Your 9POA Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
RyGuySlytherin

Re: Your 9POA Questions Answered Here!

Postby RyGuySlytherin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:13 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
DARTHMARCO wrote:Mr. Reis,

What is next for the 9POA?? Is their a list what will come out??

I can't say yet, but we are working on a list now. Several new lines are being designed as I type this. :)

I definitely have my fingers crossed for some Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts 9POA Figures! If they aren't in development now you should definitely consider it, there hasn't been a decent range of Harry Potter articulated figures that span films 1-8 and with Fantastic Beasts now having 5 films there is a huge opportunity here with it back in the spotlight...

:-" ;-)

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:42 am

redmao wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:The scuba mask is removable. ;)

Ha! Even better.
Thanks!

Correction. The maskless one will be a chase.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:53 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
redmao wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:The scuba mask is removable. ;)

Ha! Even better.
Thanks!

Correction. The maskless one will be a chase.

You sneaky devils.
Unity, Duty, Destiny

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:56 pm

I have to say that the wall with Tyrion is great. Detail and the look on his face are a masterpiece. Mr. Reis and team Funko have done a great job. Thank you for the results of the first wave.

Please let us know if a second wave is coming to us for next year and the start of Season 7 of GOT?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:30 am

Oh yeah! I have nothing but praise for that wall playset. Such things really have me hoping that Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Westworld and Star Trek(New movies, TNG and Classic) are properties that can be considered or reconsidered in 9POA soon! I get dizzy just thinking about what a Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, a Bridge of Khaza Dum Balrog set, Dol Guldur or Smaug Treasure Hoard sets could be like!

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:29 pm

Could we possibly see some Horror icons in 9POA since we aren't getting reaction anymore? Hopeing Norman Bates may finally make his Funko debut!
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:04 pm

I'm still stuck on the DCTV shows.

I mean, I know that Reaction wasn't a huge hit for them, but that pretty much only appeals to one generation. 9 POA is more universal.

Sorry if I'm being annoying, but I still have crossover hype.
Unity, Duty, Destiny

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:31 am

Is there a list that will come out for the next lines of 9POA action figures ??

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:20 pm

Funko Pop! Fan16 wrote:Could we possibly see some Horror icons in 9POA since we aren't getting reaction anymore? Hopeing Norman Bates may finally make his Funko debut!

No plans for that at the moments. But anything is possible in the future.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:21 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:Is there a list that will come out for the next lines of 9POA action figures ??

That's up to the boss. Hopefully, once we have a more concrete list, we'll let everyone know what's planned for 2017.

ImageImage

Jackknight

Postby Jackknight » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:33 am

Are the chances good we'll be seeing a second wave of Game of Thrones figures?

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:45 am

Jackknight wrote:Are the chances good we'll be seeing a second wave of Game of Thrones figures?

Inquiring minds MUST know!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:39 am

TadGhostal wrote:
Jackknight wrote:Are the chances good we'll be seeing a second wave of Game of Thrones figures?

Inquiring minds MUST know!

We're still talking about this. I'll keep you all posted once I know more.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:39 am

PostModernChuck wrote:Hope at least some of the Twin Peaks figures come in at this scale.

Also, it's been about a year since Archer was announced. Is Archer still happening in 9 points?

Archer is still on the main list, but now it's just a matter of in what order we want to do things.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:45 pm

The 12 Days of Christmas announcement about Westworld was a little vague. Are there going to be 9 POA 3 3/4" action figures for Westworld along with Pops? If there are figures please say there will be 3 3/4" scale horses! I absolutely love this show and hope Old Bill gets an action figure too so he can drink to The Lady with the White Shoes!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:14 pm

bgiles73 wrote:The 12 Days of Christmas announcement about Westworld was a little vague. Are there going to be 9 POA 3 3/4" action figures for Westworld along with Pops? If there are figures please say there will be 3 3/4" scale horses! I absolutely love this show and hope Old Bill gets an action figure too so he can drink to The Lady with the White Shoes!

It's in talks, but nothing solid yet.

ImageImage

Toysflo

Postby Toysflo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:40 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
bgiles73 wrote:The 12 Days of Christmas announcement about Westworld was a little vague. Are there going to be 9 POA 3 3/4" action figures for Westworld along with Pops? If there are figures please say there will be 3 3/4" scale horses! I absolutely love this show and hope Old Bill gets an action figure too so he can drink to The Lady with the White Shoes!

It's in talks, but nothing solid yet.

I'd much prefer 6" Legacy figure for the Westworld license, so much potential, the show was amazing.
And Ed Harris rocks !

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:50 am

Hello Mr. Reis,

2017 Toy Fair is coming, will there be any surprises concerning the 9 POA 3 3/4" action figure line?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:27 am

DARTHMARCO wrote:Hello Mr. Reis,

2017 Toy Fair is coming, will there be any surprises concerning the 9 POA 3 3/4" action figure line?

You can count on it!

ImageImage

nanite

Postby nanite » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Two questions/pleas for consideration:

Could Mystery Science Theater figures be in the works?

Any thought of doing build-a-figures or scenes?

The Mads with bits of Deep 13. The various SOL crew with bits of the bridge set. Pearl, Brain Guy, and Bobo with Castle Forrester pieces!

I'd want to try and get Mr. B Natural, Tor Johnson, and Torgo figures out of this somehow too...
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:24 pm

nanite wrote:Two questions/pleas for consideration:

The Mads with bits of Deep 13. The various SOL crew with bits of the bridge set. Pearl, Brain Guy, and Bobo with Castle Forrester pieces!

I'd want to try and get Mr. B Natural, Tor Johnson, and Torgo figures out of this somehow too...

No plans for MST3K.

Yes, we've talked quite a bit about BAF pieces and you'll probably see some sooner than you realize. ;) We've already done the ice wall playset and we're talking about what other playsets we could do.

You may want to contact a customizer for those last ones. ;)

ImageImage

nanite

Postby nanite » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:16 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
nanite wrote:Two questions/pleas for consideration:

No plans for MST3K.

Yes, we've talked quite a bit about BAF pieces and you'll probably see some sooner than you realize. ;) We've already done the ice wall playset and we're talking about what other playsets we could do.

You may want to contact a customizer for those last ones. ;)

Thank you for the reply! I'll stay tuned for build a figs! :bounce:
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:25 pm

I was wondering if the Twin Peaks wave is just the 4 figures or if there are more in the wave? Could we potentially see 6 figures and Audrey and Leland will be included, just like the POP wave?

Also, any chance we get a Gordon Cole as some kind of exclusive so that we get an actual David Lynch figure? Maybe a two pack with Phillip Jeffries so we can get Bowie too? Wishful thinking I'm sure but it never hurts to ask.

Lastly, is there a rough release date (Spring/Summer/Fall)? Are you trying to coincide with the release of the new season or is that way too soon?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:59 pm

punksnotdead wrote:I was wondering if the Twin Peaks wave is just the 4 figures or if there are more in the wave? Could we potentially see 6 figures and Audrey and Leland will be included, just like the POP wave?

Also, any chance we get a Gordon Cole as some kind of exclusive so that we get an actual David Lynch figure? Maybe a two pack with Phillip Jeffries so we can get Bowie too? Wishful thinking I'm sure but it never hurts to ask.

Lastly, is there a rough release date (Spring/Summer/Fall)? Are you trying to coincide with the release of the new season or is that way too soon?

Just those 4 for now. We'll see how sales are before we make any more. Not sure about the release date, sorry.

ImageImage

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:26 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
punksnotdead wrote:I was wondering if the Twin Peaks wave is just the 4 figures or if there are more in the wave? Could we potentially see 6 figures and Audrey and Leland will be included, just like the POP wave?

Just those 4 for now. We'll see how sales are before we make any more. Not sure about the release date, sorry.

No worries, thank you for the response! I've wanted an Agent Dale Cooper figures for as long as I can remember. So I'm just happy to be getting him and everything else is sort of just icing on the cake.

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:33 am

ReisOBrien wrote:

The one place I have seen these up for pre-order has them listed for $15. Is that a new MSRP for these figures?
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:45 am

the_Archivist wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

The one place I have seen these up for pre-order has them listed for $15. Is that a new MSRP for these figures?

Not sure about that. That's a sales thing. But I can check.

ImageImage

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi Reis,

It seems like EE and BBTS have switched from offering pre sales on the individual carded Twin Peaks figures to this 4-pack. Can you just confirm that the figures are only coming in the 4-pack or will we be seeing both versions? I'm assuming the 4-pack is the final concept but I wanted to check. Thanks!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:54 am

punksnotdead wrote:Hi Reis,

It seems like EE and BBTS have switched from offering pre sales on the individual carded Twin Peaks figures to this 4-pack. Can you just confirm that the figures are only coming in the 4-pack or will we be seeing both versions? I'm assuming the 4-pack is the final concept but I wanted to check. Thanks!

Yes, it got switched to a 4-pack.

ImageImage

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. I got a cancelation email from BBTS on my single card orders too already. I'm not upset about getting all 4 at a lower price. I can get two sets of 4 for what it would have been for the individual set of 4.

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:21 pm

Soooo a small question about how rights to certain scales figures work:

Can Funko acquire a license to make 3.75 inch scale figures if a certain amount of time passes after a line that another company with a master license made,or if somebody with a master license makes a line of 3.75 inch figures for a certain franchise, does that make it permanently off limits?

Like say, if Hasbro for whatever reason stopped making 3.75 inch Star Wars figures, and had no plans for its future in that scale, would you guys be able to get permission to make Star Wars figures in that scale?

Not inquiring about you guys making Star Wars figures, btw, just needed an example.
Unity, Duty, Destiny

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:50 am

Hey, I know I just asked a question, but I found this whilst searching around on Amazon. Price is pretty scalpy, but is this the legit non-Scuba masked Underwater Batman?

Suicide Squad Underwater Batman 3 3/4-Inch Action Figure CHASE VARIANT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4VE9UO/re ... OybJVKRPBR
Unity, Duty, Destiny

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Is it possible that the Star Trek: The Next Generation figure which were discussed for the Reaction line could find their way to the 9 POA line? The Galoob line back in the 80's for TNG was similar and it would be great to get more like those. Star Trek just had it's 50 year anniversary and TNG is 30 this year so maybe, of done right, these could be a success? I would sure be interested in boxed sets. Maybe a boxed set of all the captains to test interest?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:41 am

Ben_ToaofFire wrote:Soooo a small question about how rights to certain scales figures work:

Can Funko acquire a license to make 3.75 inch scale figures if a certain amount of time passes after a line that another company with a master license made,or if somebody with a master license makes a line of 3.75 inch figures for a certain franchise, does that make it permanently off limits?

Like say, if Hasbro for whatever reason stopped making 3.75 inch Star Wars figures, and had no plans for its future in that scale, would you guys be able to get permission to make Star Wars figures in that scale?

Not inquiring about you guys making Star Wars figures, btw, just needed an example.

Well, there's no real one answer to that. It all comes down to contractual rights. Even if a company stops making something, they may still own the rights and just want to sit on it. All contracts have a time limit and every now and then, they need to get renewed (time varies greatly per contract). Nothing is ever permanently off limits, but a company can keep something perpetually off limits by renewing their contract.

Theoretically, and I can assure this is NOT happening, if Hasbro let their Star Wars license go completely, we could jump on it, but every other toy company on the planet would try to get it, too. But trust me, Hasbro will never, ever, ever give up the Star Wars rights.

And you mentioned 'master licenses', those are a bit different and all-encompassing, and even more unlikely to be given up.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:43 am

Ben_ToaofFire wrote:Hey, I know I just asked a question, but I found this whilst searching around on Amazon. Price is pretty scalpy, but is this the legit non-Scuba masked Underwater Batman?

Suicide Squad Underwater Batman 3 3/4-Inch Action Figure CHASE VARIANT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4VE9UO/re ... OybJVKRPBR

Totally legit.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:44 am

bgiles73 wrote:Is it possible that the Star Trek: The Next Generation figure which were discussed for the Reaction line could find their way to the 9 POA line? The Galoob line back in the 80's for TNG was similar and it would be great to get more like those. Star Trek just had it's 50 year anniversary and TNG is 30 this year so maybe, of done right, these could be a success? I would sure be interested in boxed sets. Maybe a boxed set of all the captains to test interest?

Unfortunately, this is pretty unlikely at this point. Sorry.

ImageImage

rylos-22

Postby rylos-22 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:44 am

Anything 70s-80s horror coming up for 9Poa?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:41 pm

rylos-22 wrote:Anything 70s-80s horror coming up for 9Poa?

No plans at the moment.

ImageImage

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:26 am

I love the Batmobile! Any more Rides planned for 9POA?
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:07 pm

commodorefunko wrote:I love the Batmobile! Any more Rides planned for 9POA?

Not at the moment. We have some we'd love to make in the future, but we want to see how the Batmobile does first. :)

ImageImage

Return to “Action Figures”