X men Dorbz Wave 2

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
DonCaballero

Re: X men Dorbz Wave 2

Postby DonCaballero » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:09 pm

after searching for days and going to every walmart in northern california looking for the exclusive unmasked kylo, i promised myself to always just pay the extra costs for exclusives on ebay to avoid walmarts altogether. looks like i'll have to be doing that for the walmart exclusive cable.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:14 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:I might actually be screaming right now. That Beast/X-Jet Ridez!

Someone call Tres!

This is one of his coworkers, we found him passed out at his desk and this picture up on his monitor. Hopefully he will be OK.

lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:18 pm

treswright wrote:This is one of his coworkers, we found him passed out at his desk and this picture up on his monitor. Hopefully he will be OK.

lol

He'll probably be okay, but RIP his wallet!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:18 pm

That Beast with the Blackbird is the greatest Dorbz Ride EVER!!!!!!!!! My all time-favorite X-Man!!!! I can't believe I'm saying this but I want this whole set!!!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Lol Hipster Beast. I like that ridez too.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:33 pm

These are spectacular. Since X-Men was my favorite comic growing up - I will need to obtain ALL OF THESE!
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:07 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Image

They actually did it. Currently my most wanted Dorbz.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Oh man Cable he was probably my fav growing up! That's awesome.

Beast and ride looks great too but I don't do rides so I can skip that one.

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Ugh. Walmart. Mine are no help at all. I may need some Funatic helpers on these.

Beast is super cute. His glasses are amazing!

I'm so behind on Dorbz chases. I need to start getting more of them and now they give us this awesome Emma Frost? What? I have to find her. She's wonderful.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:25 pm

I'm all over this one. RIP wallet as I'll have to go to ebay. My Walmarts stink.
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:28 pm

absyrd wrote:
I'm all over this one. RIP wallet as I'll have to go to ebay. My Walmarts stink.

I'd be shocked if it cost more than $15 shipped on eBay.

Stu

Postby Stu » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:40 pm

I need all of these...I loathe Wal-Mart exclusives...mostly because every Wal-Mart I go into is so disorganized and messy. Also, it is hit-or-miss on whether they have the exclusives.
Last edited by Stu on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:41 pm

StarWarner wrote:Ugh. Walmart. Mine are no help at all. I may need some Funatic helpers on these.

I'm so behind on Dorbz chases. I need to start getting more of them and now they give us this awesome Emma Frost? What? I have to find her. She's wonderful.

Right with you on that Tiffany. Walmarts in NorCal never seem to have anything in stock either. I never bought anything on Walmart.com but it seems their exclusives become readily available online.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Best Dorbz line ever? Probably.

Ps. I hope we get a black suit Storm down the road.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Flex Luthor wrote:
StarWarner wrote:Ugh. Walmart. Mine are no help at all. I may need some Funatic helpers on these.

Right with you on that Tiffany. Walmarts in NorCal never seem to have anything in stock either. I never bought anything on Walmart.com but it seems their exclusives become readily available online.

I hope these are available online. I always seem to miss the Walmart exclusives when they go up. I've tried the email alerts, but I get alerts for camping equipment and other random I don't want instead. Sometimes I think there are Walmart employees sending out emails and laughing evils laughs. lol
I'll still be looking for the X-Men exclusives, though. It's a good thing I've built a pretty strong Funko network. :D
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:36 pm

Stu wrote:I need all of these...I loathe Wal-Mart exclusives...mostly because every Wal-Mart I go into is so disorganized and messy. Also, it is hit-or-miss on whether they have the exclusives.

I hardly ever see them in stock in stores, but WM has gotten better about posting exclusives online and I've had excellent luck ordering them with the ship-to-store option. It's the same cost as buying it in-store without all the headaches of driving all over town looking for it.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Never seen a Dorbz in a Walmart so they might be online only. As long as they a actually stock them, I am okay with that.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Wow what an awesome job with the chase! All must haves...thank you Funko for making more x-men items!

Stu

Postby Stu » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:56 pm

treswright wrote:
Stu wrote:I need all of these...I loathe Wal-Mart exclusives...mostly because every Wal-Mart I go into is so disorganized and messy. Also, it is hit-or-miss on whether they have the exclusives.

I hardly ever see them in stock in stores, but WM has gotten better about posting exclusives online and I've had excellent luck ordering them with the ship-to-store option. It's the same cost as buying it in-store without all the headaches of driving all over town looking for it.

That's good to know. Thanks!

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:59 pm

These were designed by Reis, so tell him how awesome he is.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

Jenes1

Postby Jenes1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:13 pm

Stu wrote:
treswright wrote:

Just a word of caution, I've used site to store on two Funko items so far (Howard the Duck Dorbz and the Ghostbusters 3-pack). Both arrived looking like they had been kicked all the way from distribution in Nebraska to my store in Texas. The employees who handed them to me completely crushed didn't even act like it was an big deal. :(
ImageImage

Stu

Postby Stu » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:34 pm

Jenes1 wrote:
Stu wrote:
treswright wrote:

Just a word of caution, I've used site to store on two Funko items so far (Howard the Duck Dorbz and the Ghostbusters 3-pack). Both arrived looking like they had been kicked all the way from distribution in Nebraska to my store in Texas. The employees who handed them to me completely crushed didn't even act like it was an big deal. :(

I'm sorry that happened to you with your orders. I am an OOB collector, so it would not be that big a deal to me as long as the Dorb and Ride are not damaged.

FarleyFour

Postby FarleyFour » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Strending625 wrote:Beast with blackbird ridez coming to Walmart

But why does it have to a Walmart exclusive? Always a headache there!
:freddy3: collecting DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Disney and now Game of Thrones.

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:49 pm

That Emma Frost chase looks amazing. I would be interested in both of her as well as the Dark Phoenix if I happen to see them in my area. Very unlikely, but not impossible. B&N would be my best chance, they have the most Dorbz.

I'm very surprised to see Walmart exclusives, considering they don't sell Dorbz. Hopefully this means they will be getting into the Dorbz business soon, but I'm expecting these will be online only.

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:03 pm

I'm curious to know if the funko mystery box that has shown up in Walmart's systems for $20 is the beast and blackbird ridez :-k
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Princess

Postby Princess » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:28 am

Oh boy. I just pre-ordered the regular set and hoping beyond hope that PC are able to get in Cable. He and Psylocke are my faves from this set. They look amazing. As a newcomer to dorbz, I have been really impressed by the detail they manage to get on the dorbz and how much personality they can get into such small figures. I really like this series.

On a tangent.....it's interesting to see the comments about price on this thread and how cheap some dorbz seem to be in the USA. Dorbz are $14.99 each here, whereas pops are $18.99. I have always thought that price was the biggest factor in dorbz having almost no popularity here as with almost no price difference, most people buy the pop. But it seems that really low prices doesn't seemed to have made a huge difference in the popularity of dorbz in the USA. So there goes my theory out the window lol.
signature created by bathtub-tigers

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:51 am

Princess wrote:Oh boy. I just pre-ordered the regular set and hoping beyond hope that PC are able to get in Cable. He and Psylocke are my faves from this set. They look amazing. As a newcomer to dorbz, I have been really impressed by the detail they manage to get on the dorbz and how much personality they can get into such small figures. I really like this series.

On a tangent.....it's interesting to see the comments about price on this thread and how cheap some dorbz seem to be in the USA. Dorbz are $14.99 each here, whereas pops are $18.99. I have always thought that price was the biggest factor in dorbz having almost no popularity here as with almost no price difference, most people buy the pop. But it seems that really low prices doesn't seemed to have made a huge difference in the popularity of dorbz in the USA. So there goes my theory out the window lol.

I think it's because of how boring the initial waves of Dorbz were. They all looked relatively the same and uninspired. Not to mention the quality control on the GotG wave was sub-par. I'm glad Funko stepped up their game now though because it's just more for me to collect :cheers:

As for more thoughts on this set, I'm settled on getting Chase Emma, Cable and maybe the Blackwing. Already have to get the 2 Monster Cereal Dorbz Rides so I don't think I'll have anymore room.
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:54 am

Yeah...I want them all...and hopefully Mohawk Storm someday.

That will be my first and hopefully last Dorbz Ride too, if I can snag it. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:05 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Spoiler: show

treswright wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Curse you, Walmart! I've barely seen Pops in Walmart, now we have to worry about Dorbz when I've never once seen any Dorbz at all in Walmart. Just recently started seeing the Pops in toys where Walmart actually controls it, and it has some Rock Candy and Mystery Minis and Mopeez, and over in the trading cards there's a Fabrikations or two, but Dorbz are nowhere to be found.. so I hope they're online, and easy to get.

The Emma Frost Chase doesn't surprise me, Dorbz are so easy to make variants of, which is the main reason I don't get more of them, but with the Pops being bobbleheads and my extreme dislike of bobbleheads, the Dorbz were a no brainer. I just hope I can get the Chase without having to pay too much, I'm not rich or anything lol

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:39 am

kevin87 wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Curse you, Walmart! I've barely seen Pops in Walmart, now we have to worry about Dorbz when I've never once seen any Dorbz at all in Walmart. Just recently started seeing the Pops in toys where Walmart actually controls it, and it has some Rock Candy and Mystery Minis and Mopeez, and over in the trading cards there's a Fabrikations or two, but Dorbz are nowhere to be found.. so I hope they're online, and easy to get.

The Emma Frost Chase doesn't surprise me, Dorbz are so easy to make variants of, which is the main reason I don't get more of them, but with the Pops being bobbleheads and my extreme dislike of bobbleheads, the Dorbz were a no brainer. I just hope I can get the Chase without having to pay too much, I'm not rich or anything lol

Dorbz Chases range from $15-35 on the secondary market. Initially she may be at the higher range, but should drop to around $20 if she follows the norm.

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:09 am

Jenes1 wrote:
Stu wrote:
treswright wrote:

Ouch!! I'm in Texas as well, I have them sent to my local store in Forney. They've always arrived in perfect shape and when I pick them up the employee always opens the box and lets me inspect the contents to make sure they're OK. Sorry to hear your store doesn't take the same care!

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:46 am

Beast looks pretty cool. I wonder if we will get a Dorbz in the upcoming CC box :-k
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:00 am

So awesome! I will be stalking my Walmart until I find this piece lol
Jayson

ImageImageImage

adriannicholas

Postby adriannicholas » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:40 am

So I just started the X-men Dorbz and now I'm mad I didn't get Juggernaut because I'm having trouble finding him now for a reasonable price :(

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:37 am

adriannicholas wrote:So I just started the X-men Dorbz and now I'm mad I didn't get Juggernaut because I'm having trouble finding him now for a reasonable price :(

Check your local fye. All of fye's NYCC exclusives been showing up in retail stores despite them saying the opposite. I saw 6 Juggys there myself but I had already ordered from FPI.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:12 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
kevin87 wrote:

Dorbz Chases range from $15-35 on the secondary market. Initially she may be at the higher range, but should drop to around $20 if she follows the norm.

Here's hoping, I couldn't pay more than $25 shipped for it lol

adriannicholas

Postby adriannicholas » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:13 pm

When do these come out?!? Weren't they being released with the Pops! and yet I'm seeing pics of people with the new X-men Pops!and even came across Psylocke at Hot Topic. Reason I'm getting desperate now is cause I preordered these and the Pops! but it won't ship out until they get these in stock so they can ship all together :/

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:18 pm

The Sabretooth Dorbz showed up on Radar Toys so they're showing up slowly.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:38 pm

Storm, Cyclops and Psylocke have rolled in to Radar Toys. So unfair. It'll probably take another 2 weeks for them to get to the east coast.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

Return to “Dorbz”