Dorbz Ridez checklist... gone but not forgotten!

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
treswright

Re: Dorbz Ridez checklist... and WANT list :-)

Postby treswright » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Cool pic Brett! Yeeees, you must have them all, I can't be the only one :-D

I said that I thought Yummy Mummy might be my favorite Ridez if it looked anything like the glam. Well it came in today, Cayla and I just unboxed it and WOW!!!! It's official! I am blown away! The car doesn't glow but it activates like crazy under black light, looks fantastic next to Fruit Brute! I was concerned the mummy might not glow that well since it's painted versus molded in glow vinyl, but no-sirree, it glows FANTASTIC! Looks really colorful under black light and glows really well in multi-colors with the lights off! This has exceeded my expectations in every way, I LOVE IT! I posted some pics on IG, unfortunately my phone just doesn't capture how colorful it is but at least it'll give you an idea on how well it glows.

Under black light:

Figures under black light, this picture is really washed out, the figures are actually very colorful:

Lights turned off:

By the way, we've talked about the awesome Eye of Ra symbols on the wheels, but there is also a killer scarab beetle air cleaner on top of the engine, sweet details :-)
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:54 pm

WOW! Yummy Mummy is officially my favorite Ridez in the set! He was already my favorite Dorbz but the Ridez makes it even better!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:52 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:WOW! Yummy Mummy is officially my favorite Ridez in the set! He was already my favorite Dorbz but the Ridez makes it even better!

Definitely my favorite as well, and that's saying a lot because I really love all of them :-) Can't wait to see what they do for the remaining two icons!

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:58 pm

For those of you collecting a lot of the Ridez, do you have any plans on how to display them? Just have them out randomly on shelves or is there any special display case/idea you were planning on using?
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:00 pm

valorandvellum wrote:For those of you collecting a lot of the Ridez, do you have any plans on how to display them? Just have them out randomly on shelves or is there any special display case/idea you were planning on using?

My freddy Rides are with my freddies... cereal ridez and indy ride are just mashed into the regular collection next to their respective regular release figs.. At this rate they'll need their own space though!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:02 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:For those of you collecting a lot of the Ridez, do you have any plans on how to display them? Just have them out randomly on shelves or is there any special display case/idea you were planning on using?

My freddy Rides are with my freddies... cereal ridez and indy ride are just mashed into the regular collection next to their respective regular release figs.. At this rate they'll need their own space though!

Yeah, I'm wondering if there might be a nice solution to displaying these since there seem to be more and more. I think I'd want to see how big they are compared to Pop Rides too because maybe one solution would work for all.
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:08 pm

That is a pretty sweet list you have there!

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:48 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:

Yeah, I'm wondering if there might be a nice solution to displaying these since there seem to be more and more. I think I'd want to see how big they are compared to Pop Rides too because maybe one solution would work for all.

Tres has some good photos of his Ride collection, should check that out!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:

Tres has some good photos of his Ride collection, should check that out!

I might dedicate an entire Detolf to Ridez or put 4 or so on the top of each unit. Right now I've got them sitting on top of POP stacks, but that might not work for you Priscilla since you are probably currently using the POP stacks for actual POPs :D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:Tres has some good photos of his Ride collection, should check that out!

Thank you :-) Here's a pic of it, it's Ikea Lack shelves with LED strip lighting installed under the front edges:

CaseyJones14 wrote:I might dedicate an entire Detolf to Ridez

Exactly my thought as well, much as I love the Pop Ride display it's a hassle keeping it dusted. I haven't measures, but can probably get 4 Ridez to a shelf in a Detolf, maybe putting a riser in for the back two to raise them up similar to the Pop risers. That would be 16 in a case though, so with the Ridez count at 22 (and climbing!) it would take at least a couple of cases. I need to finish remodeling my hobby room to set this stuff up, that's my #1 goal for my upcoming 2 week vacation :-)

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:29 pm

treswright wrote:
Exactly my thought as well, much as I love the Pop Ride display it's a hassle keeping it dusted. I haven't measures, but can probably get 4 Ridez to a shelf in a Detolf, maybe putting a riser in for the back two to raise them up similar to the Pop risers. That would be 16 in a case though, so with the Ridez count at 22 (and climbing!) it would take at least a couple of cases. I need to finish remodeling my hobby room to set this stuff up, that's my #1 goal for my upcoming 2 week vacation :-)

You could add 4 on top of the Detolf too, but then you'd have to dust them.

Oh man you have a 2 week vacation, you lucky duck! If I'm ever in the Dallas area I may have to hit you up to see your crazy collection!

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:37 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I might dedicate an entire Detolf to Ridez or put 4 or so on the top of each unit. Right now I've got them sitting on top of POP stacks, but that might not work for you Priscilla since you are probably currently using the POP stacks for actual POPs :D

How many would fit in a Detolf? Like one Rides/Ridez per section?

And yeah, all my Pop stacks are being used for Pops. lol

treswright wrote:Thank you :-) Here's a pic of it, it's Ikea Lack shelves with LED strip lighting installed under the front edges:

Spoiler: show

That looks really good! Was it hard to put together?

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:46 pm

valorandvellum wrote:How many would fit in a Detolf? Like one Rides/Ridez per section?

You could fit 4 Ridez on each shelf most likely. They are pretty small.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:47 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:How many would fit in a Detolf? Like one Rides/Ridez per section?

You could fit 4 Ridez on each shelf most likely. They are pretty small.

Ok, then that seems like a great idea! Unfortunately, I lack the upper body strength to build or move around a Detolf. lol

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:49 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:You could add 4 on top of the Detolf too, but then you'd have to dust them.

Quite true, but I've got a couple of mega Dorbz that are going on top of the cases :-)

CaseyJones14 wrote:Oh man you have a 2 week vacation, you lucky duck! If I'm ever in the Dallas area I may have to hit you up to see your crazy collection!

Absolutely! Would be happy to have you! I think it'll be more impressive after I get my hobby room finished, I'm going to have a lot more display space then :-)

I have an empty shelf in one of my Detolfs, I'll do a mockup this weekend and post a pic. I think 4 should be able to fit per shelf like I mentioned up above. I have a Detolf that has some car models displayed in it that I think are about the same size as Ridez and I have 6 per shelf- two in front, two in a clear display case in back, and two on top of the display case. It might be possible to display the Ridez like that too, I just need to check. But I'll do that soon and report back :-)

valorandvellum wrote:That looks really good! Was it hard to put together?

Thank you! Hanging the shelves was pretty easy, but rigging up all the lights took some work. I installed a piece of wood trim under each shelf lip and then the light strip on the trim so that the lights were angled back at a 45 degree angle instead of pointing straight down. Then I hung the shelf brackets and hung the shelves. At that point each shelf just had a wire hanging off the side for the lights. I ran a piece of wire mold along each shelf back to the wall, then the piece of wire mold you see in the picture down the wall. Had to solder the wires together and tuck them into the wire mold, then installed the transformer under the bottom shelf and plugged it into an electrical remote so I can turn the lights on and off via a remote control.

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:53 pm

valorandvellum wrote:Ok, then that seems like a great idea! Unfortunately, I lack the upper body strength to build or move around a Detolf. lol

You would need help building the case, but once it's together they're pretty easy to move because they have puck-like feet and slide. The trick is to get low on the case because if you push high the case wants to tip over. But if you get on your knees and grab it, it's not too hard to slide one.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Ah, good to know on the Detolf! And yes, seeing some pics of Ridez/Rides in it would be nice!

I was also thinking maybe clear floating shelves might work too and then I wouldn't have to fiddle with the lighting. Unless there's a lighting kit for dummies, that might be a little beyond me. lol

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:15 pm

valorandvellum wrote:Ah, good to know on the Detolf! And yes, seeing some pics of Ridez/Rides in it would be nice!

I was also thinking maybe clear floating shelves might work too and then I wouldn't have to fiddle with the lighting. Unless there's a lighting kit for dummies, that might be a little beyond me. lol

What I used for my car models was a clear display case from Hobby Lobby. It has a clear bottom in it too. I think it may be too small for Ridez but I'm going to check that too.

The lights I have in my cases are pretty easy to install, it's a strip of LEDs and you just peel the backing off and stick it right to the inside of the case. I start at one corner and go up the side, across the top, down the other side and across the bottom. The strips come with a little adapter piece that you slip into the end of the strip and it has a pigtail on it that you stick out of the case. You plug the transformer into the pigtail and you're done! If you decide to give it a try let me know and I'll send you links to the components (all available on Amazon).

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:25 pm

treswright wrote:The lights I have in my cases are pretty easy to install, it's a strip of LEDs and you just peel the backing off and stick it right to the inside of the case. I start at one corner and go up the side, across the top, down the other side and across the bottom. The strips come with a little adapter piece that you slip into the end of the strip and it has a pigtail on it that you stick out of the case. You plug the transformer into the pigtail and you're done! If you decide to give it a try let me know and I'll send you links to the components (all available on Amazon).

That sounded easy until you said "adapter", "pigtail", and "transformer" lol

Didn't know this guy was involved or that I had to give him pigtails lol

Thank you for the advice though and I will hit you up if I'm ready for lights!

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:59 pm

valorandvellum wrote:That sounded easy until you said "adapter", "pigtail", and "transformer" lol

Hahaha! There's nothing scary about it I promise :-) The "pigtail" is the little wire with clip shown in the bottom of this pic:

One end clips to the end of the LED string and the other end is what the transformer plugs into.

The transformer looks like this:

One end plugs into the wall, the other end into the pigtail. That's really all there is to it!

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:11 pm

treswright wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:That sounded easy until you said "adapter", "pigtail", and "transformer" lol

Hahaha! There's nothing scary about it I promise :-) The "pigtail" is the little wire with clip shown in the bottom of this pic:

Spoiler: show

One end clips to the end of the LED string and the other end is what the transformer plugs into.

The transformer looks like this:

One end plugs into the wall, the other end into the pigtail. That's really all there is to it!

Ok, that doesn't seem too bad. Even I can do that! lol

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:14 pm

Those lights do look kinda easy and amazing - I may have to experiment with them when I finally get a display together.
Hi, I'm Merri!

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:26 pm

OK forgive me but I'm feeling a little dizzy/lightheaded, one of my wishlist items- the #1 item in fact, has been confirmed...

Brian@Funko wrote:Agents of SHIELD Ghost Rider Dorbz Ridez

That's from day 3 of Brian's 12 Days of Christmas announcements. I WILL Buy more than one, and one will get customized with LEDs. That's what I've been saying I would do all along if they ever made one, and I will follow through with that promise :-)

Princess

Postby Princess » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:34 pm

I thought your head would explode when you saw the gr ridez Tres lol. Glad you got what you wanted :)
signature created by bathtub-tigers

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:15 pm

I love how you have your Rides displayed! I have like 13 on 4 different shelves scattered around lol Looks great Tres!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm pretty pumped for the Ghost Rider too! Hope we see a pop ride soon!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:47 am

treswright wrote:

I have an empty shelf in one of my Detolfs, I'll do a mockup this weekend and post a pic. I think 4 should be able to fit per shelf like I mentioned up above. I have a Detolf that has some car models displayed in it that I think are about the same size as Ridez and I have 6 per shelf- two in front, two in a clear display case in back, and two on top of the display case. It might be possible to display the Ridez like that too, I just need to check. But I'll do that soon and report back :-)

I didn't take pics but I did try it out last weekend and one shelf easily holds 4 Ridez displayed at an angle. It's possible to cram 6 in there if you line them up side-by-side instead of turning them at an angle, but they just look a lot more pleasing turned at an angle I think.

Princess wrote:I thought your head would explode when you saw the gr ridez Tres lol. Glad you got what you wanted :)

Yeah I'm stoked! I am REALLY hoping that they give him translucent hair because I want to put flicker LEDs in his head to make it look like live flames. The regular and metallic versions have painted hair. They gave Heat Miser translucent hair so maybe they will do that with the Ridez version of Ghost Rider.

KMFH11 wrote:I love how you have your Rides displayed! I have like 13 on 4 different shelves scattered around lol Looks great Tres!

Thank you! Hey it sounds like your setup is still far better than a stack of boxes in the closet which I think is what most people have lol

HowardTheDuck wrote:I'm pretty pumped for the Ghost Rider too! Hope we see a pop ride soon!

I would have to have the Pop Ride too, but I kind of hope they go different directions with Pop Rides versus Dorbz Ridez. Since I collect both I'd rather not see a lot of duplication across the two lines. I'm still miffed that I have 5 Batmobile variants each in Rides and Ridez :eek: It seems to me that Brian is going all-in on Ridez and maybe easing up on Rides though. There have been a lot more Ridez issued in the last 6 months or so.

treswright

Postby treswright » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:35 pm

The chimi truck arrived today! Wow, the adorableness (worthy of a new word lol ) is almost too much to handle :-) The truck is basically the same as the Pop Ride but scaled down to an insanely cute size. Here are a couple of pics I posted on IG:

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:50 pm

Does anyone who has the Mystery Machine Dorbz Ridez with Fred have a Fred who has a striped shirt on? It is a simple blue and white striped shirt. I noticed this right after I got it, but forgot to post it. Is this some kind of chase piece or is this the Fred that comes with the Ridez? I had to buy another Fred just to have the regular version of Fred.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:08 am

kevinbuddha wrote:Is this some kind of chase piece or is this the Fred that comes with the Ridez?

Mine has the striped shirt too. Funko typically makes the Pop Ride and Dorbz Ridez drivers unique to the ride- either a different mold or a color variant. There are a few exceptions- such as Marty and the first Batman in the Pop Rides.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:43 am

I want them all!
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:44 am

I wonder if there will be chase versions of the Ridez Dorbz?
29/Male/CHINESE

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:46 am

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:I wonder if there will be chase versions of the Ridez Dorbz?

I don't think they've ever done a Chase ride (POP or Dorbz), but that would be cool!

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:53 am

CaseyJones14 wrote: I don't think they've ever done a Chase ride (POP or Dorbz), but that would be cool!

If Funko ever does decide on chase Ridez, I wonder how the chases will be like? :)
29/Male/CHINESE

Snapz

Postby Snapz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:25 pm

The glow in the dark ridez looks sick. Worth every penny.
Dorbz - 186 (counting each multi dorbz box as 1)
Pop - 21
Mystery Minis - 73
Rock Candy - 4
Hikari - 1

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:05 pm

Not sure if it was announced here, but did anyone else see the blackbird beast ride that's going to be exclusive to Wal-Mart yet?

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:33 am

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:I wonder if there will be chase versions of the Ridez Dorbz?

Well the drivers are all variants from the regular issues anyway, so they are similar to chases as it is!

perfectflaw00 wrote:Not sure if it was announced here, but did anyone else see the blackbird beast ride that's going to be exclusive to Wal-Mart yet?

Yeah it's on the checklist on page 1. I try to keep it current :-) It was also talked about earlier in this thread. I'm definitely looking forward to it, it looks awesome! But speaking of that, it was slated for a December release, I guess it's running a little late.

Princess

Postby Princess » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:42 am

A bit of a tangent, but I think it's still relevant for people considering buying a ridez from Australia...

Great news for all the Aussies. Looks like the price of ridez has decreased to $39.99! I just ordered both the Moana ridez and the Chimichanga ridez from PC and they were $39.99 each rather than $49.99! Much more reasonable. So if anyone was on the fence about trying out the ridez...now is the time to jump off the fence and buy your first ridez :)
signature created by bathtub-tigers

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:38 am

Princess wrote:A bit of a tangent, but I think it's still relevant for people considering buying a ridez from Australia...

Great news for all the Aussies. Looks like the price of ridez has decreased to $39.99! I just ordered both the Moana ridez and the Chimichanga ridez from PC and they were $39.99 each rather than $49.99! Much more reasonable. So if anyone was on the fence about trying out the ridez...now is the time to jump off the fence and buy your first ridez :)

I'd actually say not to get started on Ridez. They are way more addicting than regular Dorbz. Your bank account will thank me.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:11 am

treswright wrote: Well the drivers are all variants from the regular issues anyway, so they are similar to chases as it is!

I never thought of it like that. Nice! :)
29/Male/CHINESE

Return to “Dorbz”