Gamestop Exclusive X-Men mystery minis?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
JohnnyPOP

Re: Gamestop Exclusive X-Men mystery minis?

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:45 pm

I can't wait for this series!

big_matt

Postby big_matt » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:50 pm

I'm sure it's waaaayy too soon, but does anyone have GS or HT case layouts yet?
Pops: 1100+
Latest: Best Buy Arbiter
Wants: Freddy Fett, Red Skull, and many more

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:32 pm

big_matt wrote:I'm sure it's waaaayy too soon, but does anyone have GS or HT case layouts yet?

A GameStop like 20 minutes away has a case right now, and I'm fighting the urge to go buy it. If I hadn't spent so much money during the last three days on the new DC Mystery Minis, I'd probably be on my way there right now.

The GameStops around me usually have mixed-up layouts, though. Whether it's intentional or it happens by accident when removing the case from the shipping box, I dunno. But very rarely is everything where it's supposed to be.

big_matt

Postby big_matt » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:08 pm

If a store by me had a case, I would have already bought it!!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:56 pm

Of course there's plenty of exclusives. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

big_matt

Postby big_matt » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:29 am

Found the supposed HT layout online. Not mine, so I take no responsibility if it's wrong:

Top:
Back: Storm_Wolverine
Mid: Logan_Psylocke(HT)
Front: Colossus_Sabretooth

Bottom:
Back: Emma Frost(HT)_Iceman(HT)
Mid: Beast_Professor X
Front: Mystique_Cyclops

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:57 am

Now I'm going to go looking for these this weekend. Can't help myself.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Dbratteli

Postby Dbratteli » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:35 pm

I looked at all three cases that my local HT had. The figures have been moved around prior to being shipped so I do not think there is a consistant pattern.
:freddy3:

BigHow

Postby BigHow » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:05 pm

Dbratteli wrote:I looked at all three cases that my local HT had. The figures have been moved around prior to being shipped so I do not think there is a consistant pattern.

One of the comments to the Funko Layout Insta account noted that the common case has a random layout. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with the HT and GS cases as well.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Teen Wolf!

http://www.fixitinpost.org - Infrequent Pop Culture Thoughts

Looking for any of the following Pop Protos: Teen Wolf 1985, Astronaut Snoopy, Halloween/Pilot Snoopy, Woodstock, Wicket, Skeletor, Target Bullseye, Sugar Bear, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Topanga (from Boy Meets World)!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:22 pm

kind of annoyed that Juggernaut seems to be the one taken out of both store exclusive sets.

Chazzy82

Postby Chazzy82 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:31 pm

Surprised we haven't seen a GameStop layout yet. And I'm almost hesitant to buy until I see another full Hot Topic layout.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Chazzy82 wrote:Surprised we haven't seen a GameStop layout yet. And I'm almost hesitant to buy until I see another full Hot Topic layout.

So okay. I bought a GameStop case today. I won't be able to dig into it until later tonight, but this random-layout thing concerns me. Let me bore y'all with my thought process. My friends at Hot Topic are holding a case for me when they get them in. Hot Topic's BOGO 30% discount makes them slightly cheaper than GameStop, plus I have a bunch of coupons and rewards that I can apply to Hot Topic purchases. I think I'm gonna open the GameStop case until I get the three exclusives and stop, and then I'll just return the unopened ones. If I wind up with a bunch of commons before I find all three exclusives — and there's no way I won't because I'm not that lucky — I'll just offer them to whoever wants them for cost. But I'll definitely post the layout of whatever I wind up opening here later.
Last edited by nightschwing on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chazzy82

Postby Chazzy82 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:48 pm

The GameStop layout for the exclusives that's on Instagram is correct.
Wolverine top row, middle right
Kitty Pride bottom row, back left
Cable bottom row, middle left

Neither Hot Topic in my area has them in yet, but I've seen that layout for the HT exclusives twice now, so I'm assuming it's correct.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:20 pm

I picked up a few at a GameStop on my way home. Got Colossus, Cyclops, Logan, Sabertooth, and the GS exclusive brown suit Wolverine.

Like someone mentioned before there are definitely some quality issues with the paint jobs. My Colossus for instance has two rather large paint chips on his head and part of his eye. That aside though these are pretty great! Liking them better overall than previous Marvel Mystery Minis I've had.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:17 pm

Chazzy82 wrote:The GameStop layout for the exclusives that's on Instagram is correct.
Wolverine top row, middle right
Kitty Pride bottom row, back left
Cable bottom row, middle left

You found them in those spots? Awesome. Those are the ones I'll start with when I get to my case in a bit. (But I'm still a little nervous because I bought it at a GameStop where the cases are sometimes jumbled before they're put out for sale.)

Chazzy82

Postby Chazzy82 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:40 pm

Yep, those were the exact spots I found them, so hopefully you should be good to go. The two GameStops I shop at the most are really good about not mixing up the cases. I will tell you that I noticed on the bottom level, the boxes for the back row and the middle row were facing the opposite direction, so don't be alarmed if you see that, as well haha. Good luck!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Just stopped at my GS this afternoon, was told they won't be in until the 15th, boo.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:13 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Just stopped at my GS this afternoon, was told they won't be in until the 15th, boo.

I was told that date yesterday too. Same with the new POP!s. Must be a New York thing.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:37 pm

Chazzy82 wrote:Yep, those were the exact spots I found them, so hopefully you should be good to go. The two GameStops I shop at the most are really good about not mixing up the cases. I will tell you that I noticed on the bottom level, the boxes for the back row and the middle row were facing the opposite direction, so don't be alarmed if you see that, as well haha. Good luck!

This worked like a charm! Thanks so much!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:40 pm

nightschwing wrote:Image

This worked like a charm! Thanks so much!

Kitty is phasing! This is exciting.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:49 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:Kitty is phasing! This is exciting.

Yeah, that detail surprised me! I didn't notice it on the box.

The only weird thing about these three is that Wolverine seems slightly bigger than the others. Some of it might be the mask and the shoulder flair, but he's slightly taller than Cable, and he's in a crouched position while Cable is standing straight.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:54 pm

nightschwing wrote:Yeah, that detail surprised me! I didn't notice it on the box.

The only weird thing about these three is that Wolverine seems slightly bigger than the others. Some of it might be the mask and the shoulder flair, but he's slightly taller than Cable, and he's in a crouched position while Cable is standing straight.

Yeah, the proportions seem a bit off, but it can be hidden with some perspective tricks lol Congrats btw!

ShockWaveZ55

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:59 pm

I went to HT and the guy pulled a fresh case from the back for me BUT he was unwrapping the case as he walked out of the door so it's possible he shuffled them although I don't believe he moved them around. Here's what I got.
These are by far my favorite minis! Diamond emma is glorious.
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:03 am

ShockWaveZ55 wrote:I went to HT and the guy pulled a fresh case from the back for me BUT he was unwrapping the case as he walked out of the door so it's possible he shuffled them although I don't believe he moved them around. Here's what I got.
Spoiler: show

These minis are gonna make me emotional. They look awesome! I'm definitely loving Emma and Iceman here. I'm curious how some of them stand, like Storm, but congrats! :cheers:

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:12 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:Yeah, the proportions seem a bit off, but it can be hidden with some perspective tricks lol Congrats btw!

I use the display cases with the risers from the Container Store to house my Mystery Minis, so it should be pretty easy to hide.

ShockWaveZ55

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:31 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
ShockWaveZ55 wrote:I went to HT and the guy pulled a fresh case from the back for me BUT he was unwrapping the case as he walked out of the door so it's possible he shuffled them although I don't believe he moved them around. Here's what I got.

These minis are gonna make me emotional. They look awesome! I'm definitely loving Emma and Iceman here. I'm curious how some of them stand, like Storm, but congrats! :cheers:

Her cape is used to prop her up. Gives her a cool action pose.
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

MajinBluu

Postby MajinBluu » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:09 am

Bummed that they chose colossus and magneto to disclude from the exclusive boxes but super excited for all of these :)

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:06 pm

ShockWaveZ55 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

Her cape is used to prop her up. Gives her a cool action pose.

He shuffled them, a few are out of place. Congrats tho, was gonna pass on these till saw Cable, now must get em all.

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:31 pm

Well, I went to Gamestop today on my lunch break and they actually had the "X Men" Minis.. I snagged two but, I won't know who I got until I get home later and open them.. If they cheat sheet is right though, it's Wolverine and Kitty.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:38 pm

BillyLouis wrote:Well, I went to Gamestop today on my lunch break and they actually had the "X Men" Minis.. I snagged two but, I won't know who I got until I get home later and open them.. If they cheat sheet is right though, it's Wolverine and Kitty.

boo, lame post boo! you could've opened them instead of posting about not opening them and then posted about how you opened them :evil:

Chazzy82

Postby Chazzy82 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:45 pm

Anyone seeing these at a Hot Topic on the East Coast yet? Local stores don't seem to know when they're getting them; the girl said when Funko ships them, they slooowly make their way to the East Coast last. Looks like all the ones on eBay are West Coast.

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:Well, I went to Gamestop today on my lunch break and they actually had the "X Men" Minis.. I snagged two but, I won't know who I got until I get home later and open them.. If they cheat sheet is right though, it's Wolverine and Kitty.

boo, lame post boo! you could've opened them instead of posting about not opening them and then posted about how you opened them :evil:

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:39 pm

That Kitty Pryde looks great! I love the phasing. Looks like the best one of the set. I might have to get here. My GSs are kinda slow at getting MMs, so I won't be checking right away.

Contradicting layouts for HT. I'd have to see more before going there.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:52 pm

ShockWaveZ55 wrote:Her cape is used to prop her up. Gives her a cool action pose.

Awesome! I love that. Do they all stand pretty well?

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:01 am

Can anyone please help me with the exclusives? Especially Kitty Pryde and psylocke.
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

The Minifigure Vinyl

Postby The Minifigure Vinyl » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:25 pm

HellKat613 wrote:Can anyone please help me with the exclusives? Especially Kitty Pryde and psylocke.

If I find another case from GS I'll definitely grab one for you! For Psylocke, my HT hasn't received a case yet, but when they do I can try to help you with her too!

big_matt

Postby big_matt » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:51 pm

The managers of my local GS and HT have both agreed to sell me full cases when they get them in.

sylin

Postby sylin » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:10 pm

Chazzy82 wrote:Anyone seeing these at a Hot Topic on the East Coast yet? Local stores don't seem to know when they're getting them; the girl said when Funko ships them, they slooowly make their way to the East Coast last. Looks like all the ones on eBay are West Coast.

I frequent NJ and PA stores, and yes, they ship so slow. And usually when they arrive, the cases are either ravaged or bought out in full. Can be frustrating sometimes. :-&

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:30 pm

paxderomano wrote:I picked up a few at a GameStop on my way home. Got Colossus, Cyclops, Logan, Sabertooth, and the GS exclusive brown suit Wolverine.

Like someone mentioned before there are definitely some quality issues with the paint jobs. My Colossus for instance has two rather large paint chips on his head and part of his eye. That aside though these are pretty great! Liking them better overall than previous Marvel Mystery Minis I've had.

I feel like this set was rushed. It is def not up to the standard I have come to see done by funko on MM. The attneion to detail on other series and the paint jobs are amazing. These are just blah.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

big_matt

Postby big_matt » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:37 pm

Found a case minus 2 at GS, and no fresh case in the back. Since it was only 2, I thought it may be a fluke, so I tried my luck anyway with the layout. No dice. Cyclops, Beast, and Mystique. Oh, well!

Return to “Blind Bags”