Walgreens Exclusives

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: Walgreens Exclusives

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 pm

The Minifigure Vinyl wrote:
synergy56 wrote:Ask and you shall receive lol People really need to stop asking for Walmart exclusives!

People need to stop asking for exclusives that aren't from Hot Topic! lol They always get a surplus of exclusives and I always have $5 coupons there!

It's insane how much Hot Topic gets. I was there over the weekend and they had 20+ Deans and like 12 of the 6" Tyrant :eek:
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

The Minifigure Vinyl

Postby The Minifigure Vinyl » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:13 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
synergy56 wrote:Ask and you shall receive lol People really need to stop asking for Walmart exclusives!

People need to stop asking for exclusives that aren't from Hot Topic! lol They always get a surplus of exclusives and I always have $5 coupons there!

It's insane how much Hot Topic gets. I was there over the weekend and they had 20+ Deans and like 12 of the 6" Tyrant :eek:

I'd rather have stores get 20 exclusives than none at all! lol I think HTs need to rethink supplying their stores. Mine always gets 20+ of one exclusive but not one exclusive Dorbz! :(

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:16 pm

The Minifigure Vinyl wrote:I'd rather have stores get 20 exclusives than none at all! lol I think HTs need to rethink supplying their stores. Mine always gets 20+ of one exclusive but not one exclusive Dorbz! :(

I talked to the manager at my Hot Topic and they said their store never receive Dorbz :( It's really disappointing, but hopefully that changes soon!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:20 pm

I second or third this or whatever we are on!! lol Hot Topic is definitely the easiest. They get a ton of stock, most of their individual stores have their own instagram or facebook accounts where they post new arrivals and they will hold things for 24 hours if you call. Definitely top of the store exclusive stores. I also find them to the be the only reliable ones for calling. They always know what I am talking about and either already have the answer or go look for items over the phone :) I have also been really lucky with Walgreens and Target and lately with Toys R Us. It really is just the Walmart that stymies and eludes me.
Hi, I'm Merri!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:07 pm

Well just like that a new Walgreens hunt begins! I want that Gwenpool!!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:36 pm

I don't get why Walgreens gets POPs. Not a single person even knows what they are when I go. At least when you go to TRU they know what you're talking about.

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:44 pm

I feel like the only one that has not found a Wal-Greens exclusive. Mine still has Frozen and other old ones total of like 5-6 Pops. One of these days I might walk in and if I find a exclusive I'm liable to hit the floor from shock!

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:59 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:Well just like that a new Walgreens hunt begins! I want that Gwenpool!!

I needs it! I kind of miss stalking 10 Walgreens a day hunting for 1 pop!
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:49 am

synergy56 wrote:I have also been really lucky with Walgreens and Target and lately with Toys R Us. It really is just the Walmart that stymies and eludes me.

Walmart has gotten a lot better lately. Except for Dr. Harleen, I think all the exclusives that have come out in the last year or two can be ordered on the site with Ship to Store.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
synergy56 wrote:I have also been really lucky with Walgreens and Target and lately with Toys R Us. It really is just the Walmart that stymies and eludes me.

Walmart has gotten a lot better lately. Except for Dr. Harleen, I think all the exclusives that have come out in the last year or two can be ordered on the site with Ship to Store.

In my experience Walmart has improved. Walgreens is the bane of my existence. It's a cold day in hell when I actually find one of their exclusives on shelves.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

jwalk40

Postby jwalk40 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:09 pm

I have better luck with Walgreens than Hot Topic in my area. One Hot Topic (which gets cleared of exclusives as soon as they come in by Ebay resellers) vs. 12+ Walgreens stores within half an hour.
Pop Count: 119
Wishlist: Dark Phoenix, Red Skull

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Classier wrote:I don't get why Walgreens gets POPs. Not a single person even knows what they are when I go. At least when you go to TRU they know what you're talking about.

Wait, you mean a toy store knows what a Pop! is, but a drug store doesn't? What sort of world do we live in!
My Name is Ernie

MillenniumFunko

Postby MillenniumFunko » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:20 am

My local Walgreens i have been pretty lucky, they had all the star wars exclusives that i was looking and plus the manager who i speak with she is also a funky collector so when the re-released pops! came out she actually held a box for me.
Star Wars Pop! & WWE Collector
Collecting 2yrs
Pop! Count: 127
First Pop!: #64 C-3P0
Latest Pop!: #56 Asuka (Green Mask)

Nikeboi916

Postby Nikeboi916 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:56 am

MillenniumFunko wrote:My local Walgreens i have been pretty lucky, they had all the star wars exclusives that i was looking and plus the manager who i speak with she is also a funky collector so when the re-released pops! came out she actually held a box for me.

Your one of the lucky ones . My walgreens still don't know what a pop is :mad:
ImageImage

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:20 am

Kaljor wrote:
Classier wrote:I don't get why Walgreens gets POPs. Not a single person even knows what they are when I go. At least when you go to TRU they know what you're talking about.

Wait, you mean a toy store knows what a Pop! is, but a drug store doesn't? What sort of world do we live in!

I'm well aware of that, but they get all the cool exclusives, so I like complaining about it.

scorpiokyle

Postby scorpiokyle » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:28 am

I've had luck at local walgreens with Marvel exclusives. Star Wars exclusives are another story, all the stores in my area are clogged up with Snow Troopers, Prototype Boba Fetts and Imperial guards. I was able to find Scarlet Spider (at one random store) and Ms Marvel (more plentiful but I pulled the trigger and bought it on walgreens.com early December.) recently and most stores restocked unmasked Spider-Gwen.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:37 pm

I abhor Walgreens exclusives. I have to drive too far to find one, and they never have anything good. Having said that, I stopped in one today while we were out-and-about and picked up both Scarlet Spider and Masked Sabine. Go me!
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

ljthetoyaddict

Postby ljthetoyaddict » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:52 am

I have every Walgreens exclusive except chase Green Goblin. I am hoping to get him and Hobgoblin to finish off my Spider Man Set. Walgreens is a hit or miss for me most of the time I get lucky, but then there are those times I'm calling and running around from store to store to end up empty handed like I did with the Star Wars Rebels Pops and Green Goblin. I ended up buying the Star Wars Pops at the Flea Market. I wish stock was better at some of these stores like Walgreens and Walmart though Walmart is getting better they still have some work to do.
Collecting Since 2012-Over 800 Funko Items And Counting- IG @skylanderaddicts-Keep it Popping! :freddy2:

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:07 pm

I think I would fall over if I found a WalGreens exclusive. Have not found one yet. Maybe this year will be different. Doubt it but anything is possible

Agust J

Postby Agust J » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:15 pm

istg I hope there's a Walgreens in my area with that has the Gwenpool exclusive once it's released. pls.

kpacheco

Postby kpacheco » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Finally found Scarlet Spider. I've had good good luck with Walgreens exclusives. The only one I've never found was the Regular Punisher. Even before the restocks the only Punisher I've seen was the Thunderbolts version. There's been tons of complaints about Walgreen but I've had more issues finding things at Walmarts. There are around 10 Walmarts in my vicinity and I had been checking multiple times during the release time but I've never found a Dr Harleen. Now my local Walmart has a dedicated Funko section. Hopefully this makes finding things a lot easier.

esteban123

Postby esteban123 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:20 pm

I need to find the pint size power rangers however my Walgreens never gets anything
Hello All!!! My name is Esteban

Pop Count: 175

Must Have Pop: Holo Darth Maul

1st Pop: Anger from Inside Out

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:55 pm

I've noticed for their minis sometimes my region doesn't get them if they still have other minis still stocked.
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

esteban123

Postby esteban123 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:56 pm

Walgreens *facepalm*
Hello All!!! My name is Esteban

Pop Count: 175

Must Have Pop: Holo Darth Maul

1st Pop: Anger from Inside Out

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:30 pm

I'm not sure if distribution has been different with the past few waves of exclusives, but over the last 5 months or so, I haven't found any walgreen's exclusives in the wild in California. I didn't have much trouble finding their exclusives until recently.

KarateKid

Postby KarateKid » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:52 pm

ryanc_ wrote:I'm not sure if distribution has been different with the past few waves of exclusives, but over the last 5 months or so, I haven't found any walgreen's exclusives in the wild in California. I didn't have much trouble finding their exclusives until recently.

Agreed. It seems none of the Walgreens here in the Bay Area got any new exclusives. While Grievous and Sabine were showing up all over the country we got nothing ever. No Scarlet Spider, nothing new. We still have the old Star Wars exclusives on our shelves and occasionally the old Marvel. :(

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:58 pm

I haven't been to Walgreens recently, but over here in Washington the Walgreens typically are well stocked on their exclusives. I'll definitely be hunting for the new John Stewart pop though.

Instagram: whatthefunk206

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:58 pm

ultimatefighter1 wrote:
ryanc_ wrote:I'm not sure if distribution has been different with the past few waves of exclusives, but over the last 5 months or so, I haven't found any walgreen's exclusives in the wild in California. I didn't have much trouble finding their exclusives until recently.

Agreed. It seems none of the Walgreens here in the Bay Area got any new exclusives. While Grievous and Sabine were showing up all over the country we got nothing ever. No Scarlet Spider, nothing new. We still have the old Star Wars exclusives on our shelves and occasionally the old Marvel. :(

I think the problem with the Bay Area in general is that we have so many collectors hunting so they are gone really quickly. You pretty much have to check stores every day or find a particularly friendly employee that will actually go into the back and check for you to get something. I have always been pretty luck with Walgreens, but I did never find a Ms. Marvel. I did stop looking though when a friend near Sacramento picked one up for me. I know they were around though because I did find one lone Scarlet Spider in a super beat up box at one Walgreens. There are just so many Walgreens in this area, not to mention Hot Topics, Gamestops and Targets that if you are super persistent then you can generally find what you are after. Walmart and Barnes and Noble are something of a different story. I think it's because there aren't many of them so the flippers find them a bit easier to hit and wipe out.
Hi, I'm Merri!

ginas_place

Postby ginas_place » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:50 am

I have had some luck with Walgreens Exclusives using their in stock tracker. It has help A LOT! Now I am searching for John Stewart. Not sure how to track him through the website, I'm thinking he will be be under the generic Funko assortment.
Gina

I am a Funko Addict!
Sidekick in the Legion of Collectors
Hero of the Collector Corps
Pirate of the Smugglers Bounty

ISO: Unmasked Black Panther Dorbz

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:54 am

I've had mixed luck with Walgreens. There are a lot of stores in my area and they all get pops but their are also flippers that hit all of the stores. They are still much better than the Walmarts in my area that do not regularly stock any Funko product.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:52 am

There was a day I literally went to 9 Walgreens to search for exclusives and found not a one. I've seen a couple in lately though so am hoping it's getting better. I heard that the metallic green goblin chase is being re-released soon.
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:16 am

I hit 10 Walgreens this weekend looking for new stuff. They did have Funko exclusives in every store, but nothing I was looking for. I have never seen more unmasked Spider Gwens. I think each store had like 10 of those things.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:24 pm

synergy56 wrote:I hit 10 Walgreens this weekend looking for new stuff. They did have Funko exclusives in every store, but nothing I was looking for. I have never seen more unmasked Spider Gwens. I think each store had like 10 of those things.

Wow, 10?! I went to five myself and found little to no Funko products.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:25 pm

synergy56 wrote:I hit 10 Walgreens this weekend looking for new stuff. They did have Funko exclusives in every store, but nothing I was looking for. I have never seen more unmasked Spider Gwens. I think each store had like 10 of those things.

Yeah, lately this is the ONLY exclusive I've seen anywhere. :(
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Dogmatic

Postby Dogmatic » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:52 pm

The one local Walgreens I've seen lately that has a bunch of exclusive stock was all Red Guard, Proto Boba and Spirit Yoda. And that was last week.
NES JASON 4 LIFE
ISO: 8-Bit Jason proto, NES colorway. If it exists, anyway.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:52 pm

magicalme wrote:There was a day I literally went to 9 Walgreens to search for exclusives and found not a one. I've seen a couple in lately though so am hoping it's getting better. I heard that the metallic green goblin chase is being re-released soon.

I've only seen mystery minis at mine.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

sleepywan

Postby sleepywan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:28 pm

My local Walgreen's have varied - one has some Yoda and Boba Fett protos, a different one had a Scarlet Spider, and another had several AT-AT Drivers. Completely different results at 3 stores...almost nothing the same between the 3.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:09 pm

I found some random assortments along with all the Spider Gwens. Some Spirit Yodas and Proto Boba Fetts and a couple of Ms. Marvel. Not a lot of Marvel stuff - we will see what the next few weeks bring - still hoping for some Dorbz Chases.
Hi, I'm Merri!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:02 pm

I've been seeing Ms. Marvel and Spider-Gwen in abundance these days. But I don't think Gwenpool and John Stewart will be so simple.

ditbu13oi

Postby ditbu13oi » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:29 am

Dogmatic wrote:The one local Walgreens I've seen lately that has a bunch of exclusive stock was all Red Guard, Proto Boba and Spirit Yoda. And that was last week.

My walgreens has those for months!

Return to “Pop!”