Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
ReisOBrien

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:05 pm

Stormcloud wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:Sorry you're disappointed, but that's the way we have to do it in order to get the Garthim out at all.

It's great you are are giving the Garthim a wider release, but why is this the only way? Would it not have been easier/cheaper to have the factory produce a second run of the existing pack with Winged Kira, than to setup a new SKU and packaging for a single-packed Garthim? And if you can release a single-packed Garthim, why not a single-packed Winged Kira, as well?

Sorry for being so persistent, but it is just passion for this movie and these figures, and a desire for fellow Dark Crystal fans to get that one, last figure to complete this collection, without paying $200+ on the aftermarket.

I truly am appreciative of your work on this line, and for your interaction and willingness to answer our passionate questions and concerns.

There are a hundred things that go on behind the scenes that collectors are not aware of when producing a mass release of a product. There can be factory issues, retailer requests, licensor requests, etc. It's not always a matter of us just being able to do what we want to do. This is one of those cases.
Funko Senior Product Designer. Eater of Peanut M&Ms.

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:10 pm

This is not a Reaction question, well maybe just a little bit. I saw an announcement for a Funko figure called Son of Zorn that looked like a Heman scaled figure. Is this figure in the same scale as the Masters of the Universe figures in the 80s? If not is it in 3 3/4" scale? Is this a hint of what a Funko Reaction Conan might have looked like? If this is in the same scale as old Heman is there a chance for more figures in this scale and format in the future? I throw that name Conan out there again because just like crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentation of the women are all good....a Conan figure would be even better!

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:18 am

Funko figure called Son of Zorn is 5inch scale, so the same scale of the old Masters of the Universe figures of the 80s. I will not want Conan the Barbarian in that scale or look. Conan the Barbarian should get the 9POA treatment and detailed as the GOT figures of the 3 3/4 inch figures.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:29 pm

bgiles73 wrote:This is not a Reaction question, well maybe just a little bit. I saw an announcement for a Funko figure called Son of Zorn that looked like a Heman scaled figure. Is this figure in the same scale as the Masters of the Universe figures in the 80s? If not is it in 3 3/4" scale? Is this a hint of what a Funko Reaction Conan might have looked like? If this is in the same scale as old Heman is there a chance for more figures in this scale and format in the future? I throw that name Conan out there again because just like crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentation of the women are all good....a Conan figure would be even better!

Zorn is exactly the same scale as the old MOTU/Remco figures. And yes, I'm hoping to get many other figures made in this style!

If you really want Conan figures made in this style, gather your fellow barbarians and make your voices heard! I'm trying really hard to make this a reality!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:30 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:Funko figure called Son of Zorn is 5inch scale, so the same scale of the old Masters of the Universe figures of the 80s. I will not want Conan the Barbarian in that scale or look. Conan the Barbarian should get the 9POA treatment and detailed as the GOT figures of the 3 3/4 inch figures.

While this is also a possibility, there are no plans for it at the moment.

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:54 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
DARTHMARCO wrote:Funko figure called Son of Zorn is 5inch scale, so the same scale of the old Masters of the Universe figures of the 80s. I will not want Conan the Barbarian in that scale or look. Conan the Barbarian should get the 9POA treatment and detailed as the GOT figures of the 3 3/4 inch figures.

While this is also a possibility, there are no plans for it at the moment.

Sound great that is a possibility. If FUNKO was going to do a ReAction Conan the Barbarian figure 3.75 inch before passing it to Super 7, why can FUNKO just pick up it's original plan for Conan and make him with the 9POA action figure line?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:04 pm

Reis have you ever checked out the Realm of the Underworld figures? I think the company that makes these is Zoloworld. I have a few and it's a line as near and dear to my heart as Reaction figures. Masters of the Universe and Remco inspired action figures is an area I think Funko will really Pop in! (Pun unintended but really fitting in this case!)

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:01 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Reis have you ever checked out the Realm of the Underworld figures? I think the company that makes these is Zoloworld. I have a few and it's a line as near and dear to my heart as Reaction figures. Masters of the Universe and Remco inspired action figures is an area I think Funko will really Pop in! (Pun unintended but really fitting in this case!)

Oh yes, I have several Realm of the Underworld figures!

Jdooley619

Postby Jdooley619 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:21 pm

Any news of more aliens figured coming out? I know super 7 is doing reaction but I didn't know if anyone heard anything past Ripley vs Queen.

DarthScooby

Postby DarthScooby » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:05 pm

Conan the Barbarian is a MUST in the MOTU/Son of Zorn 5" figure scale style! I was excited about the Conan ReAction, but Conan in vintage He-Man figure 5" style would be WAY cooler. What God must we please?

Jdooley619

Postby Jdooley619 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:54 pm

I think remco did those in the past

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:32 am

Jdooley619 wrote:Any news of more aliens figured coming out? I know super 7 is doing reaction but I didn't know if anyone heard anything past Ripley vs Queen.

We won't be doing any more Aliens figures. Sorry!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:33 am

DarthScooby wrote:Conan the Barbarian is a MUST in the MOTU/Son of Zorn 5" figure scale style! I was excited about the Conan ReAction, but Conan in vintage He-Man figure 5" style would be WAY cooler. What God must we please?

Crom.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:35 am

Jdooley619 wrote:I think remco did those in the past

They did do a line of Conan figures but they weren't based on the 1982 movie. In fact, the only thing "Conan" about them was the name on the backing cards.

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:54 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
LandoInDisguise wrote:Is there a chance for Jurassic Park figures, or does Hasbro have the license locked down? I think characters from this film would translate very well into reaction figures and the 90's versions leave a lot to improve on.

We had a chance to do Jurassic Park but passed on it. They've been done already and quite recently. I'm still seeing JP toys peg-warming at TRU. I just don't think that it maintained a high enough level of cultural longevity to warrant retro-style figures.

So after the success of Jurassic World, is this still the position of Funko regarding Reaction figures?
My instagram: Sickleclaw

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:16 pm

MiniDeadpool wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:
LandoInDisguise wrote:Is there a chance for Jurassic Park figures, or does Hasbro have the license locked down? I think characters from this film would translate very well into reaction figures and the 90's versions leave a lot to improve on.

We had a chance to do Jurassic Park but passed on it. They've been done already and quite recently. I'm still seeing JP toys peg-warming at TRU. I just don't think that it maintained a high enough level of cultural longevity to warrant retro-style figures.

So after the success of Jurassic World, is this still the position of Funko regarding Reaction figures?

Well, we aren't making any ReAction figures going forward, so this for sure won't be happening.

Mr Blue

Postby Mr Blue » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Hello,

Any update on the single pack Garthim figure?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:50 am

Mr Blue wrote:Hello,

Beginning to middle of March, TRU exclusive.

Mr Blue

Postby Mr Blue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:40 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

Great, thanks!

Is there any change at all to the single pack Garthim vs the 2-pack NYCC one, aside from the winged Kira? Like color?

May we see a pic of it if possible please?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:55 am

Mr Blue wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Great, thanks!

Is there any change at all to the single pack Garthim vs the 2-pack NYCC one, aside from the winged Kira? Like color?

May we see a pic of it if possible please?

No difference. Same figure, different packaging.

I posted a pic on my IG account: @reisobrien

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:07 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:No difference. Same figure, different packaging.

Here ya go:

Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Mr Blue

Postby Mr Blue » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:00 pm

Awesome! Thank you!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:10 pm

treswright wrote:

Here ya go:

Sorry, I got yelled at and had to take it down. Yoko is so mean. :D

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
treswright wrote:

Here ya go:

Sorry, I got yelled at and had to take it down. Yoko is so mean. :D

I'm so sorry, I can't imagine the sheer terror involved in being stared down by Yoko lol

Also thank you for keeping this thread updated, I don't post here but I do enjoy reading your comments!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Return to “Action Figures”