Favorite and Least Favorite

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
jkcohen626

Favorite and Least Favorite

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:31 pm

I know that this can be very subjective and that most of us don't like to think about Funko in a bad way, but I am just curious about what everybody's favorite and least favorite Powered by Funko boxes are.

For me, my favorite is definately Secret Wars. Two cool POPs that were both new molds and new characters as well as a great shirt and the first POP! variant cover. It doesn't get much better than that.

My least favorite was Guardians of the Galaxy. It was just a super weak box without a real POP or a shirt.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

HowardTheDuck

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Favorite has to be the MCC Deadpool box. It was filled to the brim with just awesome stuff! (But I'll give an honorable mention to the DC Legacy box) Least favorite has to be GOTG. That's the box that should've been my favorite but it just wasn't very solid.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:18 pm

My favorite was DCTV, Jay Garrick and my first Rock Candy. I loved that box. While I think the GotG box was weakest overall, I didn't get it, so maybe my opinion doesn't count there. Legacy was my least favorite purchased box.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:28 pm

My favorite was SB Bounty Hunter Box. Cool shirt, not to mention LOVE the action Boba Fett as well as IG88. It's too easy to call the GOTG one my least favorite (not that I loved it). I think my least favorite was the Jabba's Palace one, simply because with that whole massive gallery of fun/unique aliens to pick from or even Skiff Guard disguise Lando(I know everyone wanted Han in Carbonite, but not sure how that would work with the bobble factor), we got RD-D2 with a tray. Don't get me wrong, I love R2, but it was a bummer.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

CaptainMayhem88

Postby CaptainMayhem88 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:10 pm

So far my favorite box has been the women of power MCC box. Great Spider-Gwen shirt, loved the squirrel girl POP as well as the two mini figures. I haven't really disliked any of the MCC boxes I've received so far, but I would have preferred the Spider-Man box to have included a shirt and not a hat.
Team Spider-Gwen

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:45 pm

My favorite so far has been the Rogue One Box. 2 amazing Pops, a great shirt and a mini Vader Hikari. Loved everything in that box. I feel like all the Star wars boxes have just kept continuing to get better and better in general. My least favorite (that I actually bought, not counting the ones I passed on) was the Marvel villains box. For me personally there was nothing that i wanted or collected in there. There was some cool stuff, it just wasn't anything I personally was interested in.
Hi, I'm Merri!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Rogue one box for sure!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:04 pm

Like DCTV and Spiderman (it's the only Spiderman Pop Funko's done right). Actually, the Legion of Collector's boxes have all been better than expected.

Weakest - MCC Year One (which wasn't really part of the subscription, but has turned me off from buying any other 'Year One' boxes should they be done.)

I haven't enjoyed the Smuggler's boxes all that much.
Funklub: 11181

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Hmmm... my favorite box has probably been the Doctor Strange box; I LOVE the pop (although I would have preferred it in his normal colors), love pop mugs in general, and the tee shirt is tied with the Cantina and Rouge One boxes as my favorite.

My least favorite is definitely the Deadpool box; while it was admittedly a cool assortment of items, it featured a character I have absolutely no love for, but as a founder I take the risk in getting boxes I would normally skip. The Year One box gets honorable mention here, because while I was utterly disappointed by it, I wont count it as it wasn't part of the regular subscription.

As a subscriber to both MCC and SB, I think i generally prefer the Star Wars boxes.

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:39 pm

Best box, well I've liked many of them. Ant-Man was awesome! Bounty Hunters kicked butt. I think my favorite will be Empire Strikes Back though.

Worst box by all means was Year One. After months of us saying "there better not be a Hikari in it" and actually joking that there probably would be (but no one thought it would REALLY happen) to get stuck with one as a reason for the super-high box price ended up making that box purchase a punishment instead of the reward it was supposed to be.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:02 am

My favorites were Ant-Man and the Bounty Hunters box. The worst was absolutely definitely certainly entirely the Guardians box, no matter what Funko says there was no POP! in that box.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:10 am

Best box has to be the MCC Ant-Man box...worst box :-k :-k :-k THERE NOT BEING MORE ANT-MAN BOXES!!!!
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:37 am

I only sub to the LoC box, so my favorite so far....the Legacy box.
* I know the home product was a bit of a let down, but I loved the shirt and the POP. Those saved the box for me. I still need to try and get that Ace shirt lol

My least favorite....the Batman Villains box
* This was my most anticipated box with so much potential to be the best box ever. Instead we got a hat, a mug, and a POP that is not really a villain most of the time.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:18 am

Best MCC box for me was the civil war one. I'm not a big fan of them doing simple reposed versions of characters already out there but regardless it was an awesome 2 pack. Plus we got a sweet shirt, a dorbz, and a lanyard.

Best SB box (and probably my all time fave thus far) is definitely the Rogue One box. Two cool pops, awesome shirt, AND the mini Hikari. Loved everything about that box.

Worst MCC box for me was the Year One box. It was over priced and underwhelming. Worst SB box was Jabba's Palace. I actually like the pop but everything else was meh.
Higher, Further, Faster

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:30 am

Best box - MCC Year one 1 (over priced yes) but I loved the variety in the box

Worst Box - Secret Wars yes I'll catch sh!t for this but 2 pops bugged me, I like the more standard here's 1 pop and 1 of our other lines much more. I did like the shirt in that box - Villains box gets my vote for worst MCC shirt.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:46 am

My favorite was the MCC secret wars box. I love lady thor and we got two pops. My least favorite is the women of power, I know nothing of Squirrel girl and wanted more for spider gwen.

On another note I am one of the few that likes the GOTG box and wear my scarf when its cold.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:47 am

Favorite for me has to be the Avengers MCC. Hulkbuster is still one of my favorite pops, and I liked the variants of shirts.

Least favorite is by far the Guardians of the Galaxy MCC. Didn't like the scarf or the design of it, the so called "pops" in it, and the Starlord mug is just awkward to drink out of.

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:37 am

Deadpool is definitely my favorite to come out of Funko, it had a little bit of everything!
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but the MCC Villains box is my least favorite of the bunch. I despise Morbius, no need for a keychain, shirt was meh, and the only part I liked was the Loki Dorbz.

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:38 am

Favorite from the boxes I own would have to be the X-Men box. I'm a hero subscriber to LoC with this being a one-off but my bias for X-Men overshadows any objective problems there might have been with the box (spoilers: there were none). Out of the LoC stuff though, favorite would have to be the DC TV box. Batman Villains is a very close second but I can't wear the hat so DC TV errked it out by the skin of its teeth.

As for least favorite it's easy, the Suicide Squad box. Those articulated figures are absolute trash. Nothing about them was Funko. They weren't stylized in any way, anybody could have made these. I really hope Funko doesn't continue putting them in. Same complain goes for the Women of DC box. Out of all the lines Funko makes (Dorbz, Rock Candy, Mystery Minis, Pops & Pocket Pops etc) they chose to give me a transparent turd that looked straight out of a clearance bin. I guess the only saving grace both these boxes had was they weren't that abomination of a Guardians box.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

scorpiokyle

Postby scorpiokyle » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:40 am

Favorite is a tough choice. Probably Women of Power Marvel because of Squirrel Girl. For Star Wars i'm torn between the Rogue One Box and the Death Star Box (hooray pop cheekbones).

worst I'll jump on the pile and say Guardians. I think the scarf is neat, better than hats to me. But to me the mug was lame, the starlord one just looks off and not up to the quality of the other pop mugs. If it would have been a pop and the ornaments I would have really liked the box.

minusdatails

Postby minusdatails » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:06 pm

My favorite boxes were Secret Wars, Women of Power, and X-Men! I also really liked the DCTV box and Rogue One box. Apparently I can't just pick one favorite!! lol

My least favorite would probably be either the Villains or GOTG box. I think I traded or gave away everything from those two boxes lol I did think that the bobble ornaments were cute but I had no use for them unfortunately.

Overall I'm really happy with my subscriptions, I pick and choose the ones that have themes that I'm interested in and I have rarely been disappointed! The only thing I really don't like is getting a hat instead of a shirt, the hats just don't fit me at all!
My name is Kyle and I may or may not be a cat. :cat:
GRAIL: Captain America Mega Dorbz

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Best box - It has to be between MCC Avengers because of Hulkbuster and the MCC year one. I think year one got a lot of hate because of the Hikari, but the two dorbz and the pop made it enjoyable for me.

The least favorite would have to be the Guardians of the Galaxy box.
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:42 pm

I only get Marvel and Star Wars Boxes.
Favorite is the MCC Civil War Box. It was packed full of awesome stuff and the 2 pack was amazing.
Least liked was The Smuggler's Bounty Resistance Box. We got a re-skinned Pop and I didn't like the mug that much. I was expecting more BB-8/Poe Dameron and Pilots.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:55 pm

I'm only subscribed to SB, but I did get an Ant-Man box as a holiday gift. I think my favorite was the Rogue One box. I was already excited about the 2 pops being included (even if they were "spoiled" in advance) but then getting the mini-Hikari Vader as an unexpected bonus along with a cool shirt (which I wore to the movie but totally missed the contest posted on the SB Blog *doh*) made it extra awesome. That being said, I have high hopes that the Empire box is going to be my new favorite (like Tres said).
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

racheva

Postby racheva » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:49 pm

This is a hard one! I'm a huge SW fan, so I really enjoy all the boxes. I even like the mugs as the decorate the window ledge in my kitchen :) I think my favorite shirt was from the Death Star box and my favorite pop was the blue Snaggletooth, since I got one! Pretty cool idea in general. I also found the mini Hikaris pretty sweet, tho I don't need more of them.

I also have a few MCC boxes. The Avengers box has to be the best. The Hulkbuster is amazing. I also really like the shirt. I was very lucky to get my fave with Iron Man and ended up being gifted an XL with Cap which is super comfy to wear around the house like pjs. I know people think the Guardians box was the worst, and I get why and can't disagree, but I liked it more than some others since I don't really care about those other characters.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Well, best shirt SB Han Solo "Wanted"
Worst item, SB Jabba mug.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:35 pm

I only sub to Smuggler's Bounty and occasionally renew for MCC if the theme is awesome. If I had to pick a worst box it would probably be one of the DC ones but I'm biased and don't care for most things DC. And I'll go ahead and say the unthinkable: GOTG box was fantastic. lol. That box gets so much hate for not having a Pop but all the merch inside was great.

Best: SW Empire Strikes Back that closes soon. I'm not gonna spoil the contents because they just got posted today on IG, but that box is gonna be so effing awesome. Can't wait to get it.

Worst: Since I won't include DC, I'd probably have to say the MCC Women of Power box. The Spider Gwen shirt was cool, but the rest was kinda lackluster. They really should've saved the Thor (Jane) from Secret Wars box for the Women of Power box instead of Squirrel Girl.
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Shinfo13 wrote:I only sub to Smuggler's Bounty and occasionally renew for MCC if the theme is awesome. If I had to pick a worst box it would probably be one of the DC ones but I'm biased and don't care for most things DC. And I'll go ahead and say the unthinkable: GOTG box was fantastic. lol. That box gets so much hate for not having a Pop but all the merch inside was great.

Best: SW Empire Strikes Back that closes soon. I'm not gonna spoil the contents because they just got posted today on IG, but that box is gonna be so effing awesome. Can't wait to get it.

Worst: Since I won't include DC, I'd probably have to say the MCC Women of Power box. The Spider Gwen shirt was cool, but the rest was kinda lackluster. They really should've saved the Thor (Jane) from Secret Wars box for the Women of Power box instead of Squirrel Girl.

Might you please get a guy some links to the SB spoilers??? I can't seem to find them.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:31 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Shinfo13 wrote:I only sub to Smuggler's Bounty and occasionally renew for MCC if the theme is awesome. If I had to pick a worst box it would probably be one of the DC ones but I'm biased and don't care for most things DC. And I'll go ahead and say the unthinkable: GOTG box was fantastic. lol. That box gets so much hate for not having a Pop but all the merch inside was great.

Might you please get a guy some links to the SB spoilers??? I can't seem to find them.

Yeah, me too.
Image Image Image Image

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:39 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:

Yeah, me too.

PM's sent ;-)

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:00 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Might you please get a guy some links to the SB spoilers??? I can't seem to find them.

Yeah, me too.

PM's sent ;-)

Can you send one my way too please? :)
Higher, Further, Faster

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:04 pm

I feel like my favorites change every time I think about it.

Most favorite, Year One, awesome pop, two fantastic Dorbz, and cool cap hikari.

Least favorite, Deadpool, I feel like I should love this box, variant shirts, fun Dorbz, action pose pop. It's just an ok box to me though.
2012 Rookie of the Year

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:23 am

It's so interesting to see what everyone is thinking. For me the Ant-Man box was actually a weaker box, but a large number of people seem to really like it. What's even more interesting is the MCC Year One Box. I will admit that it ranks right in the middle of my boxes, but there are so many people here who despise and so many who love it.
Image Image Image Image

MV6000

Postby MV6000 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:19 am

My favorite box so far was been DCTV box. My favorite Funko shirt of all time with an amazing POP. While I don't like or collect Rock Candy figures I do like the Supergirl DCTV figure. So that box is just all around awesome.

As for the worst in my opinion......

I recieved this as a free gift from Funko but the Guardians of the Galaxy box is the worst. I don't like POP Mugs and I live in Florida so Scarfs are pointless to me. I subscribe to these boxes for POP figures first and foremost so Funko released a box with no POP figures. Of course that box would suck. Yes POP ornaments are interesting but no way replace a POP figure. So I'm glad I got a free box but to be quite honest I think that box is just awful.

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:06 pm

We get the Marvel and Star Wars boxes, and have every single one. My family's favorite box of all was Guardians of the Galaxy, no contest. Our favorite Marvel movie, my wife loved the scarf and the kids put the ornaments on the tree. We also have a mug collection and Star Lord is a favorite. I know it was a controversial box, but it was a big hit in our home. Honorable mention goes to the box with Squirrel Girl, who my daughter loves.

Least favorite box is tougher to choose--I'm tempted to go with one of the Star Wars boxes with a chase figure, since I've never received the rare one and come away disappointed. However, probably our least favorite would be Civil War, because we already had the two Pop characters and don't like duplicates. Next in line would be the box that was supposed to be Jabba's Palace, which had countless possibilities but wasted the opportunity in favor of C-3PO and R2-D2.

Return to “Powered by Funko”