Gamestop Exclusive X-Men mystery minis?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
HaloHawk87

Re: Gamestop Exclusive X-Men mystery minis?

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:05 am

My HT never got the X-Men MMs either. I noticed they've significantly cut back on the number of MMs they carry overall, so I don't think I can rely on them moving forward. They have not sold well at that location. For awhile there it seemed like I was the only person buying MMs from them.

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:35 am

That's really disappointing. At this point, I have more Minis than Pops. I'm more into the variety of them, I suppose.
Collecting since: August 24, 2014
First POP: Hannibal Lecter (#25)
Most Recent POP: Dodoria

GameOfWhooves

Postby GameOfWhooves » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:25 pm

Found a full case at my local GameStop and grabbed the exclusive locations and got Kitty, Cable, and ... Beast. I'm guessing the top row got shuffled around. I still need a Brown Wolvie.
I'm Bryan.
ISO of Aloy Proto from Horizon Zero Dawn.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:00 pm

Marvelous WD wrote:
imt108 wrote:I received an unopened general box this morning. Here was the layout:

TOP:
Back: Cyclops | Wolverine
Middle: Mystique | Colossus
Front: Beast | Storm

Beast and Storm might be reversed because my son grabbed these out of the box before I could stop him, and I'm not sure if he put them back correctly.

BOTTOM:
Back: Emma Frost | Logan
Middle: Sabertooth | Professor X
Front: Juggernaut | Magneto

Thanks for this. Only wanted Juggernaut, found a new case this morning at Target and got him.

I just found a case on the shelf at my Target. It was still shrinkwrapped, so I know nobody messed with it. The weights on this layout didn't feel right to me — the spot where y'all's Juggernaut was felt light — so I looked on YouTube. I used this video to find Emma Frost, Juggernaut and Magneto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfv5qN3Pskw

I can't vouch for the other nine characters being in the spots where this guy found them, but the three common exclusives were exactly where they are in the video.

Here's his layout:

Back: Emma Frost | Sabertooth
Middle: Juggernaut | Storm
Front: Logan | Wolverine

BOTTOM
Back: Beast | Magneto
Middle: Colossus | Mystique
Front: Cyclops | Professor X

It looks like there's more than one layout, but it should be easy to figure out which one you have by feeling for the Juggernaut spot.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:12 pm

professorratigan wrote:I wound up getting Professor X, Wolverine, Sabretooth, Colossus, Mystique and Juggernaut... But my Juggernaut was BROKEN! Right out of the package, his head was totally severed. The top looks like the glue never dried to the spring and it was just loose. I'm really disappointed about that, as Juggernaut was one of the figures I wanted MOST in this line. Does Funko have offer replacements for defects like this? Because I really don't know how else to get another Juggernaut. There are no stores around me, aside from the one I ALL READY bought it from, that carry the common case.

Same with my Juggernaut! I just found him at Target, and his head was unattached. This also happened with the Beast I got in the full case I bought at Hot Topic. But honestly I have so many issues with Funko gluing the bobbleheads off-center that at this point I'd rather get all the heads unglued. That was I can do it myself. My Sabertooth's head was practically sideways, and my Colossus' head was flush left. I was able to break them off the little nub at the end of the spring and reattach them. Also my Cyclops and Storm have similar issues, but they don't look quite as bad. I tried breaking off the plastic nub, but it won't budge. I'm worried about applying too much pressure and puncturing the actual head piece, so I've been trying to bend the springs into a more satisfactory posture. The things we do for/with our toys, right?

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:04 pm

Besides target and books a million does anyone know of other stores with the regular assortment?

elektrokuter

Postby elektrokuter » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:50 pm

ryanc_ wrote:Besides target and books a million does anyone know of other stores with the regular assortment?

My Barnes and Noble got them in right before Xmas.

I finally found a Gamestop near me that had the exclusive case. They sold out fast around me and all restocks at GS were of the common which I thought was odd. And even better, the box was untouched so I was able to get the exclusives. Thanks to all for the layouts.

That said, I have to echo that the paint apps and quality are all over the place. My brown Wolverine's paint isnt the best and his head placement is weird bc the spring isn't placed in the right spot, so his head is way too far back.

Now to find the HT ones, even though I dont have a HT in my area..

krayziekmf

Postby krayziekmf » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:48 pm

ryanc_ wrote:Besides target and books a million does anyone know of other stores with the regular assortment?

Toys R Us.

I was tempted to collect these but reading all these stories about the heads being detached or glued on improperly will kill my OCD lol

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:26 pm

thanks, I still need the normal assortment exclusives, except magneto

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:46 pm

I haven't been able to find a untouched box yet but if my HT still has some when hot cash starts I will pick up what they have left.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:04 pm

I went to my local TRU just now and after searching for a while found a disheveled x-men case with one box missing. I was trying to find the heaviest one between two boxes that had been squished up when I spotted an even more squished up box underneath some other minis and it was much heavier. So I bought that one and it was juggernaut! Really weird that someone would take the time to pick out the juggernaut, destroy the box trying to feel it up, and then just put it back. Worked out for me though.

krayziekmf

Postby krayziekmf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:34 pm

ryanc_ wrote:I went to my local TRU just now and after searching for a while found a disheveled x-men case with one box missing. I was trying to find the heaviest one between two boxes that had been squished up when I spotted an even more squished up box underneath some other minis and it was much heavier. So I bought that one and it was juggernaut! Really weird that someone would take the time to pick out the juggernaut, destroy the box trying to feel it up, and then just put it back. Worked out for me though.

Maybe they were hiding it until they could pay for it lol

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Anyone still looking for HT exclusives?
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:31 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Anyone still looking for HT exclusives?

I am. My HT never got these in.

jaybros82

Postby jaybros82 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:06 am

I went with the original layout twice and got cyclops and prof x twice. I was looking for juggernaut and magneto, figured the first time someone moved some

BigHow

Postby BigHow » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:31 pm

jaybros82 wrote:I went with the original layout twice and got cyclops and prof x twice. I was looking for juggernaut and magneto, figured the first time someone moved some

From what I've seen online, there's at least 2 distinct layouts for the standard case. I think the best method is to test the Juggernaut spot in case. If that mini doesn't feel substantially heavier than the rest, then check the other layout to see if that one works.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Teen Wolf!

http://www.fixitinpost.org - Infrequent Pop Culture Thoughts

Looking for any of the following Pop Protos: Teen Wolf 1985, Astronaut Snoopy, Halloween/Pilot Snoopy, Woodstock, Wicket, Skeletor, Target Bullseye, Sugar Bear, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Topanga (from Boy Meets World)!

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:49 pm

Yeah, Juggernaut is distinctly the heaviest in the common case. You'll be able to tell whether or not you're holding him.

jaybros82

Postby jaybros82 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:45 am

Cool thanks I'll try again tomorrow

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:23 am

Still looking plus I still need Magneto!
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

zodach

Postby zodach » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:57 am

I pulled some of these from a standard case at Walmart and got most of the ones I wanted, but I am very disappointed with the quality of these compared to previous Mystery Minis that I have collected - TMNT, Sci-Fi 1 and 2. There were lots of inconsistent paint applications and marks, as well as poor color selections for some of the characters. For example the pink on Magneto was a very light pink and Cyclops had neon yellow and light blue. Both should have been a bit darker than they were. I am not impressed and will be getting rid of these.

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:28 pm

Could someone who has Iceman and Psylocke post their weights in box?

gogman

Postby gogman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:29 pm

zodach wrote:I pulled some of these from a standard case at Walmart and got most of the ones I wanted, but I am very disappointed with the quality of these compared to previous Mystery Minis that I have collected - TMNT, Sci-Fi 1 and 2. There were lots of inconsistent paint applications and marks, as well as poor color selections for some of the characters. For example the pink on Magneto was a very light pink and Cyclops had neon yellow and light blue. Both should have been a bit darker than they were. I am not impressed and will be getting rid of these.

While I'm going to keep mine as I love x-men, I agree the paint apps are the worst I have seen in a mystery mini line up.

My case had at least four figures with unpainted sections or big smudges across prominent areas. Please don't let this be a sign of things to come Funko.

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:09 pm

Yup, add me to the list as well as the list of ppl whose HT never stocked them. still need Iceman and Psylocke

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:26 pm

I was able to grab one set which went immediately. If I see any more I'll let you all know!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:53 pm

professorratigan wrote:Could someone who has Iceman and Psylocke post their weights in box?

Iceman is 52.9g and Psylocke was 52.4g for me Good luck! (Just watch out because Cyclops is 52.3 so that is the only one that is close in weight)
Hi, I'm Merri!

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Bought two from HT with my Hotcash the other day. Scored an Ice Man, and also got a very poorly painted Colossus.

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:18 pm

synergy56 wrote:
professorratigan wrote:Could someone who has Iceman and Psylocke post their weights in box?

Iceman is 52.9g and Psylocke was 52.4g for me Good luck! (Just watch out because Cyclops is 52.3 so that is the only one that is close in weight)

Thank you!

jaybros82

Postby jaybros82 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:41 pm

After many doubles of prof x, cyclops, and colossus I finally made it to HT and picked sabertooth, ice man and emma!

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:32 am

since Hot Cash got extended a couple days I picked up a few to try my luck. My store had taken them out of the display box and there was more than 12 on the shelf so it was a real gamble...but it paid off. I ended up with all 3 HT exclusives (plus a couple reg dupes) so I'm officially done with this set. The only one I'm missing is brown costume Wolverine, but since its just a color-way and I have the tiger stripe and the street clothes Logan I'm ok without it. Honestly, I think the Wolverine is the weakest Mini out of the whole set. He's too damn big ](*,)

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm down to needing just regular Emma and Magneto.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:17 pm

Picked up the 3 Gamestop exclusives tonight so now I need the 3 Hot Topic Exclusives along with Beast, Mystique, Yellow Wolverine and Colossus to finish off the set.

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:37 pm

I'm down to just needing Iceman.

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:03 pm

My lucky streak continues as the had a new box at Hot Topic this morning. Picked up all 3 exclusives and Colossus. Now all I need are Mystique, Beast and Yellow Wolverine to complete the set.

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:06 am

Just noticed online (haven't verified in store but it's almost always the same) the GS exclusive case minis are now $4.99 and the common case ones are still $6.99.
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:37 am

ordered the yellow Wolverine on ebay so my collection is finally complete.

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Just needing Diamond Emma Frost to finish up my brother's collection.
Just a small town girl...

Return to “Blind Bags”