Mega Man Dorbz

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Princess

Re: Mega Man Dorbz

Postby Princess » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:58 am

synergy56 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:That's scary because my nearest HT never got any of the HT exclusive Dorbz including Malificent, Zebra & Rainbow Batman... One more big gulp to see how this goes :blackeye:

That's when you get to rely on your Funatic friends that live in areas with 5+ Hot Topics :) I know I was able to help people out with both of the Batman Dorbz at least.

Merri to the rescue! Nice to see people so willing to help others. Love the look of this Dorbz! I think they will look great together.
signature created by bathtub-tigers

Eloy

Postby Eloy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:01 am

I really need this exclusive!!!

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:41 am

DefNotBlitz wrote:Mega Man Thunder Beam HT Exclusive Place Holder:
http://www.hottopic.com/product/funko-m ... 19614.html

This one is expressly marked as limited to 2000. Is this the new trend for HT? Will they all be marked in the future? I hope so.

Marking it, yes, but doing more limited stuff makes no sense to me. With Pops I could understand, they have to make a new mold (but on the other hand, once that's made, who cares?) but Dorbz are all the same sometimes with a little alteration to the heads or if they're holding something... and specifically this one is basically just a repaint. I don't understand it really...

I hope I can get two though, one for my and one for my cousin so he won't snatch mine lol I was lucky enough to get the Moana one so maybe I can get this one. I doubt my Hot Topic would get any, and they apparently don't call when they get stuff in I've asked them to call about ](*,)

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:56 am

synergy56 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:That's scary because my nearest HT never got any of the HT exclusive Dorbz including Malificent, Zebra & Rainbow Batman... One more big gulp to see how this goes :blackeye:

That's when you get to rely on your Funatic friends that live in areas with 5+ Hot Topics :) I know I was able to help people out with both of the Batman Dorbz at least.

:thumbleft: Here's hoping my HT steps it up and gets these this time ;-)
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:26 am

Never ending cycle of buying things lol Need to get all the Mega Mans though!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:12 pm

I really like the look of the thunder beam hot topic exclusive Dorbz. I won't be collecting them though, if I see it go live I'll buy one for someone on here incase a Funatic misses it
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:14 pm

Iv been checking the place holder religiously for the past week, maybe two thunder bolts is a must dorbz. Im hoping they also do some of the other four's too
- tauntaunking on instagram

Cwoobs

Postby Cwoobs » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:19 pm

operez086 wrote:
Cwoobs wrote:Maybe do a protoman chase as breakman. Oh the possibility. I just hope they make metallic. These would be amazing as metallic. Even just the helmet and blasters. One can hope!

Break Man would've been a perfect idea for the chase! It's so simple and easy for them to do. Maybe it'll be an exclusive somewhere down the line, like SDCC or something

That's exactly what I was thinking. It would be such a simple way to make a variant for him, and personally as a protoman fan I have to say it would be an awesome little throw back to a lesser known character /(storyline).

I'm all around just glad to see the megaman line getting the love it deserves. This has been my dream ever since I started collecting Funko items. If it does end up being an exclusive to SDCC, all I can hope is that they really go all out with the finish. Protoman and megaman would be amazing if the finish was a similar metallic sheen like the Ironman from the MCC box or the FCBD release Tony stark.

Honestly though, uhg... Now I just can't stop thinking. I mean if there is going to be a breakman, there should be a Bass and Treble.
And I mean while we're at it why not have an XL Dorbz Duo. Yet another character who never gets the attention he deserves lol. (IMHO). + he is huge in the game, so he would make great sense as an XL. Although so would the Devil Boss's. Oh my god the possibilities with different materials and finishes x.x for the devils!

Hopefully we do see more coming with this line. I can't wait as it is for the Thunderbeam exclusive!
Time will tell ^_^ (CMON GOLD MEGAMAN DORBZ!)

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:52 pm

I'm going to have to see if my HT manager knows if they will be getting the Dorbz, I noticed quite a few Dorbz in the clearance section so I'm not to sure how well they are selling there.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:07 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:I'm going to have to see if my HT manager knows if they will be getting the Dorbz, I noticed quite a few Dorbz in the clearance section so I'm not to sure how well they are selling there.

The only Dorbz I have EVER seen at my HT were the clearance ones :( I talked to an employee and they said that they never get them in. I'm just hoping some of my friends are able to snag the ones I can't get online.

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:45 pm

My closest HT hardly has Dorbz in stock. Hopefully these Mega Man Dorbz are not tough to find.
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Cwoobs wrote:(CMON GOLD MEGAMAN DORBZ!)

I'd buy that.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

Cwoobs

Postby Cwoobs » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:10 am

nerdandcheese wrote:
Cwoobs wrote:(CMON GOLD MEGAMAN DORBZ!)

I'd buy that.

One part of me is just waiting (patiently antsy) for the specialty dorbz to start coming.

- Crystal
- Gold
- Chromed

I'm a sucker for the gold finish pops and I'd be even more so for dorbz. It's bad enough the only specialty gold dorbz I've ever seen /heard of is the promo 75th anniversary Captain America. And at that I've only ever seen 1 up for sale and it did not have the original packaging. I think that's probably my ultimate grail, unless they come out with a gold megaman like they did the pop.

Really hoping we can get some amazing alternative materials and finishes on dorbz this coming year. ^-^

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:44 pm

Patiently waiting for Funko to officially announce these on their blog :-"

Princess

Postby Princess » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:54 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Patiently waiting for Funko to officially announce these on their blog :-"

They haven't announced Megaman at all? Or just the exclusives?

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Princess wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:Patiently waiting for Funko to officially announce these on their blog :-"

They haven't announced him at all. The initial pictures we got in this thread were from retailers.

This happens quite a bit though so I'm sure we'll see something relatively soon :)

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Atomic Fire GS exclusive is up:
http://www.gamestop.com/toys/dorbz-mega ... top/138125

Get em while they're hot.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:35 pm

DefNotBlitz wrote:Atomic Fire GS exclusive is up:
http://www.gamestop.com/toys/dorbz-mega ... top/138125

Get em while they're hot.

I ordered mine yesterday. Really thought I was late to the party or I would have posted the link. Sorry all. Hopefully like other gs exclusives he's easy to get for a while.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:37 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Princess wrote:

They haven't announced him at all. The initial pictures we got in this thread were from retailers.

This happens quite a bit though so I'm sure we'll see something relatively soon :)

Funko does seem to love surprising us with dorbz. Not so much with the Pop!s but definitely dorbz fall through the cracks until they are released already.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

Princess

Postby Princess » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:40 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Princess wrote:

Yea Just funny that they are already in stores and no official announcement though. Mine are being packed in their box right now. Hope the mail man is gentle!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:41 pm

I'm not too worried about finding him so I'm risking it and hoping to find in store. I think it'll be like the others where each store gets a couple.

Princess

Postby Princess » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:08 pm

We don't have the option of waiting for stores. They don't sell Dorbz unfortunately. Or at least, no store within a few hours drive of me that I am aware of. The stores that had them have sold all their stock and have not replaced it and said they didn't sell well enough. So buying online is the only option. Not a bad option, but I do miss that excitement of walking into the store and seeing the figure you have been waiting for on the shelf.

refractorman

Postby refractorman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Atomic Fire Mega Man GameStop Exclusive is live.

http://m.gamestop.com/product/toys/dorb ... top/138125
Dorbz: 360 | Dorbz XL: 14 | Dorbz Ridez: 31 | Mega Dorbz: 1

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:04 am

Seeing a lot of places starting to carry mega man dorbz but just mega man. Are Proto and the others coming out later seperate.

Azxc34

Postby Azxc34 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:19 pm

As much as I like these, I'm gonna wait and see. I was excited when the Pops came out but there were too many variant colors. The completist in me would have bought all of them and gone broke lol. Lets hope they don't make a hundred colors of Mega Man in Dorbz.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Azxc34 wrote:As much as I like these, I'm gonna wait and see. I was excited when the Pops came out but there were too many variant colors. The completist in me would have bought all of them and gone broke lol. Lets hope they don't make a hundred colors of Mega Man in Dorbz.

I'm curious to see how many variants we get too. What I'm really hoping for is some bosses, now that would be cool!

Princess

Postby Princess » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:28 pm

DonCaballero wrote:Seeing a lot of places starting to carry mega man dorbz but just mega man. Are Proto and the others coming out later seperate.

In Australia the 4 regulars are in stock together so hopefully the others start appearing in the USA as well :)

operez086

Postby operez086 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:20 am

Cwoobs wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking. It would be such a simple way to make a variant for him, and personally as a protoman fan I have to say it would be an awesome little throw back to a lesser known character /(storyline).

I'm all around just glad to see the megaman line getting the love it deserves. This has been my dream ever since I started collecting Funko items. If it does end up being an exclusive to SDCC, all I can hope is that they really go all out with the finish. Protoman and megaman would be amazing if the finish was a similar metallic sheen like the Ironman from the MCC box or the FCBD release Tony stark.

Honestly though, uhg... Now I just can't stop thinking. I mean if there is going to be a breakman, there should be a Bass and Treble.
And I mean while we're at it why not have an XL Dorbz Duo. Yet another character who never gets the attention he deserves lol. (IMHO). + he is huge in the game, so he would make great sense as an XL. Although so would the Devil Boss's. Oh my god the possibilities with different materials and finishes x.x for the devils!

Hopefully we do see more coming with this line. I can't wait as it is for the Thunderbeam exclusive!
Time will tell ^_^ (CMON GOLD MEGAMAN DORBZ!)

I'm really curious what they plan for SDCC, if anything (which I know is super far away, but if they're popular enough, who knows).

I hope I hope I hope(!) that I snag the Thunder Beam one from HT.

I wouldn't do Bass, Treble or Duo, just yet. Since they're lesser knowns, I'd wait to see how popular the first wave get and use them for wave 3 (I hope). Cause you can even go further with the lesser known characters and use Quint, King or Tango! haha Or even Mr. X (as a Wily chase!)

The Devil's XL are a HUGE want from me! (Metallic or Glow in the Dark)

And heck YES to Gold Mega Man Dorbz!
-->Oliver<--
Instagram: oliverjperez

dubbelaar

Postby dubbelaar » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:44 am

Wow those look cool. It would be cool if they make a emerald city comic con exclusive of gyroman from megaman 5 or centaur man from mega man 6 or snake man from megaman 3

operez086

Postby operez086 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:17 pm

dubbelaar wrote:Wow those look cool. It would be cool if they make a emerald city comic con exclusive of gyroman from megaman 5 or centaur man from mega man 6 or snake man from megaman 3

Great idea! I'd add Astro man and Bubble Man to that list!
-->Oliver<--
Instagram: oliverjperez

ks082091

Postby ks082091 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:43 am

Random thought, but I noticed something. Malificent is the only one so far that had the count piece on it, even though all the Batman ones that came out were also limited to 1500. Coincidentally, it is also the only one that didn't come out overseas. All the other ones were released, sans sticker. Maybe not a coincidence? I don't see this one being released abroad.

Princess

Postby Princess » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:07 am

Are you sure Maleficent wasn't released overseas? I thought she was at PC at least. I remember thinking I should get her but I wasn't into Dorbz at the time so didn't (which I regretted later). Perhaps my recollection is wrong, but I thought she was available, although only for a very short time. She, like the rainbow batman sold out really quickly. Like I say though, maleficent was before I was really into Dorbz, so I am very likely wrong.
PC and FP seem to be getting the HT exclusives much more consistently then they used to, so I am fairly confident they will get this, but might call PC tomorrow to check. I would be pretty shocked if they didn't, as HT won't ship internationally any more. It would be a real shame if yet another source of Dorbz was cut off to internationals. I keep enough people on these boards busy helping me with Funko shop and Walmart exclusives without adding another store lol.

OzzyRhds

Postby OzzyRhds » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:12 am

The link for the hot topic exclusive went live!!

I collect Spores, Molds and FUNKO!

Romulusbrah

Postby Romulusbrah » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:35 am

OzzyRhds wrote:The link for the hot topic exclusive went live!!

Its dead :( I was trying to check out, but hot topics mobile site is so choppy. I kept pressing check out and it would take me to the same page or freeze .....eventually they were all gone :,(
U aware?

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Romulusbrah wrote:

Its dead :( I was trying to check out, but hot topics mobile site is so choppy. I kept pressing check out and it would take me to the same page or freeze .....eventually they were all gone :,(

Was this one limited as well!? I thought only the Hot Topic ones were 1 of 2000 and the rest a general exclusive release..
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

OzzyRhds

Postby OzzyRhds » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:39 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Romulusbrah wrote:

Was this one limited as well!? I thought only the Hot Topic ones were 1 of 2000 and the rest a general exclusive release..

Yes, it was for the 2000 limited hot topic version!

I collect Spores, Molds and FUNKO!

ks082091

Postby ks082091 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:51 pm

Princess wrote:Are you sure Maleficent wasn't released overseas? I thought she was at PC at least. I remember thinking I should get her but I wasn't into Dorbz at the time so didn't (which I regretted later). Perhaps my recollection is wrong, but I thought she was available, although only for a very short time. She, like the rainbow batman sold out really quickly. Like I say though, maleficent was before I was really into Dorbz, so I am very likely wrong.
PC and FP seem to be getting the HT exclusives much more consistently then they used to, so I am fairly confident they will get this, but might call PC tomorrow to check. I would be pretty shocked if they didn't, as HT won't ship internationally any more. It would be a real shame if yet another source of Dorbz was cut off to internationals. I keep enough people on these boards busy helping me with Funko shop and Walmart exclusives without adding another store lol.

Fairly certain. I have never ever seen a malificent without a sticker. I tried looking for one. And I don't see fp or popcultcha selling it with the hot topic sticker on it. Only time will tell, but I really think these wont be international. or maybe they will be, but they will be part of the 2000 piece count. Never have I seen a pop or dorbz that had a piece numbered sticker on it, be released without a sticker overseas. Even qui gon forexample, the ones released overseas were part of the 2000 total count. It would be bad marketing on funkos part or hot topic, to have a sticker that says 2000 piece and then have another 2000 piece overseas. Then its a 4000 piece. At that point, just use a normal hot topic sticker. Which is what they have done for all the other dorbz that were "limited to 1500". and then released overseas.

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:23 pm

From 5am to about 5:01 lol I'm getting tired of super ultra rare exclusives that require you to camp out on your laptop in a caffeine fueled binge while shunning work, sleep and family in order to be one of the anointed few lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:16 pm

ks082091 wrote:
Princess wrote:Are you sure Maleficent wasn't released overseas? I thought she was at PC at least. I remember thinking I should get her but I wasn't into Dorbz at the time so didn't (which I regretted later). Perhaps my recollection is wrong, but I thought she was available, although only for a very short time. She, like the rainbow batman sold out really quickly. Like I say though, maleficent was before I was really into Dorbz, so I am very likely wrong.

Fairly certain. I have never ever seen a malificent without a sticker. I tried looking for one. And I don't see fp or popcultcha selling it with the hot topic sticker on it. Only time will tell, but I really think these wont be international. or maybe they will be, but they will be part of the 2000 piece count. Never have I seen a pop or dorbz that had a piece numbered sticker on it, be released without a sticker overseas. Even qui gon forexample, the ones released overseas were part of the 2000 total count. It would be bad marketing on funkos part or hot topic, to have a sticker that says 2000 piece and then have another 2000 piece overseas. Then its a 4000 piece. At that point, just use a normal hot topic sticker. Which is what they have done for all the other dorbz that were "limited to 1500". and then released overseas.

Wasn't there something with Eleventh Doctor in spacesuit where BGV Toys got some but it was still available everywhere? I don't think 2000 means 2000 total when it's a store exclusive, it probably means only 2000 will be available at HT in North America and other places will have them non-exclusive. The Voyager Moana Dorbz had a normal sticker and the site said 1500 pieces, but it's on FPI.

I wish they'd just quit doing these limited things all together, do them common or exclusives but don't limited it, it doesn't help collectors and it's not like Funko's getting more money from second hand sellers.

dubbelaar

Postby dubbelaar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:24 pm

Man i missed it.Dam #-o

Return to “Dorbz”