A Gift From Funko

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
jkcohen626

Re: A Gift From Funko

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:44 pm

popfanboy wrote:So my "Holiday Gift" order was in my Smuggler's Bounty account and I got an email from Smuggler's Bounty saying my gift has shipped but when I got a package at my door this morning it was the Spider-Man box.... lol

That's the idea. They want to do something nice, empty out their extra stock AND try to get you to subscribe to one of their other services. If you look in the email it says that they are going to send you a box from one of their other services.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:06 pm

I got secret Wars box. Wanted guardians. Dr strange or Spider-Man. But hey I was gonna be happy with whatever I got.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:37 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
popfanboy wrote:So my "Holiday Gift" order was in my Smuggler's Bounty account and I got an email from Smuggler's Bounty saying my gift has shipped but when I got a package at my door this morning it was the Spider-Man box.... lol

That's the idea. They want to do something nice, empty out their extra stock AND try to get you to subscribe to one of their other services. If you look in the email it says that they are going to send you a box from one of their other services.

You are absolutely correct. I think there is confusion because Funko's original instructions have been lost along the way. We subscribe to SB and received Ant Man and Secret Wars boxes. We couldn't be happier and are appreciative of Funkos generosity.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Mine arrived today, spider-man box. Not too shabby, I'll keep a couple things for myself and give a couple of things out.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:53 pm

I got the Gaurdians of the Galaxy box...I love my scarf lots, it was so cute! wish it had a normal size pop instead of just the ornament size but really appreciative of the unexpected gift! Nice surprise for the end of the year!
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Got mine. It was the Smugglers box with flocked Chewbecca. Definitely happy with the one I received.

emcee

Postby emcee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Still no order in either of my accounts after my "Gift from Funko" e-mail. Not mad, just sad :(
I wouldn't doubt if they flip flopped on internationals due to the shipping costs but wouldn't blame them either.
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Nothing yet, no order on either sub.

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:55 pm

emcee wrote:Still no order in either of my accounts after my "Gift from Funko" e-mail. Not mad, just sad :(
I wouldn't doubt if they flip flopped on internationals due to the shipping costs but wouldn't blame them either.

Hmm, no tracking # with the email? The one I received had one but I also ship to a US address so maybe that's why.
I be Chris

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:15 pm

emcee wrote:Still no order in either of my accounts after my "Gift from Funko" e-mail. Not mad, just sad :(

You may be on to something or it may just take longer.

vegasbaby98

Postby vegasbaby98 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:27 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

You are absolutely correct. I think there is confusion because Funko's original instructions have been lost along the way. We subscribe to SB and received Ant Man and Secret Wars boxes. We couldn't be happier and are appreciative of Funkos generosity.

We only subscribe to the SB boxes. Our gift was the exact same box we had already received from SB - even the exact same tshirt. But it was a nice gift none-the-less.
Rose

Funko collector since 2010
First FDO - FDO8 Baltimore

Funko items in our collection - too many to count! Favorite series - Star Wars!
ImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:32 pm

That is hard to understand given the fact they stated they were going to award past boxes outside of our subscription. I can understand if a person was receiving all three subs, then it would be impossible to meet that criteria. It is just hard to make sense of it all.

vegasbaby98

Postby vegasbaby98 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:37 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:That is hard to understand given the fact they stated they were going to award past boxes outside of our subscription. I can understand if a person was receiving all three subs, then it would be impossible to meet that criteria. It is just hard to make sense of it all.
Not sure how they determined what box to send us.
Last edited by vegasbaby98 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rose

Funko collector since 2010
First FDO - FDO8 Baltimore

Funko items in our collection - too many to count! Favorite series - Star Wars!
ImageImage

racheva

Postby racheva » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:55 pm

I got a second Guardians box. I can't really complain as it was free, but I'm a little bummed. They must really have had a hard time selling them.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

emcee

Postby emcee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:01 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:

Hmm, no tracking # with the email? The one I received had one but I also ship to a US address so maybe that's why.

Correct, no tracking. Just a general message, and yeah I have it shipped directly to home.

Spoiler: show
Dated 12/29
During the holiday season, we're taking time to be thankful for our amazing fans and Funko family, and that includes you! To thank you, we're going to be sending a gift your way.
As a loyal subscriber, you're familiar with at least one of our Powered by Funko subscription services. We'd like to thank you for that loyalty by gifting you a box from one of our other services. Which box will you get? It's a mystery, but if you enjoy it, we hope you'll consider subscribing!
Gifts will ship in the new year, and you'll see an order in your account over the next couple days in preparation for the shipment. While you wait, check out all of our Powered by Funko subscription services if you're not already familiar!
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

racheva

Postby racheva » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:01 pm

DonCaballero wrote:I got secret Wars box. Wanted guardians. Dr strange or Spider-Man. But hey I was gonna be happy with whatever I got.

Awww, bummer! I got 2 Guardians boxes! I would have loved a Secret Wars one.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

CaptainMayhem88

Postby CaptainMayhem88 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:40 pm

emcee wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:

Correct, no tracking. Just a general message, and yeah I have it shipped directly to home.

Spoiler: show
Dated 12/29
During the holiday season, we're taking time to be thankful for our amazing fans and Funko family, and that includes you! To thank you, we're going to be sending a gift your way.
As a loyal subscriber, you're familiar with at least one of our Powered by Funko subscription services. We'd like to thank you for that loyalty by gifting you a box from one of our other services. Which box will you get? It's a mystery, but if you enjoy it, we hope you'll consider subscribing!
Gifts will ship in the new year, and you'll see an order in your account over the next couple days in preparation for the shipment. While you wait, check out all of our Powered by Funko subscription services if you're not already familiar!

I'm in the same boat, received the same email that you did on the 29th of last month. Still nothing in my MCC recent orders, no further email with a tracking number. Only thing I can figure right now is that the storms on the west coast are wreaking havoc on Funko, Having said that though I'd appreciate perhaps an update from Funko explaining that it'll take a little longer than originally expected.
Team Spider-Gwen

GeekyFinds

Postby GeekyFinds » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Like many others here, I have also received the Guardians box...Not mad at the free gift but would definitely have loved the AntMan box
You can call me....Ryan :wwe5:
ImageImage

lastmidnight

Postby lastmidnight » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Seems like I'm in the same boat. I only sub to SB, and I got the Bounty Hunter box... which I've already gotten. I get it if you sub to all 3, you would naturally get one you already had, but this seems like a waste. Guess it was free... but still. Bummed. In the e-mail they said it would be to one of the lines I didn't subscribe to, so what gives?
ImageImage
Hello! My name is Kate. / Pop Count: 702 / PSH Count: 136

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:07 pm

racheva wrote:
DonCaballero wrote:I got secret Wars box. Wanted guardians. Dr strange or Spider-Man. But hey I was gonna be happy with whatever I got.

Awww, bummer! I got 2 Guardians boxes! I would have loved a Secret Wars one.

Dang! Check pm
Last edited by DonCaballero on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:30 am

Got mine today and got the MCC Spider-man box. I'm really happy because I don't actively subscribe to MCC so that was one I really regretted not getting because I wanted the Pop. I'm definitely glad it wasn't one of the few I already have. Thanks Funko!
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

ginas_place

Postby ginas_place » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 am

Welp the weather has messed with my shipping. I don't know when I will get my box... tracking number doesn't work either...
Gina

I am a Funko Addict!
Sidekick in the Legion of Collectors
Hero of the Collector Corps
Pirate of the Smugglers Bounty

ISO: Unmasked Black Panther Dorbz

vellybelly

Postby vellybelly » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:58 am

Tynett wrote:I got the Gaurdians of the Galaxy box...I love my scarf lots, it was so cute! wish it had a normal size pop instead of just the ornament size but really appreciative of the unexpected gift! Nice surprise for the end of the year!

I received the Guardians box also. The scarf is amazing, as well as the other items. What a nice gift!
Hi, my name is Virginia

Celesdragon

Postby Celesdragon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Just received the Spider-Man box! I only subscribe to SB, and have only picked up two Marvel boxes along the way. I was honestly expecting a DC box because of that, but Spidey or Strange were the two MCC boxes I was hoping for. So yay!

Has anyone gotten a DC box at all as their freebie?

DarthScooby

Postby DarthScooby » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:20 pm

I get the DC Legion of Collectors box, so I got a Star Wars: Smugglers Bounty box Free. It was the Bounty Hunter themed Box with Boba Fett and IG-88 Pops, Boba Fett Patch, Bossk pin, and T Shirt.

Pretty cool box, and definitely even more cool for FREE! Thanks Funko :)

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:38 pm

vegasbaby98 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:That is hard to understand given the fact they stated they were going to award past boxes outside of our subscription. I can understand if a person was receiving all three subs, then it would be impossible to meet that criteria. It is just hard to make sense of it all.
Not sure how they determined what box to send us. It was certainly not based on what we do not subscribe to since I got the exact same box, same tshirt, same subscription that is the only one I do subscribe to. I am not complaining mind you, but I am bummed a little.

Your experience seems to be the exception and not the rule. Several have posted the original e-mail from Funko that specifically says we are to receive a sub other than from the one we subscribe too in the hope we will order from that sub group. Why not e-mail Funko Subs and let them know a mistake has taken place and they may send you one of the other subs since that was their original intention.

CaptainMayhem88

Postby CaptainMayhem88 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Just got my email telling me that my gift box has shipped weight is about 2.5 lbs. Should I assume this is one with a mug in it?
Team Spider-Gwen

odnar

Postby odnar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:58 pm

I finally got around to picking up my post holiday gift box today from my PO box and it was the Smugglers Bounty Force Awakens box with the Phasma and Tie Fighter pops. I do have this box already (it was actually the first sub box from Funko I ever got) but was quite pleased that the t-shirt was different. There was even a little anticipation before I opened it on which tie fighter I would get...it was the regular one (no red stripe) same as the first time I got this box. Since I already purchased the "chase" on Ebay for a hefty price just after the box came out that was okay too. I feel fortunate I got a box since I subscribe to all 3 with autorenew. :)

Bonzo37

Postby Bonzo37 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:28 am

sdcccrasher wrote:
vegasbaby98 wrote:
Not sure how they determined what box to send us. It was certainly not based on what we do not subscribe to since I got the exact same box, same tshirt, same subscription that is the only one I do subscribe to. I am not complaining mind you, but I am bummed a little.

Your experience seems to be the exception and not the rule. Several have posted the original e-mail from Funko that specifically says we are to receive a sub other than from the one we subscribe too in the hope we will order from that sub group. Why not e-mail Funko Subs and let them know a mistake has taken place and they may send you one of the other subs since that was their original intention.

I think this was pretty common by the sound of it. Go back through this thread, there are plenty of people reporting duplicate boxes, or boxes from a line they already sub to.
I got the same email as everyone else, and since I've subbed to both SB and MCC from the beginning I expected a LoC box based on that bit about receiving something you don't already sub to. Got ant man. I'm not gonna write to Funko about it, it was free so whatever. To me it just makes it seem like it was more of an inventory dump that they turned into some good publicity instead of trucking it off to a landfill. Still definitely a very cool move, shipping out probably thousands of free boxes. They absolutely did not have to do that. Congrats to folks who got something new.
I'm Mike.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:06 am

I get LOC and MCC. I'm looking forward to seeing what box I get. I believe I'm getting Smugglers Bounty. Crossing fingers that I get the Death Star box, but no matter what I get...I'll enjoy it. :thumbright: :thumbright: Funko
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

goldmonkey13

Postby goldmonkey13 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:39 am

I'm in the the U.K. I have MCC and SB (shipped to a U.S. address) but no word from Funko at all. Sigh!

jaybros82

Postby jaybros82 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:38 am

Still no info after the original email, my buddy received his yesterday and we both have done MCC since day one and joined SB 2 boxes ago. I'm bummed

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:11 am

Received my free box yesterday. It was GOTG! Love the scarf; actually, like all the items. I subbed to SB and MCC, but this was not a box I had.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

racheva

Postby racheva » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:19 am

CaptainMayhem88 wrote:Just got my email telling me that my gift box has shipped weight is about 2.5 lbs. Should I assume this is one with a mug in it?

Yup. I would predict Guardians, but who knows!

jester00

Postby jester00 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:52 am

Little late to the party, but I just got an email saying my free box has shipped!!
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

minusdatails

Postby minusdatails » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:54 am

I got my shipping email this morning, yay! I really hope it's a SB box! :)
My name is Kyle and I may or may not be a cat. :cat:
GRAIL: Captain America Mega Dorbz

blackmage214

Postby blackmage214 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:16 am

Just got my email. 2 pounds. Hoping for LOC or SB.

Finally got the order details on MCC. Ordered on Dec. 21st, tracking number shows it's "En route to DHL eCommerce Distribution Center" since Dec. 29th.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:52 am

I got shipping info that I'm getting a second box (two different email addresses, one for MCC and one for SB). It's also in the category of sitting with DHL since December 29th.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 am

Mine says it is marvel. Hoping for the women of power box or maybe the xmen box because those are the only two I don't have. Don't really need/desire either though
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

TheCollectorsLair

Postby TheCollectorsLair » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:46 am

There is a lot of negativity with this both here and on reddit. The way I see it, everyone who subscribes (and happens to be american) is eligible to receive a box for free as a gift. Not everyone who has ordered a box automatically gets one.

Sorry inernational customers, shipping is already a huge cost. 6 to 8 dollars or something like that just for americans, double or more for international. So, yeah, giving the boxes away to places they have to spent 15 to 20 for each box to send is a horrible business decision. If they sent out 1000 boxes, they already forked out 6 to 8 THOUSAND dollars in shipping fees, a complete loss for them, along with 30 worth of sales they lost in the process as well.

What company does that? I have been subscribed to netflix since 2007 and I have never received ANYTHING. my phone company has never given me anything. The grocery store I go to a few times a week for the last 8 years doesn't know who I am.

Point is we all have won. We got actual customer appreciation, if it was just to clear product they could have just had flash sales on the funko site. Even if we paid 5 bucks per box. They would made 5 thousand dollars on 1000 boxes and we would have gladly paid shipping. Instead they paid and took a big monetary loss.

So what if you aren't excited that you didn't get exactly what you wanted. Go cry into you free box of crap that holds value and sell it or trade it and get something you like. I subscrobe to Mcc and sb and I wasn't selected. I am not offended, I actually feel appreciated just knowing that all of you are getting stuff from the company we love. I actually am on my way to meet one of my local funko group members and buy his git from him, the bounty hunters box.

Sorry for the rant, but the ungrateful entitlement from some people really gets to me.
Pops- 211
Most Recent - Renly Baratheon, Flocked Ghost, Beerus, Zuckuss
ISO: Beerus(metallic), Lagertha, Ragnar, Rollo

Dorbz-20
Most Recent - Guardians of The Galaxy set (GS Clearance)
ISO- X-men, Game Of Thrones

Return to “Powered by Funko”