Game of Thrones 3 3/4 inch Line

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Phatram32

Game of Thrones 3 3/4 inch Line

Postby Phatram32 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:03 am

For those that have these figures that came out over the summer, what are your impressions? Are they worth buying?

DARTHMARCO

Re: Game of Thrones 3 3/4 inch Line

Postby DARTHMARCO » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:00 am

I bought two sets of all the figures and they look great and play well. My daughter likes that they at least did one woman in the line. She wanted Dany or Arya with Dragons or Needle, either one will be fine. They look great for being 3 3/4 inch and articulation is good to move the figures. Almost all the figures, especially Jon Snow, is sold out near were I live. They are worth buying! Hope they make a second line.

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:33 am

For the most part I think they a great. I will certainly get all figures offered in this format.

The one complaint I have is the shoulder articulation. For these figures I would prefer the ball joint style shoulder.
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

kassle

Postby kassle » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:46 pm

Phatram32 wrote:For those that have these figures that came out over the summer, what are your impressions? Are they worth buying?

These are the first 3.75" figures that have given me (and my brother) true nostalgia for the lines of our childhood (9P0A Suicide Squad, too!). We dig em wholeheartedly and I love that each wave ties into a theme/playset.

But, yeah. Something about them makes me feel like a kiddie. In the best possible way.

Phatram32

Postby Phatram32 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:06 pm

Cool cool. Just ordered Jon snow and ghost :). Looks like the first wave is "wall themed" based on the characters and the playset for the first wave. I'm hoping the second wave includes stark and/or targarian characters.

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Love them. I actually like them more than I originally thought I would too. I have a pair of Jons, Ghost, and the Night King. I plan on getting the others when I see them at retail. I haven't seen them anywhere though other than online. 9POA figures are perfect for 3-3/4 imo. Reminds me so much of my Indiana Jones and Lone Ranger figures.

I'm personally not the biggest fan of the theme waves though. I think it's more cute than intelligent. If we were guaranteed 4 or 5 waves I could understand that approach but these could end at any time. Let's assume they do King's Landing Next instead of Meereen and then we still don't have Dany. As much as I love Funko's figures they go half-in on everything. I have half the Goonies, I have half the Scooby Squad from Buffy, and I have half the Firefly crew. Given the GoT waves are bigger I would have liked to see them pumped with favorites like Cersei, Bran, Tyrion, Dany, Jon, Arya, etc. and gotten secondary characters mixed in later. Just my two cents, but I get that Funko likes to try odd things in the face of questionable sales.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:55 am

punksnotdead wrote:Love them. I actually like them more than I originally thought I would too. I have a pair of Jons, Ghost, and the Night King. I plan on getting the others when I see them at retail. I haven't seen them anywhere though other than online. 9POA figures are perfect for 3-3/4 imo. Reminds me so much of my Indiana Jones and Lone Ranger figures.

I'm personally not the biggest fan of the theme waves though. I think it's more cute than intelligent. If we were guaranteed 4 or 5 waves I could understand that approach but these could end at any time. Let's assume they do King's Landing Next instead of Meereen and then we still don't have Dany. As much as I love Funko's figures they go half-in on everything. I have half the Goonies, I have half the Scooby Squad from Buffy, and I have half the Firefly crew. Given the GoT waves are bigger I would have liked to see them pumped with favorites like Cersei, Bran, Tyrion, Dany, Jon, Arya, etc. and gotten secondary characters mixed in later. Just my two cents, but I get that Funko likes to try odd things in the face of questionable sales.

As always, we will make a second series if the first series sells well enough. All I can say is that if people want to make sure that they get more figures, they can show their support by buying the first series. We can't guarantee 4 or 5 waves, the collectors dictate that by voting with their dollars. We WANT to finish the casts, believe me! But sometimes the market just isn't there. We're hoping that this won't be the case with the Got 9POA figures. And as for why we've chosen to do them as a themed waves, that's so people will have something that feels "complete" at the end of each wave's release. Sort of like a show's "seasons". Also, if you throw all the favorite characters into the first wave, the next waves will suffer from diminishing returns. You need to save some biggies to give people something to look forward to.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:21 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
punksnotdead wrote:Love them. I actually like them more than I originally thought I would too. I have a pair of Jons, Ghost, and the Night King. I plan on getting the others when I see them at retail. I haven't seen them anywhere though other than online. 9POA figures are perfect for 3-3/4 imo. Reminds me so much of my Indiana Jones and Lone Ranger figures.

As always, we will make a second series if the first series sells well enough. All I can say is that if people want to make sure that they get more figures, they can show their support by buying the first series. We can't guarantee 4 or 5 waves, the collectors dictate that by voting with their dollars. We WANT to finish the casts, believe me! But sometimes the market just isn't there. We're hoping that this won't be the case with the Got 9POA figures. And as for why we've chosen to do them as a themed waves, that's so people will have something that feels "complete" at the end of each wave's release. Sort of like a show's "seasons". Also, if you throw all the favorite characters into the first wave, the next waves will suffer from diminishing returns. You need to save some biggies to give people something to look forward to.

I totally understand on the sales part. I'm trying to do my part. It's just frustrating from my perspective to buy complete waves and not have everyone join in but I guess that's relative to liking something that doesn't have the mass appeal it once did with stuff like Buffy and Firefly. Unfortunately, I can only buy so many haha.

I think with Game of Thrones there are enough major characters to last several waves before "thinning out the roster" would have even occurred, and then there is always room for outfit variations for characters like Tyrion/Jon/Dany. Again, I understand the idea of the themes, but from my perspective I would feel more incomplete without the more major characters, rather than being able to say I have an area of Westeros covered.

Just off the top of my head, these are all key characters to me:

Ned
Jon
Robb
Cat
Arya
The Hound
Bran
Sansa
Little Finger
Tyrion
Jaime
Cersei
Joffrey
The Mountain
Margaery
Varys
Khal Drogo
Dany
Jorah
Sam
Red Viper
Daario
Tywin
Hodor
Ramsay
Theon
Little Finger
Stannis
Jaqen H'ghar
Brienne
Tommen
Bronn
High Sparrow
Grey Worm
Davos
Missandei
Tormund
Ygritte
Ellaria Sand
Melisandre

That's 4 waves deep without a repeat and that doesn't get us people like Robert Baratheon, Viserys, Gendry or Mance, or another key character I'm sure I undoubtedly forgot to mention. I'm all-in on these. I just personally see you being able to get us more people with free flow lineups than being restricted by theme waves. That doesn't make me any less excited though for the figures. Just my perspective on it.

Toysflo

Postby Toysflo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:33 pm

I'd better get Mance , Edd orJeor Mormont in the Wall wave than Tyrion and the Lord of Bones ...

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:48 am

All the figures are great! But what about Tyrion and the Wall. Want to buy two of them already.

Mr. Reis,
When are we getting Tyrion and the Wall?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:33 am

DARTHMARCO wrote:All the figures are great! But what about Tyrion and the Wall. Want to buy two of them already.

Mr. Reis,

It's done, should be shipping soon.

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:02 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
DARTHMARCO wrote:All the figures are great! But what about Tyrion and the Wall. Want to buy two of them already.

Mr. Reis,

It's done, should be shipping soon.

Thank you very much!

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:49 am

This is what I love about GoT, so many characters! Will be happy to add several of these to my collection
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

Phatram32

Postby Phatram32 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:23 am

Any speculation on when wave 2 would be announced? My guess is next year's toy fair in New York?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:17 am

I finally got The Wall playset with Tyrion. Wow! This set is solid and very well built. Some assembly was required and there was no instruction sheet included with mine, but I was able to get the platform together so an instruction sheet may or may not be necessary. I really like the set more than I thought I would have. I'm really anxious to see how Funko handles other Game of Thrones locations and monsters like dragons and giants. Having a playset really makes these 3 3/4" figures all the more relevant. It's like 1978 Kenner Star Wars all over again!

illestr8r

Postby illestr8r » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:34 am

Did you find the wall at retail or online?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:13 am

I found it at my local Toys R Us in Lafayette, LA. They had 4 sets total and they weren't by the Game of Thrones action figures. The only reason I saw these was because I asked a stocker about Dark Crystal figures which they did not have and he was a fellow collector. It worked out pretty cool in that the stock guy found a Landstrider for himself. He had no idea these were available.

illestr8r

Postby illestr8r » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:04 pm

Thanks for the info! I'll stop by my TRU for a look. I was there yesterday but only checked in the collector section. I'll have to widen my search.

kassle

Postby kassle » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:55 pm

I also saw the Wall at a local TRU. Bigger box than I expected! And heavy-ish!

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:55 pm

I got my Wall from DCBS yesterday, and it is a nice addition to my toy room! Much heavier and bluer than expected ! I have Jon, Sam & Tyron up top throwing barrels down on the white walker, night king, styr & rattleshirt. When ygritte and tormund arrive from TRU in a couple of days, there will be a different scenario up top.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:00 pm

These look really cool. Just don't have the space. :(
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Phatram32

Postby Phatram32 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:48 pm

Any updates on or if there will be a wave 2 of this figure line? I didn't hear or see anything at this Year's toy fair.. is this a bad sign?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:17 am

paxderomano wrote:These look really cool. Just don't have the space. :(

It doesn't look like there will be a wave 2. Sorry. :(

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:54 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
paxderomano wrote:These look really cool. Just don't have the space. :(

It doesn't look like there will be a wave 2. Sorry. :(

Awww man! This is terrible news. I was wanting a King's Landing and a Mereen Wave. No disrespect meant but this scares me about buying the upcoming 60s Batman line with Joker, Penguin and Riddler all held off for further waves.

lancequazar

Postby lancequazar » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:22 am

Gotta agree with exactly what "punksnotdead" said nearly a year ago - the release strategy for this line was beyond insane, beyond dumb.

There are TONS of in-demand, fan favorite characters from this show. The decision to release a "theme" wave containing utterly insignificant and lame figures like Sam is just inexcusably stupid. And the decision to start the line off with the Wall, a place where there is really only one character of major significance - also stupid.

It would have been a no-brainer to release a "greatest hits" wave FIRST. Give us in-demand, core, major characters out of the gate. That would drive the success of a line, not vague promises about "well, we'll get to the good stuff only IF you buy the crap first." Who thinks like this?? Who are the genius bean counters who come up with that boneheaded strategy?

Four waves of five figures. Or five waves of four. There are easily 20 important, significant, beloved characters that you could have created and release that would have been in demand, not instant losers like Sam, Ygritte and 5th stringers like Tormund. And there'd still be at least 15 more characters that you could churn out once those lines were successful before the fans thought the line was "complete."

Ned
Tyrion
Jamie
Dany
Brienne

Jon Snow
The Hound
Oberon
Arya
Cersei

The Mountain
Khal Drogo
Little Finger
Sansa
Jorah

Ramsey Bolton
Theon
Varys
Bronn
Joffrey

Hodor
Bran
Melisandre
Grey Worm
Robb

And I'm sure fans can debate my choices. The point is, there were SO many choices. And they absolutely, spectacularly f-ed up.

Ugh, ugh, ugh. It baffles my mind how idiotic the planning and execution of this line was. I hope Funko took a bath on this line to teach them a lesson going forward.

Dumb, guys. Really, staggeringly dumb.

Jackknight

Postby Jackknight » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:44 pm

I'm done with Funko other than the occasional Pop! I've bought every Reaction/9 POA figure released so far and am just tired of them having ZERO commitment to a second series of just about anything. But hey, at least we got Tomorrowland figures.

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 am

Is sad to hear no Wave 2 for GOT 9POA action figures. Was hoping for the wave two to be of main characters only.

Mr. Reis,

You think we could get a 9POA action figures of the main characters from GOT???

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:00 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing boxed sets of characters from the different houses either. If they added the additional shoulder articulation these would really be great!

pauly20powers

Postby pauly20powers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:42 pm

I think they are great. The sdcc batman and batmobile are amazing

Hurcaneman

Postby Hurcaneman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:45 pm

I'd love to see this collection continue.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:45 am

Even if funko did a pack of 3 characters at Sdcc and another set of 3 characters at NYCC, we could get a decent roster of A-Listers from the show. The Golden Girls set and the Stranger Things sets were perfect.

Jamie, Cersei, Tyrion
Ned, Sansa, John
Dany, Jorah, Drogo
The Hound, Arya, Brienne

This would get us going in the right direction for sure.

philipali

Postby philipali » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:44 am

sad to hear if there's no wave 2
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:44 am

Granted, the Dorbz, pops and minis all translate really well and are great...but to sit on the action figure license just seems like such a waste!

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 am

I finally watched all 7 seasons of The Game of Thrones. Absolutely fantastic. Why did Funko not complete the main characters in each house? Disappointed.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:25 am

So much potential down the drain. They really need to reconsider this.

schmeebel

Postby schmeebel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:26 pm

I think so.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:52 pm

My hope is that with the final season not debuting until 2019, there will be some initiative made by funko to give this line another go.

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:09 pm

So much positive feedback with these figures! I'll have to see if my stores are still selling them, and I'll have to pick a few up.
ImageImage
ImageImage

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:26 pm

ShellyGt86 wrote:I finally watched all 7 seasons of The Game of Thrones. Absolutely fantastic. Why did Funko not complete the main characters in each house? Disappointed.

YES! I also re-watched the ALL of GOT over the holidays. So many characters to work with.

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:35 pm

BenLo wrote:
ShellyGt86 wrote:I finally watched all 7 seasons of The Game of Thrones. Absolutely fantastic. Why did Funko not complete the main characters in each house? Disappointed.

YES! I also re-watched the ALL of GOT over the holidays. So many characters to work with.[/quote

My wife loves GOT so every Christmas I get her the new DVD with the last series and she has watched all of them again. If you guys come out with too many more that she has to have it's gonna make me broke. Between her wants and my wants/hobbies ouch! :freddy3:

Return to “Action Figures”