Harry Potter Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
JohnnyPOP

Re: Harry Potter Mystery Minis

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:29 pm

kihou wrote:Does anyone have any word if Barnes and Noble will be restocking these? They are out of stock online, and all stores in my area (and the cities I could reasonably drive to) are out as well. I am missing flocked Fawkes and have no luck trading multiple rares or flocked Crookshanks to get him :\

I haven't seen these get restocked since the Cursed Child release party but sometimes they just take awhile. I won't get to go in until Monday but I'll try to check then too if you don't get any answers this weekend. It's possible these might not come in cases anymore as well, so keep that in mind.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:42 pm

I checked and the warehouse didn't show anything in stock at all, but it was only for the single box, not an entire case. Nothing came up for the case itself unfortunately. I'll keep an eye out to see if any show up in the warehouses again because it could mean they'd start popping up in stores again.

vegasbaby98

Postby vegasbaby98 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:30 pm

I have an extra HP Mystery Mini Hedwig. If anyone still needs that one, send me a pm. He needs a new home. :)
Rose

Funko collector since 2010
First FDO - FDO8 Baltimore

Funko items in our collection - too many to count! Favorite series - Star Wars!
ImageImage

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:45 am

If anyone's looking to get rid of some commons for cheap, let me know, I'm down to needing Fawkes, Dumbledore, and all the commons other than Scabbers and Hermione.
Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:47 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:I checked and the warehouse didn't show anything in stock at all, but it was only for the single box, not an entire case. Nothing came up for the case itself unfortunately. I'll keep an eye out to see if any show up in the warehouses again because it could mean they'd start popping up in stores again.

Thank you for checking! I might try my trade post on the subreddit board and if there are no bites there, just get it on eBay.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:16 pm

kihou wrote:Thank you for checking! I might try my trade post on the subreddit board and if there are no bites there, just get it on eBay.

No problem! I'd offer to help you out here but I was never able to get any for myself except for a Voldemort I bought before the book release. I hope you get the ones you want! :)

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:12 am

I ended up getting a non-flocked Crookshanks from a HT box today. My HT had two untouched cases and I pulled a flocked Crookshanks from one and a regular Crookshanks from the other. Every box I purchased was labeled HT exclusive. It's so weird.

If anyone needs Voldemort, Hedwig, or Scabbers I have extras.
I need both Dumbledores, both Fawkes, Yule Hermione, Quidditch Harry, Padfoot, Nagini, and Fang. My B&N said their inventory tells them they have minis in stock, but they can't find them and they can't order them. :/
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:43 am

StarWarner wrote:I ended up getting a non-flocked Crookshanks from a HT box today. My HT had two untouched cases and I pulled a flocked Crookshanks from one and a regular Crookshanks from the other. Every box I purchased was labeled HT exclusive. It's so weird.

If anyone needs Voldemort, Hedwig, or Scabbers I have extras.
I need both Dumbledores, both Fawkes, Yule Hermione, Quidditch Harry, Padfoot, Nagini, and Fang. My B&N said their inventory tells them they have minis in stock, but they can't find them and they can't order them. :/

I'm gonna send you a PM about Hedwig.

That could mean they were stolen, honestly. Especially with minis. They could just be in the receiving area but usually with items that small they tend to walk out of the store or get mangled. This happens to a lot of the other blind box items in my store, people open them and then leave them on the shelf. Hopefully your store finds theirs somewhere.

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:23 am

StarWarner wrote:I ended up getting a non-flocked Crookshanks from a HT box today. My HT had two untouched cases and I pulled a flocked Crookshanks from one and a regular Crookshanks from the other. Every box I purchased was labeled HT exclusive. It's so weird.

The Hot Topic cases include both versions of Crookshanks, the flocked one is just more rare. (1/36 vs 1/12) So it is totally possible to pull a normal one from a HT case.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:32 pm

wenhol8710 wrote:

The Hot Topic cases include both versions of Crookshanks, the flocked one is just more rare. (1/36 vs 1/12) So it is totally possible to pull a normal one from a HT case.

The mystery of the flocked Crookshanks mystery mini is solved. That was my initial thought, but then it seemed like the flocked one was in most cases. I actually pulled two flocked Crookshanks out of two cases one day. I've pulled three out of four cases. I'm not usually that lucky. I'm happy I was though. Those Crookshanks all had loving homes waiting for them (one stayed with me). Thanks for solving the mystery. :D
ImageImage

ISO:
Maleficent Protos

vegasbaby98

Postby vegasbaby98 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:15 pm

XXDCXBATMAN wrote:If anyone's looking to get rid of some commons for cheap, let me know, I'm down to needing Fawkes, Dumbledore, and all the commons other than Scabbers and Hermione.

Do you need Hedwig still? I have an extra.
Pm me your address and I will ship him out. :)
Rose

Funko collector since 2010
First FDO - FDO8 Baltimore

Funko items in our collection - too many to count! Favorite series - Star Wars!
ImageImage

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:21 pm

I never lucked out with either Fawkes, hoping my window on finding him hasn't closed.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:53 pm

vegasbaby98 wrote:
XXDCXBATMAN wrote:If anyone's looking to get rid of some commons for cheap, let me know, I'm down to needing Fawkes, Dumbledore, and all the commons other than Scabbers and Hermione.

Do you need Hedwig still? I have an extra.
Pm me your address and I will ship him out. :)

I do! I sent you a PM, thank you so much!
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

goofyestes

Postby goofyestes » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:58 am

I posted in another thread that I am just starting out collecting. The Harry Potter Minis are what actually got me interested in collecting. I'm still waiting for my first case to get here that I ordered. Just curious, at this point, will it be more difficult to find them all since they have been out a couple months. I'm not really sure what to expect as far as how quickly they become difficult to find. I know the B&N exclusives will likely be difficult unless I can find someone with duplicates to sell. Is it very often someone gets lucky with exclusives with online orders from Hot Topic? (No stores near me.)
~Niki

Collecting Harry Potter Mystery Minis and Disney Pops and Mystery Minis

WTB: Prince John Pop, B&N Dumbledore Mystery Mini, Meeko and Pascal Princess Mystery Minis, Crocodile and Captain Hook Mystery Minis

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:18 pm

goofyestes wrote:I posted in another thread that I am just starting out collecting. The Harry Potter Minis are what actually got me interested in collecting. I'm still waiting for my first case to get here that I ordered. Just curious, at this point, will it be more difficult to find them all since they have been out a couple months. I'm not really sure what to expect as far as how quickly they become difficult to find. I know the B&N exclusives will likely be difficult unless I can find someone with duplicates to sell. Is it very often someone gets lucky with exclusives with online orders from Hot Topic? (No stores near me.)

It might be harder but not impossible. Stores like Target, Toys R Us and Gamestop will have the non-exclusive boxes. You can sometimes use the box layout posted in this thread to find the spots of ones you need, but they won't always work (especially if the box isn't full or they have combined boxes). Hot Topic seems to have been restocked a couple times so they might have some. Ordering online, you can have some luck getting the exclusives but be warned that they will be random boxes, not from a case, so you could get duplicates even of the 1/12 ones. The Barnes and Noble ones seem to be long gone or picked over at least in my area, but you can always ask them and they may reorder them at some point. As you collect, you can sometimes find others to trade with if you get extras or are missing any. Good luck!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:34 pm

kihou wrote:
goofyestes wrote:I posted in another thread that I am just starting out collecting. The Harry Potter Minis are what actually got me interested in collecting. I'm still waiting for my first case to get here that I ordered. Just curious, at this point, will it be more difficult to find them all since they have been out a couple months. I'm not really sure what to expect as far as how quickly they become difficult to find. I know the B&N exclusives will likely be difficult unless I can find someone with duplicates to sell. Is it very often someone gets lucky with exclusives with online orders from Hot Topic? (No stores near me.)

It might be harder but not impossible. Stores like Target, Toys R Us and Gamestop will have the non-exclusive boxes. You can sometimes use the box layout posted in this thread to find the spots of ones you need, but they won't always work (especially if the box isn't full or they have combined boxes). Hot Topic seems to have been restocked a couple times so they might have some. Ordering online, you can have some luck getting the exclusives but be warned that they will be random boxes, not from a case, so you could get duplicates even of the 1/12 ones. The Barnes and Noble ones seem to be long gone or picked over at least in my area, but you can always ask them and they may reorder them at some point. As you collect, you can sometimes find others to trade with if you get extras or are missing any. Good luck!

I pretty much agree with everything kihou said. For the commons it is actually easy to find them now, especially on ebay. You can generally get a bunch of commons for pretty cheap since all of the early collectors are now trying to offload some of their dupes and recoup some of what they spend. If you already have a case ordered then you will already have all of the commons. Unless you find a fresh case somewhere (which is possible) it is just easier to buy the ones you want off of ebay or other collectors here or on facebook. I have yet to see a re-stock on the Barnes and Noble ones, but it is possible. Hot Topic did seem to restock a couple of weeks ago. I only every bought minis online from Hot Topic for the Supernatural set but I was incredibly lucky and got their rarest exclusive out of the 5 I ordered. Others were not so lucky so it really is just luck of the draw. Trades are really the way to go if you get into minis at all. There are lots of people that collect lots of series and have a ton of dupes. Good luck to you!
Hi, I'm Merri!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:14 pm

I would give the BN ones some time. When the BN Sorting Hat Harry was released, it seemed like that was it and then some time later he showed back up again. Our original shipment of him had been 3, one I'd ordered and two more. Then later on the next shipment was like 6 of them. I expect these to come back around eventually and I'll try to let y'all know if I see them show up in advance.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:23 pm

Just want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has been posting here! Still on a quest for McGonagall (human), both Fawkes, regular Harry, Quidditch Harry, and B&N Dumbledore, but thanks to the layout info, store info, etc, I've managed to get everyone else (snagged cat McGonagall last night thanks to layout info and asking a super helpful Hot Topic employee - also a suggestion from here!). The quest will continue, but I'm better informed, and that's thanks to you all - so again, THANK YOU!
Image ImageImage Image

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:07 pm

I have a normal Crookshanks, drop me a PM if you want him.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:32 am

I have an extra Draco and Dumbledore, in case any one is after them. (I'm looking for Dobby or the McGonagalls)

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:09 pm

wenhol8710 wrote:

I have a normal Crookshanks, drop me a PM if you want him.

I'm down to just needing Fawkes and Fang, but thank you!
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:43 am

BrienneTheBlue wrote:I have an extra Draco and Dumbledore, in case any one is after them. (I'm looking for Dobby or the McGonagalls)

Hi, which Dumbledore? I'm looking for the Barnes & Noble one - definitely interested if it's that one!

Kate
Image ImageImage Image

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Picked up two today at Game Stop (they had two left). It was Ron and Scabbers lol

goofyestes

Postby goofyestes » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:14 pm

kihou wrote:

Thanks so much, Kinou, for the help!
~Niki

WTB: Prince John Pop, B&N Dumbledore Mystery Mini, Meeko and Pascal Princess Mystery Minis, Crocodile and Captain Hook Mystery Minis

goofyestes

Postby goofyestes » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:15 pm

synergy56 wrote:
kihou wrote:

I pretty much agree with everything kihou said. For the commons it is actually easy to find them now, especially on ebay. You can generally get a bunch of commons for pretty cheap since all of the early collectors are now trying to offload some of their dupes and recoup some of what they spend. If you already have a case ordered then you will already have all of the commons. Unless you find a fresh case somewhere (which is possible) it is just easier to buy the ones you want off of ebay or other collectors here or on facebook. I have yet to see a re-stock on the Barnes and Noble ones, but it is possible. Hot Topic did seem to restock a couple of weeks ago. I only every bought minis online from Hot Topic for the Supernatural set but I was incredibly lucky and got their rarest exclusive out of the 5 I ordered. Others were not so lucky so it really is just luck of the draw. Trades are really the way to go if you get into minis at all. There are lots of people that collect lots of series and have a ton of dupes. Good luck to you!

Thank you also, Merri! I appreciate the help!
~Niki

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:47 pm

robertk328 wrote:Picked up two today at Game Stop (they had two left). It was Ron and Scabbers lol

Here's the pic of them, with my new W walker behind them.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:39 pm

robertk328 wrote:Here's the pic of them, with my new W walker behind them.

Scabbers has it coming! :mad:

But these look great! Reminds me I don't even have a Ron pop. Whoops.

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:41 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:Scabbers has it coming! :mad:

But these look great! Reminds me I don't even have a Ron pop. Whoops.

Funny you mention that - he makes me crack up all the time (Bloody hell!) and I don't have one either. Added to my list ;-)

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:49 pm

robertk328 wrote:Funny you mention that - he makes me crack up all the time (Bloody hell!) and I don't have one either. Added to my list ;-)

We've got a few rollin' around at work, I've just put off buying him for awhile.

It's too bad we ran out of the minis though. I wanted to try and help people get the BN exclusives but between getting any in stock and the next time I worked, they were sold out.

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:26 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
robertk328 wrote:Funny you mention that - he makes me crack up all the time (Bloody hell!) and I don't have one either. Added to my list ;-)

We've got a few rollin' around at work, I've just put off buying him for awhile.

It's too bad we ran out of the minis though. I wanted to try and help people get the BN exclusives but between getting any in stock and the next time I worked, they were sold out.

Target near me has a few boxes, might get the rest of them at some point.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:33 pm

robertk328 wrote:Target near me has a few boxes, might get the rest of them at some point.

I haven't had a chance to check my Target yet. They might still have some too, though I don't remember seeing very many minis anywhere in the store.

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:48 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
robertk328 wrote:Target near me has a few boxes, might get the rest of them at some point.

I haven't had a chance to check my Target yet. They might still have some too, though I don't remember seeing very many minis anywhere in the store.

they were with the funko stuff, along the back wall near the entertainment/electronics section. I remember thinking I'd go there for the HP ones since they seemed scarce at other stores (HT, GameStop, etc.)

goofyestes

Postby goofyestes » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Is there plans for a second set of Harry Potter Mystery Minis? So many important characters didn't make it into this first set.
~Niki

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:55 am

I really hope they do a 2nd set, but I also hope they change the ratios up a bit. I seriously don't need 8 Hermiones! And the layout is great, but that only helps if you get an untouched box. Luckily, I have lots of HP friends who have been willing to buy off quite a few of my extras - otherwise I'd be going broke with this!
Image ImageImage Image

Treasuredgirl

Postby Treasuredgirl » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:07 pm

Ugh, the last one I need is of course McGonagall! So. expensive. :-/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Admin in the KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Pop Count: 1,100+
Dorbz Count: 100+
IG: Treasuredgirl

goofyestes

Postby goofyestes » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:22 pm

I have some duplicates if anyone is looking for regular release ones and a HT Harry (Hermione, Ron, Dobby, Hedwig, Fang, Hagrid, Scabbers, Nagini, Harry Tri Wizard).
~Niki

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:18 pm

I have a few extra commons if anyone needs them. I still have a few I'm looking for, too.
These are my extras.
ImageImage

ISO:
Maleficent Protos

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:23 pm

Is anyone in need of Hagrid, Harry or Quidditch Harry? Have a few extras that need to go.
Just a small town girl...

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:36 am

Managed to find a Dobby today, which I'm very happy about although I now have three owls after finding one in the 36/72 space in Forbidden Planet.

I still have a regular Dumbledore and Draco if anyone is looking for them. The only ones I don't have now are the McGongalls.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:11 am

Sunshine29102 wrote:Is anyone in need of Hagrid, Harry or Quidditch Harry? Have a few extras that need to go.

Me! I need a Quidditch Harry!
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”