Bought my first Hikari today. What was your first?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
dubbelaar

Re: Bought my first Hikari today. What was your first?

Postby dubbelaar » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:47 pm

My first hikari was a skeletor one

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:57 pm

To be honest I have never purchased a hikari. My fomom st one was a prize for being Funko fanatic of the week last August. It is a Star Wars stormtrooper . :freddy2:
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

FarronFox

Postby FarronFox » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Original Groot. I just thought he looked like a real wood creature.

Looking at getting a few others now if I can at not such a high price like a regular Mickey (maybe distressed too), a ninja turtle (maybe glitter Leo), possibly one of the Skeletors and I'd like distressed Groot as well but I can only seem to find him for more than $100.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:17 pm

FarronFox wrote:Original Groot. I just thought he looked like a real wood creature.

Looking at getting a few others now if I can at not such a high price like a regular Mickey (maybe distressed too), a ninja turtle (maybe glitter Leo), possibly one of the Skeletors and I'd like distressed Groot as well but I can only seem to find him for more than $100.

Gamestop, on clearance for $14.97. Do it.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/to ... ure/120533http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/hikari-marvel-distressed-groot-premium-vinyl-figure/120533
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

FarronFox

Postby FarronFox » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:11 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
FarronFox wrote:Original Groot. I just thought he looked like a real wood creature.

Gamestop, on clearance for $14.97. Do it.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/to ... ure/120533http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/hikari-marvel-distressed-groot-premium-vinyl-figure/120533

Yeah, I did actually find that. Problem is I'm in Australia and they won't ship it here (but they will ship several other items here) :(

I've tried contacting them on twitter and email but I've had no response. So not sure what to do. Kinda keep hoping someone buys a few and resells them on ebay so I can buy them off there or something.

Da_POPVADER

Postby Da_POPVADER » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:49 pm

optimus prime from hot topic
This is "Kollektor Kim"
IG @stealthaction_funkollektor
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:
Fugitive Toys Dinner 2015, FDO6LA 2015, SDCC 2015/2016 Funko Booth, Funko Fundays 13-2015/14-2016, Fright Night 1

dubbelaar

Postby dubbelaar » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:19 am

dubbelaar wrote:My first hikari was a skeletor one

Me to. Bought mine on clearance from gemini toys for only 10.00

Lilcrimestopper

Postby Lilcrimestopper » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:30 pm

Just bought my first Hikari figs this month, 3 Vaders. Seemed like the right way to start off a collection ;) both Holographic Vaders and the Infrared.
Favorite Funko products: Tarantino, Star Wars and Batman Pops & Hikaris

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:14 pm

Lilcrimestopper wrote:Just bought my first Hikari figs this month, 3 Vaders. Seemed like the right way to start off a collection ;) both Holographic Vaders and the Infrared.

Congratulations and welcome to the Hikari madness! \:D/
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:01 am

Bought my first Hikari (Dangerous Spider-Man) from B&N last year. It was on sale, and gorgeous. Swore I wouldn't get into this line, then I saw the distressed Spider-Man on sale at Gamestop. Up to five now, not even including the mini I got in the SB box.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:10 am

I only have a few, in part because I don't always love the color schemes and in part because of that cost. But my first was Groot.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:19 am

We only have 3, Jack skellington was our first.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:00 pm

Lilcrimestopper wrote:Just bought my first Hikari figs this month, 3 Vaders. Seemed like the right way to start off a collection ;) both Holographic Vaders and the Infrared.

Nice! Check out the Gemini exclusive Star Field Vader too, one of my favorites.

Welcome to the dark side!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Only have two Hikari. Both are the gold MCC Captain America.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

Lilcrimestopper

Postby Lilcrimestopper » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:16 pm

mohawkjones wrote:

Nice! Check out the Gemini exclusive Star Field Vader too, one of my favorites.

Welcome to the dark side!

Thanks Josh and Mohawk! I'm going to try and be super disciplined on this line and try to stick with Star Wars and Batman. Just picked up the SDCC Vader and a Stormtrooper today, my wallet is crying.
Favorite Funko products: Tarantino, Star Wars and Batman Pops & Hikaris

Vetinari

Postby Vetinari » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Stealth Iron Man, not so rapidly followed by the rest of the Iron Man hikari line-up. Initially I wasn't that enamoured of the little guy, but the look grew on me especially once I picked up the translucent metal flake version.

Otherwise my collection of hikari is eccentric and sparse - there's a lone GITD Stitch and a blue/gold Maleficent, mostly because of the figure's resemblance to an idol of some sort.

WeaponX17

Postby WeaponX17 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:40 am

My first was a mystic Skeletor to be taken to WizardWorld Sacramento for Tom Cook to sign. Mission accomplished too! A few Marvel and many Legendary creatures and myths have followed
ISO: Hatsune Miku & ChillyWilly proto, hugs, and free tacos
:freddy2:

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:40 pm

My first was the infrared boba fett from SDCC...he called out to me and I answered. I have 5 Hikari...all star wars.
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

nanite

Postby nanite » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:34 pm

Glitter Optimus Prime and Blue Batman were my firsts. Nice introduction.
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

VANKENpop

Postby VANKENpop » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:31 pm

I bought my 1st on ebay the other day... Captain America titanium...I'm pretty excited for it to get here. Might have to work overtime so I can afford a few more after looking at some of the collections I've seen in the Hikari forum
POPS 170
WACKY WOBBLERS 3
MYSTERY MINI'S 13
PINT SIZE 33

VANKENpop

Postby VANKENpop » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:32 pm

I bought my 1st on ebay the other day... Captain America titanium...I'm pretty excited for it to get here. Might have to work overtime so I can afford a few more after looking at some of the collections I've seen in the Hikari forum
POPS 170
WACKY WOBBLERS 3
MYSTERY MINI'S 13
PINT SIZE 33

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm

I finally made the leap and purchased my first Hikari, molecular Iron Man. Just waiting for it to arrive!
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:03 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:I finally made the leap and purchased my first Hikari, molecular Iron Man. Just waiting for it to arrive!

Be warned, they are addictive. I started with just Iron Man. Then I got the red/gold Gigantor because he was in Iron Man colors... whole thing snowballed from there.

Check & see if GameStop still has their exclusive Metal Flake Iron Man in stock, they had it on dirt cheap clearance last time I checked. I think it was sold out online but some stores still had them for around $12.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:12 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I finally made the leap and purchased my first Hikari, molecular Iron Man. Just waiting for it to arrive!

Be warned, they are addictive. I started with just Iron Man. Then I got the red/gold Gigantor because he was in Iron Man colors... whole thing snowballed from there.

Check & see if GameStop still has their exclusive Metal Flake Iron Man in stock, they had it on dirt cheap clearance last time I checked. I think it was sold out online but some stores still had them for around $12.

Oh i totally know what you mean, i am trying to keep quite a few Funko lines under control and not let it snowball. Cause when that happens, i end up stressing out over new releases i don't have the funds for. I just keep reminding myself that i can't own everything, so just be very picky about what i buy.

But i will definitely take your advice. I really want to eventually collect all the Iron Man Hikaris. I do have a question what is the difference between the classic Iron Man Hikari LE1000 and LE1200? On PPG, It says one is exclusive to Hot Topic but they both look the same to me.

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

ImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:30 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:Oh i totally know what you mean, i am trying to keep quite a few Funko lines under control and not let it snowball. Cause when that happens, i end up stressing out over new releases i don't have the funds for. I just keep reminding myself that i can't own everything, so just be very picky about what i buy.

But i will definitely take your advice. I really want to eventually collect all the Iron Man Hikaris. I do have a question what is the difference between the classic Iron Man Hikari LE1000 and LE1200? On PPG, It says one is exclusive to Hot Topic but they both look the same to me.

Same thing, there is just the one HT exclusive classic color way LE 1200. It was not labeled as a HT exclusive, no HT sticker on the box. He just showed up one day, no official announcement – kind of like the Walmart MMPR Megazords. At a glance on the surface he looks very similar to the GameStop LE 1000 Metal Flake Iron Man. In the light the Metal Flake is slightly translucent and you can see the flakes inside.

I believe a glam shot did eventually pop up for the original listing him as LE 1000 and that's what PPG listed but it's an error.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:53 am

mohawkjones wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:Oh i totally know what you mean, i am trying to keep quite a few Funko lines under control and not let it snowball. Cause when that happens, i end up stressing out over new releases i don't have the funds for. I just keep reminding myself that i can't own everything, so just be very picky about what i buy.

Same thing, there is just the one HT exclusive classic color way LE 1200. It was not labeled as a HT exclusive, no HT sticker on the box. He just showed up one day, no official announcement – kind of like the Walmart MMPR Megazords. At a glance on the surface he looks very similar to the GameStop LE 1000 Metal Flake Iron Man. In the light the Metal Flake is slightly translucent and you can see the flakes inside.

I believe a glam shot did eventually pop up for the original listing him as LE 1000 and that's what PPG listed but it's an error.

Thanks for the info, the Metal Flake one looks really cool. I am currently trying to get him. I can't find any stores within a 100 mile radius that has him and he is out of stock online. But i think he may be my fave Iron Man Hikari.

ImageImage

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Sun May 07, 2017 2:54 pm

The new MMPR Megazords were my first Hikari. So far it's the only set I wanted and I'm hoping it stays that way with how much they are xD
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Sun May 07, 2017 3:26 pm

My first Hikari was my golden mickey.

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Sun May 07, 2017 6:26 pm

My first was infrared Boba Fett during an SDCC. I only collect Star Wars Hikari. I just got the Captain Phasma silver and she looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:25 am

If I'm truly honest with you guys it was a Michelangelo TMNT glitter Hikari, then a Mystic Powers Skeletor and finally a Batman. This was back when Hikari were a very new line (from Funko at least).

The TMNT and Batman Hikari's really didn't do much for me (still don't like their sculpts) and due to financial struggles at the time I just sold them all off...

Today I treated myself to a Prism Bossk. I'm very excited to receive him!

I think Funko's Hikari line really has grown form strength to strength. The sculpts seem to be improving all the time. However the over inflated prices have admittedly been a huge factor for me not getting in to the line previously.

With that said I've now realized that if you take the time to shop around and compare prices, then you can get some really good deals!

I love the Funko Hikari's bold, bright, bizarre visual style. The smaller batch / limited releases make it feel a lot less over saturated and corporate compared to say my old Pop! habits. Plus I think it's perhaps more of a thrill to get something that you know is basically a very special handmade piece of art.

I'll be first to admit that my Pop! habits were perhaps on their way to becoming an addiction.

Looking at all these little black eyed guys just gives me this horrid generic feeling now. At first I welcomed the uniformed style, but for me at least, I think Pop! is growing beyond the collector line I initially got in to earlier on.

Sure it's nice to be able to buy a Pop! of whatever genre, franchise, hobby or character you are into, but it has definitely lost the "designer vinyl" feel it first attached itself to. It's just this massive ever-expanding plastic universe that's absolute murder to keep up with financially and as a completest.

Plus I figure Hikari will at least hold their value better than Pop!s...seriously thought Pop!s would be a neat investment (in addition to the passion of collecting them), but having sold off many recently I was so terribly disappointed how many sold either well below their retail value. In fact in some cases I couldn't even generate interest in certain Pop!s!!

With the higher price (even the bargains) of the Hikari vinyls I can see myself getting perhaps 1 a month and that certainly make them feel like a real treat. Reminds me of my childhood...saving up the pocket money for that special figure or playset lol.

Basically I think that collecting should be a thrill and not a chore...Pop!s were starting to feel like a never-ending, always arriving process...time for new beginnings now.

CaselxASD

Postby CaselxASD » Sat May 20, 2017 11:14 am

Just got my first Hikari and was super excited when it arrived! I picked up a plumeria Stitch and it's beautiful :love10:

I've been fighting the urge to pick up Hikaris since I have the Pops and then I started Collecting Disney Dorbz also :eek: but now to have this Stitch in hand I'm so glad I got one! I can't wait to pick up more! It's definitely a nice way to bring in a breath of fresh air in collecting for me.

EDIT: Heyy! my 200th post! To add to this personal modest milestone here is said Hikari! :freddy2:
Hai! I'm Jerel, but most call me Jay. | One of those Average Nerds.

randig

Postby randig » Sat May 20, 2017 11:29 am

I purchased a megazord hikari pack (All but the ECC one) so I got to purchase 5 at once!

Now on to Voltron
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

Dk123

Postby Dk123 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:35 pm

My first one was Mickey Mouse

superkatchick

Postby superkatchick » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:31 pm

My first Hikari is on its way to me, ordered a Mini Gold Glitter Freddy Funko! Can't wait till he gets here! Have had a "crush" on so many gorgeous Hikari figures including the NYCC exclusive Burning Godzilla, TMNT line, Groot, the Skeletors and hopping ghost's but never ventured down the rabbit hole, guessing once I get my Freddy all will be lost... My money that is lol lol lol
Image Image

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:44 am

My first Hikari is the Dragon King and Freddy Starter Kit from 2015...super awesome!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

LiquidTease

Postby LiquidTease » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:17 am

My first hikari is the classic Voltron. Its still my favorite. My newest addition is the Hot Topic Kylo.
:compress:

carvajfc

Postby carvajfc » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:48 am

my first and only hiker is the Salt Lake Comic Con Exclusive C3PO he's orange pretty cool
:freddy2:

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Mini Freddy Hikari here but man now I want more!
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Head

Postby The Head » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:57 pm

I bought the TMNT set from Gemini when they were on clearance a while back (probably over a year ago at this point). I never liked Hikari before then, but they were cheap enough that I took the plunge and since then I've found several more that I like. The Skeletor and Sheriff Hikari's are by far my favorite though!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:46 pm

The Head wrote:I bought the TMNT set from Gemini when they were on clearance a while back (probably over a year ago at this point). I never liked Hikari before then, but they were cheap enough that I took the plunge and since then I've found several more that I like. The Skeletor and Sheriff Hikari's are by far my favorite though!

Still kicking myself for not jumping on them..congratulations on getting those beauties =D> The Sheriff & some of those Mindstyle creatures are wickedly awesome as well!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Return to “Hikari”