Harry Potter Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
BrienneTheBlue

Re: Harry Potter Mystery Minis

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:34 am

For anyone in the UK, it looks like the bigger Tesco stores are stocking Harry Potter mins now. There was an untouched full box in my local store.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:06 am

I bought 5 today even though I probably shouldn't have lol and got BN Harry, Fang, Crookshanks, Scabbers, and Hagrid. I'm going to try once more at lunch but I guess my luck wasn't good enough to pull Fawkes.

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:50 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:I bought 5 today even though I probably shouldn't have lol and got BN Harry, Fang, Crookshanks, Scabbers, and Hagrid. I'm going to try once more at lunch but I guess my luck wasn't good enough to pull Fawkes.

I've still never found them at Barnes & Noble. Guess I ought to see if they're online.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:53 pm

morsehawk wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:I bought 5 today even though I probably shouldn't have lol and got BN Harry, Fang, Crookshanks, Scabbers, and Hagrid. I'm going to try once more at lunch but I guess my luck wasn't good enough to pull Fawkes.

I've still never found them at Barnes & Noble. Guess I ought to see if they're online.

Which ones do you still need? Ours were on the huge cardboard corrugates with all the HP section.

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:07 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
morsehawk wrote:

Which ones do you still need? Ours were on the huge cardboard corrugates with all the HP section.

I have to round them all up and see. Harry Potter Minis are my impulse buys when I see them on a shelf. Just haven't ever come across them at B&N.

Scottyy

Postby Scottyy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:21 pm

I still need flocked fawkes and padfoot!

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:25 pm

They had over 50 out loose in a B&N I went to over the weekend. I luckily had my handy dandy scale with me...and not a single Fawkes or Dumbledore among the bunch. Padfoot is a little too close in weight to Fang for me to chance another bunch of dupes, since I was only looking to help people out. :(
Hi, I'm Merri!

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:59 am

Katers wrote:The listed weights I worked off of: Dumbledore (Azkaban) - 62.5; Flocked Fawkes - 47.6; Harry Quidditch - 44.7 ; Sirius - 40.9 ; Yule Ball Hermione - 48 ; Harry Triwizard - 44.4 ; Flocked Crookshanks - 35.4. For comparison, regular Fawkes is listed as 47.6 also, and regular crookshanks is 35.6 on the list I found. Do you need the rest of the series weights?

For Dumbledore, I pulled and bought anything that weighed between 60.5 - 63. Got 2 Dumbledores and a human McGonagall - huzzah!!! The first B&N I went to didn't have anyone in the low 60s, just high, meaning Hermione or Hagrid. But scored at the 2nd store!

Thanks! There's another box at my B&N that I'll definitely be investigating.

(Oh, and I wound up checking the ones I already had and got Harry, Padfoot, and Fawkes! So, someone apparently shuffled the boxes around, but kept the full case there.)

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:35 pm

So I gave the scale a try at B&N and I did manage to get 2 new figures but I got 2 Voldys instead of Harry and 2 Fangs instead of Padfoot. Uggggh....
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Lonikins wrote:So I gave the scale a try at B&N and I did manage to get 2 new figures but I got 2 Voldys instead of Harry and 2 Fangs instead of Padfoot. Uggggh....

Well congrats on your 2 new ones! Yeah sometimes the scale can be difficult when some of the figures are really close in weight. Hey, at least the Hermiones are a unique weight so you don't have to worry about an army of her - wish I had used the scale earlier on these.
Hi, I'm Merri!

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:01 am

As a family my household had 14 boxes of these for Christmas. Do you know how many Padfoots we got? Five. Five. Come on! Between Padfoot and Crookshanks it's like they're the only ones that exist in the boxes we've grabbed. We did manage to get two Dracos and a Dumbledore, though.
Too soon?

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:13 am

HappinessGuano wrote:As a family my household had 14 boxes of these for Christmas. Do you know how many Padfoots we got? Five. Five. Come on! Between Padfoot and Crookshanks it's like they're the only ones that exist in the boxes we've grabbed. We did manage to get two Dracos and a Dumbledore, though.

Dumbledores are in serious demand, so that's good! Was it regular, or the B&N Dumbledore? But I feel your pain (*cough* army of Hedwigs *cough*)!! Good luck on the rest of the hunt!
Image ImageImage Image

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:02 am

Katers wrote:
HappinessGuano wrote:As a family my household had 14 boxes of these for Christmas. Do you know how many Padfoots we got? Five. Five. Come on! Between Padfoot and Crookshanks it's like they're the only ones that exist in the boxes we've grabbed. We did manage to get two Dracos and a Dumbledore, though.

Dumbledores are in serious demand, so that's good! Was it regular, or the B&N Dumbledore? But I feel your pain (*cough* army of Hedwigs *cough*)!! Good luck on the rest of the hunt!

I haven't really looked at any of the other store boxes, since B&N is the cheapest, so it was the B&N exclusive Dumbledore (what I refer to as Dumbledore 2.0)
Too soon?

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:48 pm

synergy56 wrote:
Lonikins wrote:So I gave the scale a try at B&N and I did manage to get 2 new figures but I got 2 Voldys instead of Harry and 2 Fangs instead of Padfoot. Uggggh....

Well congrats on your 2 new ones! Yeah sometimes the scale can be difficult when some of the figures are really close in weight. Hey, at least the Hermiones are a unique weight so you don't have to worry about an army of her - wish I had used the scale earlier on these.

I went to Target and 3 of them felt like they weighed about the same, but I refused to buy without my scale and my brother refused to assist me in finding a kitchen scale in the store to borrow LOL No more Hagrids and Hermione for me.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:13 am

Lonikins wrote:
synergy56 wrote:

I went to Target and 3 of them felt like they weighed about the same, but I refused to buy without my scale and my brother refused to assist me in finding a kitchen scale in the store to borrow LOL No more Hagrids and Hermione for me.

I feel like a sibling bond absolutely requires assistance with borrowing scales in stores to weigh minis. That's terrible! Though I've taken a lot of flak from the muggles in my life over the scale thing, it was such a life-saver in the end!
Image ImageImage Image

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:30 am

Katers wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

I feel like a sibling bond absolutely requires assistance with borrowing scales in stores to weigh minis. That's terrible! Though I've taken a lot of flak from the muggles in my life over the scale thing, it was such a life-saver in the end!

Thank you! I am so going to tell him that. My mom was so into it though when we were at B&N. She even asked me the other day if I am carrying around my scale lol

ImageImageImageImage

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:26 am

Lonikins wrote:
Katers wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

Thank you! I am so going to tell him that. My mom was so into it though when we were at B&N. She even asked me the other day if I am carrying around my scale lol

Marriage vows would have worked to get my husband to find a kitchen scale to weigh them, so I feel siblings should absolutely help when it comes to weighing mystery minis. It's good to know a mother's love will get HP mystery minis weighed, though. lol
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:15 pm

StarWarner wrote:
Lonikins wrote:
Katers wrote:

Marriage vows would have worked to get my husband to find a kitchen scale to weigh them, so I feel siblings should absolutely help when it comes to weighing mystery minis. It's good to know a mother's love will get HP mystery minis weighed, though. lol

Chad is such a good sport he would be up for it. And I think I may have to buy a new scale lol

ImageImageImageImage

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:16 pm

Yay went to 2 different Barnes and Nobles and got the rest of the exclusives! So thrilled to be done with that part of it, haha.

ImageImageImageImage

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:18 pm

Im hoping this release will of brought PoA dumbledore down in price. Im so close to finishing my set.
- tauntaunking on instagram

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:37 pm

Lonikins wrote:Yay went to 2 different Barnes and Nobles and got the rest of the exclusives! So thrilled to be done with that part of it, haha.

Congrats on your Padfoot!

I think we both need new scales. Weigh all the minis!
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:44 pm

Lonikins wrote:
Katers wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

Well then, even though there was a total sibling fail, MOM comes through for the win!
Image ImageImage Image

Greybeard

Postby Greybeard » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:06 pm

Looked for any leftover HP Minis at B&N tonight, none to be found. They did have a ton of Marvel and Frozen Mini's on markdown though, 50% off. Apparently they weren't big sellers.
Greybeard
Pops: 10
Dorbz: 2
ISO: Doctor #4, Big Boy

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:37 am

So - relatively new to this, and happily complete with my set of HP mystery minis. So what do you guys do with the extras (freakin Hermione/Hedwig/Ron/Scabbers!)? I've sold some to friends, and traded some on another group, but now that my set is complete I'm looking at like 24 extras that I do NOT need sitting around! Thoughts? Suggestions?
Image ImageImage Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:45 am

Katers wrote:So - relatively new to this, and happily complete with my set of HP mystery minis. So what do you guys do with the extras (freakin Hermione/Hedwig/Ron/Scabbers!)? I've sold some to friends, and traded some on another group, but now that my set is complete I'm looking at like 24 extras that I do NOT need sitting around! Thoughts? Suggestions?

If you figure out what to do with extra hermiones let me know, Iv run out of friends to give them to lol

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Katers wrote:So - relatively new to this, and happily complete with my set of HP mystery minis. So what do you guys do with the extras (freakin Hermione/Hedwig/Ron/Scabbers!)? I've sold some to friends, and traded some on another group, but now that my set is complete I'm looking at like 24 extras that I do NOT need sitting around! Thoughts? Suggestions?

Customize them...
Just a small town girl...

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:22 pm

Depends on how altruistic you are feeling. I gave mine away in Halloween goodie bags with some candy, but you are a ways away from Halloween. You can post them for sale on Facebook mini groups or ebay - if you just want to be rid of them just post them as a lot, and they may sell pretty cheap. I know someone of the boards mentioned that they were a teacher and was giving them out to students as prizes, so you could try to find them and work it out. You could do a giveaway for whoever wants them or you could list them as free, and someone would just need to pay shipping. Unfortunately for commons for a set that popular and plentiful the commons just don't tend to sell for a whole lot :(
Hi, I'm Merri!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:57 pm

I went to barns and noble on a failed niffler key chain mission and they had like 5 to 6 cases worth out, first time iv ever been shopping and though "I wish I had a scale right now"

krayziekmf

Postby krayziekmf » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:38 pm

fxrave wrote:For anyone still looking to obtain non-HT and non-B&N versions, check your local Bed, Bath & Beyond. I didn't even know they carried minis, but when I went yesterday they had a mountain of Harry Potter and Disney Villian minis -- probably the equivalent of three full cases each. They also had a fair selection of Pops.

I was at Bed, Bath & Beyond today and the Disney Villain mini and Harry Potter mini displays were in the 50% clearance racks. Harry Potter display was wiped out though

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:26 am

Sunshine29102 wrote:

Customize them...

I have no skills, alas! I picture trying this, and all I imagine is how horrible barbies look when little kids cut their hair!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:27 am

opopssum wrote:I went to barns and noble on a failed niffler key chain mission and they had like 5 to 6 cases worth out, first time iv ever been shopping and though "I wish I had a scale right now"

I may go in this weekend just for the heck of it and weigh minis to see if I can help people out. I'm bored now that the chase is over for me! I'd say bring on Wave 2, but I need my wallet to recover from wave 1!
Image ImageImage Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Katers wrote:
opopssum wrote:I went to barns and noble on a failed niffler key chain mission and they had like 5 to 6 cases worth out, first time iv ever been shopping and though "I wish I had a scale right now"

I may go in this weekend just for the heck of it and weigh minis to see if I can help people out. I'm bored now that the chase is over for me! I'd say bring on Wave 2, but I need my wallet to recover from wave 1!

use your powers(scale) for good lol

do you happen to know if PoA dumbledore is really light? Iv been avoiding the heavy ones, I need more hermiones like I need a hole in my head, but some of the ones they sound like people (when you shake them) feel lighter then the others :-k

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:31 pm

opopssum wrote:
Katers wrote:

do you happen to know if PoA dumbledore is really light? Iv been avoiding the heavy ones, I need more hermiones like I need a hole in my head, but some of the ones they sound like people (when you shake them) feel lighter then the others :-k

Dumbledores/McGonagalls are lighter than Hagrid/Hermione. When on a scale it was low 60's for the former two and upper 60s for the latter two. There's definitely a weight difference.

ImageImageImageImage

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Lonikins wrote:
opopssum wrote:
Katers wrote:

Dumbledores/McGonagalls are lighter than Hagrid/Hermione. When on a scale it was low 60's for the former two and upper 60s for the latter two. There's definitely a weight difference.

Thank you, time to go shake some boxes :freddy2:

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:10 pm

opopssum wrote:
Lonikins wrote:
opopssum wrote:

Welcome! Should be heavier than Harry/Ron/Voldy/Pets, but lighter than those evil two. I highly recommend a scale lol I'm awful at trying to do the pick up and shake method most times.

ImageImageImageImage

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:22 pm

Lonikins wrote:
opopssum wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

Welcome! Should be heavier than Harry/Ron/Voldy/Pets, but lighter than those evil two. I highly recommend a scale lol I'm awful at trying to do the pick up and shake method most times.

Funko investments: shelves, pop stacks, scales lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:23 pm

opopssum wrote:
Katers wrote:

The list of weights I had showed PoA Dumbledore at coming in around 60 grams. He's the 3rd heaviest on the list, behind Hagrid and Hermione. McGonagall comes in slightly less weight than he does. Hagrid and Hermione, just by feel, are noticably heavier than anything else. So set those aside, and then pick the heaviest box of what's left, would be my best advice for this one!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Lonikins wrote:
opopssum wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

Yeah, the pick up and shake method netted me 4 extra Dracos. I'm no longer talking to that method!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:25 pm

opopssum wrote:
Lonikins wrote:
opopssum wrote:

Funko investments: shelves, pop stacks, scales lol

I figure the $10 scale probably saved me at least $100 - probably more, considering when I was weighing the boxes, I went through 6 cases of them - and walked out with 3 to purchase/try!
Image ImageImage Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Katers wrote:
opopssum wrote:
Katers wrote:

The list of weights I had showed PoA Dumbledore at coming in around 60 grams. He's the 3rd heaviest on the list, behind Hagrid and Hermione. McGonagall comes in slightly less weight than he does. Hagrid and Hermione, just by feel, are noticably heavier than anything else. So set those aside, and then pick the heaviest box of what's left, would be my best advice for this one!

I may go try this out this weekend, I think I may actually own a digital kitchen scale :-k .
Do you happen to know the weight of Dobby? I keep over looking that I gave all mine away and now need him to finish my set, im hoping he is easier/cheaper to find then PoA dumble

Return to “Blind Bags”