Dorbz Ridez checklist... gone but not forgotten!

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Re: Dorbz Ridez checklist... and WANT list :-)

Postby StarWarner » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Looking at all the photos of the Mystery Machine makes me really want one. I guess I should go get it!

Jetsons' spaceship (Jetsons Dorbz need to happen!) - If the Jetsons are at NYCC I'm going to need an NYCC buddy. :D
I would love to see a Serenity Ridez. I'll take both a Dorbz and Pop version.
Freddy's Ride would be so cute as a Dorbz Ridez!
A Suicide Squad purple Lamborghini with Joker would be awesome!
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Brian@Funko

Postby Brian@Funko » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:38 pm

Double the pleasure double the fun. Two HB and Two Monster Ridez at NYCC!!! Yes!!!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:40 pm

Brian@Funko wrote:Double the pleasure double the fun. Two HB and Two Monster Ridez at NYCC!!! Yes!!!

:eek:

Brian you are killing my wallet!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:46 pm

Brian@Funko wrote:Double the pleasure double the fun. Two HB and Two Monster Ridez at NYCC!!! Yes!!!

Well you know you can count me in :-) Thank you for the hints, very exciting! \:D/
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:50 pm

So excited to see these cereal monster rides!
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:58 pm

YES!!!!! Thank you, Brian!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Today's NYCC wave announcement was a thriller for any Dorbz Ridez collector :-D As you probably read in the Dorbz NYCC thread the other two Banana Splits are finally going to join the fold, and what's this? PENELOPE PITSTOP!!!!!! I watched the live Periscope feed and if I hadn't been at work would have broken into a happy dance when they showed that one, instead I celebrated internally as quietly as I could lol I added these 3 to the master list in the first post. Brian said there would be 4 Ridez for NYCC and he mentioned "monster cereal" so we may get one more during tomorrow's announcement, or it could be a TT exclusive as funkystark suggested.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:54 pm

I thought of you instantly, Tres. Best of luck.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:32 pm

I wanna see Tres' updated ridez display after this con.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

Trixt

Postby Trixt » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:40 am

Hm...so today is apparently Star Wars/Disney, so seems doubtful that we will get the cereal today. Fright night exclusives?
Name is Wil.

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:16 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:I thought of you instantly, Tres. Best of luck.

Thank you sir! I will have them all, even if it means eating ramen for a month lol

Flex Luthor wrote:I wanna see Tres' updated ridez display after this con.

I'm in the process of converting one of my rooms into a display/ build hobby space. It's taking me forever because I'm having to move a lot of stuff out of the room, but once it's done the Ridez will all come out of their boxes!

Trixt wrote:

Hm...so today is apparently Star Wars/Disney, so seems doubtful that we will get the cereal today. Fright night exclusives?

There is a rumor list that's been floating around since before the wave announcements started. It has (spoiler ahead)
Spoiler: show
a Count Chocula Dorbz Ridez and a monster cereal Dorbz 3 pack
listed as Toy Tokyo exclusives. Everything else on the list has come to pass just as predicted, so it seems like pretty solid info. So yeah, we probably won't see that in today's wave announcement but it will likely follow whenever TT does their announcements.

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:07 am

Toy Tokyo finally posted their exclusives for NYCC and Count Chocula is confirmed, yay :-) I don't know if they did it on purpose but I thought it was amusing that they gave him number 13 :-) I added him to the master list on page 1.

Also I'm not sure if anyone collects the old Wacky Wobbler rides, but I have a few including Count Chocula. I noticed the new Dorbz Ridez car looked very familiar, below is a comparison of the two. At first I thought maybe they were using the same mold but there are some very slight variations if you look closely, so I think it's a new mold. But they are staying true to the original Wobbler designs for the vehicles which is pretty cool.

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:20 am

treswright wrote:Toy Tokyo finally posted their exclusives for NYCC and Count Chocula is confirmed, yay :-) I don't know if they did it on purpose but I thought it was amusing that they gave him number 13 :-) I added him to the master list on page 1.

Also I'm not sure if anyone collects the old Wacky Wobbler rides, but I have a few including Count Chocula. I noticed the new Dorbz Ridez car looked very familiar, below is a comparison of the two. At first I thought maybe they were using the same mold but there are some very slight variations if you look closely, so I think it's a new mold. But they are staying true to the original Wobbler designs for the vehicles which is pretty cool.

Spoiler: show

Great info, thanks ! Man, Funko is really stepping up their game with these new dorbz ridez.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:16 pm

So there I was, scrolling through the Funko Blog thinking "OK I don't really see anything here I need in these new Moana releases" when suddenly the clouds parted, a ray of light shone down and there it was....

I really love that Funko doesn't limit their Rides and Ridez to just cars, this looks really cool :-)

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:20 pm

Well NYCC has come and gone and where in the heck did all the Dorbz Ridez go? For SDCC the Ridez were available at PC and FPI, but this time around they have not shown up anywhere other than at the con. Maybe TT will post the Count on their site at some point, but I've read comments that TT sold out of everything at the con so that may not happen either. I've resorted to eBay to pick up the Count and Fleegle, still on the hunt for a fair deal on Drooper and Penelope. I will get them sooner or later :-)

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:51 pm

treswright wrote:Well NYCC has come and gone and where in the heck did all the Dorbz Ridez go? For SDCC the Ridez were available at PC and FPI, but this time around they have not shown up anywhere other than at the con. Maybe TT will post the Count on their site at some point, but I've read comments that TT sold out of everything at the con so that may not happen either. I've resorted to eBay to pick up the Count and Fleegle, still on the hunt for a fair deal on Drooper and Penelope. I will get them sooner or later :-)

Yeah I had hoped one ride would pop up somewhere. I missed all the Dorbz on Gemini and FPi. Heres to hoping eBay prices come down in a week or two.
Dorian Arloe

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:27 pm

Arloe8 wrote:Yeah I had hoped one ride would pop up somewhere. I missed all the Dorbz on Gemini and FPi. Heres to hoping eBay prices come down in a week or two.

I'm thinking that with everyone unwinding from NYCC this week and starting to get their extras posted up that the supply should start to balance out demand and the prices should trend downward. It's already started, Penelope was hitting 120 during the con and is under 80 shipped now. I still think that's a little high for an LE2000, I'm going to give it a bit more time before pulling the trigger. She will be mine though, oh yes she will :devil:

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:22 pm

Yeah, I've been checking eBay but I've learned to give it a few days for prices to come down.
Dorian Arloe

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:08 pm

OK so where are all the Penelopes? Check out this comparison of quantities on eBay right now:

Penelope.........LE2000...11
Drooper............LE300...19
Fleegle............LE300....19
Freddy's Taxi....LE2000....81

Something is not right there. A ton of Penelopes seem to be unaccounted for. I wonder if she will be tomorrow's Funko Shop exclusive? Has anyone heard any rumors to that effect?

jenikinz

Postby jenikinz » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:13 pm

treswright wrote:OK so where are all the Penelopes? Check out this comparison of quantities on eBay right now:

Something is not right there. A ton of Penelopes seem to be unaccounted for. I wonder if she will be tomorrow's Funko Shop exclusive? Has anyone heard any rumors to that effect?

I would cry, as I am working 6-3 and there is no way I would be able to get one. I want the Penelope so bad.
:smt061 Jen

TheNeck

Postby TheNeck » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:15 pm

treswright wrote:OK so where are all the Penelopes? Check out this comparison of quantities on eBay right now:

that would be awesome if she was. :D i haven't heard any rumors for tomorrow's item.
Call me Roger(Rog) https://www.instagram.com/thenecks_funkos/
Funklub #4453
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:33 pm

jenikinz wrote:I would cry, as I am working 6-3 and there is no way I would be able to get one. I want the Penelope so bad.

They have been VERY consistent about posting Wednesday exclusives between 12:00 and 12:15 Central, maybe you can time your lunch or a break for that time?

TheNeck wrote:that would be awesome if she was. :D i haven't heard any rumors for tomorrow's item.

I haven't heard anything either. It's just strange that that one was 2000 units, wasn't sold anywhere but the con yet hasn't really made an appearance on eBay in numbers one would expect. If Funko held back say 1500 for the Funko Shop then that would totally explain the eBay numbers I posted. It's just a complete guess on my part, but I for one will be anxiously F5'ing tomorrow lol

jenikinz

Postby jenikinz » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:27 pm

treswright wrote:
jenikinz wrote:I would cry, as I am working 6-3 and there is no way I would be able to get one. I want the Penelope so bad.

They have been VERY consistent about posting Wednesday exclusives between 12:00 and 12:15 Central, maybe you can time your lunch or a break for that time?

Yeah, I have noticed that. The last several weeks my schedule has been perfect, since I was home during release time. The next 3 weeks though, I will be in the middle of work, and the breaks are computer scheduled in, and can't be modified unfortunately :(

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:22 am

I saw something that might be tomorrow's item. But it was NOT a Penelope.

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:54 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:I saw something that might be tomorrow's item. But it was NOT a Penelope.

It seemed pretty unlikely that they would post her this far after the con, but I'm still wondering where they all are!!

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:05 am

treswright wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:I saw something that might be tomorrow's item. But it was NOT a Penelope.

It seemed pretty unlikely that they would post her this far after the con, but I'm still wondering where they all are!!

My wallet would love if she made her way to Funko Shop :D We have had some old SDCC Hikari and some of the ECCC exclusives on the FS, But I am really interested in on e of those other rumored FS exclusives as well.
Last edited by Arloe8 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian Arloe

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:06 pm

It is Penelope in Funko shop. Meh.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

funkolife

Postby funkolife » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:10 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:It is Penelope in Funko shop. Meh.

Yeap, will skip this week

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:41 pm

I am so rarely right that I hope everyone will forgive me if I just savor this moment for a while :cheers: lol

TheNeck

Postby TheNeck » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:04 pm

treswright wrote:

I am so rarely right that I hope everyone will forgive me if I just savor this moment for a while :cheers: lol

you nailed it! :D

i ordered one as well. ;)

i would have order the shirt but my size was OOS but the time i heard people mention the shirt. :(
Funklub #4453
ImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:14 pm

TheNeck wrote:you nailed it! :D

i ordered one as well. ;)

i would have order the shirt but my size was OOS but the time i heard people mention the shirt. :(

Thank you and congrats! :-) I was so focused on F5'ing and checking out that I never even saw the email and also missed out on the shirt too. I'm sure they'll have a cool one for us at Fright Night though :-)

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:36 pm

treswright wrote:

Its crazy that you called this...I wonder what else your crystal ball holds...
Dorian Arloe

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:36 pm

I'm really enjoying how a lot of these Ridez (and Rides too) have cute backgrounds on the inner backs of the boxes. It's a really nice touch, especially for those of us who keep the Ride in the box :D
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

jenikinz

Postby jenikinz » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:07 pm

I missed out on Penelope, hopefully I will be around when TT lists the cereal monsters and the count ridez.

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:45 am

Arloe8 wrote:Its crazy that you called this...I wonder what else your crystal ball holds...

Fruit Brute Dorbz Ridez at Fright Night, you heard it here first :-D Actually since I got one thing right it probably means the next 10 things I guess will be wrong lol

valorandvellum wrote:I'm really enjoying how a lot of these Ridez (and Rides too) have cute backgrounds on the inner backs of the boxes. It's a really nice touch, especially for those of us who keep the Ride in the box :D

Definitely! I really love the psychedelic backdrops in the Banana Splits Ridez! The entire packaging really emphasizes the 70's vibe :-)

jenikinz wrote:I missed out on Penelope, hopefully I will be around when TT lists the cereal monsters and the count ridez.

Oh noooooo! Sorry you missed it, but the good news is so many have flooded eBay now that the price has dropped like a rock!

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:36 pm

valorandvellum wrote:I'm really enjoying how a lot of these Ridez (and Rides too) have cute backgrounds on the inner backs of the boxes. It's a really nice touch, especially for those of us who keep the Ride in the box :D

I have my invisible jet ridez on my mantle with the blue sky and clouds background from the box behind it :D
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Updated the first post with pics of the other two Banana Splits and the Count Chocula Ridez. I think Penelope is due to arrive today, so my Ridez collection will be complete again... pending the next releases :-)

Here's a bonus pic of the complete Banana Splits set:

Strending625 wrote:I have my invisible jet ridez on my mantle with the blue sky and clouds background from the box behind it :D

Nice! A while back someone posted a pic of a niche they had made, they used the backdrop and it filled up the entire back of the niche, looked really neat! I think it was the Dewback.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:19 pm

Loving this thread Tres! I try to avoid the Ridez, but I'm slowly picking up a few of them.

I wonder if there will be some LE Ridez at Fright Night - if so I'm sorry and good luck! lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:13 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Loving this thread Tres! I try to avoid the Ridez, but I'm slowly picking up a few of them.

I wonder if there will be some LE Ridez at Fright Night - if so I'm sorry and good luck! lol

There will definitely be one there, Brian has already said so :-) He said it's going to be another monster cereal Ridez and it will be shared between Fright Night and the Funko Shop. I'm guessing it'll show up on the shop next Wednesday. And fingers crossed that we all get one at Fright Night \:D/

TheNeck

Postby TheNeck » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:52 pm

treswright wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:Loving this thread Tres! I try to avoid the Ridez, but I'm slowly picking up a few of them.

There will definitely be one there, Brian has already said so :-) He said it's going to be another monster cereal Ridez and it will be shared between Fright Night and the Funko Shop. I'm guessing it'll show up on the shop next Wednesday. And fingers crossed that we all get one at Fright Night \:D/

im hoping we all get one. :freddy2:
Funklub #4453
ImageImage

Return to “Dorbz”