MCC February: Superhero Showdowns (SPOILERS PAGE 4)

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Sn0wKing1

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Sn0wKing1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:42 am

Daredevil v Punisher or Thor v Hulk would be my personal favorite potential box ideas. Cap/Tony/Spidey can do with a bit of a break from sub boxes. Also a pretty good honorable mention for me would be Deadpool v Cable but I'm sure people wouldn't want another DP pop.
Pop count...recalculating
Dorbz count...recalculating
Proto count...not enough
Mystery mini count...Calculating...

names Tre
ISO Overwatch protos, Batman the Animated Series protos, and now Destiny protos

Image Image

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:39 pm

I'm hoping we don't get another action pose Cap in this box. Also it'd be cool to get a couple PSH.
Higher, Further, Faster

Classier

Postby Classier » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:10 pm

I don't think there's ANY room for disappointment in this one, because I love a good action pose. Very high hopes for this one.

TheBatmanGuy

Postby TheBatmanGuy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:46 pm

This:

was posted on their Facebook. I put it as a spoiler so the link wouldn't take up room, but basically all it says is that the box will contain a new POP that's never been done before. That's always good news!

jaybros82

Postby jaybros82 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:16 pm

Thoughts on the new teaser? ?

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 pm

jaybros82 wrote:Thoughts on the new teaser? ?

somebody on youtube said HULK vs. Abomination based on the colors of the boxes.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:24 pm

6-inch Abomination would be pretty cool too! Always down for more of those.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:53 pm

TheBatmanGuy wrote:This:

was posted on their Facebook. I put it as a spoiler so the link wouldn't take up room, but basically all it says is that the box will contain a new POP that's never been done before. That's always good news!

This is awesome news! I was really hoping for a new character.

As for the new teaser, an abomination pop could be cool.
Higher, Further, Faster

jaybros82

Postby jaybros82 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Finally a 6 inch hulk vs a 6 inch abomination! That would a great combo pop box

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:58 pm

The one thing that worries me about doing two six inch POPs is that that might mean that they would have to downgrade to hat from a shirt to afford it.
Image Image Image Image

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:26 pm

I'm guessing that the teaser is teasing Hulk vs Thing; because isn't the Abomination green too? They'll probably be on the t-shirt.

As for the pop(s), I want a two-pack featuring Daredevil and Bullseye in fighting poses, like what was done for the Civil War box. And even though I despise chases in sub boxes, it would be kind of cool to have a yellow Daredevil instead of the red, in some boxes.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:00 am

Still on the fence about this one. As exciting as a new character is to me, I really have no interest in getting another Iron Man, Dare Devil, Captain America, Spider-Man or Hulk, I have enough of those. Such a tough call for me, whether to spend the money or not on a box I may not really care for. Ugh.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:02 am

Some say it's this Two Gun Kid person and if it is it's gonna be a disappointing box for them.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:25 am

Personally I've never heard of Bullseye or Two Gun Kid but even if one of those was the pop I'd probably be fine with it. There's been quite a few pops that have come where I had no idea who the character was. Like Squirrel Girl! I'm still hopeful this will be a good box.
Higher, Further, Faster

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:38 am

I'm guessing the actual "showdowns" will be on the shirts. Several styles like the Ultron box.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:28 am

Different showdowns on the shirt would be cool. Also I wouldn't mind a dorbz in this box. Think the last time that we got one was the Year One Box.....
Also a mini hikari would be great!
Higher, Further, Faster

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:35 pm

I personally would probably be entertained by a Two-Gun Kid but I'm into all that weird crap when it comes to Marvel. There's plenty of people who aren't however. (Check the reactions to Morbius to get what I mean)
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Personally I wouldn't mind Two Gun Kid even though I've never heard of him.

I think he'd make a pretty cool pop.
Higher, Further, Faster

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:14 am

Yeah zero interest in that lol
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:30 am

Why would anyone think that it's going to be him?! I sure hope they're wrong! I've always said that I thought MCC was a great release platform for some of the more obscure Marvel characters, but this guy a little too obscure for my tastes!

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:42 am

Boba_Fetish wrote:Why would anyone think that it's going to be him?! I sure hope they're wrong! I've always said that I thought MCC was a great release platform for some of the more obscure Marvel characters, but this guy a little too obscure for my tastes!

Exactly. I know a lot of obscure Marvel characters, but I've never ever heard or seen him anywhere before lol
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:32 am

Boba_Fetish wrote:Why would anyone think that it's going to be him?! I sure hope they're wrong! I've always said that I thought MCC was a great release platform for some of the more obscure Marvel characters, but this guy a little too obscure for my tastes!

The latest teaser. It showed two boxes dressed as cowboys and had them do a shoot out. So some think Two Gun Kid is a possibility.

I think bullseye is more likely though because the box that won the shootout had bullseye's symbol on his ascot or bandanna or what ever you wanna call it.
Higher, Further, Faster

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:27 am

ScarletFunko wrote:

The latest teaser. It showed two boxes dressed as cowboys and had them do a shoot out. So some think Two Gun Kid is a possibility.

I think bullseye is more likely though because the box that won the shootout had bullseye's symbol on his ascot or bandanna or what ever you wanna call it.

If its two gun kid I'll give you $10 lol

POPINABOX AFFILIATE

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:38 pm

POPHawk wrote:If its two gun kid I'll give you $10 lol

I really doubt it'll be Two Gun Kid, just saying if for some reason it is the pop I'll be prepared for minor disappointment lol. Though again it probably would make a cool pop.
Higher, Further, Faster

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Fair enough lol
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Glad I re-canceled my sub after the X-men box. I was unsure of whether I wanted to leave it for this Showdown box but now that they said there will be a new character Pop it pretty much eliminates the chances of a Red Skull happening. He is #1 on my fiance's hit-list for Marvel Pops and pretty high up on mine so we'd love for him to be redone at some point.

I'm really curious if the next box in April will be Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 themed. The timing works out well since the movie comes out in May, but I can already hear the gripes people will post about the first Guardians box. lol
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:23 pm

Shinfo13 wrote:Glad I re-canceled my sub after the X-men box. I was unsure of whether I wanted to leave it for this Showdown box but now that they said there will be a new character Pop it pretty much eliminates the chances of a Red Skull happening. He is #1 on my fiance's hit-list for Marvel Pops and pretty high up on mine so we'd love for him to be redone at some point.

I'm really curious if the next box in April will be Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 themed. The timing works out well since the movie comes out in May, but I can already hear the gripes people will post about the first Guardians box. lol

Isn't that exactly why people should be excited about the possibilities? I mean volume 2 couldn't be worse than the first box without a pop!
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:01 am

First GotG box is still my family's favorite from the past year.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Just bumping this topic
Image Image Image Image

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:13 pm

So many great possibilities available for this kind of theme, but Funko has kind of gone with the path of least resistance after the Villians box. I expects that the box will end up being as good as the past few, but like them not as good as it could have been for big Marvel fans because they will go the safe route.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

jaybros82

Postby jaybros82 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:51 pm

So new trailer is green goblin and spidey

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:15 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:So many great possibilities available for this kind of theme, but Funko has kind of gone with the path of least resistance after the Villians box. I expects that the box will end up being as good as the past few, but like them not as good as it could have been for big Marvel fans because they will go the safe route.

Unfortunately this is the truth. I hope someday they take the risk again like with villains but it seems unlikely.

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:04 pm

Why are people talking about Two Gun Kid? Everyone knows if that pop ever comes out its going to be in a two-pack with Kid Colt. ;-)
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:18 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:The one thing that worries me about doing two six inch POPs is that that might mean that they would have to downgrade to hat from a shirt to afford it.

Shirts are far cheaper than a hat to produce so I wouldn't worry about that!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:40 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:Why are people talking about Two Gun Kid? Everyone knows if that pop ever comes out its going to be in a two-pack with Kid Colt. ;-)

Dear god he's right. I feel so blind.

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:30 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:So many great possibilities available for this kind of theme, but Funko has kind of gone with the path of least resistance after the Villians box. I expects that the box will end up being as good as the past few, but like them not as good as it could have been for big Marvel fans because they will go the safe route.

Unfortunately this is the truth. I hope someday they take the risk again like with villains but it seems unlikely.

Morbius was a risk? I thought he was a rather well-known Spider-Man villain. I didn't even know Two Gun Kid existed until a couple weeks ago.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:39 pm

Classier wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:

Morbius was a risk? I thought he was a rather well-known Spider-Man villain. I didn't even know Two Gun Kid existed until a couple weeks ago.

You would think but upon the box's release the reactions to the character were EXTREMELY salty.

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:21 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Classier wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Unfortunately this is the truth. I hope someday they take the risk again like with villains but it seems unlikely.

You would think but upon the box's release the reactions to the character were EXTREMELY salty.

Don't get me wrong, I really hate Morbius, but I thought he was more popular than that.

Toralei

Postby Toralei » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:49 pm

I'm assuming Netflix Wilson Fisk technically counts as a Kingpin.

While part of me would love to see Onslaught, I have a hunch that it's Arnim Zola. They could super-size the lens as his head, then do a 50/50 split of Arnim's face in the chest or Red Skull's face in the chest. Excellent way to do a character that might be a little too unconventionally designed for retail.

Classier

Postby Classier » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:10 am

Toralei wrote:I'm assuming Netflix Wilson Fisk technically counts as a Kingpin.

While part of me would love to see Onslaught, I have a hunch that it's Arnim Zola. They could super-size the lens as his head, then do a 50/50 split of Arnim's face in the chest or Red Skull's face in the chest. Excellent way to do a character that might be a little too unconventionally designed for retail.

I would be incredibly happy to get an Arnim Zola in my box! The only downside is that we'd need a Cap for him to fight, and we already have about 3 action posed Caps.

Return to “Powered by Funko”