier
Posts: 2430
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:28 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby Classier » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:46 pm

post31 wrote:
BigM wrote:Everything will become "funkos".

But that’s already the name of the cereal.

There’s a very clear distinction between Funkos and Funko’s!
Image

post31
Posts: 1189
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:42 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby post31 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:10 pm

Classier wrote:
post31 wrote:
BigM wrote:Everything will become "funkos".

But that’s already the name of the cereal.

There’s a very clear distinction between Funkos and Funko’s!

I would like you to read your sentence out loud and say that.
I tried

User avatar
theraven00
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 5:00 pm
Location: Peoria, AZ
Contact:

Re: Fantastik Plastik VS SPastik Plastik

Postby theraven00 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:33 pm

post31 wrote:
Classier wrote:
post31 wrote:But that’s already the name of the cereal.

There’s a very clear distinction between Funkos and Funko’s!

I would like you to read your sentence out loud and say that.

Lol Reminds me of the explanation Vanilla Ice gave when he said his music wasn't a copy of David Bowie's.
Poppin'


Return to “Vinyl”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users