Reaction figures no longer being produced by Funko

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Reaction figures no longer being produced by Funko

Postby jambes » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:33 pm

From Super 7:

November 10th, 2016
San Francisco, Ca.

Super7 Retail, Inc. and Funko, LLC are pleased to announce that, effective immediately, Super7 Retail will resume designing, manufacturing, and distributing ReAction Figures and related merchandise. Since 2013, Super7 has partnered with Funko to release the ReAction line to great success. Super7 will build on that success by debuting a variety of new and exciting ReAction Figures in the coming months and years. Funko will continue to focus on growing its core lines of pop culture-licensed collectibles and apparel into 2017 and beyond, including developing an all-new line of action figures produced solely by Funko. Super7 invites inquiries from wholesalers, retailers and licensees regarding Super7’s full-line of ReAction Figures.
Last edited by jambes on Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: Reaction figures no longer being produced

Postby MorbidGee » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:35 pm

That's cool :) I actually like the Reaction Figures so I'm happy for this :)
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:16 pm

As long as the line continues, I'm happy. Funko gave us some amazing properties that I could have only dreamed of as a kid so I'm forever grateful to them.

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:24 pm

Interesting news, thanks for sharing. I'm really intrigued by Super 7 as a company, and how much money it takes to produce this line from start to finish. I'm surprised that Funko is dropping it I guess.
San Diego funatic

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:26 am

I visited super7 when I flew in for fright night, they actually had a sweet he man line that just came out.

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:35 am

I think this is a good fit for the Reaction line. Super 7 has done a great job with them. I really thought that they would sell better than they did, but clearly have a strong niche market which fits well with Super 7.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:48 am

I'm happy that the like won't die entirely. Looking forward to see what Super 7 does with this. I meant to head to the store when I was in SD but I ran out of time.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:20 pm

Might want to tweak that thread title, it's a bit misleading.

Very curious to see what Super7 will bring back to the line since this was their baby from the get-go that they partnered with Funko to expand. The He-Man ones are really nice and hopefully a great indicator of what's to come...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Super 7 has had some really nice ReAction figures before, so i'm ok with this!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:53 pm

I will miss all the interaction with Reis. He was our contact on the inside and for that we owe him a helluva big thanks! Thank You Reis! Does anyone know if Bryan Flynn over at Super 7 is aware of all our posts here at funkofunatic or if he maintains an ongoing relationship with customers similar to Reis does here? I've spoken with him on thefwoosh.com or another forum and he seems to be a nice guy, but I don't think he'll have the time to do something similar to what Reis has done for us here. Thanks again Reis, I look forward to any info you have with us about Funko's plans going forward but am going to miss your input concerning Reaction figures all the same!

ReActionator

Postby ReActionator » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:04 pm

There were more ReAction's announced by Funko and I'll be curious to know what will become of those, will they still be made?

I hope we will get a fuller announcement on the plans for the ReAction line from Super7.

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:52 pm

Super 7 does some awesome work, I wouldn't let this worry me if I was a reaction collector.

Super7

Postby Super7 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:10 pm

If anything I will try my best to answer any questions here. My name is Kris and I manage the super7 store in San Diego.

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:13 pm

This is in the best interest of both companies. Funko sheds a line that I think they should never have gotten into (niche action figures) and Super7 gets a line that they should do very well with (niche action figures).
Funklub: 11181

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Re: Reaction figures no longer being produced by Funko

Postby Lonikins » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:14 pm

Quite interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what Super7 plans to do with the line.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:52 pm

Hi Super7/Kris! I guess that answers some of my question about having an "inside guy" at Super 7! Lol I and a lot of other people were very impressed with the Funko effort on Dark Crystal and Nightmare Before Christmas Wave 2. Brian Flynn stated that the return of Reaction to Super 7 is not due to any bad vibes between either company and y'all are all in fact on very friendly terms. Does the move back to Super 7 leave room for joint ventures between both design teams? I can see properties that were maybe non-viable and off the table at Funko being fair game once again at Super 7. I'm talking V, Battlestar Galactica, Blade Runner, The Thing, etc.

DarthScooby

Postby DarthScooby » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:50 pm

This is cool with me. Super 7 ALWAYS does such a great job with their ReAction/ReAction style figures. Like Alien, Masters of the Universe, etc. They always have better packaging, better paint apps, and an overall better quality. Funko made some really cool ReAction stuff, don't get me wrong, but Super 7 started ReAction, and always seem to execute so well.

Plus, it just doesn't seem Funko has time. They are spreading themselves thin with ALL these different lines and products with Pop! Pencil toppers, minis, Mystery Minis, Dorbz, Mopeez, Rock Candy, Mugs, shirts, pins, pens, 9 points of articulation 3.75" figures, etc. (But i'm not complaining, it's cool stuff :) )

My one concern is, will Super 7 be able to get access to as many licenses/properties as Funko was able to provide for the ReAction line. Will they be able to do things like Star Trek: TNG, Conan, Red Sonja, etc that we thought were still to come from Funko? Will those properties be allowed to carry over to Super 7? Will they be able to secure NEW properties to keep the line fun and interesting?

I don't know, but i'm excited, and have faith in Super 7. Those Mega Man, Street Fighter 2, and HellBoy 3.75" ReAction looking figures look AWESOME. PLUS, Super 7 will now be doing one of my favorite toy lines in the world, MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS!!!!!

Best of luck to Super 7 as they grow and evolve, and thank you Funko for all the cool ReAction figures you did give us :)

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:08 pm

bgiles73 wrote:I will miss all the interaction with Reis. He was our contact on the inside and for that we owe him a helluva big thanks! Thank You Reis! Does anyone know if Bryan Flynn over at Super 7 is aware of all our posts here at funkofunatic or if he maintains an ongoing relationship with customers similar to Reis does here? I've spoken with him on thefwoosh.com or another forum and he seems to be a nice guy, but I don't think he'll have the time to do something similar to what Reis has done for us here. Thanks again Reis, I look forward to any info you have with us about Funko's plans going forward but am going to miss your input concerning Reaction figures all the same!

Pretty sure Bryan Flynn is super active over at SkullBrain.org

ReActionator

Postby ReActionator » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:57 pm

Super7 wrote:If anything I will try my best to answer any questions here. My name is Kris and I manage the super7 store in San Diego.

DarthScooby wrote:My one concern is, will Super 7 be able to get access to as many licenses/properties as Funko was able to provide for the ReAction line. Will they be able to do things like Star Trek: TNG, Conan, Red Sonja, etc that we thought were still to come from Funko? Will those properties be allowed to carry over to Super 7? Will they be able to secure NEW properties to keep the line fun and interesting?

Basically I have other questions and the same questions as above: what happens to the few lines that were supposed to come (Bill & Ted, BttF 2, Addams Family) and what about successful lines continuing (another wave of Nightmare Before Christmas, more Golden Girls).

There was also one Dark Crystal set, Garthim and Kira, scheduled for a shared retailer release, is that happening?

Are your figures still going to be available in retailers like TRU and B&N, and through your website?

There was a shift at Funko to a more realistic and detailed sculpt to the figures, will this be the same at Super7?

Will the design team of the figures stay the same, or are they changing?

Will there be a raise in price for single figures? With Funko they were $10, with Super7 they are $15.

Funko was very active on social media with announcements and listening to customers, is Super7 going to be as easily accessible for release schedule and product discussion?

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:53 pm

[quote="DarthScooby"]

My one concern is, will Super 7 be able to get access to as many licenses/properties as Funko was able to provide for the ReAction line. Will they be able to do things like Star Trek: TNG, Conan, Red Sonja, etc that we thought were still to come from Funko? Will those properties be allowed to carry over to Super 7? Will they be able to secure NEW properties to keep the line fun and interesting?

quote]

I hope that Super 7 can continue FUNKO's ReAction line with all that were announced above. It is in good faith that Super 7 will be supported by the ReAction fans if what we expected could be done the same way FUNKO has delivered ReAction. Also with Mr. Reis answering our questions we could have inside contact that could always help us out.

angrykoalagear

Postby angrykoalagear » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:29 pm

This was definitely interesting news to hear. Super7 has always come through with bringing great vinyl and with the beginning of the lost Alien figure line is what got me to ReAction Figures. It worked huge when they were just right across from Funko at SDCC to bring along a number of series. I loved the Alien line because it was retro. I enjoyed the Universal Monsters and NBC line as well. My favorite though has been the Dark Crystal figures, amazing sculpts and paints.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:35 pm

bgiles73 wrote:I will miss all the interaction with Reis. He was our contact on the inside and for that we owe him a helluva big thanks! Thank You Reis! Does anyone know if Bryan Flynn over at Super 7 is aware of all our posts here at funkofunatic or if he maintains an ongoing relationship with customers similar to Reis does here? I've spoken with him on thefwoosh.com or another forum and he seems to be a nice guy, but I don't think he'll have the time to do something similar to what Reis has done for us here. Thanks again Reis, I look forward to any info you have with us about Funko's plans going forward but am going to miss your input concerning Reaction figures all the same!

Uhhhh... you can still interact with me! I just won't have any ReAction answers for ya. ;) But I'm still here for any of your Funko action figure inquiries. :)
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:37 pm

ReActionator wrote:There were more ReAction's announced by Funko and I'll be curious to know what will become of those, will they still be made?

I hope we will get a fuller announcement on the plans for the ReAction line from Super7.

All of our previously announced ReAction figure lines have been cancelled. Sorry.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:39 pm

ReActionator wrote:
Super7 wrote:If anything I will try my best to answer any questions here. My name is Kris and I manage the super7 store in San Diego.

DarthScooby wrote:My one concern is, will Super 7 be able to get access to as many licenses/properties as Funko was able to provide for the ReAction line. Will they be able to do things like Star Trek: TNG, Conan, Red Sonja, etc that we thought were still to come from Funko? Will those properties be allowed to carry over to Super 7? Will they be able to secure NEW properties to keep the line fun and interesting?

Basically I have other questions and the same questions as above: what happens to the few lines that were supposed to come (Bill & Ted, BttF 2, Addams Family) and what about successful lines continuing (another wave of Nightmare Before Christmas, more Golden Girls).

There was also one Dark Crystal set, Garthim and Kira, scheduled for a shared retailer release, is that happening?

Are your figures still going to be available in retailers like TRU and B&N, and through your website?

There was a shift at Funko to a more realistic and detailed sculpt to the figures, will this be the same at Super7?

Will the design team of the figures stay the same, or are they changing?

Will there be a raise in price for single figures? With Funko they were $10, with Super7 they are $15.

Funko was very active on social media with announcements and listening to customers, is Super7 going to be as easily accessible for release schedule and product discussion?

To chime in on one of these questions, the design team will change. Funko designers and sculptors will no longer be working an any ReAction figures. But Super 7 has more than shown us that they can produce some killer stuff!

ImageImage

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:26 pm

So is it safe to assume that Reaction figures will still have the same distribution? aka, I can still cleanup at my local Toys R Us? :)
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Hearing about what's coming down the pipes in the 3 3/4" 9 POA lines has certainly numbed the sting of the loss of the Reaction brand. I just really hope that the powers that be at Funko can find benefit in adding Star Trek to the roster yet again and give us waves from every series with character likenesses that aren't in doubt and we can finally have that 3 3/4" Captain Kirk that looks like William Shatner. Just don't stop there, bring us something from all the shows and movies please!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:18 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:So is it safe to assume that Reaction figures will still have the same distribution? aka, I can still cleanup at my local Toys R Us? :)

I can't speak for Super 7's distribution. Sorry.

ImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:43 pm

Squird wrote:This is in the best interest of both companies. Funko sheds a line that I think they should never have gotten into (niche action figures) and Super7 gets a line that they should do very well with (niche action figures).

Totally agree. We always go to the Super 7 booth and then across the street with the Skeletor coin to their store. I never could see the connection between the ReAction figures and the pops. Good move for both companies!
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Return to “Action Figures”