Your 9POA Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
DARTHMARCO

Re: Your 9POA Questions Answered Here!

Postby DARTHMARCO » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Mr. Reis,

The GOT line looks like is selling and is seems that most stores are out of stock. I bought two sets of all the figures and they look great and play well. My daughter likes that they at least did one woman in the line. She wanted Dany or Arya with Dragons or Needle, either one will be fine. They look great for being 3 3/4 inch and articulation is good to move the figures. Almost all the figures, especially Jon Snow, is sold out near were I live. They are worth buying! Hope they make a second line.

Any updates on the sales from the first line to warrant a second line? Is FUNKO ReAction getting any feedback about the GOT line?

What is FUNKO ReAction goal on the 3 3/4 inch GOT lines? Any little bit will help!

Thank you for always answering the fans questions!

kassle

Postby kassle » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:44 am

Hey Reis -

Are you guys doing any more 9P0A for Legion of Collectors? Because I am still head over heels for Harley. Thx!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:57 am

DARTHMARCO wrote:Mr. Reis,

The GOT line looks like is selling and is seems that most stores are out of stock. I bought two sets of all the figures and they look great and play well. My daughter likes that they at least did one woman in the line. She wanted Dany or Arya with Dragons or Needle, either one will be fine. They look great for being 3 3/4 inch and articulation is good to move the figures. Almost all the figures, especially Jon Snow, is sold out near were I live. They are worth buying! Hope they make a second line.

Any updates on the sales from the first line to warrant a second line? Is FUNKO ReAction getting any feedback about the GOT line?

What is FUNKO ReAction goal on the 3 3/4 inch GOT lines? Any little bit will help!

I don't have any official numbers right now, but it sounds like they're doing well. At this point, what it really boils down to is if the retail stores feel like they moved the needle well enough to order more.

Also, please keep in mind that the 9POA figures are NOT ReAction. ReAction has a certain parameters it has to adhere to. 9POA has far less rules.

The plan so far is to focus on an area/scene in the show per wave. So, for example, the next wave could be King's Landing or whatever.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:11 pm

kassle wrote:Hey Reis -

Are you guys doing any more 9P0A for Legion of Collectors? Because I am still head over heels for Harley. Thx!

We will in the future, yes.

ImageImage

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Just got introduced to this line. Looks like I will have to try eBay for the Harley.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:08 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

I don't have any official numbers right now, but it sounds like they're doing well. At this point, what it really boils down to is if the retail stores feel like they moved the needle well enough to order more.

Also, please keep in mind that the 9POA figures are NOT ReAction. ReAction has a certain parameters it has to adhere to. 9POA has far less rules.

The plan so far is to focus on an area/scene in the show per wave. So, for example, the next wave could be King's Landing or whatever.

Thank you for your answers. Sorry about mentioning ReAction with the 9POA figures. Keep us up to dates!

kassle

Postby kassle » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:42 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
kassle wrote:Hey Reis -

We will in the future, yes.

Hot damn. Awesome. One more subscription to LoC sold. Let em know your work moves product. \:D/

kassle

Postby kassle » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:43 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

So glad to hear it! I'm looking forward to the Wall.

And yes King's Landing, please King's Landing.

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:57 am

Mr. Reis,

What is next for the 9POA?? Is their a list what will come out??

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:22 pm

I can't say yet, but we are working on a list now. Several new lines are being designed as I type this. :)

ImageImage

kassle

Postby kassle » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:02 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

I can't say yet, but we are working on a list now. Several new lines are being designed as I type this. :)

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:00 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

Thank you very much!

Hope that 2017 will have a list for future 9POA lines!

operez086

Postby operez086 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:51 pm

Hi, this is a dumb question but 9POA stands for 9 Points of Articulation, right?
I just wanted to make sure. After seeing the contents of the latest subscription box, I am very interested in this new line. I'm a fan of the ReAction figures so I like the idea of a new but similiar line. The more the better! I look forward to what is going to be coming out in the future
-->Oliver<--
Instagram: oliverjperez

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:54 am

operez086 wrote:Hi, this is a dumb question but 9POA stands for 9 Points of Articulation, right?
I just wanted to make sure. After seeing the contents of the latest subscription box, I am very interested in this new line. I'm a fan of the ReAction figures so I like the idea of a new but similiar line. The more the better! I look forward to what is going to be coming out in the future

Yep! POA stands for "points of articulation", although that's not the only difference between them and ReAction. The 9POA line will strive to be more detailed in sculpts and paints, have a more realistic stance (although I admit that didn't translate as well as I would have liked with the first wave of GoT figures, but we are working on pushing that further), and have far less rigid rules about packaging style, size and stylization.

ImageImage

operez086

Postby operez086 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:57 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:Yep! POA stands for "points of articulation", although that's not the only difference between them and ReAction. The 9POA line will strive to be more detailed in sculpts and paints, have a more realistic stance (although I admit that didn't translate as well as I would have liked with the first wave of GoT figures, but we are working on pushing that further), and have far less rigid rules about packaging style, size and stylization.

Awesome! Thanks for answering back! That's exciting to hear! I honestly was not the biggest fan of the packaging of the Suicude Squad ones (although it may grow one) from the pictures that I've seen but I do love the packaging of the item in the new Legion of Collector's box (I hope I didn't spoil anything) and that item looks crazy cool.
ReAction figures are the only figures I keep in the box 'cause they look so cool that way. I really like the idea of this new line and am very excited to see what you guys come up with!
-->Oliver<--
Instagram: oliverjperez

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:30 am

operez086 wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:Yep! POA stands for "points of articulation", although that's not the only difference between them and ReAction. The 9POA line will strive to be more detailed in sculpts and paints, have a more realistic stance (although I admit that didn't translate as well as I would have liked with the first wave of GoT figures, but we are working on pushing that further), and have far less rigid rules about packaging style, size and stylization.

Awesome! Thanks for answering back! That's exciting to hear! I honestly was not the biggest fan of the packaging of the Suicude Squad ones (although it may grow one) from the pictures that I've seen but I do love the packaging of the item in the new Legion of Collector's box (I hope I didn't spoil anything) and that item looks crazy cool.
ReAction figures are the only figures I keep in the box 'cause they look so cool that way. I really like the idea of this new line and am very excited to see what you guys come up with!

Well, prepare yourself, because we plan to do a lot of experimentation with the 9POA figure packaging. Just another way that we want to differentiate them from ReAction.

ImageImage

kassle

Postby kassle » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:13 pm

The current Legion of Collectors surprise didn't strike me as 9PoA though? Looks more Reaction to me, sculptwise/paintwise (and doesn't have the additional articulation)?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:50 am

kassle wrote:The current Legion of Collectors surprise didn't strike me as 9PoA though? Looks more Reaction to me, sculptwise/paintwise (and doesn't have the additional articulation)?

Oh, are you referring to the WW figure with the jet? That's neither ReAction nor 9POA. Just another fun little action figure experiment we'd thought we try out.

ImageImage

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:22 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:Oh, are you referring to the WW figure with the jet? That's neither ReAction nor 9POA. Just another fun little action figure experiment we'd thought we try out.

I know this isn't the thread for that line... but I just wanted to throw in a quick... love it. Hope to see more.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:13 pm

So it seems you were able to work out a deal to get the rest of the DC Suicide Squad figures out without being in the sub-boxes. Does that mean you will also be able to do more DC figures in this format?
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

Marvel486

Postby Marvel486 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:48 pm

The Suicide Squad figures looks really cool, i thought that these DC figures would be only on the sub-boxes. Any chance to get more DC movie figures like these ones, i would love to get a Justice League on this scale and more in general?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:19 pm

the_Archivist wrote:So it seems you were able to work out a deal to get the rest of the DC Suicide Squad figures out without being in the sub-boxes. Does that mean you will also be able to do more DC figures in this format?

Mmmmmmmmmmaybe.... :)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Marvel486 wrote:The Suicide Squad figures looks really cool, i thought that these DC figures would be only on the sub-boxes. Any chance to get more DC movie figures like these ones, i would love to get a Justice League on this scale and more in general?

Mmmmmmmmaybe.... :D

ImageImage

kassle

Postby kassle » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:25 pm

Ummmm...I am so in love with these and I loooooooooooooooove that the line is continuing (and the selection being completely inclusive of the amazing female characters is AWESOME):

I've been trying to tell y'all here...that LoC Harley was AWESOME!

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:53 pm

Super pumped for Batman and the jail suit Harley. They look awesome.

mdewater

Postby mdewater » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:59 pm

Wow, just discovered this line through the Suicide Squad announcement. While SS isn't for me, I'm super excited about Game of Thrones, they look fantastic. The potential for this 9POA line is just blowing my mind. Can we expect some announcements at NYCC?

Lord of the Rings/Hobbit and Harry Potter are at the top of my list. You could go for years and I'd buy every one!!

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:23 pm

Since the ReAction were canceled, could 9POA X-Files figures happen?
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:00 pm

commodorefunko wrote:Since the ReAction were canceled, could 9POA X-Files figures happen?

Sorry, no plans for X-Files figures at this time.

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:57 pm

Mr. Reis,

Has the GOT action figures Wall line made it a success to warrant a second wave? Mereen or Kings Landing? We need a Dany figure!

Always thank you for your answers.

redmao

Postby redmao » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Glad to see the upcoming Batman figure, but I was wondering if you guys could add a non-scuba head with the figure or are you guys planning to release a "regular" Batman as well?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:07 pm

Has the GOT action figures Wall line made it a success to warrant a second wave? Mereen or Kings Landing? We need a Dany figure!

Always thank you for your answers.

I don't think it's hit stores yet. Should be soon, though.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:08 pm

redmao wrote:Glad to see the upcoming Batman figure, but I was wondering if you guys could add a non-scuba head with the figure or are you guys planning to release a "regular" Batman as well?

The scuba mask is removable. ;)

ImageImage

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:11 pm

This is completely random but any chance of Overwatch?
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:08 pm

popfanboy wrote:This is completely random but any chance of Overwatch?

No plans for Overwatch figures. Sorry!

ImageImage

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:30 pm

Hey, I have a question about the DC line. DCEU is obviously on the table, but will you do any lines for the current DC shows on the CW(Arrow, Flash, Legends, and Supergirl)? I know you guys did some Reaction figures some years back, but I'm wondering if you're considering doing any of those.
Unity, Duty, Destiny

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:41 pm

Any plans for Westworld or is still too early?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:42 am

Ben_ToaofFire wrote:Hey, I have a question about the DC line. DCEU is obviously on the table, but will you do any lines for the current DC shows on the CW(Arrow, Flash, Legends, and Supergirl)? I know you guys did some Reaction figures some years back, but I'm wondering if you're considering doing any of those.

No plans for any of those.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:52 am

bgiles73 wrote:Any plans for Westworld or is still too early?

No plans for Westworld.

ImageImage

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:58 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
Ben_ToaofFire wrote:Hey, I have a question about the DC line. DCEU is obviously on the table, but will you do any lines for the current DC shows on the CW(Arrow, Flash, Legends, and Supergirl)? I know you guys did some Reaction figures some years back, but I'm wondering if you're considering doing any of those.

No plans for any of those.

Aw. :(
Unity, Duty, Destiny

redmao

Postby redmao » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:06 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:The scuba mask is removable. ;)

Ha! Even better.
Thanks!

Return to “Action Figures”