Miniature Hikari

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby Jezter » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:43 am

Mini hikari sound pretty cool to me, but I'm still waiting on any Hikari version of Superman, Wolverine, Ghost Rider and various other characters, so maybe someday! :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:05 pm

Jezter wrote:Mini hikari sound pretty cool to me, but I'm still waiting on any Hikari version of Superman, Wolverine, Ghost Rider and various other characters, so maybe someday! :D

Ghost Rider would be so cool!!!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:16 am

Finally got my RO box and man is that mini hikari awesome! I would definitely be interested in these if they decided to make more. Iron Man, Boba, Troopers, wampa!, make them all funko!
Higher, Further, Faster

nanite

Postby nanite » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:33 pm

Just received two rejects off ebay, and they great! Charming and detailed sculpts, I hope for more!
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

nanite

Postby nanite » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Sounds like more mini Hikari are on the way, hooray!

http://popvinyls.com/2016/12/08/funkos- ... s-day-one/
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:10 pm

nanite wrote:Sounds like more mini Hikari are on the way, hooray!

http://popvinyls.com/2016/12/08/funkos- ... s-day-one/

Yup... Brain actually first announced it on page 2 of this thread! There will be a bounty hunter Hikari Mini exclusive at Star Wars Celebration in April.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:47 pm

nanite wrote:Just received two rejects off ebay, and they great! Charming and detailed sculpts, I hope for more!

I saw those on ebay from China. I wanted to buy them but I didn't. I didn't want them to make money on a reject lol but congrats to you!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:52 pm

Well I just bought 3 loose from China as well...red / blue and clear...honestly if Funko makes this a proper line and expands the diversity of characters and franchises available then I could see myself going away from Pop! (keeping what I have though!) to this...

The miniature idea is great! They're just a perfect size! It's visually very eye grabbing too. Also definitely more affordable than the regular size...which is what always turned me away from the line in the first place...

Still a lot of Pop! wants...but when I fill that 10th plastic tub full of Pop!s (on to the 7th at the moment) I'll be discontinuing my Pop! collecting altogether and enjoying what I have...unless I move to a bigger house (not going to happen lol) or put them in storage elsewhere (not something I'm favorable of doing unless it's stock for sale).

I seriously thought about collecting the Wobblers this week, as Funko is really winning me over with their visual style lately...PSH's...Mystery Minis...just all very cool product lines...

...BUT with the ever worrying space issue I might leave the Wobblers for Miniature Hikari instead...if I really try really hard I *might* be able to accommodate 2-3 tubs worth of these along with the Pop!s...but damn, the cupboards here are going to be bulging out! lol

As collectors we sure put ourselves through a lot of grief hehe but man it's worth it!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:37 pm

I'd love some mini-TMNT Hikari! [-o<
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:33 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:I'd love some mini-TMNT Hikari! [-o<

:violent3: my wallet just burst into flames :mir1:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:47 am

Oh yes please!!!

nanite

Postby nanite » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:34 am

I'm all for a whole line. $20 - $30 pricepoint? Maybe a little higher for really complex paintjobs? Much more space efficient, and much more wallet friendly than the big ones...

...Which I really enjoy, but when you've got suicide sellers flipping them for next to nothing, and "real" Japanese sofubi at the same pricepoints as MSRP? They get kinda hard to justify.

So I'm all for a mini line!
Hi, I'm Seth!

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:39 am

nanite wrote:I'm all for a whole line. $20 - $30 pricepoint? Maybe a little higher for really complex paintjobs? Much more space efficient, and much more wallet friendly than the big ones...

Hoping to be able to get them for between $18-25 each AUD. Like you said....maybe a little less for the simpler ones...I don't mind if they're made in higher editions too...no probs if they are 1 of 5,000 or something like that....

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:51 pm

I'd probably try to get all the Night Kings if they happened.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:40 pm

If they did mini Stitch Hikaris ... that'd definitely make me jump into the Hikari line full fledged.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Why did you have to put this in my mind?! Now I must have them! And a mini shredder Hikari! And a full sized one for that matter!
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Strending625 wrote:

Why did you have to put this in my mind?! Now I must have them! And a mini shredder Hikari! And a full sized one for that matter!

Oh man Shredder Hikari!

:mir1: :mir1: :mir1:
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:22 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Strending625 wrote:

Oh man Shredder Hikari!

:mir1: :mir1: :mir1:

I would be all over Shredder! Splinter and Krang would also make for killer Hikari, mini or full size.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:25 pm

I really hope we get some previews from Toy Fair... need to know how bad my wallet will be hurting lol
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

nanite

Postby nanite » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Been watching the prices on boxed examples, they're holding fairly steady! $10ish shipped for the Red/Blue/Silve ones, Black glitter pushes $20, and the Gold seems to hit $50 regularly.

Nice job funko!

Are they numbered at all, like the big ones?
Hi, I'm Seth!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:12 pm

nanite wrote:Are they numbered at all, like the big ones?

Nope, just a standard release. Glad to see they have been a hit though, hopefully this gives a little overall boost to the Hikari line.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:32 am

I think Mini Hikaris are a perfect size for Hikari to make them look adorable and appealing. I would love some creative Iron Man ones!
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:31 am

allcutethings2 wrote:If they did mini Stitch Hikaris ... that'd definitely make me jump into the Hikari line full fledged.

I would buy a few mini Stitches

As far as mini hikaris go, I never liked the regular ones, but these are cool. Why are people suggesting $20+/- retail for these ](*,)
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:44 am

Unfortunately I could see these being $20-$25 given how expensive regular Hikaris are. I'm really hoping they are no more than $15 though because I'd like to go all out with these.
Higher, Further, Faster

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:03 pm

POPHawk wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:If they did mini Stitch Hikaris ... that'd definitely make me jump into the Hikari line full fledged.

I would buy a few mini Stitches

As far as mini hikaris go, I never liked the regular ones, but these are cool. Why are people suggesting $20+/- retail for these ](*,)

True Japanese sofubi vinyl figures use an expensive and high-grade vinyl, hence the high price tags. Hikari do not use quite that high grade of a vinyl material but it is a much nicer than what Pops, Vinyl Idols or Rock Candy use, hence the higher price. Plus add in the glitter, translucent colors, paint applications, etc and there is a higher cost there. Be nice to see the sweet spot hit around $15 for these, maybe $20 for an exclusive or a complicated paint application.

nanite

Postby nanite » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Yup, what mohawkjones said.

Another question on the mini boxes: Is the MindSyle name anywhere to be found? That partnership could be adding to the price too.

If Funko could get away with unpainted figures at $15, then higher for the painted versions, it would be great!

But I kinda doubt it, and retailers would really balk if each mini was priced differently.
Hi, I'm Seth!

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:15 pm

mohawkjones wrote:True Japanese sofubi vinyl figures use an expensive and high-grade vinyl, hence the high price tags. Hikari do not use quite that high grade of a vinyl material but it is a much nicer than what Pops, Vinyl Idols or Rock Candy use, hence the higher price. Plus add in the glitter, translucent colors, paint applications, etc and there is a higher cost there. Be nice to see the sweet spot hit around $15 for these, maybe $20 for an exclusive or a complicated paint application.

Very true! I read that Sofubi also use a high grade paint application

Regardless I would agree that $15 is the best price for these ;-)
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:58 am

Received my x3 mini Hikari Vader's and gotta say I absolutely love them! The scale, the look, the feel...everything about these just feel right!

The blue is my fav, followed by the red. Admittedly the silver / clear is a bit of a third wheel, but still a very attractive and decent Hikari in it's own right.

I would love to see this line take off...can't wait to see what's in store for 2017...

Oh and honestly, I'd be happy with more translucent / glitter and very basic paint apps (maybe 2 color tone) releases in order to keep costs at $15usd per mini Hikari...save the really detailed stuff for the larger scale Hikari's....

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:25 am

popmad2016 wrote:Received my x3 mini Hikari Vader's and gotta say I absolutely love them! The scale, the look, the feel...everything about these just feel right!

The blue is my fav, followed by the red. Admittedly the silver / clear is a bit of a third wheel, but still a very attractive and decent Hikari in it's own right.

I would love to see this line take off...can't wait to see what's in store for 2017...

Oh and honestly, I'd be happy with more translucent / glitter and very basic paint apps (maybe 2 color tone) releases in order to keep costs at $15usd per mini Hikari...save the really detailed stuff for the larger scale Hikari's....

I think that's going to be key with this line. The mini hikari seem pretty popular so I think they really have potential but if they are more than $15 I don't see them doing too well. I feel like they'd fall into the same issue as regular hikaris where most people think it's cool but aren't willing to pay the price for it. Personally I want to see this line do great because I absolutely love the mini Vader and am eager to add more mini hikaris to my display.
Higher, Further, Faster

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:25 am

ScarletFunko wrote:I think that's going to be key with this line. The mini hikari seem pretty popular so I think they really have potential but if they are more than $15 I don't see them doing too well. I feel like they'd fall into the same issue as regular hikaris where most people think it's cool but aren't willing to pay the price for it. Personally I want to see this line do great because I absolutely love the mini Vader and am eager to add more mini hikaris to my display.

Well said, and as someone who doesn't like the normal hikari, these are much more appealing, so I would like to see a better price point, so its more accessible for people, and in turn we get more :) :cheers:
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:23 am

The better price point definitely works for me

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Really hoping they do these. I would be down to for all the Skeletors to come back in a mini version.

GIVE ME THEM ALL

Top ISO
1. Apollo Freddy 2. 18" Retro Freddy Skeletor 3. Retro Freddy Skeletor

Instagram : JsinLegacy

Team BACON

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:04 am

JsinLegacy wrote:Really hoping they do these. I would be down to for all the Skeletors to come back in a mini version.

GIVE ME THEM ALL

An army of little chubby Skeletors would be amazing!
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:34 am

Skeletors would be AMAZING :D

nanite

Postby nanite » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Spoiler: show
Yay Mini Hikari Chopper! There's so little merch for him, I'm really pleased!
Hi, I'm Seth!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:32 pm

nanite wrote:
Yay Mini Hikari Chopper! There's so little merch for him, I'm really pleased!

I know! I ordered 2 boxes when I found out he was the "third vinyl collectible". I would love for the Mini Hikari to be a reoccurring item in the sub boxes.

Return to “Hikari”