Mini Mystery Complete Sets

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
davederoin

Mini Mystery Complete Sets

Postby davederoin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:50 pm

To me, a complete set is exactly that, complete. It should include all the exclusives from HT, GS, WM, WG or any other retailer. With that in mind, what complete sets do you have? Just looking for like-minded people who are as taken over by this insanity as I am. :)

Here are mine:

Arkham Games
Best of Bethesda
Fallout
Heroes of the Storm
Horror Classics 1,2, and 3
Walking Dead 1,3, and 4

I am close on these:

Fallout 4 (need Preston)
Harry Potter (need Flocked Crookshanks)
League of Legends (need Gnar and Teemo)
Walking Dead 2 (need Bloody Carl)

I am working on other sets as well, but not near as close to being done as these.

Looking forward to the responses!

krayziekmf

Re: Mini Mystery Complete Sets

Postby krayziekmf » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:55 pm

I only have a complete set of Gears of War.

Working on Moana but I already have 5 dupes lol

My daughter was working on FNAF and gave up when I showed her the price of the hot topic 1:72 shadow freddy.
Last edited by krayziekmf on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:03 pm

I am close on the "Supernatural" set, I just need the Hellhound and Abaddon chase.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:07 pm

I think the only complete set I still have is the Disney Heroes vs. Villains. I had a few others but I've sold off a lot of the ones I didn't like as much to make more space, and these days I'm a lot pickier about everything since space is so tight so I don't even try to complete them anymore. lol
wenhol8710 on Instagram

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:09 pm

I don't have any complete sets, but I'm very close with TMNT. The sad thing is that set is extremely easy to complete lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:15 pm

Only Mystery Mini set I completed was Supernatural. That was a pain... :(
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:16 pm

BillyLouis wrote:I am close on the "Supernatural" set, I just need the Hellhound and Abaddon chase.

IIRC Those pop up on ebay pretty cheap now and then.
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:17 pm

Closest I am is probably Horror Classics S3. I need Patrick Bateman and Syringe fingers Freddy.
Next closest is Horror Classics S2. Missing B&W Hitchcock and both versions of The Crow. But I do have HT Zombie Ed!!!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:24 pm

I am complete with ALL of Game of Thrones, Supernatural, Despicable Me, Minions, Harry Potter, and Finding Dory. I think that is it. Out of them all, that First set of Game of Thrones was the biggest pain to complete for me.
Hi, I'm Merri!

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:45 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:I am close on the "Supernatural" set, I just need the Hellhound and Abaddon chase.

I have been checking eBay off and on since there release but, I haven't been able to find them that cheap yet. I am happy that I actually pulled the Gym Class Dean though because that goes for close to two hundred.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:09 pm

BillyLouis wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:

I have been checking eBay off and on since there release but, I haven't been able to find them that cheap yet. I am happy that I actually pulled the Gym Class Dean though because that goes for close to two hundred.

How low are you looking? I mean the two you are missing were $50-60 when the series was hot.
#BeastBoyShrine

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Alice through the looking glass.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

rugbyplayer11

Postby rugbyplayer11 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:24 pm

I am complete on Spider-man and Batman Pint size heroes.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:34 pm

Horror 3, suicide squad, xmen, gears, bethesda. I think I'm one or two away on about 3 others. Lots of minis.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:35 pm

davederoin wrote:To me, a complete set is exactly that, complete. It should include all the exclusives from HT, GS, WM, WG or any other retailer. With that in mind, what complete sets do you have? Just looking for like-minded people who are as taken over by this insanity as I am. :)

Here are mine:

Arkham Games
Best of Bethesda
Fallout
Heroes of the Storm
Walking Dead 1,3, and 4

I am close on these:

Fallout 4 (need Preston)

I am working on other sets as well, but not near as close to being done as these.

Do you have the gamestop exclusive cyberdemon as well? Only mention as just got reduced price in gamestop rewards.

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:46 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:

How low are you looking? I mean the two you are missing were $50-60 when the series was hot.

Well, it looks like I may have a trade for the Abaddon chase in the works since posting about it in here, so now I'll be down to just the Hellhound(and one of those shot glass display cases.) away from a full set. As for much, I am willing to spend, I guess, no more than $30. I have a hard time letting myself spend that much on a Mini, though, that's why I was hoping to trade.... Though I can't seem to find where my trade thread went.
Last edited by BillyLouis on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:02 pm

I'm complete on the My Little Pony series 1, 2 and 3, Despicable Me and Minions. And I'm just about complete with the My Little Pony Power Ponies (just need the regular Main-iac figure).

I'm also almost complete on Disney Princess & Pals (need Rapunzel, Meeko, and Pascal.) But I have very little hope of finishing it! lol
Last edited by SunsetBeauty on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kate

"Okay, you people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn . . . call the president." ~Jack Burton

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Mystery Minis - Too many to count!
Keychains/Pocket Pops - 8
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

davederoin

Postby davederoin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:00 pm

FredKruger wrote:
davederoin wrote:To me, a complete set is exactly that, complete. It should include all the exclusives from HT, GS, WM, WG or any other retailer. With that in mind, what complete sets do you have? Just looking for like-minded people who are as taken over by this insanity as I am. :)

Here are mine:

Arkham Games
Best of Bethesda
Fallout
Heroes of the Storm
Walking Dead 1,3, and 4

I am close on these:

Fallout 4 (need Preston)

Do you have the gamestop exclusive cyberdemon as well? Only mention as just got reduced price in gamestop rewards.

Yes I have that one. It's one of my favorites.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:17 pm

I am one prisoner of Azkaban Dumbledore away from completing the Harry Potter set. This will be the first set I fully compete.
- tauntaunking on instagram

davederoin

Postby davederoin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:29 pm

opopssum wrote:I am one prisoner of Azkaban Dumbledore away from completing the Harry Potter set. This will be the first set I fully compete.

Luckily for you, those are not quite as price-inflated as they were a month ago. Good luck!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:47 am

davederoin wrote:
opopssum wrote:I am one prisoner of Azkaban Dumbledore away from completing the Harry Potter set. This will be the first set I fully compete.

Luckily for you, those are not quite as price-inflated as they were a month ago. Good luck!

Until the restock I didnt even consider getting him, I could never spend around 150$ on a mini, im glad he is a more ...reasonable price.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:33 am

I have no complete sets lol
I only get the figures I absolutely want. Even in sets I would think I would want all of them, I still skip some.
Arkham - skipped 2 of the detective mode
DC Heroes & Pets - skipped anything not Batman related
Diseny Villains - skipped Mulan, Princess & the Frog, Toy Story

So I am just a little picky
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

The Minifigure Vinyl

Postby The Minifigure Vinyl » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:54 am

I have complete sets of:
DC Heroes and Pets
Harry Potter
X-Men
Vintage Batman Collection
I'm proudest of Harry Potter because it was so hard to complete the line! I hope to complete more Mystery Mini sets in 2017!

The Minifigure Vinyl

Postby The Minifigure Vinyl » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:55 am

opopssum wrote:
davederoin wrote:

Until the restock I didnt even consider getting him, I could never spend around 150$ on a mini, im glad he is a more ...reasonable price.

They went up to $150 at one point? Wow! I spent all of July focusing on that line so I was able to finish early!

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:26 am

BillyLouis wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:I have been checking eBay off and on since there release but, I haven't been able to find them that cheap yet. I am happy that I actually pulled the Gym Class Dean though because that goes for close to two hundred.

Well, it looks like I may have a trade for the Abaddon chase in the works since posting about it in here, so now I'll be down to just the Hellhound(and one of those shot glass display cases.) away from a full set. As for much, I am willing to spend, I guess, no more than $30. I have a hard time letting myself spend that much on a Mini, though, that's why I was hoping to trade.... Though I can't seem to find where my trade thread went.

Your trade post was probably deleted as we don't allow trades in other section of the forum except the sales/trade section.
James
Suit up! For tonight is going to be Legend... wait for it...

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:38 am

yellowrice wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:

Your trade post was probably deleted as we don't allow trades in other section of the forum except the sales/trade section.

It was posted in the sales/trade section.. I remember because I posted a trade thread without pictures which lead to that being deleted, so I reread the rules and realized I had to post pictures..

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:48 am

BillyLouis wrote:
yellowrice wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:Well, it looks like I may have a trade for the Abaddon chase in the works since posting about it in here, so now I'll be down to just the Hellhound(and one of those shot glass display cases.) away from a full set. As for much, I am willing to spend, I guess, no more than $30. I have a hard time letting myself spend that much on a Mini, though, that's why I was hoping to trade.... Though I can't seem to find where my trade thread went.

It was posted in the sales/trade section.. I remember because I posted a trade thread without pictures which lead to that being deleted, so I reread the rules and realized I had to post pictures..

It could have been purged as threads in that section only last for 14 days.
James

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:53 am

yellowrice wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:
yellowrice wrote:

Well, that sucks, I guess I should have copied it and saved it so I could remake it.

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:14 am

BillyLouis wrote:
yellowrice wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:It was posted in the sales/trade section.. I remember because I posted a trade thread without pictures which lead to that being deleted, so I reread the rules and realized I had to post pictures..

Well, that sucks, I guess I should have copied it and saved it so I could remake it.

Sorry man, I feel your pain, especially linking the photos :(
James

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:35 pm

The Minifigure Vinyl wrote:
opopssum wrote:
davederoin wrote:

They went up to $150 at one point? Wow! I spent all of July focusing on that line so I was able to finish early!

In the like "dead zone" of after barns stopped restocking them and the now restock there were two sitting on ebay at 149 and the PPG was at 150 [-(
Im not sure about the current PPG but hes up on ebay for about 30, much more my speed lol

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm complete on all Pint Sized Heroes (Batman, Spiderman, Steven Universe and FNAF). I plan on staying complete with all, but Power Rangers will be pushing my limits.

I'll take a blind box set any day over blind bags.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:19 pm

BillyLouis wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:I have been checking eBay off and on since there release but, I haven't been able to find them that cheap yet. I am happy that I actually pulled the Gym Class Dean though because that goes for close to two hundred.

those 2 (Demon Abaddon and Hellhound) are tough but not impossible in your target range. W/in the last 2 months I was able to get both. $27 for Abaddon and $40 for the Hellhound; the most I've ever paid for a Mini and probably my limit...which is why I've resigned myself to never having Gym Class Dean ;-)

I find it helps to base how much you're willing to pay for a specific mini in accordance with it's rarity (as well as how long it's been since they were available at retail. If I spent $40 on 5-6, blindly hoping for a 1/72 and end up with 5 or 6 doubles, I'd feel worse than just dropping the same amount of cash on the one I'm trying to get. add in the fact that, except under very rare circumstances, I'm not going to run into a full case anytime soon and $40 almost seems like a deal lol

OT, I long ago shook off my completest ocd so to me, "complete" means I got all the regulars and any rares I feel like I absolutely have to have. I don't stress over simple paint or glow in the dark variants. if I want it bad enough, I'll pick up a brush and do it myself ;-) also, eff HT exclusives. my store doesn't carry any minis besides Disney :mad:

that said, I consider myself finished with:
Supernatural
Walking Dead series 4
Sci-Fi series 2
Horror series 3

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Besides the sets that I did actually list as complete I decided I just wanted to collect superhero heroines and villainesses. So I consider myself complete for that since I have them all currently including any exclusives and such (even that clear flamed Phoenix which was most difficult to come by). Though now I have started doing the same collection for the Pint Sized heroes so I an re-thinking the minis for those. I need a Time-Lord technology collecting room. Bigger on the inside. Or maybe one of those Newt Scamander suitcase room things :)
Hi, I'm Merri!

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Disney--it's a disease
Got Pixie Dust?

BigHow

Postby BigHow » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:36 pm

I generally pick and choose a few MMs from each series that I like, so I don't have very many complete sets.

But I did almost complete Sci-Fi Series 2 while chasing Voltron (only missing the HT Exclusives) and I'm just missing Aquaman to complete my DC Heroes & Pets series!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Teen Wolf!

http://www.fixitinpost.org - Infrequent Pop Culture Thoughts

Looking for any of the following Pop Protos: Teen Wolf 1985, Astronaut Snoopy, Halloween/Pilot Snoopy, Woodstock, Wicket, Skeletor, Target Bullseye, Sugar Bear, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Topanga (from Boy Meets World)!

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:51 pm

Beyond horror I've actually decided to give up the MMs and PSH game...just too much of a headache! At least with Pop!s you get what you pay for...yes, there isn't the thrill of not knowing what you're going to get, but the doubles and price of these things just make it an expensive gamble.

I had x3 doubles in my Horror series 3 HT case, which was really annoying. Faired a bit better with the Walking Dead series 1 blinds...just a double of Merle. But yeah the prices for some of the MM's I'm missing from these two is just crazy...rare maybe, but I'm not prepared to have an open wallet for the sake of being a completest...especially when I'm tight on budget at the best of times!

I was lucky enough to grab Tank Walker Blood Version for $10 and Beetlejuice Adam for under $10 loose from China.

I was lucky not to get any doubles in my Sci-Fi blinds, picked up Spock from China for under $10 loose. But done with Sci-Fi now completely. Will just keep what I have and enjoy.

I'll keep hunting for further horror series 3 and Walking Dead series 1 characters I'm missing, but not paying more than $15.00 AUD shipped for each...otherwise it's just too much.

It's hard to resist the horror line, so I'll probably get a case when series 4 is released, as I love the sculpts and most of the character choices. But will never be a completest by choice and circumstance *shrugs*

davederoin

Postby davederoin » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:15 pm

I love all the responses and the differences in the how's and why's we all collect. I wish I wasn't as anal about completing the full set, it would definitely be easier on my wallet!

Turtledoc

Postby Turtledoc » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:57 pm

I have complete sets of Princess/Companions, Villains/Companions, Finding Dory, Alice Through the Looking glass, League of Legends, and Harry Potter. My collection also includes a ton of random pieces and parts of other sets as well. Sometimes I can resist the urge to chase down every piece. Sometimes. ;)
Mystery Minis: 332
Pops: 33
Dorbz: 21

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Completed the Harry Potter set! First for me, and felt oh so good! Those B&N exclusives were painful, but the restock finished me off, thankfully!
Image ImageImage Image

DaPopz

Postby DaPopz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:34 pm

This isnt the right thread probably, but I have a few complete sets and I display them in display cases. However they keep falling over, how can I make sure that the minis do not tip over?

What do you guys use?
Keep on popping.

Collector since: 15/12/2014

Grails: Unmasked Jason Voorhees

Return to “Blind Bags”