Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
StarTourist

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby StarTourist » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:20 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
StarTourist wrote:Hey Reis, would it be possible for you guys to continue the Nightmare Before Christmas line under a new title and/or new packaging? I noticed that the sculpts for wave 2 were more modern style than Reaction style (no complaints, they are awesome). Was that intentional as a way to keep the line going without the Reaction branding?

Unfortunately, no. We have no plans to continue the NBX figures in any form. Sorry!

I was afraid of that. Thank you for the two waves you gave us. I'm still very pleased that you guys managed to get us the unicycle for the Clown. I think I said it before, but the sculptor for wave 2 needs a raise and an award.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:55 pm

StarTourist wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:
StarTourist wrote:Hey Reis, would it be possible for you guys to continue the Nightmare Before Christmas line under a new title and/or new packaging? I noticed that the sculpts for wave 2 were more modern style than Reaction style (no complaints, they are awesome). Was that intentional as a way to keep the line going without the Reaction branding?

Unfortunately, no. We have no plans to continue the NBX figures in any form. Sorry!

I was afraid of that. Thank you for the two waves you gave us. I'm still very pleased that you guys managed to get us the unicycle for the Clown. I think I said it before, but the sculptor for wave 2 needs a raise and an award.

Same sculptor on both waves (as well as Dark Crystal), and I agree! :)
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:24 pm

The Dark Crystal action figure line is expertly done, so kudos to the team that created them - they are easily my favorite Funko line of all time, and my favorite overall collectible of the year.

Thank you for the confirmation that the Kira & Garthim set is still being released. Will anything be different about the set, beside the NYCC sticker? Likewise, are you able to reveal which retail partner it will be available at for its release next month?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:58 am

Mystic Master wrote:The Dark Crystal action figure line is expertly done, so kudos to the team that created them - they are easily my favorite Funko line of all time, and my favorite overall collectible of the year.

Thank you for the confirmation that the Kira & Garthim set is still being released. Will anything be different about the set, beside the NYCC sticker? Likewise, are you able to reveal which retail partner it will be available at for its release next month?

Not sure about which retailer. And I would start referring to it as "the Garthim set" if I were you. ;)

ImageImage

lightscamrareaction

Postby lightscamrareaction » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:58 pm

Reis will you be releasing Back to the Future Part 2, Star Trek TNG and the A-Team in 9POA now?

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:27 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
Mystic Master wrote:The Dark Crystal action figure line is expertly done, so kudos to the team that created them - they are easily my favorite Funko line of all time, and my favorite overall collectible of the year.

Not sure about which retailer. And I would start referring to it as "the Garthim set" if I were you. ;)

No winged Kira and Fizzgig?! There are going to be some mightily upset DC fans. 8-[ Do you have a spare NYCC version I can buy? ](*,)

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:57 pm

Mystic Master wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

No winged Kira and Fizzgig?! There are going to be some mightily upset DC fans. 8-[ Do you have a spare NYCC version I can buy? ](*,)

Sorry, but Kira and Fizzgig are being sold separately (but without the wings) and we have to keep the exclusive version exclusive, right? At least you're getting the Garthim!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:57 pm

lightscamrareaction wrote:Reis will you be releasing Back to the Future Part 2, Star Trek TNG and the A-Team in 9POA now?

No plans for any of those in the 9POA line at this time. Sorry.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:44 pm

Hey Reis will Funko have a presence at Toy Fair in February? Will there be a lot of action figures revealed there? Going forward, would you say that Funko's action figures draw from classic as well as current licenses? The reason I ask is I would have loved to see take for example Kurt Russell from either "Escape from New York" or "Big Trouble in Little China" as the fully articulated action star that he is. Will y'all strive to up the articulation count on the 9 POA line or is that the format y'all will be sticking with?

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:14 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
Mystic Master wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Sorry, but Kira and Fizzgig are being sold separately (but without the wings) and we have to keep the exclusive version exclusive, right? At least you're getting the Garthim!

No? The Landstrider & Jen set from SDCC was sold the same when it was a shared exclusive with TRU, so I don't see why this set would have to be handled an differently... :-k

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:50 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Hey Reis will Funko have a presence at Toy Fair in February? Will there be a lot of action figures revealed there? Going forward, would you say that Funko's action figures draw from classic as well as current licenses? The reason I ask is I would have loved to see take for example Kurt Russell from either "Escape from New York" or "Big Trouble in Little China" as the fully articulated action star that he is. Will y'all strive to up the articulation count on the 9 POA line or is that the format y'all will be sticking with?

No, we already tackled those licenses in the ReAction line and would rather move forward with other licenses.

For the most part, we'll be sticking with the 9 points of articulation for the 9POA line (hence the name). There will be occasions where we bump it up or even lower it in special cases depending on the character. But for the most part, that's where we're trying to land.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:50 pm

Mystic Master wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:
Mystic Master wrote:

No? The Landstrider & Jen set from SDCC was sold the same when it was a shared exclusive with TRU, so I don't see why this set would have to be handled an differently... :-k

Not my call. That was a sales thing. Sorry.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:53 pm

80s-forever wrote:Reis, although I am really grateful for what you and everyone at Funko have done to make The Dark Crystal Reaction figures a reality, I have to tell you I am really upset with the fact that winged Kira is not coming with the Garthim! When you said on here on or after NYCC that the pack would not be distributed widely I was crushed, that day I found out Forbidden Planet UK was listing them up for preorder so I order a set. Then you said it was back on so I cancelled my order, if I would have known this was going to happen I would have kept my order! Winged Kira was my most wanted figure in the line, and now my chance of owning her has passed! I don't do ebay or feed scalpers and Mystic Master is right about the fact that we got the same SDCC Jen & Landstrider set released widely! Please Reis I beg of you is there anyway this can be changed, from one Dark Crystal fan two another? I've bought 2 sets of each and 4 of the Landstrider set, that's how much I love The Dark Crystal!

Sorry you're so upset, believe me, I feel your pain. But this was the only way we could get the Garthim into retail. And I'd rather get more Garthim figures out there than none at all.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Hey Reis, I guess I didn't phrase the main part of my question right. Will 9 POA figures just cover new and current subjects or is there the possibility of 70s-80s and 90s properties in 9POA?

Adambseven

Postby Adambseven » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:09 pm

Reis,
Should we hold out hope on more golden girls being made available or should we just get over it?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:34 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Hey Reis, I guess I didn't phrase the main part of my question right. Will 9 POA figures just cover new and current subjects or is there the possibility of 70s-80s and 90s properties in 9POA?

Ah! Got ya... There's no real rules to what era we're sticking to. So theoretically, yes, we could do newer and older licenses.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:34 pm

Adambseven wrote:Reis,
Should we hold out hope on more golden girls being made available or should we just get over it?

As of right now, there are no plans to re-release the Golden Girls set. Sorry.

ImageImage

Idpullthecurtain 1

Postby Idpullthecurtain 1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:55 am

Reis your responses and info on this forum have been very much appreciated by me. Thanks.

Q can you tell me how the Super 7 figures will differ from your 9 POA figures (other than articulation). I mean will you go for different types of licences? Will your line also do "retro" lines?
Thanks.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:41 am

Idpullthecurtain 1 wrote:Reis your responses and info on this forum have been very much appreciated by me. Thanks.

Q can you tell me how the Super 7 figures will differ from your 9 POA figures (other than articulation). I mean will you go for different types of licences? Will your line also do "retro" lines?
Thanks.

The difference between ReAction and 9POA isn't really about retro/modern licenses. 9POA will differ in articulation, more modern packaging (packaging will vary depending on the license, but we're trying to get away from the retro style card), more detailed sculpts and more detailed paints. Consider them more "modern style" action figures in regards to aesthetics.

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Mr. Reis,

Just disappointed that Conan the Barbarian did not come out in ReAction, but can it be a possibility for the 9POA line?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:29 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:Mr. Reis,

Just disappointed that Conan the Barbarian did not come out in ReAction, but can it be a possibility for the 9POA line?

It is absolutely possible. But no solid plans at this moment. But don't worry, I'm pushing for Conan figures one way or another. ;)

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:31 pm

Happy to hear this. I have been wanting Conan action figures forever and won't mind having extra points of articulation at all. I'm looking forward to seeing the awesome swords and hopefully their will be a lot of attention to detail.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:41 am

Bobbyg823 wrote:Hi guys, new to the forum but love these figures!!
I read on one of these threads about a Wonder Woman with invisible jet. Is that part of the 3&3/4" line?
Also, other then that and the 2 suicide squad figures, have there been any other LOC exclusives?
Thank you

No, the WW with jet is a stand alone item. She's very very tiny, only about 2 1/2" tall.

There haven't been any other LOC action figure exclusives.... yet. ;)

ImageImage

Terminator fan 101

Postby Terminator fan 101 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:51 am

The news that Funko won't be producing the ReAction line after Reis fought hard to get the Conan license seems strange. I'm sure Super 7 will produce some fantastic figures but Funko had the financial clout to get the licenses mentioned on the other thread and then decided to abandon that plan and concentrate on 9 POA figures?

I was getting hyped for a Conan to accompany the T-800 in 5 POA and now it won't be. :(
Its going to be strange not having any more updates on upcoming ReAction here.

480pc limited PoP!s

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:59 am

Terminator fan 101 wrote:The news that Funko won't be producing the ReAction line after Reis fought hard to get the Conan license seems strange. I'm sure Super 7 will produce some fantastic figures but Funko had the financial clout to get the licenses mentioned on the other thread and then decided to abandon that plan and concentrate on 9 POA figures?

I was getting hyped for a Conan to accompany the T-800 in 5 POA and now it won't be. :(

It was just a matter of timing. I was trying to get out as much as I could, but things can change rapidly and without warning in the toy world. I'm still pushing for Conan figures, but they just won't be in the ReAction format. At least, not from us. Not sure if Super 7 has plans to pursue that license. Funko still has the rights to Conan action figures and I still hope to get some out in a new format. I'll keep you posted.

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:47 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
Terminator fan 101 wrote:The news that Funko won't be producing the ReAction line after Reis fought hard to get the Conan license seems strange. I'm sure Super 7 will produce some fantastic figures but Funko had the financial clout to get the licenses mentioned on the other thread and then decided to abandon that plan and concentrate on 9 POA figures?

It was just a matter of timing. I was trying to get out as much as I could, but things can change rapidly and without warning in the toy world. I'm still pushing for Conan figures, but they just won't be in the ReAction format. At least, not from us. Not sure if Super 7 has plans to pursue that license. Funko still has the rights to Conan action figures and I still hope to get some out in a new format. I'll keep you posted.

That would be great to see a Conan figure with 9POA, so continue the fight Mr. Reis as we will be behind you. If it does make it with your efforts then my dollars will purchase as many as I can.

My question is:
Will the 9POA action figures will be the only outlet that FUNKO will provide for 3.75 inch figures?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:41 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

That would be great to see a Conan figure with 9POA, so continue the fight Mr. Reis as we will be behind you. If it does make it with your efforts then my dollars will purchase as many as I can.

My question is:
Will the 9POA action figures will be the only outlet that FUNKO will provide for 3.75 inch figures?

As of now, yes.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:42 pm

80s-forever wrote:Reis, Any update on Garthim, store, price, date?

Nothing yet. Believe me, as soon as I know, you'll know. We'll be sure to announce it on our social media outlets.

ImageImage

Stormcloud

Postby Stormcloud » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:12 am

So winged Kira and closed-mouth Fizzgig are not getting a retail release? They are forever limited to 500 pieces sold only at one event in one city?

That is an incredible disappointment. I was very excited for winged Kira, as I was hoping for this variant of her since I first heard the news of this line. But I can't afford or justify paying the $200+ after-market prices. What a shame. This has significantly diminished my excitement for the entire line. I've never understood the "all or nothing" mindset of wanting a complete collection or none at all, but I do now.

Exclusives are great, when limited to special packaging or a slight paint difference. But for key character variations like winged Kira and closed-mouth Fizzgig, really the only variations from the film, to be made extremely limited is very disappointing.

I was already a bit put off by the vast difference in paint detail from the promo images to the final products. Ursol especially suffers from lack of paint; it almost looks like an entirely different figure.

I'm very happy there are now action figures for The Dark Crystal, and I'm grateful for the work put into them. But these two factors have me seriously reconsidering if I want to buy any of them. :(

I guess there is no hope of producing a few more winged Kira with closed-mouth Fizzgig in a single-pack, even as an online exclusive or something? :idea: That way the previous exclusive remains exclusive, and more people get a chance at these important character variations.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:52 am

Stormcloud wrote:So winged Kira and closed-mouth Fizzgig are not getting a retail release? They are forever limited to 500 pieces sold only at one event in one city?

That is an incredible disappointment. I was very excited for winged Kira, as I was hoping for this variant of her since I first heard the news of this line. But I can't afford or justify paying the $200+ after-market prices. What a shame. This has significantly diminished my excitement for the entire line. I've never understood the "all or nothing" mindset of wanting a complete collection or none at all, but I do now.

Exclusives are great, when limited to special packaging or a slight paint difference. But for key character variations like winged Kira and closed-mouth Fizzgig, really the only variations from the film, to be made extremely limited is very disappointing.

I was already a bit put off by the vast difference in paint detail from the promo images to the final products. Ursol especially suffers from lack of paint; it almost looks like an entirely different figure.

I'm very happy there are now action figures for The Dark Crystal, and I'm grateful for the work put into them. But these two factors have me seriously reconsidering if I want to buy any of them. :(

I guess there is no hope of producing a few more winged Kira with closed-mouth Fizzgig in a single-pack, even as an online exclusive or something? :idea: That way the previous exclusive remains exclusive, and more people get a chance at these important character variations.

Sorry you're disappointed, but that's the way we have to do it in order to get the Garthim out at all.

ImageImage

Stormcloud

Postby Stormcloud » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:29 am

ReisOBrien wrote:Sorry you're disappointed, but that's the way we have to do it in order to get the Garthim out at all.

It's great you are are giving the Garthim a wider release, but why is this the only way? Would it not have been easier/cheaper to have the factory produce a second run of the existing pack with Winged Kira, than to setup a new SKU and packaging for a single-packed Garthim? And if you can release a single-packed Garthim, why not a single-packed Winged Kira, as well?

Sorry for being so persistent, but it is just passion for this movie and these figures, and a desire for fellow Dark Crystal fans to get that one, last figure to complete this collection, without paying $200+ on the aftermarket.

I truly am appreciative of your work on this line, and for your interaction and willingness to answer our passionate questions and concerns.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:05 pm

Stormcloud wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:Sorry you're disappointed, but that's the way we have to do it in order to get the Garthim out at all.

It's great you are are giving the Garthim a wider release, but why is this the only way? Would it not have been easier/cheaper to have the factory produce a second run of the existing pack with Winged Kira, than to setup a new SKU and packaging for a single-packed Garthim? And if you can release a single-packed Garthim, why not a single-packed Winged Kira, as well?

Sorry for being so persistent, but it is just passion for this movie and these figures, and a desire for fellow Dark Crystal fans to get that one, last figure to complete this collection, without paying $200+ on the aftermarket.

I truly am appreciative of your work on this line, and for your interaction and willingness to answer our passionate questions and concerns.

There are a hundred things that go on behind the scenes that collectors are not aware of when producing a mass release of a product. There can be factory issues, retailer requests, licensor requests, etc. It's not always a matter of us just being able to do what we want to do. This is one of those cases.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:10 pm

This is not a Reaction question, well maybe just a little bit. I saw an announcement for a Funko figure called Son of Zorn that looked like a Heman scaled figure. Is this figure in the same scale as the Masters of the Universe figures in the 80s? If not is it in 3 3/4" scale? Is this a hint of what a Funko Reaction Conan might have looked like? If this is in the same scale as old Heman is there a chance for more figures in this scale and format in the future? I throw that name Conan out there again because just like crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentation of the women are all good....a Conan figure would be even better!

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:18 am

Funko figure called Son of Zorn is 5inch scale, so the same scale of the old Masters of the Universe figures of the 80s. I will not want Conan the Barbarian in that scale or look. Conan the Barbarian should get the 9POA treatment and detailed as the GOT figures of the 3 3/4 inch figures.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:29 pm

bgiles73 wrote:This is not a Reaction question, well maybe just a little bit. I saw an announcement for a Funko figure called Son of Zorn that looked like a Heman scaled figure. Is this figure in the same scale as the Masters of the Universe figures in the 80s? If not is it in 3 3/4" scale? Is this a hint of what a Funko Reaction Conan might have looked like? If this is in the same scale as old Heman is there a chance for more figures in this scale and format in the future? I throw that name Conan out there again because just like crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentation of the women are all good....a Conan figure would be even better!

Zorn is exactly the same scale as the old MOTU/Remco figures. And yes, I'm hoping to get many other figures made in this style!

If you really want Conan figures made in this style, gather your fellow barbarians and make your voices heard! I'm trying really hard to make this a reality!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:30 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:Funko figure called Son of Zorn is 5inch scale, so the same scale of the old Masters of the Universe figures of the 80s. I will not want Conan the Barbarian in that scale or look. Conan the Barbarian should get the 9POA treatment and detailed as the GOT figures of the 3 3/4 inch figures.

While this is also a possibility, there are no plans for it at the moment.

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:54 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
DARTHMARCO wrote:Funko figure called Son of Zorn is 5inch scale, so the same scale of the old Masters of the Universe figures of the 80s. I will not want Conan the Barbarian in that scale or look. Conan the Barbarian should get the 9POA treatment and detailed as the GOT figures of the 3 3/4 inch figures.

While this is also a possibility, there are no plans for it at the moment.

Sound great that is a possibility. If FUNKO was going to do a ReAction Conan the Barbarian figure 3.75 inch before passing it to Super 7, why can FUNKO just pick up it's original plan for Conan and make him with the 9POA action figure line?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:04 pm

Reis have you ever checked out the Realm of the Underworld figures? I think the company that makes these is Zoloworld. I have a few and it's a line as near and dear to my heart as Reaction figures. Masters of the Universe and Remco inspired action figures is an area I think Funko will really Pop in! (Pun unintended but really fitting in this case!)

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:01 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Reis have you ever checked out the Realm of the Underworld figures? I think the company that makes these is Zoloworld. I have a few and it's a line as near and dear to my heart as Reaction figures. Masters of the Universe and Remco inspired action figures is an area I think Funko will really Pop in! (Pun unintended but really fitting in this case!)

Oh yes, I have several Realm of the Underworld figures!

ImageImage

Jdooley619

Postby Jdooley619 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:21 pm

Any news of more aliens figured coming out? I know super 7 is doing reaction but I didn't know if anyone heard anything past Ripley vs Queen.

Return to “Action Figures”