Is this hikari worth much? Ppg is no help. (Mystic powers greedo)

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
Adonia_skydazer

Is this hikari worth much? Ppg is no help. (Mystic powers greedo)

Postby Adonia_skydazer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:20 am

I came across a mystic powers greedo yesterday and I'm considering buying it. http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/p/Hi ... ticpowers/
Ppg has only recorded one sale of it at $40 so it set the worth at that. I've seen none for sale anywhere else online even though there are an abundance of the other variants for sale. I'm trying to determine if it's something I should pick up. I love Star Wars and this particular color really caught my eye! Thanks for any input.
I ❤ MYSTERY MINIS!!!

Image Image
I DO CUSTOMS
ImageImage

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Re: Is this hikari worth much? Ppg is no help. (Mystic powers greedo)

Postby TheJobaFett » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:55 am

Even though it's on the Funko homepage as part of the Hikari link, it hasn't officially been announced or released yet, so if the seller is trust worthy, I would jump on it...if not, I would be skeptical and ask a few questions.
ImageImageMay the Funko Be With You

Adonia_skydazer

Postby Adonia_skydazer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:06 pm

It was being sold st s used bookstore.
I ❤ MYSTERY MINIS!!!

Image Image
I DO CUSTOMS
ImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:06 pm

Well if the price is right than that might just be worth it!

I keep wondering when they are going to announce release that one since it's been featured on the site banner for ages now.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:08 pm

Unfortunately, Hikari in general don't really end up being valued very much.

I say, if you think the price is right, go for it! A collectible is only as valuable as the person purchasing it, really.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:59 pm

Adonia_skydazer wrote:I came across a mystic powers greedo yesterday and I'm considering buying it. http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/p/Hi ... ticpowers/
Ppg has only recorded one sale of it at $40 so it set the worth at that. I've seen none for sale anywhere else online even though there are an abundance of the other variants for sale. I'm trying to determine if it's something I should pick up. I love Star Wars and this particular color really caught my eye! Thanks for any input.

$40 seems reasonable but for a Hikari with a run of 750, I probably wouldn't pay more than $20 ish. Then again, if you have never seen one, maybe you should pull the trigger and get it. I know I've kicked myself in the butt for not getting a few Batman SDCC Hikaris when they were up on eBay. Now I can't find them.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:15 pm

What is the seller trying to sell it for?

40 seems reasonable, but I just sold a whole bunch of Creature from the Black Lagoon for 15-25. 20's seems like a 'right' price. Look at Greedo Hikari sales on Ebay. None of that colorway, but I think if you averaged those sales out you come up around 20.
Funklub: 11181

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:49 am

Squird wrote:What is the seller trying to sell it for?

40 seems reasonable, but I just sold a whole bunch of Creature from the Black Lagoon for 15-25. 20's seems like a 'right' price. Look at Greedo Hikari sales on Ebay. None of that colorway, but I think if you averaged those sales out you come up around 20.

Good point. $20 ish does seem like the sweet spot for most.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Squird

Postby Squird » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:42 pm

I wish that Funko had gone the mini route from the beginning with a 15-20 price tag. I think the line would be much healthier today if they had.

Hindsight...most always 20/20.

agentaa

Postby agentaa » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:27 pm

Squird wrote:I wish that Funko had gone the mini route from the beginning with a 15-20 price tag. I think the line would be much healthier today if they had.

100% agree Squird
Austin SW8 My YouTube channel is AgentAA Toys

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:00 pm

Squird wrote:I wish that Funko had gone the mini route from the beginning with a 15-20 price tag. I think the line would be much healthier today if they had.

Mini Hikari's look like Pops though. I like that Hikari's are bigger and can display them differently. Mini's are cool though but not for the entire line.

Squird

Postby Squird » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:25 pm

jagpop wrote:

Mini Hikari's look like Pops though. I like that Hikari's are bigger and can display them differently. Mini's are cool though but not for the entire line.

Hikari are cool as they are, but I think they would have sold better from the beginning had they started smaller and with a lower price point. Then they could have released Hikari XL later and it would have been better received.

I think they look more like fat Dorbz than Pop, but I get your point. ;-)

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:27 pm

jagpop wrote:

I agree, I like the size different. It was one of the big appeals to the HIkari line for me. I dig the minis but more as a sidekick to the big guys. Had they just existed on their own as the size standard for Hikari from the get go I do not know if I would have been drawn to them as much.

It is a bummer that Hikari has not gained more traction but I get the appeal of Pops! and their price point.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Return to “Hikari”