Harry Potter Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
WickedWonderland

Re: Harry Potter Mystery Minis

Postby WickedWonderland » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:44 pm

I'm down to just needing Regular Harry, Fawkes, and McGonnacat to complete my set....which I'll likely never do. D:

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:56 am

BARNES AND NOBLE HAS THE MINIS AVAILABLE FOR SALE ONLINE!!! This is not a drill! Move people!!!! (Just placed an order for 2 - figured it was worth a shot. I'll keep checking for availability in store in the meantime!)
Image ImageImage Image

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:02 pm

Katers wrote:BARNES AND NOBLE HAS THE MINIS AVAILABLE FOR SALE ONLINE!!! This is not a drill! Move people!!!! (Just placed an order for 2 - figured it was worth a shot. I'll keep checking for availability in store in the meantime!)

Damn, if I had seen this before work, I could've checked our warehouses. As it is, maybe this means we'll finally get the stock we have on order and I can help people out again.

fxrave

Postby fxrave » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:41 am

For anyone still looking to obtain non-HT and non-B&N versions, check your local Bed, Bath & Beyond. I didn't even know they carried minis, but when I went yesterday they had a mountain of Harry Potter and Disney Villian minis -- probably the equivalent of three full cases each. They also had a fair selection of Pops.

I just wish B&N would restock one more case of these. I only need Padfoot to complete my set, and he isn't getting any cheaper on eBay.

keyese

Postby keyese » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:46 pm

fxrave wrote:For anyone still looking to obtain non-HT and non-B&N versions, check your local Bed, Bath & Beyond. I didn't even know they carried minis, but when I went yesterday they had a mountain of Harry Potter and Disney Villian minis -- probably the equivalent of three full cases each. They also had a fair selection of Pops.

I just wish B&N would restock one more case of these. I only need Padfoot to complete my set, and he isn't getting any cheaper on eBay.

Woah, thanks for the tip, I would have never tried BB&B for minis :) Do you know if they let you use their store coupons on them?
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

fxrave

Postby fxrave » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm

kihou wrote:
fxrave wrote:For anyone still looking to obtain non-HT and non-B&N versions, check your local Bed, Bath & Beyond. I didn't even know they carried minis, but when I went yesterday they had a mountain of Harry Potter and Disney Villian minis -- probably the equivalent of three full cases each. They also had a fair selection of Pops.

Woah, thanks for the tip, I would have never tried BB&B for minis :) Do you know if they let you use their store coupons on them?

Yep, in fact they acceped an expired coupon from 2008. $10 off $30.
Last edited by fxrave on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fxrave

Postby fxrave » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:04 pm

Anyone looking for Padfoot, someone has him for sale BIN for $30 on eBay. About as cheap as you'll find it these days. Says he has six. I just bought one, which means my set is now complete (barring a problem with the sale).

I doubt these will last long. They are averaging about $50 on eBay nowadays.

Scottyy

Postby Scottyy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:48 am

I still need: Padfoot, Flocked Fawkes, Quidditch Harry and Azkaban Dumbledore.

So many Hong Hong fakes out now :[:[

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:05 pm

fxrave wrote:Anyone looking for Padfoot, someone has him for sale BIN for $30 on eBay. About as cheap as you'll find it these days. Says he has six. I just bought one, which means my set is now complete (barring a problem with the sale).

I doubt these will last long. They are averaging about $50 on eBay nowadays.

That's not a terrible price to complete your set, congrats!
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:39 pm

fxrave wrote:
kihou wrote:

Yep, in fact they acceped an expired coupon from 2008. $10 off $30.

Awesome, thanks! Time to raid my old college drawers for coupons lol
ISO Mystery Minis!

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:48 pm

I just don't understand this in general. They released these just a little bit before Cursed Child came out, so naturally everywhere would sell out, but B&N never got any back and I want to know why. I hate buying MM anywhere else because they're always twice as expensive as what I can get at B&N. I only have two in this set because the only place around me with any left is HT and...yeah, they charge $9 for their minis. You can get a full-sized Pop! at B&N for less than that.
Too soon?

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:50 pm

HappinessGuano wrote:I just don't understand this in general. They released these just a little bit before Cursed Child came out, so naturally everywhere would sell out, but B&N never got any back and I want to know why. I hate buying MM anywhere else because they're always twice as expensive as what I can get at B&N. I only have two in this set because the only place around me with any left is HT and...yeah, they charge $9 for their minis. You can get a full-sized Pop! at B&N for less than that.

I'd check Bed Bath & Beyond. One of the ones around me had 3 fresh cases of the HP minis and they were $6.99 I believe (less than that when you use a coupon) so not too bad!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:18 am

presidentromana wrote:Image

Anyone else having trouble completing this set in the UK? They're always out of stock in Game and FP- most of what I have I had to import from America as no one else seems to stock them. At this rate, I'm not sure I'll complete the base set, let alone the American exclusives!

I'm having the same problem you are! I'm also in the UK and am so close to completing by base set but I'm not going after the exclusives. I also have a couple of duplicates (Draco and Hedwig) if you need those in your collection :)

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:31 pm

I just need Fawkes and Mccat to complete my set. I have zero luck completing things

Dbratteli

Postby Dbratteli » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:34 pm

Found 2 untouched cases. Careful instagram layout wrong for barnes and noble
:freddy3:

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:36 pm

Saw some instock for B&N at actual locations. Went there and couldn't find them. Spoke with manager and he says he has multiple orders in and it says should be in stores sometime December hope this is true.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

xwickedstyleex

Postby xwickedstyleex » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:35 pm

Stores that were saying 'out of stock' that now say 'in stock' should have them. I found some at two different stores in SoCal yesterday. One guy had to go and search for them in the backroom for awhile and returned with what I thought was a full case. Unfortunately, it was either a drastically different layout or the case had already been shuffled around since I didn't end up with Padfoot or Quidditch Harry, but somehow I at least walked away with Azkaban Dumbledore. Too bad all stores will probably get wiped out immediately since they got their restocks just in time for Black Friday.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:27 pm

xwickedstyleex wrote:Stores that were saying 'out of stock' that now say 'in stock' should have them. I found some at two different stores in SoCal yesterday. One guy had to go and search for them in the backroom for awhile and returned with what I thought was a full case. Unfortunately, it was either a drastically different layout or the case had already been shuffled around since I didn't end up with Padfoot or Quidditch Harry, but somehow I at least walked away with Azkaban Dumbledore. Too bad all stores will probably get wiped out immediately since they got their restocks just in time for Black Friday.

Was Azkaban Dumbledore where he was supposed to be? Or in a different position? All my stores are showing available, so I'm going questing!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Okay, found an UNTOUCHED case of 12 at B&N - anyone know the new layout? Looking (hopefully) for Quidditch Harry and Azkaban Dumbledore - fingers crossed. Opened one that should've been Quidditch Harry and it was Hagrid (fail!). Hopeful that someone has the new layout and I can take back the ones I don't need (anymore!).
Image ImageImage Image

xwickedstyleex

Postby xwickedstyleex » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:20 am

Katers wrote:Was Azkaban Dumbledore where he was supposed to be? Or in a different position? All my stores are showing available, so I'm going questing!

Not entirely sure. I pulled the bottom left front and middle and bottom right middle and ended up with Dumbledore, Draco and Crookshanks.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:41 pm

xwickedstyleex wrote:
Katers wrote:Was Azkaban Dumbledore where he was supposed to be? Or in a different position? All my stores are showing available, so I'm going questing!

Not entirely sure. I pulled the bottom left front and middle and bottom right middle and ended up with Dumbledore, Draco and Crookshanks.

Rats - so close, and yet so far! Thanks though - at least I know it should be one of those three!
Image ImageImage Image

fxrave

Postby fxrave » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:14 pm

I'm pretty sure the new shipments to B&N don't conform to either the old layout, or perhaps any layout. One of the local stores didn't even receive a complete case -- they received a bunch of loose ones from the main warehouse. I'm thinking that perhaps B&N is clearing out stock they held onto from the summer, and that some of the stock was used to fulfill online orders, which means you could get a mishmash.

keyese

Postby keyese » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:51 pm

My Barnes and Noble had a whole bunch of boxes out (probably like 40 of them), but not in any case layout. I grabbed one that felt a medium weight, and it was Quidditch Harry. However, he was missing an arm, and the arm he did have was glued on the wrong side :( I ended up returning it.
ISO Mystery Minis!

davederoin

Postby davederoin » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:15 pm

ImageStopped at a B&N. There was a full case and some lose boxes. I used the old layout and picked 3 boxes and then picked 3 random boxes. They put them all in a bag at checkout, so I don't know which came from which, but I am happy with the results. I will head back tomorrow and get the rest if they are still there.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:42 am

I bought most of a case this weekend, and pulled out the ones that were super light or Hagrid (at least with him you can tell!) - and now I've gotten to the point where I've ordered a scale to weigh the blasted things. All this for a B&N Dumbledore. YEESH.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:03 am

So I know that the old layout doesn't work anymore - but, I pulled 2 today from full cases (in the same spot from both cases) and got Draco both times. So I'm thinking there is a new layout, and the bottom right middle is Draco from now on. GRRRR. Too bad that spot wasn't Dumbledore, or Fawkes, or something vital!
Image ImageImage Image

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:05 pm

Katers wrote:So I know that the old layout doesn't work anymore - but, I pulled 2 today from full cases (in the same spot from both cases) and got Draco both times. So I'm thinking there is a new layout, and the bottom right middle is Draco from now on. GRRRR. Too bad that spot wasn't Dumbledore, or Fawkes, or something vital!

There is a new layout

oo
xo
xx

Top layer - Put Hermoine doubles in the bottom back row! Hagrids on the bottom too. It appears the chase (dumble, Fawkes, Mcgone gurl and Cat form) is top middle left.... BN HP in front row top with Padfoot.
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:54 pm

I happened to hit my local B&N at lunch today, and they had two (apparently) full boxes. I snagged one, but haven't opened anything yet. I came here first to look for a layout. :)

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:22 am

Heli88 wrote:I happened to hit my local B&N at lunch today, and they had two (apparently) full boxes. I snagged one, but haven't opened anything yet. I came here first to look for a layout. :)

Good luck! Hopefully you'll snag the exclusives and complete the quest! (Mine is still ongoing - down to just one, but Dumbledore is just killing me!)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:01 pm

I've become *THAT* person - I have a scale, and I'm not afraid to use it! Unfortunately, none of the 12 I bought and hadn't opened yet is a Dumbledore, but I think I've got the weights/ratios worked off from what I found online to what they really seem to measure. I will be taking that scale to B&N tomorrow and I plan to come out successful!!
Image ImageImage Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:02 pm

I pulled a regular fawks today at target, not what I was looking for, but im hoping it may be good trade bait for Quidditch Harry.
- tauntaunking on instagram

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:22 am

Katers wrote:I've become *THAT* person - I have a scale, and I'm not afraid to use it! Unfortunately, none of the 12 I bought and hadn't opened yet is a Dumbledore, but I think I've got the weights/ratios worked off from what I found online to what they really seem to measure. I will be taking that scale to B&N tomorrow and I plan to come out successful!!

Care to share the weights? I am absolutely not above weighing a box.

Sadly, the box I got was mixed. I opened the rare spots and got Voldemort and Crookshanks. *sad trombone* I can't decide if I want to try my luck with any of the others, or just return them.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:23 am

Heli88 wrote:
Katers wrote:I've become *THAT* person - I have a scale, and I'm not afraid to use it! Unfortunately, none of the 12 I bought and hadn't opened yet is a Dumbledore, but I think I've got the weights/ratios worked off from what I found online to what they really seem to measure. I will be taking that scale to B&N tomorrow and I plan to come out successful!!

Sadly, the box I got was mixed. I opened the rare spots and got Voldemort and Crookshanks. *sad trombone* I can't decide if I want to try my luck with any of the others, or just return them.

HAHAHA I bought a scale but am to chicken to really use it in say a gamestop or HT where they can watch you hardcore. I have used it in a Target or Walmart when no one around
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:31 pm

My B&N finally got some back in, I'm so happy. I've definitely bought half the box they set out when I realized they were there. An employee told me a few months ago that they had 30 "on order" since July. Now that they finally have them back in, they have about 70. Guess the demand was high.
Too soon?

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:34 pm

Tonight is the Yule Ball so most stores should have gotten them sometime up to now and should definitely have them out for tonight. My store had a bunch but I wasn't able to get any today. If there's any left tomorrow and I've got the money, I'll try to grab a couple and maybe be able to help a couple of y'all out.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:37 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:Tonight is the Yule Ball so most stores should have gotten them sometime up to now and should definitely have them out for tonight. My store had a bunch but I wasn't able to get any today. If there's any left tomorrow and I've got the money, I'll try to grab a couple and maybe be able to help a couple of y'all out.

I'm just missing flocked Fawkes!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:39 pm

RogueSolo wrote:I'm just missing flocked Fawkes!

I will definitely hunt these down tomorrow! Everyone wish me luck lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:56 pm

Heli88 wrote:

The listed weights I worked off of: Dumbledore (Azkaban) - 62.5; Flocked Fawkes - 47.6; Harry Quidditch - 44.7 ; Sirius - 40.9 ; Yule Ball Hermione - 48 ; Harry Triwizard - 44.4 ; Flocked Crookshanks - 35.4. For comparison, regular Fawkes is listed as 47.6 also, and regular crookshanks is 35.6 on the list I found. Do you need the rest of the series weights?

For Dumbledore, I pulled and bought anything that weighed between 60.5 - 63. Got 2 Dumbledores and a human McGonagall - huzzah!!! The first B&N I went to didn't have anyone in the low 60s, just high, meaning Hermione or Hagrid. But scored at the 2nd store!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:58 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Heli88 wrote:

HAHAHA I bought a scale but am to chicken to really use it in say a gamestop or HT where they can watch you hardcore. I have used it in a Target or Walmart when no one around

The first B&N I went to today, the staff thought it was brilliant and were running around helping me find boxes to weigh! They even went in the back for me voluntarily! The 2nd store, they weren't paying any attention to what I was doing, even when I pulled cases off the info desk they were at! (I brought them back, and put everything back in the order it came in).

I wouldn't hesitate to do it at my Hot Topic, since most of the staff there know me by sight now! And the other stores - if I'm unlikely to see them again anytime soon, why not? I have no shame, at least if it gets me the full collection of whatever I'm working for!
Image ImageImage Image

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Ugh need to check out B&N this weekend and possibly bring a scale with. I refuse to have an army of Hermiones.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”